PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Commune With Nature Question

Dralnu
2010-11-06, 11:56 AM
A player casted Commune With Nature (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/communeWithNature.htm) in a swamp, looking for 1) unnatural creatures 2) local creatures 3) mineral veins.

Within the spell's radius there's an active mine that is being used by kobolds to harvest precious metals. Conveniently beside this mine is a dragon's lair that the kobolds supply, complete with a dragon hoarde of processed gems / coins.

Would his commune with nature reveal all this? Not the "dragon" part (since he's absent), but do processed gems count?

Galsiah
2010-11-06, 04:39 PM
From the intent of the spell, I'd say the player knows about the location of the mine, but not the processed minerals, seeing as they are now manufactured objects and no longer part of a mineral vein. He also wouldn't know about the kobolds, since the local creatures part would fall under woodland creatures, which kobolds aren't. He'd just know there's a concentration of minerals where the mine is located, though he wouldn't know it's a mine or being run by kobolds.