PDA

View Full Version : Where to post?

lord pringle
2010-11-05, 09:39 PM
I want to make a Play-by-Post war game in the style of Erfworld but I'm not sure whether to post in structured games or finding players/ongoing games.

Innis Cabal
2010-11-05, 09:46 PM
If it has no players, in Finding Players. If you have all your players, in On-Going games.

lord pringle
2010-11-05, 09:52 PM
I'm more curious of whether to put it in finding players or strucred games

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-05, 10:06 PM
Are you using established rules or is it freeform.

I believe that's the difference between the two.

lord pringle
2010-11-05, 10:09 PM
established rules, but I created them. So which one?

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-05, 10:12 PM
established rules, but I created them. So which one?

Play by Post I'd say. You're using a specificed ruleset (not the right term methinks) rather than it being more freeform. Unless you have a specific reason for wanting to post it in SG, I reckon go with PbB.

lord pringle
2010-11-05, 10:15 PM
thank you.

Zeb The Troll
2010-11-06, 12:59 AM
Play by Post I'd say. You're using a specificed ruleset (not the right term methinks) rather than it being more freeform. Unless you have a specific reason for wanting to post it in SG, I reckon go with PbB.That's not really what he's asking, if I understand the question right. The Werewolf games that populate the Structured Games subforum have a codified ruleset (though it changes from game to game and even from iteration to iteration of the same game sometimes). And they have a signup so it's not unrestricted participation like Free Form Role Play is, so that's not a deciding factor either. That's what makes them Structured.

lord pringle, are you looking for a few people to play in a structured role play, like you would at a table top? Or are you talking about a larger structured game, possibly involving dozens of players? I could see it going either way, based on your description.

happyturtle
2010-11-06, 01:06 AM
Is there roleplay or not? In Structured, roleplay is encouraged, but rarely required. In pbp, roleplay is the entire point.