PDA

View Full Version : Race Chart?

mrcarter11
2010-11-06, 12:00 PM
Is there a guide or chart somewhere that has all the 3.5 races. I know about the crystal keep one, but it doesn't have every book as far as I know. I commonly find myself trying to find the prefect race for a multitude of concepts and ideas, sadly I can hardly ever seem to find what I'm looking for. So wondering if a chart exists and where to find it, if it does exist.. Thanks for any help.

grarrrg
2010-11-06, 12:21 PM
find the prefect race for a multitude of concepts and ideas

There's an Elf for that.
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s145/clem13x/grey-apple-logo.gif

For those builds that want Con, just add Mineral Warrior (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20031003e)

:smalltongue:

Koury
2010-11-06, 12:46 PM
Well here (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19546874/Master_Player_Race_List_Version_2.0) is all Non LAd races.

mrcarter11
2010-11-06, 03:29 PM
So the race I was looking for doesn't exist then according to that site. I was looking for something without an LA, that gets a bonus to Cha, and a penalty to something besides Con. A penalty to Str would be best for me, but just something besides Con..

Valameer
2010-11-06, 03:36 PM
This was on that list. Does it work for you?

"Lesser Aasimar +2 Wis +2 Cha, medium, 30 ft., light (sp), paladin, humanoid (planetouched), player’s guide to faerun pg.191"

EvilJames
2010-11-06, 04:00 PM
Mongelfolk aren't on that list but they don't do what you want either.

FMArthur
2010-11-06, 04:16 PM
There's also the Magic-Blooded template from Dragon Magazine. It has level adjustment 0 and has -2 Wis +2 Cha. It also gets a bunch of little SLAs... I can't help but think that it was originally meant to replace racial features, the way Dragonborn does, because it's a little unbalanced as it is, giving you all that free stuff. If you don't want to feel like a cheater/want to get it by the DM you might want to do it that way.

Echoes
2010-11-06, 05:08 PM
I also recommend asking your DM if he would permit you to crack open a copy of Savage Species, and use the procedure listed there for turning a monster into a PC. While there are some monsters that make little sense as adventurers in a party, using that process opens up quite a few humanoid creatures that could fit the bill quite nicely as a really exotic take on the standard adventurer.

grarrrg
2010-11-06, 05:17 PM
Mongelfolk aren't on that list but they don't do what you want either.

They ARE on the list.

ctrl+F
start typing "mongrel" and it should jump down to where they're listed.

They are grouped under "Humans".

Likewise if you do ctrl+F and type "+2 cha" it will give you 4 results.
Star Elf
Hellbred (spirit)
Lesser Aasimar
Spellscale

All but 1 of those have -2 Con though.

mrcarter11
2010-11-06, 05:37 PM
Correct, I found all four. The one without the penalty is the Lesser, which isn't where they have it listed.. So, I can't find it, which makes it hard to use. If someone could redirect it.

Darrin
2010-11-06, 05:45 PM
Correct, I found all four. The one without the penalty is the Lesser, which isn't where they have it listed.. So, I can't find it, which makes it hard to use. If someone could redirect it.

Lesser Aasimar are in the Player's Guide to Faerun on p. 191, under "Lesser Planetouched". The racial stats aren't given, it just tells you to change their type to "Humanoid" with the "Planetouched" subtype. This makes them susceptible to both human-only spells and outsider/extraplanar-only spells.

There is a second method to playing an Aasimar with no LA. If you use the Savage Progression template classes (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040213a), you can start play with an Aasimar with somewhat weaker racial abilities, such as only Cha +2. You can take the template class level sometime later, or just never bother to take it at all. If you go with this option, they still retain their Outsider type, which means they are proficient with all melee weapons and are immune to humanoid-only spells.

mrcarter11
2010-11-07, 02:47 AM
Is there a place where all the info for the race is actually printed?

Teron
2010-11-07, 03:10 AM
Gruwaars (from Dragon 317) are small fey with +2 Dex +2 Cha -2 Str -2 Wis.

Darrin
2010-11-07, 08:10 AM
Is there a place where all the info for the race is actually printed?

You mean the Aasimar (http://srd.realmspire.com/monstersOtoR.html#aasimar)? Look under "Planetouched" in the SRD.

From there you can extrapolate the "Lesser" or "Savage Progression" version.

mrcarter11
2010-11-07, 08:13 AM
I ended up using some version without an LA, it had the +2 Cha which is all I wanted.. Cleveland huh..

EvilJames
2010-11-07, 09:03 AM
They ARE on the list.

ctrl+F
start typing "mongrel" and it should jump down to where they're listed.

They are grouped under "Humans".

Likewise if you do ctrl+F and type "+2 cha" it will give you 4 results.
Star Elf
Hellbred (spirit)
Lesser Aasimar
Spellscale

All but 1 of those have -2 Con though.

Huh didn't see them there I forgot about the races of destiny version (cause I hate it) so I was thinking of the regular one which is a monster book I can't remember right now.