PDA

View Full Version : Endless Beginnings, (IC)

Rahas
2010-11-06, 03:05 PM
You have all made it to the wonderful town of Brisful, sitting on the outskirts of the metropolis Moonreach. Many rumors have spread around the globe about the power that resides within Moonreach, some call it the fountain of youth, others say you can die happy after just one meal from a certain chef, too many of them are blatant rumors but they keep traffic up and prevent brigands from taking control of the main roads.

Before leaving the town of Brisful however each of you have been stopped by the village elder and gathered in the town hall, he has not made his intent clear and gave each of you a different story regarding what he wants from you. He gathers each of your from the inn you were staying in at seperate times waiting until all of you are seated in the town hall being monitored by what looks to be eight other people that look the same as the town elder, before speaking up again.

"I'm sorry to delay your departures however I have been asked to make sure you 5 are together before approaching Moonreach, for some reason the Loremaster, Jim McTarvin, believes you five hold something special that he doesn't want falling into the hands of the local thieves guild that have been running rampant and corrupting the politics of Moonreach in their favor. He believes that if you take the front gate you would be captured and then be tortured for information so he wishes to offer a deal." Says the village elder, "All he requires is that you assist him with his deeds, and he is willing to offer a full protection from the thieves guild if you are willing to help fix the town in his name."

SensFan
2010-11-06, 03:40 PM
Fingering the end of his long staff sits an aged man, but one with a gleam of adventure still in his eyes. Quiet, but attentive, he looks around the room, taking in every detail of the room and the people in it. He looks particularily closely at the people sitting with him, to whom the elder addressed, before turning his attention completely at the man speaking to him. I'm not one for fancy wordplay and dancing around things. Get to the point: what exactly does this Loremaster want us to do, and since someone must ask, what's the price he's offering us for our hire?

Echoes
2010-11-06, 03:57 PM
Aaron shuffles uncomfortably in his seat throughout the elder's short speech. Drifting in and out of attention, he thinks to himself, I'm already uncomfortable enough in this city... I wish the dryads had not told me there was need of me here; it was so safe back in my woods.... He turns his head quietly as a new voice speaks, eyes focused on the newer human's intimidating presence. All but unaware of the words leaving the scout's mouth, Aaron's inner monologue continues, And travelling with other humans? They seem nice enough, but I don't know. My pack has served me well...

When the man finishes speaking, Aaron turns back to the elder, raising a hand feebly before speaking in a humbled tone, I'm sorry, sir. I know your loremaster is probably very good at his job, but I'm afraid he must be mistaken. I know little of the world; it's very unlikely I have any information which could be important to, well... anybody. Glancing down at his feet, he adds softly, Cleaning up the streets is a good task though, and something I wouldn't mind helping you with. I might as well make myself useful while I'm forced to be here, anyway.

Zazori
2010-11-06, 04:11 PM
Sinthia sits quietly on her chair, looking closely on everyone, Like hell I can trust any of those guys..Sinthia thinks for herself.

After Brom spoke.

The old hag seems fine though, he already asked for the hire, so he might be a bit like me.. She thinks.

Rahas
2010-11-06, 04:25 PM
The village elder nerviously looked around at the 8 figures of himself before getting back to your questions. "I'm sorry but I can only tell you what I know, and all I know is that Jim wants the 5 of you to help him with his newest project..." the village elder studders a little before catching his breath and moving on to the next question.
"If monetary gain is all you truly care for I'm sure he will be able to provide plenty for you. He is creator of 2 of the highest quality magic stores in town, along with being the leader of a branch the Arcane order that moved in here about 50 years ago. But if you also require an initial investment I might be able to cover the expense.

Zazori
2010-11-06, 04:52 PM
Sinthia says with her most pleasant voice, I would like an initial investment, before I do anything.

Echoes
2010-11-06, 05:01 PM
Aaron looks thoughtfully at the elder, wringing the back of his neck with one hand. Quite honestly, I have little need for things of contrived value... You cannot eat gold, or even use it for your benefit in the woods. If you had something that would help me make it safely there and back again, however, I would not be at all opposed.

A wistful expression crosses his features, as he mentally appends ...preferrably in as little time as possible.

Gandariel
2010-11-06, 07:56 PM
In a corner of the room sits Zorg, a tall, charming human with dark hair, who has been silent the whole time. He looks carefully at the other occupants of the room and listens to their speeches; then, he says

Well, if this Jim wants to talk to us, we should at least go and hear what he has to say...
hmm, initial investment you say? well, actually i wasn't going to ask for money, but i guess a couple more potions would certainly help

SensFan
2010-11-06, 08:39 PM
Brom gets up from his seat, showing quite a bit more agility than would be expected for an older man. I'll work with these kids if this Jim wants me to, but I sure hope neither of you expect me to work for nothing. You want the services of Brom, you best hope you got deep pockets, 'cause I don't come cheap. As he finishes speaking, he looks more carefully at the people who have been lumped in with him, appraising those who have spoken. The lass seems alright, and will make a nice sight if nothing else. The buffoon wearing the animal hide seems to be new to this sort of thing, though, what kind of man takes on a job without seeing some gold first? As for the other human, well, let's hope he can keep that oversized mutt under control.

Inlieu
2010-11-07, 12:19 AM
Garrak Hirzut looks around the room, scowling darkly. He's tall and unpleasant to look at, with a large, flat nose that's clearly been broken more than once, a raggedly cut shock of black hair atop his head, and skin tinged a light green revealing his orcish blood. "Thieves don't scare me none. Why would they want anythin' with me anyway?" but almost seeming not to really expect an answer. He scratches his chest idly, surveying the other four with dull black eyes, At least one a them has a dog.

Garrak gives a slow nod, "I'll listen ta Jim. Then choose ta take the job or ta walk out the front gate and kill the thieves." He grinds one fist into his opposite palm with relish.

Rahas
2010-11-07, 12:52 PM
"Thank you for being cooperative," the village elder goes into a different room and comes back pulling a chest with him. "I'm sure you can find everything you need in this chest, Jim said this would cover everything." At this point 5 of the other figures that were watching everything take place step forward towards the chest and each grab a bag before you have a chance to get out of your chair. They line up in front of you holding out the bags for you to grab. "Now its only fair that I give you a warning, actually getting to Jim is a hard task but the easiest way for you to get there will be to find Jeanne Zileria at one of the magic stores. I wish I could tell you more, but alas I don't know the layout of moonreach so I can't help you navigate it. One of the bags might have a map that can help you."

Echoes
2010-11-07, 01:09 PM
Aaron, who had become absorbed in petting his furry companion after his small contribution to the conversation, looks up as one of the figures strides toward him. When the man comes to a stop within arm's length, Aaron reaches out and tenatively takes the bag offered to him. Thank you. I hope I turn out to be as much of a help to this Jim as you I think I will be... Tugging carefully at the drawstrings, Aaron slowly opens his pouch, meticulously examining the contents inside.

Gandariel
2010-11-07, 01:20 PM
Zorg looks cautiously around (especially at Aaron, to try and see if anything happened when he took the bag) and then slowly reaches to another of the men. He says, upon taking the bag, Well, this all is striking me as suspicious, but who am i to refuse this... initial investment, as you say?

Then Zorg goes back to his angle and looks carefully at the bag and its contents

Rahas
2010-11-07, 01:40 PM
As Aaron and Zorg grab their bags the figures holding them briefly become a mirror image of the person that grabbed the bag and then fade away, as if the figure never existed there to begin with. Upon investigating your bags you find a good sum of money and a few other items that seem beneficial for your current situation.

Aaron's bag
100 gp
A scroll of entangle
A cure light wounds potion
A wand of lesser vigor (10 charges)
A piece of a map of moonreach
A note saying that you only have 1/5th of the map of moonreach

Zorg's bag
200 gp
3 potions of cure light wounds
A pendant that looks like the one you already own
A note saying you only have 1/5th of the map of moonreach

Inlieu
2010-11-07, 01:44 PM
Garrak jumps up snatches the bag offered, his eyes narrowing. He grips the opening and pulls it open sharply, peering inside and looking for anything that might look like a map. If anything appears worthless, he takes it out and drops it on the floor.

This is getting strange fast. This guy wants to hire us but won't even tell us where he is?

He looks up at the man who was talking, Why is this Jim guy hiding?

SensFan
2010-11-07, 01:45 PM
Springing forward with the speed of a much younger man, Brom approaches the one of the guards still holding a bag. Reaching out for it, he grabs it with a quick nod towards the guard, Thank you kindly, Sir. He quickly rifles through the sack, looking for anything that catches his eye, before turning to those grouped in with him in this task. Well, gentlemen, young lady, inclining his head to Sinthia, if none of you have anything pressing to do, I think we're best off getting started. Who knows how long and convoluted of a task this Jim wants us to do.

Brom makes a spot check to see if anything in his bag catches his eye as something he should take a closer look at now, as opposed to when he has a chance to sift through it carefully. Do you want us making rolls like this, or will you make it?

Gandariel
2010-11-07, 01:49 PM
Zorg smiles as he sees the gold pieces and the potions, and then looks carefully at the amulet. he puts it in front of his pendant, noticing a strange resemblance.
He decides to put it back for now, and to get it examined later.
As soon as he sees the map, Zorg looks at Aaron and then says to the others Friends, i guess you should just take your bags now, if we want to reach this Moonreach

Rahas
2010-11-07, 02:04 PM
Garrak's Bag
200gp
2 different potions
A note informing you that you only have 1/5th of the map

Brom's bag
200 gp
2 potions of cure light wounds
20 masterwork arrows
A note informing you that you only have 1/5th of the map

SensfanYour passive spot roll is good enough to glance over everything and find everything of value in this situation. And when I say passive I'm counting it as if you took a 10 on the check.

Sinthia's bag200 gp
20 masterwork bolts
A note informing you only have 1/5th of the map

SensFan
2010-11-07, 02:16 PM
Brom adds a handful of the arrows to his quiver, his years of working as an archer showing their worth as he notices immediately the immense quality of the arrows. After opening and sniffing one of the vials, he tucks both of them away in his belt pouch. Grabbing his portion of the map, Brom tosses the rest of the bag into his own sack. I got part of the map of Moonreach here. Assuming you all got parts, too, let's put 'em together and begin this job; I'm not getting any younger here.

Gandariel
2010-11-07, 02:21 PM
You're right, i guess.
if any of you has to purchase something with the money (i assume) everyone has got, do it; we'll meet at the gates of the town and start from there. I have nothing to buy for myself, so i'll just go there... how about you?

SensFan
2010-11-07, 02:24 PM
Blast it, man, we don't have time for that now. A fine sight we'd be if we took a job, got our downpayment, then went off and mucked around in town before doing the work.

Gandariel
2010-11-07, 02:31 PM
I did say, in fact, that i have nothing to buy for myself.
But it's not unreasonable that given the situation, one would want to purchase some more equipment before we start..

Echoes
2010-11-07, 02:36 PM
Aaron considers each item from his pouch in turn. Gently, he slips a thin wooden stick and a rolled vellum sheet out from the bag, wrapping the parchment loosely around the other object before sliding them securely into a side pocket of his backpack for easy access. He puts all the other objects except the shred of map into the main compartment of the pack, before slinging it behind his back again.

Sensing the scout's eagerness, Aaron then shuffles over and offers up his piece of paper. Here's my part. You look like you're from somewhere close to my neck of the woods, so I assume you know how to put them together and read them? I think I'd be ready to leave whenever you are... I don't have many ties to this place, adding hesistantly afterwards, I'm Aaron, by the way.

Gandariel
2010-11-07, 02:41 PM
And here is mine says Zorg while handing his piece of map to the scout

Zorg is my name, by the way

SensFan
2010-11-07, 02:48 PM
I'm not from these parts, but I'm a fair hand with a map. Let's see what I can do putting this together. Brom takes the offered piece, and begins to see if he can fit them together. Do any of you kids have something we can use to hold this blasted thing together, once it's assembled? Looking at the two next to him, offering his hand to them in turn, the name's Brom. Brom, son of Oromis.

Knowledge Geography and/or Nature to put the map together from the pieces, assuming others show theirs.

Inlieu
2010-11-07, 05:46 PM
Garrak studies the note blankly for almost a minute before discarding it to the floor. He looks at the map and then glances back and forth between the others, then nods in realization of what's going on and hands over his piece of the map to Brom.

Garrak of Hirzut, he says gruffly to the others, And I got everything I need ta go meet this Jim.

He transfers the other items from the bag to his backpack, turning his large frame from the others as he does so.

Probably unneeded reminder to DM
Garrak is illiterate.

Zazori
2010-11-08, 06:03 AM
Sinthia gets up and grabs the bag, slowly opening it and looks whats inside.

Taking no notice of what quality the bolts are in she puts them in her quiver with the other bolts, She takes the potions one by one and puts them in her backpack.
The gold pieces she puts in her money pocket in her backpack.

She takes her piece of the map and looks at it, slightly ignoring the others.

Gandariel
2010-11-08, 11:55 AM
Zorg goes over to the girl and saysHmm, i don't think we're gonna get anywhere if you don't share with us your piece of map...

Zazori
2010-11-08, 12:35 PM
of course I will share my piece of the map with you, Sinthia says with a pleasant voice, not handing over her piece of the map.

Who is this guy to think that he can come and demand my piece of the map..

Rahas
2010-11-08, 12:47 PM
At this point in time the village elder takes his leave, leaving only you 5 and 3 other figures of the village elder in this room. The 3 village elders remain standing against the wall as if just watching you act, none of them making any movement of their own.

As Brom adds Zorg's and Garruk's piece of the map together they seem to offer more information, for example one of the magic stores is colored a bright blue and there are various skulls marked on the map at what appears to be erratic locations.

All can readAnyone who is observing the map and has craft(cartography) or any other valid cartography skill go ahead and make a roll. If you don't have a skill that would be helpful just roll a Wisdom check then.

SensFan
2010-11-08, 01:27 PM
Brom takes a step away from the map, towards Sinthia. G'day to you, young lady, inclining his head, You're more than welcome to keep your piece of map, but would it be alright if you let us use it for the time being, just to figure out what's what?

We'll never make any progress with this lass if she doesn't change her attitude in a hurry. Of all the women to make me work with...

Skill Checks[roll0]
[roll1]

If Knowledge Geo doesn't apply, that's fine. I just figured I'd roll it in case.

Gandariel
2010-11-08, 01:36 PM
i can try rolling for wisdom, maybe i'll get lucky
[roll0]

Rahas
2010-11-08, 02:22 PM
Zorg and Brom and Aaron You deduce that those skulls are a sign of danger, possibly where groups of thieves reside.

Inlieu
2010-11-08, 02:41 PM
Garrak casts his gaze around the room after looking briefly at the map, Bah, it might be easier to just go out the front gate.

"The girl just has a little piece, can't someone figure it out without it?"

He starts looking for exits to the room and then looks over to the others to see if they've figured out where to go yet.

Here's my wisdom check.

[roll0]

Echoes
2010-11-08, 03:46 PM
Well, afraid I'm not much use looking at the actual city, but I do know the forests around it pretty well, and I've used a map or two in my day...

Aaron glances over at the pieces of the map, looking for anything he'd immediately recognize. Intermittently, he glances up, shifting nervously as he examines the few figures who yet remain in the room. Speaking quietly so only his new companions can hear him, he says, Hey, you know what those guys are doing, staying around here?

Wisdom: [roll0]
And if there's anything related to the forests it, here's Knowledge(nature):[roll1]

Zazori
2010-11-08, 05:15 PM
You can have it. Sinthia quickly says with an annoyed tone, as she hands over her piece of the map, while looking the other way.

Old hag..

Gandariel
2010-11-09, 09:55 AM
since now we have the whole map i think we should be pretty able to read it (or our scout can take 20)

So... let's go to Moonreach!

Inlieu
2010-11-09, 11:33 AM
"I'll wait outside. If any of ya want protection from the thieves, figure out where ta go and come out."

Garrak scratches his head as he walks to the door of the town hall and exits, giving a sideways glance at the mysterious elders to see if they (or anyone else) tries to stop him.

Once outside, he'll wait for the others, looking up and down the street for anyone who might look like a thief.

Spot check just in case there's anything to spot.
[roll0]

Rahas
2010-11-09, 01:31 PM
As Garrak walks outside, one of the figures that remained in town hall vanishes.

Garrak, as you leave town hall you emerge infront of a busy marketplace full of people moving from stall to stall bargaining various prices for various pieces of cloth. To the West you can see the metropolis of Moonreach along with various caravans coming and going from it.

SensFan
2010-11-09, 01:33 PM
Alright, men, Brom grunts, getting up and walking towards the door. Let's get going, we got ourselves a job to do.

Zazori
2010-11-09, 02:16 PM
Sinthia looks at Brom with facial expression that really shows that he forgot something, while she loud and clearly says Hrmf!

Echoes
2010-11-09, 02:32 PM
Aaron looks at the departing party, shaking his head in a private chuckle as he watches Sinthia's reaction to the scout's choice of terms. He makes a low clicking sound with his tongue, his wrist flipping in a quick forward motion in synchronization with a nudging of his head toward the door; in response, the wolf he was petting earlier trots obediently to his side, following the young druid out the door.

Musing to himself, he thinks well, if nothing else, this task will at least be entertaining...

Gandariel
2010-11-09, 03:05 PM
Zorg follows the others, snickering about the girl's reaction
heh, this is gonna be fun

Rahas
2010-11-09, 03:11 PM
As everyone leaves town hall the other 2 figures vanish leaving no indication they were ever there. Once you emerge outside you all see the busy market in full swing along with the town of moonreach to the west.

Shortly after emerging you can all hear the cries of "THIEF!" coming from the jewerly stall, and see a human covered in black robes running towards you trying to escape the crowd of people and hide in an alley.

Inlieu
2010-11-09, 03:55 PM
Grinning, Garrak jumps forward with a grunt and tries to grab the black-robed human and wrestle him to the ground if the human isn't wielding a weapon.

If there is a visible weapon, Garrak hurls his throwing axe at the figure.

If there are any rolls I shouldn't be making or am doing it wrong, let me know.

For initiative:
[roll0]
If grapple:
[roll1]
If axe:
[roll2]

question
Did Sinthia actually leave the hall?

Rahas
2010-11-09, 04:05 PM
The black robed human manages to avoid being grabbed by Garruk but it did cause him to lose the momentum he had, once he steadies himself on his feet he looks at who grabbed him and smiles. "What luck, I heard you would be here but didn't expect you to be here this early."

Opposing Grapple roll [roll0]

If you want to use diplomancy go ahead, if you just want to kill him then go ahead and roll init for it.

Gandariel
2010-11-09, 04:30 PM
Zorg slowly walks next to his companion, and:

- If Garrak wants to kill him, slashes him with his Greatsword
Initiative [roll0]
Attack roll [roll1]
Damage roll [roll2]

-If Garrak tries talking to him Zorg says: I'm afraid you crossed the wrong street. Since now you have surely NO choice to escape all of us, you'd better answer my companion's questions
Intimidate roll [roll3]

EDIT
(Whoa, my support is completely USELESS whatever happens!)

Echoes
2010-11-09, 04:50 PM
Squaring off with the thief, Aaron eyes the thief confusedly. I think you must be mistaking us for some other group... The five of us have never met before today, let alone do anything worthy of announcing our arrival.

(If the party tries diplomacy:)
As the others start speaking to the thief, Aaron tries to aid them in their efforts, appearing either intimidating or diplomatic, as the situation warrants.

OOC:
Aid Another (Diplomacy/Intimidate)

Diplomacy: [roll0]
Intimidate: [roll1]

(If the party enters combat:)
At this, the druid growls to his wolf, pointing a knuckle toward the thief before thrusting his quarterstaff towards the man's stomach. Apparently the growl is a signal for attack, for immediately afterwards the wolf snaps towards the man's leg, attempting to tear into it to bring him to the ground.

OOC:
Free Action: Handle animal to use wolf attack
Standard Action: Quarterstaff attack

Wolf
Standard Action: Bite attack
Free Action: opposed trip attempt on successful melee

Initiative: [roll2]
Attack: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]
Handle Animal: [roll5]

Wolf Init: [roll6]
Attack: [roll7]
Damage: [roll8]
Trip: [roll9]

Inlieu
2010-11-09, 05:06 PM
Garrak looks slightly confused, having expected either cowering or a desperate attempt to fight. He stops and snarls, "What are ya talking about?"

intimidate
[roll0]

edit: hey, the wolf has as good a cha as me. What do you expect?

Gandariel
2010-11-09, 05:18 PM
i guess I can try Diplomacy too

Zaqurt tries to talk to the man Hey, you have no chance to escape anyway, come with us and answer our questions, it's only better from you... and... i think i hear the guards arriving... you'd better listen to us

Diplomacy [roll0]

Rahas
2010-11-09, 05:22 PM
The human in black robes takes a step back before drawing his dagger that appears to be dripping some unknown liquid. "Lets make this simple, winner takes all sort of deal. Guards may be coming, but I've outrun them all before its no challenge.

Initiative roll for thief [roll0]

Gandariel
2010-11-09, 05:26 PM
do i have to roll again init, atk roll and damage?

if so
Initiative [roll0]
Attack roll [roll1]
Damage roll [roll2]

you picked the other rolls..
well, in his turn Zaqurt tries to move and get in a position to flank the thief (if possible) and then strike with his Greatsword (for a miss, according to my rolls)

Inlieu
2010-11-09, 05:46 PM
Garrak growls menacingly and lashes out with his fist, clad in a spiked gauntlet, towards the thief's face.

init
[roll0]attack
[roll1]
damage
[roll2]

Does attack and damage still apply (if I hit?). I read your ooc post as just applying to initiative.

Echoes
2010-11-09, 06:14 PM
Aaron's eyes flash with anger. Don't think you can draw a knife on me without getting a few scratches of your own; I grew up with wolves. He then lets out a guttoral growl, heading towards the thief and sweeping his quarterstaff in a wide arc towards the man's midsection.

In response to the flash of the knife, the wolf perks up his ears, glancing to his druid companion and dashing in response to the perceived threat. Viciously, he snaps at the thief's legs, attempting to tear into the flesh and knock him to the ground.

OOC:

Aaron -
Move action: walk to thief
Standard action: attack
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Wolf -
Move action: walk to thief
Standard action: attack
Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]
If attack successful:
Opposed Str/Dex check (trip): [roll4]

Rahas
2010-11-09, 06:56 PM
Garrak and Aaron have both landed heavy blows against the thief, making him regret his choice of actions.

Inlieu, you generally only roll when that is the action you are going to do. Since after I gave you guys an option you took both that made it slightly confusing on which rolls to take so I just took the talking side until combat started.

The thief is still up, so still in combat order.

SensFan
2010-11-09, 07:41 PM
A fierce grin spreads over Brom's face, suddenly giving him the appearance of a much younger man. At last, the chance to work my craft. Sleep well, young lad, and may you hope whatever God you worship smiles favourably upon your theivery. Goodbye. As he speaks, he drops his pack and grabs his shortbow. Reaching into his quiver for an arrow, he grabs the first shaft he feels and lets loose an arrow at the thief.

[roll0]
If even, the arrow is Masterwork. If so, add an additional +1 to hit.
[roll1]
[roll2]

Rahas
2010-11-09, 08:00 PM
And with an arrow firmly planted into his throat the thief that once stood infront of Garrak now lies flat on the ground bleeding to death. As he falls his bag comes undone showing a few scrolls and some spare coins.

But what is strange is that there is still no indication of guards coming and no one has actually chased after this supposed thief.

Echoes
2010-11-09, 08:12 PM
Aaron blinks in surprise. Well, uh... he went down fairly easily. Maybe we have a real shot at whatever task the loremaster has for us in town. Slowly, he walks the few remaining steps to the man, cautious to make sure he really is dead.

Well, you know, I don't think he's going to need that paperwork, wherever he's going. I might as well relieve him of it to see if it is anything useful to us.If there are no sudden movements, Aaron bends down to pick up the scrolls, carefully unfurling the parchment to see if he can understand the writing on it, and reading the scrolls aloud to the party if they are mundane messages with valuable information. A bit disconcerting about the lack of guards though... I suppose the rumors of corruption are more than just rumors.

OOC:

IF the scrolls are magical then obviously I do not read them out loud, and I would need to make a spellcraft check to discern what they say. For convenience, I'm making 4 spellcraft checks below, since I don't know how many scrolls were with him but you suggested more than one. If there are less than four, use the results from top to bottom and discard the leftovers, I guess:
Spellcraft: [roll0]
Spellcraft: [roll1]
Spellcraft: [roll2]
Spellcraft: [roll3]

Rahas
2010-11-09, 08:24 PM
Aaron is able to read through one of the scrolls with ease, and deduce that two of the others are dealing with arcane energy. However the last one seems to be written in a different language.

One scroll of beastland ferocity(Divine spell)
Two scrolls of Launch Item (Arcane spell)

Whoever wants to attempt to read the last scroll roll a decipher script check.

SensFan
2010-11-09, 08:32 PM
Putting his bow back on his back, Brom picks up his sack and staff before walking towards the corpse. Magic, he mutters as Aaron recognizes the scrolls, something appearing to be bothering him. Magic? Why does that seem off? Wait... Seeming to puzzle something out, he eases his strained face, saying That's not right. Why the hell is he carrying magic and spare coins if the jewler is the one screaming about thievery? Taking only a moment to glace at the scroll Aaron didn't recgonize to see if he could understand it, Brom started to pat down the body, looking for anything else of value hidden on him.

Brom doesn't have Decipher Script, but speaks Common/Elven/Draconic/Dwarvish.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Echoes
2010-11-09, 08:46 PM
Aaron smiles as Brom glances over his shoulder at the scrolls, calling the rest of the party close by. Well, these first three appear to be magical scrolls, similar to the one given to me earlier. If none of you have any objections, I might slip the divine one in among my other belongings, since I seem to be the most likely to be able to make use of it. Aaron tucks one of the scrolls into his pack in a pocket opposite the one he placed the other scroll, not even waiting for a response. The two others are arcane though... specifically dealing with the magic to propel items forward, if I'm not mistaken. Sinthia, I know rogues sometimes pick up skill with maipulating magic items, any chance you want these two for your own? At that, he offers two of the others to her, but if she does not accept them he will place them with the first one.

This final one here though... it seems mundane, probably explaining something to do with the odd circumstances under which we encountered this man... Any of you want to take a stab at deciphering it, besides old Brom here? Recognizing now that it's likely not magical, he analyzes the writing more closely, seeing if he can decipher anything he was not able to earlier.

I believe I get another check like the others since I was looking for magical writing before rather than regular language (if not, you can ignore this). However, like Brom (and I believe everyone else in the party), I've got no ranks in Decipher, and I only speak Common/Druidic.

Int Check: [roll0]
Search Check: [roll1]

Hopefully someone gets lucky on an int roll, else we'll have to bring this to someone who put ranks in Speak Language(random).

Rahas
2010-11-09, 08:52 PM
As Brom looks over the last scroll he is able to determine that it is a hit list, written in draconic. He is able to find all of your names listed there along with various other names you do not recognize. Along the bottom of the scroll is a signature that he is able to make out to be Jim McTavish.

Inlieu
2010-11-10, 04:57 AM
Garrack kicks the body a couple of times, looking for some response. He reaches down and picks up the dagger, looking it over, cursing in Orcish.

Orcish
Hairless she-cur!

Gandariel
2010-11-10, 07:28 AM
Search check for other belongings
[roll0]

Zorg, looking around for guards or anything, says: Hmm, you know, where i'm from killing a random guy in the street is considered a crime.. i suggest going somewhere ELSE, before deciphering scripts or dividing the loot...

SensFan
2010-11-10, 09:20 AM
Brom looks at Zorg. You want to run, by all means do so. But this, he snatches the last scroll from Aaron, holding it up, this is trechery. I know these draconic runes, I'm well schooled in the ways of dragons. this is a hit list from the traitor McTavish. With our names on it.

Gandariel
2010-11-10, 09:48 AM
Brom looks at Zorg. You want to run, by all means do so. But this, he snatches the last scroll from Aaron, holding it up, this is trechery. I know these draconic runes, I'm well schooled in the ways of dragons. this is a hit list from the traitor McTavish. With our names on it.

Ok, great.
Now, whatever we're going to do now with it, this guy is dead.
dead. and we'll probably get in trouble if guards see us now. So how about we finish deciphring it and decide what to do next SOMEWHERE ELSE?

SensFan
2010-11-10, 09:51 AM
No disrespect intended, my good Sir, but where I come from, lethal force in self defense is quite acceptable when someone is attempting to kill you, especially when nonlethal means aren't available. I, for one, would love nothing more than for some guards to show up. I don't know about you, but I'm not interested in trying to stop this McTavish from killing us all by ourselves. If I'd been that foolhardy, I would hardly have lived this long.

Good lord, this guy is dim. Does he expect us to capture alive each and every person attempting to murder us?

Inlieu
2010-11-10, 10:16 AM
Garrack looks back and forth between the old man and the younger, and alternately down at the dead body. He scans up and down the street for any guards on their way.

I'm s'posed ta think the guards are gonna just be fine with me, standing here? They might be working with this guild of thiefs. Maybe standing around will work for you and the girl, but not us standing around with real weapons.

Garrack looks towards Zorg, I think we ought ta stay together if we're all on that list. Sounds like this McTarvin might be runnin' the thiefs guild.

Maybe these guys can figger out more of what's going on than I can, and seems like they're the only ones who aren't maybe foes right now.

Gandariel
2010-11-10, 11:16 AM
As Garrak said, we can't just stand here cleaning our weapons from the blood of this guy here. i know we did the right thing, but the guards probably don't know that, and will easily misunderstand the situation.

Echoes
2010-11-10, 11:34 AM
Aaron bites his lip concernedly, listening to Brom's words with mild disbelief. He... but why would Jim gather up some rank-and-file travellers and outfit them with supplies, just to hunt them down? I think we don't have the whole story here...

Though it's unclear as to whether he's actually been listening to Garrack and Zorg or is just acting on his own instinct, he ducks back into the alley next to the now-vacant room from whence the party just arrived. From the shadows he calls out, Well, you guys coming? I assume we should discuss that map a bit more and whether the true villain here is Jim or those thieves, before we try moving anywhere else. If that thief had buddies, I assume they'll miss him before long.

Rahas
2010-11-10, 12:57 PM
After you guys searched his body for a minute you find no other items of value, aside from his clothes and possibly the dagger.

Garrack, as you inspect the dagger it seems to be a normal dagger but you cannot find any mark of there ever being another substance on this blade.

Gandariel
2010-11-10, 03:42 PM
Zorg, after giving a quick look at Brom, walks towards Aaron
Of course, we need to discuss a bit more...
and this is surely NOT the right place to go

Echoes
2010-11-10, 04:20 PM
Aaron glances at Zorg confusedly. But... we have the cover of the shadow here, without being cut off from escape. If I were in the forest and I saw undergrowth close together like this, this is definitely where I would run to. Taking a moment to shake off Zorg's reaction, he begins talking about the map once more. So... We know the thieves, possibly led by Jim, are after us, and with the map we know where most of them are hiding. That guy didn't look like he had time to get off a message, which means if we did go after the thieves, we'd have the advantage of surprise. If you think we shouldn't go straight for this Jim guy, we could always thin out the ranks of what appear to be his lackeys first... What do you think?

Finished delivering his suggestion, he then turns to Zorg and says off-handedly, But what... is there some superstition about alleyways I'm not aware of or something?

Gandariel
2010-11-10, 05:39 PM
dammit, sorry...
i meant this(here next to the dead thief) is not the place to STAY
( i didn't check the message and i was in a hurry when i wrote it..)

Sorry for my bad wording...
No, i'm not aware of any alleyway-related superstition, and here is a good place to discuss what to do next.
Well, i do agree with you but... what do we know of them? where can we find them? we have absolutely nothing.
we don't know anything about them, and we have no way to find them, right now.
I propose we go to Moonreach. Whoever gave us gold would have no reason to want us dead, and maybe he'll explain something more about the situation

Inlieu
2010-11-10, 08:52 PM
Yeah, find Jim, says Garrack, then find out what's going on or kill him. If the head falls, the body follows and the thiefs won't come for us.

Garrack pushes the body a bit out way if he can, towards a wall or something, then stows the dagger in his backpack as he walks into the alley with Aaron and Zorg, giving a glance backwards to see if there are any guards raising an alarm.

Zazori
2010-11-11, 02:25 AM
A quickie,

Before Sinthia leaves the hall she grabs two daggers form her backpack and hides them on her body, one in her right boot and one on the inside of her leg.

Sinthia leaves the hall a while after everyone else, after hiding the daggers, still mad at brom for just telling the men to come.

When she comes outside the thief drops to the ground and Sinthia decides to act passive until she knows whats going on.

I'm sorry for my late post d: had some internet problems.

I usually used Sleight of hand for this. Tell me if you want something else.
Take 20 if I can.
If not rolles here.

[roll0] Boot.
[roll1] On the inside of the leg.

Sinthia slips with the others into the alley.

I'd gladly take those scrolls, Sinthia says to Aaron.

Would Sinthia know anything about those thieves? she is one herself she might have heard something in her earlier days.

If so, I guess it's know local? - tell me if it's something else.

[roll2]

Gandariel
2010-11-11, 06:45 AM
I stand to my convinction: whoever paid us must NOT want to kill us. And maybe he will also explain us something more...

Echoes
2010-11-11, 07:26 AM
If I were to ensnare a rabbit, the first thing I would do is bait the trap... But I concede. You know more about the ways of humans than I; if you say he would not entice us without being genuine, then I agree that he would be the first place to go to settle this.

Aaron, still apprehensive at heart, fumbles with his quarterstaff absent-mindedly. Biting his lip as he considers the situation carefully. ...I'll just make sure I keep those supplies I received close at hand...

SensFan
2010-11-11, 07:34 AM
Reaching down to see if his arrow is salvageable, given its worth. If it is, he wipes it clean and replaces it in his quiver; if not, he curses his bad luck. Looking up at the conversation, Brom quips up Have you lost your mind, Zorg? The man who has 'hired' us is sending hitmen after us!

Gandariel
2010-11-11, 08:24 AM
Reaching down to see if his arrow is salvageable, given its worth. If it is, he wipes it clean and replaces it in his quiver; if not, he curses his bad luck. Looking up at the conversation, Brom quips up Have you lost your mind, Zorg? The man who has 'hired' us is sending hitmen after us!

And he paid us because...?

If he wanted us dead, (for a reason i ignore), first of all he would want to take us out one by one, and not let as get together. Plus, he would just murder us in our sleep...
There's clearly something we don't know, and I want to know it.
Who knows, maybe it was just a test (and i might add, not a very nice test) for us?

SensFan
2010-11-11, 08:50 AM
You're free to do as you wish with your life. Myself, I learned long ago not to go looking for people who are sending assasings after me. I'm with Aaron. We have to go about this in a roundabout manner; nothing would be more dangerous for any of us than meeting McTavish.

Rahas
2010-11-11, 11:56 AM
ZazoriYou would know about the local thieves and you don't know about Brisful(your current location) having any. And thanks for returning, was starting to wonder what happened to ya.
Sensfan[roll0] If its a 1 you fail to salvage it, if its a 2 on the die you salavage it as a regular arrow, if its a 3 you salvage it as a masterwork arrow

After a few minutes pass with your discussion in the alleyway, you can hear an odd explosion coming from the city of moonreach. When you look over you can see what appears to be an aerial duel going on between two foes, all you are able to pinpoint are the spells that are being flung everywhere.

Echoes
2010-11-11, 01:10 PM
Aaron takes a moment to try and identify one or a few of the spells being cast, trying to see if he can place any of them or the schools they belong to in an attempt to classify the two foes.

Well, uh, seems like you'd better hurry if you want to have that conversation with him, Zorg. Unless the city has more than one spellslinger, I'd venture a guess that that's Jim up there making the pretty lights. Pausing to chuckle privately at his phrasing, he continues, That being said, if that is him, I'm decidedly even less eager to speak with the man. I'm definitely fully with Brom at this point - flying wizards are still a bit out of my league, even on a good day. I'll stick to the pickpockets and cutthroats, who seem to go down easily enough.

OOC:
Spellcraft to identify the spells being thrown. Again, use as needed:

Spellcraft:[roll0]
Spellcraft:[roll1]
Spellcraft:[roll2]
Spellcraft:[roll3]

DC is 15+spell level if I can see somatic components, and 20+spell level if I can only see the spell effects.

Gandariel
2010-11-11, 01:22 PM
You still have to explain me why on earth did he pay us, and also why should he want to kill us...

But anyway, what is your plan, instead?

SensFan
2010-11-11, 02:48 PM
"Do you not understand, man? We're dealing with a Mage who specializes in divinations! He could be watching us right now, while he's engaged in aerial warfare!"

On my phone. Will edit in color later.

Zazori
2010-11-11, 03:40 PM
Guys you don't get it, If I were to kill someone and the dude that wanted me to kill the other dude, says something like, I will make sure the target is holding enough gold, 400gold pieces, to make it worth for you to make the hit. I would do it, and I would be so much more into it if he gave me magical items or gold before I went to make the hit, really he just gave us the assassins payment, It might also bring other lesser thieves to try and kill us, to get the payment he gave us. Sinthia says with a far more serious tone that the group haven't heard before.

Rahas
2010-11-11, 03:50 PM
Aaron, you are unable to detemine the spells due to the distance between you and the caster.

Inlieu
2010-11-11, 04:21 PM
Garrack keeps watching up and down the alleyway and elsewhere for whatever activity might be going on closer to them, ignoring the somewhat distant airborne combat.

Let them come up with what to do. Killing Jim is best, but thiefs go down real easy.

He stops for a moment and frowns in displeasure towards Sinthia, "He gave you 400 gold, girl?"

Zazori
2010-11-12, 07:57 AM
No.. Why do you suddenly ask about that?

Echoes
2010-11-12, 08:06 AM
Aaron chuckles softly. I think she means combined. Looking up nervously at the fighting, he continues, Well... if this man really is a divination specialist, it's probably best for us to start moving now, while he's distracted. Brom, you still have that map? I'm thinking it's our best bet to get in the city undetected.

Gandariel
2010-11-12, 08:38 AM
If this man is a divination specialist we won't be able to hide from him, wherever we go and whatever we do.
We should go to Moonreach and get some more information

Inlieu
2010-11-12, 01:06 PM
Garrack nods quietly towards Aaron, "Oh". He looks out into the marketplace, Not sure how she'd know we have 400 golds combined. We're still kinda close ta that body. Should really start movin'.

He tries to see if the body is still where they left it from his position in the alley, and then turns and nods at Zorg. The map is of Moonreach, right? So if we're trying ta get ta anywhere on the map we need ta go there.

Echoes
2010-11-12, 02:09 PM
Aaron turns to Garrack, and nods in acknowledgement. Waiting for the barbarian to turn his head in a sweep of the marketplace once more, Aaron speaks suddenly, saying, You know, you're perfectly right. C'mon, while Brom fumbles to get that map out from whatever hole he stuffed it into when that thief stumbled into us, we can at least start moving away from the scene of the crime, so to speak.

At that, Aaron starts walking briskly down the alley, reaching the adjacent street on the far side before turning his head back to see if his companions move to follow. If they do, he will keep walking toward the city proper.

Gandariel
2010-11-12, 02:33 PM
Zaqurt whispers
As i said in the first place.
Great
and then says: Great, let's move on. we can easily get to Moonreach without the map, we'll need it only to get... wherever we want to get.

Oh, and by the way.. didn't the man say us there were 2 magic shops in Moonreach... and did we casually see 2 magic users fighting in Moonreach?

Rahas
2010-11-12, 02:38 PM
Inlieu As you check on the body it is indeed still where you left it, people are passing by it giving it a casual glance but no one is really investigating it. It seems that everyone is fine with him dead.

EchoesAs you look out the other side of the alley you can see the backs of two figures that are wearing the same clothing as the person you killed earlier. They seem to be waiting on someone to return.

Echoes
2010-11-12, 03:03 PM
Aaron stops on his heels, apparently noticing something on the other side of the street. Turning back to his companions, he says in a decidedly more quiet voice, Uh guys, remember when I said that guy probably had friends who wouldn't miss him before long? I think I just found his two friends waiting for him, backs turned to us on the other side of the street.

Zazori
2010-11-12, 03:14 PM
Sinthia tries to spot them, Does anyone have any ranged weapons?, we could take them out while they don't watch.

Zazori
2010-11-12, 03:16 PM
[roll0] Spot to see the two guys that Aaron spoke of.

Echoes
2010-11-12, 03:30 PM
Well, we've got Brom's bow and my sling, but I doubt that's enough firepower to down both of them before they have a chance to react... Honestly, I was kinda hoping you'd know a thing or two about how to place a dagger firmly in their back, seems like the kind of knowledge that'd be valuable for one of your upbringing.

Rahas
2010-11-12, 03:36 PM
Zazori At first you stare intently at a shadow of one of them thinking it was real, after a second attempt to find them you are able to see a brief outline of where they are, but not enough to guarentee a hit if you used a ranged weapon upon them from where you stand right now.

SensFan
2010-11-12, 03:48 PM
Brom had been looking at the map from his pouch, but at Aaron's words he looks up. Dropping the map on the ground, he whispers I'll distract them. Use the chaos to your advantage.

Dropping his sack, Brom stuffs the hitlist into his pouch and dodges out of sight, his eyes on the spot Aaron pointed to. Once he's 30 to 40 feet away from the party, he drops to one knee behind some sort of cover and draws his bow. Assuming he sees the two figures, he lets loose the recovered arrow at one of them.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Rahas
2010-11-12, 04:24 PM
Upon being hit with an arrow you can all hear one of them exclaim. "Well that explains whats taking the last guy so long, I would guess he failed. Now its our turn to head over there, you take the marketplace I'll cover the alley here so they can't escape."

Brom you see the one that you hit draw a dagger and start moving towards the alley, it doesn't look like he is capable of seeing you.

Inlieu
2010-11-12, 04:36 PM
Garrack starts striding confidently down the alley in the direction Aaron had started, one hand going to his throwing axe. He chuckles, a deep grumbling coming from low in his throat, Escape? Seems no one cares if these fools die.

Gandariel
2010-11-12, 05:02 PM
Hey, you're forgetting about me!
I have power over my inner energy which lets me throw out bolts of pure energy to any foe!
Spot check to see them:
1d20+3

OOC: Spiritbolt feature of my charachter: pay 3 hp, deal 1d8+Cha with a ranged touch attack, 1 bolt/class level
(the ability improves over the levels)

Gandariel
2010-11-12, 05:05 PM
re-try spot check
[roll0]

Inlieu
2010-11-12, 05:32 PM
Incidentally, Garrack is going forward even if he doesn't spot them, on the idea that he will when they get close enough.

Spot:
[roll0]

Echoes
2010-11-12, 05:44 PM
Aaron, gripping his quarterstaff tightly, begins walking toward the advancing thief, his wolf close at his heels. Well, this is a fine plan... a whole ten seconds went into it. We spent more time arguing about the body!

If he or his wolf are able to reach the thief in their regular movement, they will attack as able. Otherwise, Aaron will brace himself for the approaching thief, and the wolf will sprint ahead to meet the attacker.

OOC:

Aaron: Move 30 feet forward. If in range to attack then standard attack. Otherwise, total defense action for a +4 bonus to AC for 1 round.

Init:[roll0]
Attack:[roll1]
Damage:[roll2]

Wolf: Move 30 feet forward. If in range to attack then standard attack. Otherwise, double move action to reach thief.

Init:[roll3]
Attack:[roll4]
Damage:[roll5]

If the attack succeeds, the wolf is entitled to the opposed portion of a trip attempt as a free action without provoking a counter:

Trip:[roll6]

Inlieu
2010-11-12, 05:54 PM
If I do see a thief and he's close enough, I'm throwing my throwing axe.

init
[roll0]
attack
[roll1]
damage
[roll2]

Gandariel
2010-11-13, 01:51 AM
on his turn, Zorg
1) moves to have a line of sight of the thieves
2) casts a Spiritbolt (to the nearest thief)

Initiative [roll0]
Attack roll: (treat it as a ranged touch attack) [roll1]
Damage roll [roll2]

Zorg moves and, calling forth his inner spirit casts a bolt of nigh-invisible power, which fastly goes towards the thieves

Zazori
2010-11-13, 02:08 PM
Sinthia finds a good hiding spot, where the thieves are likely to come close by and hides.
She also draws her Rapier and readies to attack.

Going to attack when an chance to sneak attack occurs.

[roll0] Initiative.
[roll1] hide.

[roll2] Attack.
[roll3] Damage.
[roll4] Sneak attack damage.

SensFan
2010-11-13, 02:15 PM
Good to see my archery training is being put to good use. Brom grabs another masterwork arrow, and lets it fly at the one that everyone else isn't attacking. May as well spread the fun around, eh?

[roll0]
[roll1] (add 1 if he's within 30 feet)
[roll2]
[roll3] (minus any penalties for hiding while shooting)

Rahas
2010-11-15, 01:45 PM
Init order1. Sinthia
2. Garrack
3. Brom
4. Aaron + wolf
5. Enemies
6. Zorg

Sorry again about the lack of map, maptools failed me/ still learning it

The combat begins with Sinthia readying an action versus any incoming enemy. Garrack readys an action to throw his axe. Brom takes a shot at the thief that he can see and nails him in his arm. Aaron total defense's while moving 30 ft closer to the theif, while his animal companion manages to run up and rip his arm off causing him to fall over dead. And Zorg seems to get no targets to kill.

Okay you do know there is still at least one more coming for you, what is your current plan.

Gandariel
2010-11-15, 02:16 PM
Oh, i thought (after moving) i had a line of sight on them... how far do i have to move to see them?

Rahas
2010-11-15, 03:45 PM
Well the one that you would have been able to see, was killed by the wolf due to the critical bite. The other thief moved further into the marketplace away from your current location.

Gandariel
2010-11-15, 05:13 PM
ok, so i didn't shoot my spiritbolt and i just moved.
On my next turn i move in order to have a line of sight of the remaining thief (if possible)
and then throw a spiritbolt
ranged touch attack [roll0]
damage[roll1]
if it's not possible i only move and stay hidden
Hide check [roll2]

Rahas
2010-11-15, 05:27 PM
Moving to gain los of the other thief would require you moving almost out of the alley way and shooting into a crowd of people, I want to verify that you do that.

Zazori
2010-11-15, 05:29 PM
Sinthia still awaits to attack the first enemy who comes in range.

Echoes
2010-11-15, 06:37 PM
Aaron blinks in surprise as the wolf tears into the first bandit.I suppose he got what was coming to him...

At this, he drops his staff to the ground, and takes out his loaded sling. He begins glancing warily across both sides of the ally, prepared to unleash a bullet at the first enemy entering the alleyway. The wolf, in response, lopes back close to his companion's side, likewise ready to tear into a bandit who steps too close.

OOC:

Aaron:
Free action to drop weapon, Move action to draw loaded sling, Standard action to ready an attack against the first bandit entering the alley.

Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Wolf:
Move action to walk to Aaron's side, Standard action to ready an attack against the first bandit to walk into a square the wolf threatens.

Attack:[roll2]
Damage:[roll3]

Inlieu
2010-11-15, 07:50 PM
Garrack keeps striding to where the other thief seems to be. If he sees the other thief moving away, he'll start chasing. Otherwise, he'll call out loudly, "Winner take all, you thugs seem ta like that!"

Still planning on throwing the axe if I see a live thief who's close enough.

Gandariel
2010-11-16, 07:36 AM
ooh, i didn't realize there was a crowd of people... Ok, then, Zaqurt readies his Greatswords and hides in the alley

So move action: find a spot to hide and hide there
Standard action: ready an attack to the thief if he comes close enough
Attack roll [roll0]
Damage roll [roll1]

SensFan
2010-11-19, 10:21 AM
Brom's momentary happiness at seeing one of the robed figures dropping vanishes a moment later as he sees the other one turn tail. Bloody coward, he mutters to himself, I work best picking off people, not chasing them. This isn't the time for that, though. We're all damned to death or worse if he gets away and reports to an accompice or superior. Quickly putting his bow back over his shoulder, Brom takes off after the running thief, no longer using his staff as a walking stick, but grasping it by the middle with both hands.

Mechanics
Brom puts away his bow, 'draws' his Quarterstaff as a weapon, and moves 30 feet towards the fleeing figure.

Rahas
2010-11-19, 01:07 PM
Brom you make it about 15 feet towards the market place before you run head first in to a wall of force stopping you from moving on. You see on the other side of the wall a group of 5 people that seem to all be starring at you, they all look like the same person and they are all doing the same moves. There is also no sign of the other thief that you saw earlier.

Inlieu
2010-11-20, 08:42 AM
Garrack chases after Brom, Don't that old man have the map? Better ta keep him from killin' himself. On seeing Brom get stopped, he puts his shoulder down as he rushes forward, trying to barrel through the wall.

Strength check?
[roll0]

Zazori
2010-11-20, 04:43 PM
Seeing the other 2 running after the thief, Sinthia puts her rapier away and draws her crossbow, and then runs up to the end of the alley so that she can see whats happening with the 2 others.

Echoes
2010-11-20, 05:49 PM
Aaron watches his companions become blocked by the wall of force. Noticing that they seem occupied in studying the enchantment, and not wanting them to be taken by surprise, he stands close to the center of the alley, his back to one wall as he occasionally looks down both ends for any sign of other thieves. Petting his wolf, he lets out a soft sigh and mumbles, Well, so much for the element of surprise...

Gandariel
2010-11-21, 05:01 AM
Zorg is surprised seeing his companions being blocked by something invisible, and then goes next to Aaron, Wise decision, Close enough to help, far enough to look for dangers. He's a smart guy

Rahas
2010-11-21, 05:10 AM
InlieuTry as you might you cannot force even your fingertip through the invisible wall.

Everyone who is looking in the direction of the marketplace(which is past the invisible wall) can see one of the stands catch fire causing everyone to scatter in random direction. Some of the people are running towards you obviously in fear due to the fire that is slowly consuming the marketplace.

Gandariel
2010-11-21, 04:52 PM
is anyone passing through the invisible wall?( i.e. are we the only ones hindered by the wall of force?)

is anyone noticing either of us, the wall, or the 5-in-1 guy who blocked us?

SensFan
2010-11-21, 04:54 PM
Brom takes a moment to asses the area, looking for any alternate routes to the marketplace.

[roll0]

Rahas
2010-11-21, 05:42 PM
As people run through the wall they vanish from visible existence, it appears that they either don't know what is happening or just aren't questioning things. It does not look like they notice any of you while they are running.

The closest way to get to the marketplace is to go back through the alleyway and investigate it from there.

Inlieu
2010-11-22, 09:01 AM
This looks like a trap, thinks Garrack, drive them with fire ta someplace they can't get out of. He looks towards the perimeter of the marketplace if he can to see if there are guards or soldiers standing or waiting. He says grimly to Brom, This don't smell good.

spot check
[roll0]

Gandariel
2010-11-22, 09:38 AM
darn... now what can we do? we let one of the thieves escape, there's a wall of force in our way and a building is on fire.

Then Zorg says to the others
Fellows, it's not safe here. not anymore.
one of the thieves escaped, if we stay here he'll surely come back. with friends.
I suggest we make good use of this distraction and go away... we need to go to Moonreach...
Other ideas?

Gandariel
2010-11-24, 03:52 PM
hm... guys?

Echoes
2010-11-24, 04:42 PM
Aaron, still oblivous to the fire from his position in the middle of the alley, continues petting his wolf, knees bent in a half-squatting position. Scratching the animal one more time behind the ears, he stands up and calls out to his companions. Hey guys, you know, we could always just go around the wall. The other side of the alley still looks clear.

Zazori
2010-11-25, 06:40 AM
Sinthia nods at Aarons words, and moves back to the alley to move straight through it and on to the other side.

When there spots for a way to get back to the other side of the marketplace.

[roll0]

Rahas
2010-11-26, 01:08 AM
Zazori As you get to the other side of the alley you see various people fighting with what appear to be more thieves.

Gandariel
2010-11-26, 01:50 PM
mmph, ok then. leeet's go and get killed!
well, anyway by myself i have no chance at all, i'd better go with the others

Zorg follows the others

Inlieu
2010-11-29, 12:05 AM
Garrack turns and looks at the druid, and nods, Yeah, I guess we can get ta Moonreach without goin' through all this. He starts in the direction of Aaron, waiting a bit to see if Brom is coming.

Gandariel
2010-12-03, 01:25 AM
Zorg looks at the others, who are apparently just standing there and staring the nothing... Oh fellows? are we gonna go or what?

Inlieu
2010-12-04, 04:02 PM
Frowns and heads in the direction of Moonreach, wielding his axe to be ready for any attackers. He says to the others, "I'm goin'. If ya follow me, I'll keep ya safe as I can."

Gandariel
2010-12-05, 03:43 PM
Good, let's go. This place is getting dangerous.. and.. invisible walls?? nonono, let's get away.

Echoes
2010-12-05, 09:23 PM
Aaron shuffles past the two talking warriors, his wolf trotting closely at his side. Yeah, just like city-dwellers... So convinced they're ready to go, yet they still spend the entire time just talking to each other and not actually moving. Once he reaches the end of the alley, he turns in the direction of Moonreach and begins walking away, not even looking back to see if his companions will move to follow.

Gandariel
2010-12-06, 05:14 PM
Great, at least someone here takes initiative..
Well, let's go... i was kinda hoping everyone would follow, but hey.
Moonreach, here we come..
Zorg picks up the money left from the dead thief (hey, no one called dibs on that) and follows to Moonreach..

is the aerial fight over? have we seen a big BOOM?

Gandariel
2010-12-18, 11:36 AM
Well, i'll DM the ending:

As you decide what to do, an enormous meteor crushes the whole world. you're all dead.