PDA

View Full Version : 4th ed powers

Draconi Redfir
2010-11-06, 01:00 AM
so due to the cancellation of my normal game at a D&D meetup i go to twice a month, i think i might find myself playing 4th edition more often then not, and as i learned from the last time i played, if i don’t use 4th ed powers, i'm more or less dead. so i did some googleing to see if i could find a list of powers for my characters to use in their respective classes, yet i've come up with nothing. is showing 4th ed powers online illegal, or do i just have poor googlefu?

DeltaEmil
2010-11-06, 01:13 AM
I don't think that any powers or class abilities for 4th edition are avaiable online and for free legally, as it was with the OGD or the SRD for 3.X.

Draconi Redfir
2010-11-06, 01:15 AM
curses. ahh well. i'll bring some extra scrap paper tomorrow. maby i can borrow someone's book and write down the powers i want each charicter to have and what they do or something.

Kylarra
2010-11-06, 01:16 AM
The only ones you can get for free-ish is whatever you get from the demo of CB if they're still offering that.

Thajocoth
2010-11-06, 01:17 AM
Both.

There is some free content, but the vast majority is not. Obviously, all of it can be found online SOMEwhere, if you knew where to look, but that would be piracy and is therefore illegal.

Mystic Muse
2010-11-06, 01:50 AM
pay 10 bucks and you can get almost everything with a subscription to dungeons and dragons insider at the WOTC website.

Kurald Galain
2010-11-06, 04:15 AM
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Calendar.aspx

This is WOTC's archive of previews of the past years. Anything that doesn't have a red square in front of it is free. You can probably find enough there to play a level-1 character or level-2 character, but probably not more than that.

valadil
2010-11-06, 11:53 AM
if i don’t use 4th ed powers, i'm more or less dead.

If you're not using your powers what exactly are you doing in combat? Basic attacks?

The DDI character builder lets you make characters up to level 3 without paying. If you do pay, you can download the updates to get characters of all levels and then cancel your subscription. You should do that soon though because they're changing to an online only CB that needs a monthly subscription.

kieza
2010-11-06, 12:25 PM
if i don’t use 4th ed powers, i'm more or less dead.

I'm just curious, and I may totally be misreading your post, but it seems you're saying this like it's a bad thing.

Tengu_temp
2010-11-06, 12:28 PM
Why not ask the people you play with to show you the core book?