PDA

View Full Version : Complete Champion Wiz Variant

Cowboy_ninja
2010-11-06, 06:52 PM
in teh complete champion, the "domain granted power" variant for the wizard.

do the wizard levels now count as cleric levels for domain powers like the strength domain that rely on cleric lvl?

Keld Denar
2010-11-06, 07:13 PM
Nothing says they do. You could house rule it that way, or just make sure you pick domains with non-cleric level based abilities. The Inquisition domain is really good here.

aboyd
2010-11-06, 07:17 PM
Since it says the wizard can use the domain "as a cleric does" I would rule that yes, it's using your wizard levels. You still have all the limitations (you don't get access to the spells, and so on), but the power seems to be clearly yours to use now.

gallagher
2010-11-06, 07:30 PM
Nothing says they do. You could house rule it that way, or just make sure you pick domains with non-cleric level based abilities. The Inquisition domain is really good here.

see, since you are getting a domain power, i would probably here do a devotion. in this case, either law or chaos devotion are fun, as is knowledge (but you are want for those skill points, even though you are high INT, you have other things that are important)

i would go with air or trickery devotion, just for kicks. now you dont have to prepare either wind wall and blink, or one of those spells that create a helper (doesnt matter which)