PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me with my villain?

Lhurgyof
2010-11-05, 09:56 PM
Ok, so I'm creating an adventure for tomorrow, and the villain is going to be based on Dr. Jekyll. He's become overcome with his studies, and has resorting to using his magic to change the townsfolk. He's come up with a curse that transforms the townfolk (into something, not quite sure yet, any help with that would help too), so I need a good CR 4-6 encounter that would fit the bill for a Jekyll like character.

Also, I'm trying to find a name that doesn't give it away but hints to Jekyll and Hyde.

So, if anybody can help me with this, I'd appreciate it. :smallsmile:

DaMullet
2010-11-05, 10:17 PM
Wererat would be a good basepoint, but modify it a bit so that it's not actually part-animal.

As for a name, making one of them "Doctor J*" and the other "Mister H*" will probably work as an 'obvious in hindsight' thing. Maybe he's french, Dr. Jacques Elle.

Crafty Cultist
2010-11-05, 10:17 PM
Refluffing a lycanthrope could give you the transformation you're looking for, or the thoon thrall in the monster manual V

Lhurgyof
2010-11-05, 10:25 PM
Ah, thanks guys, that's a great idea.

I was thinking he drinks a potion of rage and it triggers his transformation.

How's that? xD

DaMullet
2010-11-05, 10:36 PM
It also has to invalidate his doctorate somehow.

If he's going to trigger it with a potion, make sure the transformation also changes his alignment from whatever good to whatever evil.

Lhurgyof
2010-11-05, 10:42 PM
It also has to invalidate his doctorate somehow.

If he's going to trigger it with a potion, make sure the transformation also changes his alignment from whatever good to whatever evil.

I was thinking he starts out as a more corrupted neutral and becomes fully evil.

I noticed that by the end it seems that Jekyll is evil and Hyde is more empathic.

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-11-05, 10:44 PM
You can always take a page or three from my Incredible Hulk build...

a level of Barbarian, with the Goliath ACF (handwave goliath prereq, or just tack in three levels of Stoneblessed), and a level of Frenzied Berzerker. The potion simply automatically sets off FB's 'tpk in a can' class feature.

true_shinken
2010-11-05, 10:51 PM
Pathfinder Alchemist (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist) looks like exactly what you want.