PDA

View Full Version : [nWoD] The Traveling Vampire

Aron Times
2010-11-05, 12:25 AM
This is unlikely to come up in an actual game, as Vampire is usually set in a City of Adventure and doesn't stray far from it, but if you were a vampire, how would you go about vacationing?

I usually play Ventrue, and the way I would accomplish this would depend on the number of dots I have in Animalism and Dominate.

1. Dominate 2 + the Vinculum gives me reliable servants to drive/fly/sail me around the globe and watch my body in my sleep. Dominate 3 gets me past guards without them telling anyone about it. And Dominate 5 lets me possess one of my minions so I can do some sightseeing during the day.

2. Animalism 3 allows for a convenient vegetarian vampire diet (BP < 3 only). Animalism 4 lets me possess an animal, which is similar to Dominate 5 for humans.

3. I'd probably need at least Resources 3 for expenses and for maintaining my minions.

4. Maintaining a large base of Contacts would come in handy for learning the rules of the city, if there is an organized vampire presence within.

5. Since vampires don't get tired until sunrise, I can go on long road trips in the evening and sleep (or have my minions drive) during the day.

What do you think?

Edge
2010-11-05, 02:51 AM
A travelling vampire always wants Protean's Haven of Earth for emergencies, or even just all the time if they have low expectations. It can be a real unlife-saver.

Kesnit
2010-11-05, 07:04 AM
There's a Nos bloodline in one of the books (can't remember which) called Rakshasha, who serve as sort-of vampire travel agents. They have a worldwide network and make all the arrangements for you, including packaging and shipping.