PDA

View Full Version : Warstriders: A Return to Glory [Exalted, PEACH]

Kyeudo
2010-11-06, 12:30 PM
Warstriders have both intriqued me and bugged me since I read about them in Wonders of the Lost Age. Drawing from such sources as Vision of Escaflowne, Gundam, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, and dozens of other mecha anime, they rightly should inspire awe and terror in characters within the setting. A duel between warstriders should be like unto a clash between two Greek gods, a battle to shake the earth and decide the fate of nations.

However, we got handed super-rocket tag. A warstider, as given in Dreams of the First Age, is a mass produced, clunky suit of powered armor that loses in almost every way to a suit of Celestial Battle Armor and a good old fashioned Grand Daiklave. A duel between two warstriders is short, brutal, and not particularly interesting.

So, I have attempted to fix the system, as I am want to do with just about everything. This particular fix has been percolating through my head for the past six months or so and only now is finally in a complete enough state for viewing by the general public.

So, without further ado, here's the (almost) finished product. (http://www.mediafire.com/file/d9eye7r3qiqmz6i/Warstrider%20Fix.pdf)

Be brutal. Tell me anything you think is screwy, from layout to wording to whole concepts.