PDA

View Full Version : My Home Town!

Keld Denar
2010-11-04, 09:14 PM
So, if anyone has seen the new Kid Rock video (http://www.mtv.com/videos/kid-rock/593593/born-free.jhtml?xrs=share_fb), it was filmed in my home town. I just saw it linked on facebook. Its pretty remarkable. You should check it out, mute if if you don't like Kid Rock's work, just to see the beauty of the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore and all of its natural splendor.

My parents can see those rocks from their living room window. Its a pretty amazing way to start your day when I'm back home. Makes you feel amazed and small yet grand and powerful at the same time! Very beautiful!

Also, there are other scenes from around the neighborhood, including the beautiful indian summer along Highway 13, and a road up along Cemetary Hill.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-11-04, 09:25 PM
Pictured Rocks in Michigan?

Huh. My mom was there about a month ago. Cool.

Cealocanth
2010-11-04, 10:55 PM
You have a beautiful home town. That's a very special thing.

Xyk
2010-11-04, 11:33 PM
That's so pretty! I want to visit but it's soooo far away.

Jack Black shot some scenes for whatever his new movie is at my rival high school. Grrrrr.:smallfurious:

KerfuffleMach2
2010-11-06, 12:00 AM
That's so pretty! I want to visit but it's soooo far away.

Jack Black shot some scenes for whatever his new movie is at my rival high school. Grrrrr.:smallfurious:

Man, don't even get me started on what's being filmed around here...

Transformers 3, for starters.

Makes sense that he'd use Picture Rocks, since he's from Michigan and all.

Isak
2010-11-06, 09:55 AM
Pretty cool!

The only thing that I know of that was being filmed around here recently was the latest Indiana Jones movie. They filmed some scenes in one of the bigger cities in CT, about 10 minutes away from me :smallbiggrin:

Harrison Ford was about a block and a half away from me, and I didn't even know until afterwards :smalleek:

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2010-11-06, 09:59 AM
If I went on about every movie/artist that shot something in my home town...

Let's just say that T.O. isn't a small town. And that we basically look like New York, 60 years ago.

Malfunctioned
2010-11-06, 10:02 AM
If I went on about every movie/artist that shot something in my home town...

Let's just say that T.O. isn't a small town. And that we basically look like New York, 60 years ago.

I live in London, it's hard to watch a large amount of English TV without finding a place that I frequent or at least recognise. :smalltongue:

But yeah, your home town is most pretty. :smallsmile:

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2010-11-06, 10:04 AM
But yeah, your home town is most pretty. :smallsmile:

Says the guy who lives in London!

Toronto is nice, cause it's like a cross between London and New York. When I was in London for a week, it felt sooo much life home, you don't understand. Partly because we stayed in Whitechapel, which is much like the area I live in now, mostly immigrants and, to a lesser extent, students, but no part of London would be really out of place if you picked it up and moved it into Toronto. Which was interesting, because you don't really have T.O. compared to London all that much, always to New York. Probably because New York is closer, and more people have been to New York, but...

I haven't. :smallfrown:

KerfuffleMach2
2010-11-06, 08:20 PM
Well, I haven't been to Toronto or London, but I can tell you that they're both better looking than good old Detroit.

The_JJ
2010-11-07, 01:06 AM
Heh. I'm doin' my schoolin' in LA, so I can go eat breakfast at the Reservoir Dogs diner, skip down to the Star Trek treaty fountain on my way to class past the cast of NCIS. Yes, that happened earlier this year.

Keld Denar
2010-11-07, 01:17 PM
Yea, I can appreciate brushing elbows with that kinda thing if you live in a very populated place. Keep in mind, though, that the area featured in that video is the area around a city of about 3000 people. The high school there pulls students in from a ~30 mile radius and my graduating class was still only 63 kids. Its not every day that big things happen in a small town, so I think its pretty neat.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2010-11-07, 09:54 PM
Yea, I can appreciate brushing elbows with that kinda thing if you live in a very populated place. Keep in mind, though, that the area featured in that video is the area around a city of about 3000 people. The high school there pulls students in from a ~30 mile radius and my graduating class was still only 63 kids. Its not every day that big things happen in a small town, so I think its pretty neat.

Truesay. I've lived here for all my life, so I wouldn't know what that's like...

KerfuffleMach2
2010-11-08, 09:56 PM

Yeah, I can vouch for that. I know the UP fairly well, with half my family living up there.