PDA

View Full Version : Let's Write?

Raistlin1040
2010-11-06, 08:32 PM
So, being an dweller of this forum and a fairly frequent accountless reader on SA, I have come across a great many Let's Plays in my time. Recently, I even finished my own Pokemon LP. The magnificent Lord Seth has recently completed a Let's Read of Twilight, and I've seen a few other Let's Reads around the internet. These two mediums together gave me an idea for a project. A project so massive, so epic, so mindblowingly righteous, that it must be shared with everything ever.

The Let's Write.

Now, due to NaNoWriMo, school, and my hellish schedule, this project will not begin until January at the earliest. However, I have a rough outline of a novel idea that I am not currently using in my head, but I don't know many of the details. Will it be steampunk or cyberpunk? What will the end be like? How will the main character get from point A to point B? There are a lot of questions that I have while writing, and stopping to think about them for hours rarely works out well. I also am a very private writer, preferring to keep my work to myself until absolutely finished. I think I would benefit from posting things in installments that could be read, commented upon, and have things suggested.

However, I would like the forum's opinion on this idea.

Would you be interested in reading/commenting/making suggestions?
Would you prefer "votes" to be in the form of pick one option out of four (or five, or whatever), or write in style?
Should I, as the author, have executive veto power over an idea, if the write in style is used?
Is there anything else you'd like to add/suggest/insinuate about my mental state?

Moff Chumley
2010-11-06, 08:37 PM
I'll cast a vote for cyberpunk. Charles Stross, Accelerando style cyberpunk. :smallbiggrin:

Snares
2010-11-06, 08:48 PM
Would you be interested in reading/commenting/making suggestions?

Yes.

Would you prefer "votes" to be in the form of pick one option out of four (or five, or whatever), or write in style?

I think the 'pick one option from several' would give you a bit more control over it. Although you'd have to think the options up. Though if you haven't got any problem with doing that, then I think it'd be a bit easier for you than having to just write in a style that people have commanded.

Should I, as the author, have executive veto power over an idea, if the write in style is used?

Of course! You are the author, after all.

Is there anything else you'd like to add/suggest/insinuate about my mental state?

Yup. Your mental state is AWESOME. Keep it up, young fellermelad.

Raistlin1040
2010-11-07, 01:18 AM
Well, with the provision that I will be writing a srs novel, I would have veto power over stuff like "And then suddenly the horde of half-gerbil zombie ninjas attack!", which would mean that write in votes would have to be fairly logical things. Plus thinking options up is not generally my strong suit, otherwise I wouldn't be in the situation where I have no idea what to do next.