PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXXIII: Where we (sometimes) don't spit in customer's cups

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Maxios
2010-11-06, 09:30 PM
CENTER]http://home.centurytel.net/jeffsjunk/TrogTavernAnimated.gif[/center]

*Upon entering the tavern you find it to be rustic, dim, cramped, and smelling of spilled beer. Moving through the crowd, half of which seem to be deadtiming, you spot a fireplace with a banjowood carving on the mantle, you also make out through the haze the curving bar and private booths hidden behind ferns. A side door leading to a patio outside reveals a hungry looking dumpster mimic sneaking towards an unsuspecting customer.

Trog's is a single location that exists simultaneously in the cities of Town and Inside. Somehow. It's best not to question it.

Staff:
Owner and Proprietor: Trog Magtok Trog
Manager: El Jaspero Elizabeth Ml'Ruse El Jaspero
Bartenders: Memzee, Phoebe, Ashna

Trog's Tavern hires only the finest NPC servers:
((Since all are NPCs they are up for communal control. Feel free to say what they do or say to you or any other patron. To a point.))

Bouncer: Baby (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8627338#post8627338) (NPC, a dwarf who was raised by orcs and has the intellect of Thog.)

Servers:
Nina - A fiesty and vivacious tiefling. Mean, self-centered and completely unavailable. You may have seen her recently on the WotC 4E cartoon.
Paige - A sweet, wholesome, flirty elf working her way through PC school.
Cosmo - A quick-witted and oppressed gnome scoundrel. Truly a monster. RAWR!

The science of simultaneously:
Trog's somehow simultaneously exists in both Inside and Town! The Nexus scholars and mages have tried to figure out the secret of how this works, but with no avail. The common theory is that Trog's is located in a pocket dimension, and any entrance into Trog's is a portal. When exits Trog's, they go back into the city where they came. The portal likely remembers where they come from.

DRINK MENU:
Wines:
Catoblepas Sauvingnon
Chimera Cabernet - A hearty red with a hits of oak and black cherry.
Chuul Lounge - Bacardi Limon, Aberration , creme de bananes and juices into a Chuul shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well. Strain into a highball glass half-filled with ice cubes, and serve.
Constitution Crushing Wine - Fort. DC 35 or pass out!
Cormyrian Fireamber - Imported and very good.
Eladrin Carbernet - Official Feywine of the Wild Hunt
Feline's Fancy - A purplish, swirly mixture that any feline will adore.
Funky Llama - A rich fruity wine, available in white or red.
Iames Agonia - This tart, dark red wine will stun you and leave you feeling good for hours.
Kobold Chianti - Tart. Tangy. Shifty.
Merfolk Merlot - Full-bodied with a hint of rose.
Powerlust Pinot - For those corruptable humans
Shadar-Kai Shadowine - Served in a jagged, broken glass
Spoonake Chablis - Straight from the Underdark!
Warlock Wine - Best served cold
Xorn Zinfandel - Sweet and fruity!

Mixed Drinks:
Aboleth Absinthe - Far Realmilicious!
Black Shadow - A strong concoction guaranteed to send a chill down your spine at any temperature.
Coffee Martini - Buzzzzz.
Djinn and Tonic - Whirling ice cubes, fizzy soda, and one drunk genie.
Dragon Liver Buster - Strongest drink in the house
Dwarf Spirits
Fire Archon Asylum Rum - "FAAR!!!"
Haley's Liquer - Named for the redheaded rogue, a sweet creme liquer, excellent over ice.
Hemo Colada - 100% less coconut, 100% more ichor
Ice Liquer - From the Plane of Ice: guaranteed to cool you down.
Ichor Liquor - Made from a fermented mix of various kinds of blood
Jasphattan - El J's Secret Recipie, vermouth & bitters
LEVEL UP LIQUER - Need a few extra XP? We gots XP in a bottle!
Long Island Iced Tea - Tastes better than it will make you feel in the morning
Murderita - Wasted away again...
Piña CoLlama - If you're not into yoga and have half a brain.
Rampaging Rail Mixer - Mad strong!
Rust Monster - Scotch, drambuie shaken in a wooden mixer.
Sneak on the Beach - Peach vodka, cran-pineapple juice, a cat hair
Swampwater - Phosphorescent lemon-lime
White Russian Wukei - for bounty hunters who dig dairy
Wizard Blizzard - Crushed ice and Bourbon. The effect depends on the spell stored in it.

Beers & Such:
Ales: Archon, Guilders, Balthor's Best
Grim Brewery Ginger Beer - Death-o-licious!
Mind Flayer Mead - Mmm... brains.

Other Fine Beverages:
Celestial Soda Pop - Soda specially brewed in Celestia. Tastes divine.
Darknight Coffee - cream has no effect
Dragon's Fire Breath (cherry Kool-Aid) - for the kids!
Fox Cola - the choice of the furry generation
Llamonade - That cool, refreshing drink for quadrupeds
Oni Tea - From the far east.
Red Minotaur Energy Drink - a-MAZE-ing energy!
Root Beer
Save vs. Slow Slurpees™ - C-c-c-cold
Hot Chocolate - Mmmmmmarshmallows

MUNCHIES MENU:
AbyssalNuts - damned and spicy
Baked Goods - Scones and Muffins and Brownies oh my! We have no cake - the cake is a lie!
Bamhacon - where the ham meets the bacon. Served with eggs.
Court of Stars Salad - Fresh fey greens
Hero Sandwiches - what else? Served with Villain vinegrette
Velvet Elfish - Trogtilla chips and hot meat and cheese dip
Yuan-ti Gyros - Lamb. Or halfling. We're not sure.
Trog's Floor Chili - Don't ask Trog where it came from and Trog won't tell you "the floor"

SMOKABLES:
Dwarven Cigars - From our axe-hewn humidor
Coffin Nail™ Cigarettes - Get Nailed!
Halfling Pipeweed - Bogart™ brand

Shadowcaller
2010-11-06, 09:47 PM
"What am I doing here? Well, it'ss...complicated. I originally came here ass a misstake, now I've found mysself going back and forth a bit in order to...well...it'ss complicated." He chuckles, "Ssorry, that musst ssound quite confussing. If you sstep outsside for a moment, I can explain it better." He heads out the door and shifts to dragon form...

Wonder how she'll react to that, eh?

"I was just going to ask if they could hire me..." Ambrosia replies "We need to talk outside... why?" She says as she follows him outside, preferring to stay inside the tavern, she does not go too far from the door before she stops, looking at Damon doubtfully.

Gnrlshrimp
2010-11-06, 09:52 PM
Now a dragon, Damon lowers his head and snorts at Ambrosia, grinning. "Hi, I'm a dragon now." He chuckles and stretches his wings, "What do you think?"

happyturtle
2010-11-06, 10:10 PM
((Maxios, you need to edit the title of the first post to have [Nexus] at the start. :smallsmile:))

Xifra, who lives in an always-on bubble that makes her very difficult to notice, swipes another bottle of wine.

Maxios
2010-11-06, 10:18 PM
((OK. Thanks for telling me :smallbiggrin:))

Reinholdt
2010-11-06, 10:18 PM
Meanwhile, Darcy and Ilpholin come in and grab a table. Darcy orders a big basket of home fries and pours some of her special whiskey for both of them, not having noticed yet that Ilpholin doesn't eat food she didn't prepare.

Well she'll eat restaurant food, if she came in by herself, unexpected. And not at the Black Dragon Inn. And she'd watch the waiter very carefully.

But not on an invite.
"Not usually big on the tavern scene."

happyturtle
2010-11-06, 10:21 PM
"It's fun. I met Zanny at a tavern. Course it'd be more fun if there were some music, but I don't see any of the regular bards about." Darcy says, omnomnoming the home fries and making her player jealous. :smallfrown:

Moff Chumley
2010-11-06, 10:23 PM
Chumley is still here. She eyeballs Darcy's fries.

happyturtle
2010-11-06, 10:24 PM
Darcy waves at Chumley. "Hi! New here?"

Reinholdt
2010-11-06, 10:31 PM
"It's fun. I met Zanny at a tavern. Course it'd be more fun if there were some music, but I don't see any of the regular bards about." Darcy says, omnomnoming the home fries and making her player jealous. :smallfrown:

"I suppose." Ilpholin's musical tastes are specialized! And not really heard in taverns.

She looks over at Chumley, giving a curt nod.

Moff Chumley
2010-11-06, 10:34 PM
"Essentially. Haven't found much to do... M'name's Chumley, I guess. If you're, ya know, interested in knowing." Chumley is still glaring at the fries... she looks quite tired.

happyturtle
2010-11-06, 10:38 PM
Darcy scoots over in the booth to make room. "Help yourself. I'm Darcy, and this is Ilpholin." She pours Chumley a shot of the finest whiskey in the multiverse.

Moff Chumley
2010-11-06, 10:45 PM
Chumley is visibly grateful. :smallsmile: "Thanks, Darcy." *omnomnomnom*

"So, you two seem like-" *cough* "rather well adjusted and content individuals. What do you spend your time doing, if you don't mind my asking?"

Reinholdt
2010-11-06, 10:45 PM
"It's true."
Cause... you know... it's her name and stuff.
She'll just pretend she was referring to the experienced and content statement as well.

What's Chumley look like again?

Moff Chumley
2010-11-06, 10:47 PM
Like that (http://img112.imageshack.us/f/5297ag8.jpg/).

happyturtle
2010-11-06, 10:52 PM
"Watching tv, hanging out with a bunch of endearing sociopaths, having encounters with lust demons, going to taverns." Darcy says. She orders some bamhacon and cheese sub sandwiches to go with the home fries. "Aren't you hungry, Ilphy?"

Reinholdt
2010-11-06, 10:55 PM
Ilpholin shakes her head. "Nope."
*poke poke at her food*

She turns to Chumley. "And you?"

Moff Chumley
2010-11-06, 11:03 PM
Chumley is omnomnoming Darcy's food as fast as she can. "Er, du' do 'uch afide fro'-" *swallow* "Aside from lurking around taverns. Tried getting used to GLoG, but that's not really my scene." :smallyuk:

happyturtle
2010-11-06, 11:22 PM
"And so you're floating around kind of lost and hoping you don't fall into perma-deadtime can find a place for yourself?" Darcy asks.

Reinholdt
2010-11-06, 11:25 PM
"Guess you need to figure out what your goals are." Everyone has goals. Even if they don't actively pursue them much.

Moff Chumley
2010-11-06, 11:25 PM
Chumley glares for a moment, and slams back the shot of whiskey. "Got it in one." She ponders.

"Hmm... goals goals goals goals goals. Well, up 'till recently, my goal was 'not getting eaten', and I kinda succeeded at that one. She pauses for a moment. "Not that I've given up on that one, I'm still actively pursuing it. But it's taking less of my attention these days." She shakes her head. "I guess... screw it, dunno. Party hard, don't die. Let's go with that."

happyturtle
2010-11-06, 11:32 PM
"Excellent goal!" Darcy says with a big grin. "To fun!"

Reinholdt
2010-11-06, 11:33 PM
Ilpholin shakes her head a bit.
"Then you've reached the end of your goal really. Nothing beyond this." So don't expect any deep fulfillment is what Ilpholin is implying. You're stuck in this tavern drinking for a very long time.

She smiles.

Moff Chumley
2010-11-06, 11:38 PM
Chumley's down with the drinking. She sighs. "You know, there wasn't much booze where I'm from. Beer, sometimes. But not the good kind." She pauses. "The bad kind." She raises her mug in toast. "
"'s nice having a goal that I've already met." :smallbiggrin:

happyturtle
2010-11-07, 12:11 AM
"Indeed," Darcy says, trying to put an arm around Chumley's shoulders and give her a squeeze. Because the girl needs a hug.

Not because of any leftover lust demon taint. Nope, not at all. >.>

Reinholdt
2010-11-07, 12:13 AM
Ilpholin shrugs and toasts.
Without drinking of course. That'd be silly.

"Congratulations on achieving your life's goals." :smallsmile:

Moff Chumley
2010-11-07, 12:14 AM
She needs therapy. As does, er, everyone else present. :smalltongue: "Nice to meet nice people." Hmm. "Not that Chris wasn't nice, he was nice. But..." She trails off, stares at a wall. "So, I'm aware of GLoG, didn't dig that. You two affiliated with an orginization of some type?"

happyturtle
2010-11-07, 12:19 AM
"Oh, we're the bad girls. Members of AMEN." :smallsmile: "But don't worry, we're evil light at most." Darcy says. She's starting to get a little tipsy. Mmm.... whiskey!

Moff Chumley
2010-11-07, 12:20 AM
"Eh, if it's not trying to turn me into a zombie, I'm cool wit' it." Chumley taps her shot glass, pointedly but not necessarily impolitely. :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2010-11-07, 12:23 AM
:smallyuk: "Ewww... no way. Rot's the only undead I can even stand to be around, and that's only because he's like an adorable bloodthirsty puppy. That spends most of its time on fire." Darcy says.

Moff Chumley
2010-11-07, 12:27 AM
"Vampires I'm okay with. You know where you stand with vampires." Awkward pause. "Well, you know where you stand with zombies, too, but I don't LIKE where I stand with zombies. 's what crowbars are for." Another pause, this one shorter. "That and breaking into cars..."

Reinholdt
2010-11-07, 12:36 AM
"Well that and Rot can't tell the difference between a hobo and an orphan."
He's about as much of a threat as a barstool.

happyturtle
2010-11-07, 12:41 AM
"There's also Watchtower. I sort of consider myself on reserve duty for them, ready to be mobilized in the event of massive threats." Darcy says. "It's a real downer hanging out there though. Everyone there is grumpy. Like ALL the time."

Moff Chumley
2010-11-07, 01:09 AM
"Ew. Don't want the grumpy." One of Chumley's by now par-for-the-course awkward pauses. "So... er... does one have to be, ya know, evil, to be in AMEN?" :smallconfused:

Reinholdt
2010-11-07, 01:11 AM
"It helps with the less savory things." Like bug torture.

"But it's an endless party. You'd probably fit right in." Hmm... maybe that was part of the issue Ilpholin had? Hard to tell.

((deadtime))

happyturtle
2010-11-07, 01:11 AM
"S'not really a requirement to join, but most people who aren't evil have a hard time coping with the constant brutality and sadism." Darcy says.

Moff Chumley
2010-11-07, 01:15 AM
"Oh." Chumley stares at her empty shot glass, and then at Darcy. And then at her glass. And then Darcy. "Not really my scene then."

happyturtle
2010-11-07, 01:18 AM
"You can always stay here. It's a fun place, and you'll see most everyone interesting in the Nexus eventually." Darcy says.

Moff Chumley
2010-11-07, 01:21 AM
Chumley's shot glass is now being swirled around longingly. She's focussing her attention on Darcy's whiskey by now. "Sounds fun, I guess. Can always drop by AMEN at some point, though, can't I?"

happyturtle
2010-11-07, 01:32 AM
Darcy sets the bottle on the table for refills. "Course you can," she says, and waves Cosmo over. "Cosmo, put Chumley's room and board on AMEN's tab."

"AMEN doesn't have a tab," says the grumpy gnome.

Darcy grins wickedly. "Course AMEN has a tab. Cause if we have a tab here, that means we'll feel protective towards the place."

"We have a Fix Everything button," Cosmo says stubbornly.

"... and its staff." She spins a knife that is suddenly in her hand.

Cosmo glares at her for a moment, wondering whether to call her bluff. Then he rolls his eyes. "Eh, what do I care, it's Trog's money. Fine fine, I'll set up an AMEN tab."

Moff Chumley
2010-11-07, 01:36 AM
Chumley nods appreciatively. "Handy."

Somehow, Chumley's collection of jerry-rigged weapons and blunt objects is transferred from GLoG to a back room of Trog's! =O

Kyrian
2010-11-07, 07:28 AM
Marcie, whenever she catches Drew smiling at her, blushes and ducks her head.

And noms on muffins!

These are good! I could eat these for every meal, or just all the time and never stop...

happyturtle
2010-11-07, 07:29 AM
Xifra is still around, sitting by the fireplace in her own little always-on psychic aura that makes it very difficult to notice her.

Shadowcaller
2010-11-07, 07:52 AM
Now a dragon, Damon lowers his head and snorts at Ambrosia, grinning. "Hi, I'm a dragon now." He chuckles and stretches his wings, "What do you think?"

Ambrosia looks dumbfounded for a moment and then crosses her arms over her chest and asks "Thats neat, how did it happen?"

Gnrlshrimp
2010-11-07, 07:59 AM
"I...can't really say. I was just...lucky, really." He peers closely at her, trying to nudge her gently as if to prove he's real, "What's the matter? You always seemed so excited about dragons. Do you...not approve of me becoming one, or something?"

Shadowcaller
2010-11-07, 08:12 AM
"Of course I'm excited, your alive and suddenly your a dragon? Thats pretty amazing." Ambrosia replies with a smile, patting Damon on his claw. "And why would I be disappointed? I just never imagined you becoming one I suppose, it doesn't fit with what I remember of you."

Gnrlshrimp
2010-11-07, 08:21 AM
"Well...a lot has changed. I'm still the same me, though, just a dragon as well." Damon shifts back to dragonborn form and smiles at Ambrosia, "You're looking very well. How have you been? How come you're here of all places?"

Shadowcaller
2010-11-07, 09:25 AM
"A lot of have changed as you said, and I need a job, I have a family to support you know?" Ambrosia replies "My old inn kind of destroyed by demons and there aren't much in the way of that where I currently live so I decide to come here to search for a job."

Gnrlshrimp
2010-11-07, 09:32 AM
"Oh? No, I wasn't aware of that actually. Are you sure this tavern is the best place to work though? I mean...it does get rather...well...dangerous in there at times. Seems to attract the sorts who cause tavern brawls, and weird stuff just...happens there." Damon has a rather concerned expression on his face, "Are you sure it wouldn't be better to build a new inn back home? I'd be happy to help..."

Shadowcaller
2010-11-07, 09:42 AM
"Eh, there aren't enough customers there to make a profit, would cost more to build a inn then I would earn from it. This is the closest place I could find, and it looks like it have a lot of customers. Do you think they need an extra hand? I got a lot of experience with places like this." She shrugs "And besides, I can take care of myself, my last inn wasn't without it's troubles."

Gnrlshrimp
2010-11-07, 09:50 AM
"I don't know, I'm sure there's a few people like me who'd be willing to help you set the inn up without care for money, but...if you think this place is a better option..." Damon shrugs and opens the door to head back inside. "With a place as busy as this, I'm sure they're always on the lookout for an extra hand, and it would be nice to talk to you again...though I don't know how long I'll be staying here for."

Shadowcaller
2010-11-07, 09:53 AM
"Is that so?" She smiles at him as she enters the tavern again "Where are you going then? Your job as a dragon calling? And really Damon, I want to earn my money on my own, I don't like to accept any charity."

Gnrlshrimp
2010-11-07, 10:13 AM
"It's not charity, it's just me wanting to help a friend. Is that so wrong?" Damon asks, trying to make it sound more like friendly helpfulness than the charity it clearly is. "And unfortunately yes, being a dragon does carry certain duties with it...still, it's nice to see you again. You're looking as beautiful as ever."

Reinholdt
2010-11-07, 10:15 AM
"I'll be more than happy to spend Gordon's money." Ilpholin says, still not actually... eating anything or spending any money.
But then, she must keep that ridiculous figure somehow. Probably starves herself to do it.

Oh hey! HEY! It's that dragon she was trying to seduce, but was an absolute grump about it.
Ilpholin grins, waves, and blows Damon a kiss. :smallamused:
*mmmmwaah*
... Writing down the sound effect for that is really hard.

happyturtle
2010-11-07, 10:25 AM
"Could always keep a room here, you know," Darcy suggests. "You'd probably have more *cough* privacy." Yes, she knows about HenchNet, which is why Zanny isn't getting invited around to the valcano.

Reinholdt
2010-11-07, 10:31 AM
"Well I made my room pretty private back in AMEN, but it could never hurt to have another one that only you and I know about." :smallwink:
And Chumley.
Ilpholin probably didn't mean for that to be suggestive, but everything she does is suggestive. She can't help it much of the time.

happyturtle
2010-11-07, 10:34 AM
And Darcy blushes as an image of what she and Ilpholin could be doing in that room goes through her head, and then adds Chumley to the mix for good measure. Stupid lust demon. Stupid nymph hawtness. >.<

Reinholdt
2010-11-07, 10:40 AM
Ilpholin rolls her eyes a little. She CAN pick up on such signals. Rather easily, with a great deal of practice. "Not quite what I meant my dear. Unless your dragon permits such things of course." Now it's what Darcy's thinking.

She normally wouldn't care about boyfriends or such nonsense, but she's not really out to turn Darcy into her sex slave like she does with others.

happyturtle
2010-11-07, 10:45 AM
Okay, now she just turns even redder and looks another way. "S'your fault for being so hot," Darcy mutters. "I don't even like girls."

Shadowcaller
2010-11-07, 10:46 AM
"It's not charity, it's just me wanting to help a friend. Is that so wrong?" Damon asks, trying to make it sound more like friendly helpfulness than the charity it clearly is. "And unfortunately yes, being a dragon does carry certain duties with it...still, it's nice to see you again. You're looking as beautiful as ever."

Ambrosia chuckles, blushing a bit, which involves her scales turning a darker shade of red. She is a dragonborn you see? Did I fail to mention that? Well, not the kind with breasts though, her figure is from a human perspective a bit feminine however, the first dragonborns were humans after all.

Anyway, she got red scales covering her body and is tall enough to nearly hit her head when she enters the tavern. A head shaped very much like a dragons I might add, without the long neck of course, her eyes are reptilian as well, right now glancing at Ilpholin.

To get away the conversation away from things that make her blush, she instead ask "Is that someone you know Damon? And no, I don't need any help right now, if I do, I'll tell you, I promise" She ensures him.

Reinholdt
2010-11-07, 10:50 AM
Okay, now she just turns even redder and looks another way. "S'your fault for being so hot," Darcy mutters. "I don't even like girls."

"Oh? Why not? Tell me you haven't grown to appreciate your own gender's form before." Ilpholin scoots a little closer.

And waves at Ambrosia as well, blowing her a kiss too. She's really at it now.

Gnrlshrimp
2010-11-07, 10:54 AM
((Erm, Ilph didn't see Damon as a dragonborn, if I remember correctly. While the voice may sound somewhat similar, I don't see how she'd recognise him as the dragon, since he only ever shifted to dragon form just outside the tavern...))

"Good, good. I'd always be happy to help a friend, Ambrosia. Would you like a drink at all? I mean, you don't need to ask about a job immediately, do you? It'd be nice to just sit and talk for a while." Damon nods towards a table relatively far away from Vizek. The last thing he needs is that dragon making some sort of comment. "You know, I've always found the way dragonborns blush quite unusual...the way your scales turn that darker colour. How does it work with black dragonborns? Would my scales turn lighter instead?"

happyturtle
2010-11-07, 11:00 AM
"The main issue I have with girls is that they aren't boys," Darcy says, with a solemn nod. I think the alcohol has gotten her to that stage where she feels enlightened and wise.

Fun fact: Boys, Boys, Boys (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qTw1kkFvlU) came up on the shuffle as I was typing this. :smallcool:

Reinholdt
2010-11-07, 11:00 AM
((Erm, Ilph didn't see Damon as a dragonborn, if I remember correctly. While the voice may sound somewhat similar, I don't see how she'd recognise him as the dragon, since he only ever shifted to dragon form just outside the tavern...))

"Good, good. I'd always be happy to help a friend, Ambrosia. Would you like a drink at all? I mean, you don't need to ask about a job immediately, do you? It'd be nice to just sit and talk for a while." Damon nods towards a table relatively far away from Vizek. The last thing he needs is that dragon making some sort of comment. "You know, I've always found the way dragonborns blush quite unusual...the way your scales turn that darker colour. How does it work with black dragonborns? Would my scales turn lighter instead?"
Yeah... and she was there the whole time for that and there are windows and shifting to a BIG OLD DRAGON is pretty darn obvious, isn't it? :smallconfused:

But whatever.
*shrugs*

Ilpholin raises an eyebrow at Darcy. "No... they're not.."

Gnrlshrimp
2010-11-07, 11:05 AM
(Eh, fair enough. Ilph seemed to be in a conversation though, not sure why she'd randomly look out the window. There's plenty of random crap going on in the Nexus all the time.)

In that case it would seem that Damon has just decided to ignore Ilph.

happyturtle
2010-11-07, 11:06 AM
"Exactly! Girls are not boys, and boys are really really nice." And Darcy gets the goofy thinking-of-her-boyfriend expression.

Reinholdt
2010-11-07, 11:10 AM
Cause Ilpholin wasn't very invested in the conversation earlier at all if you look. :smalltongue:
That and she is a Drow recently arrived in the Nexus. You pay attention to your surroundings heavily if you want to live.

Now however, she's only barely paying attention to Damon anyways. So don't really know the big deal. He doesn't blow back the kiss. Oh well.

Ilpholin addresses Darcy. "Mmm... I don't know about that. Really nice to use perhaps. But they're kinda weak beyond that." In the figurative sense. Cause Ilphy's still a sexist.

Shadowcaller
2010-11-07, 11:10 AM

Darcy gets a strange glimpse of something she can't make out, but it feels like it urges her to do exactly what she want to do, this does not mean having sex with someone of course, it could mean getting away from there or hit Ilpholin in the head.

Whatever she truly desire.

Moff Chumley
2010-11-07, 11:16 AM
Chumley, who was clearly dosing in the back of the booth, wakes up. "WHERE THE F-" Then she actualy wakes up. Rubs her eyes, yoinks Darcy's bamhacon. "Mornin, Darcy, Ilpholin."

Shadowcaller
2010-11-07, 11:19 AM
"It's very hard see dark scaled people blush, but I don't want anything to drink just yet, best to be sober if you like to get the job eh?" She grins, her sharp teeth showing quite clearly.

"Your here with someone else then?"

Vizek is currently glancing at Damon, but that might change as Cessie and Nixm are finally done talking and Nixm is returning to Vizek's table, so he might be busy with that for a while.

happyturtle
2010-11-07, 11:19 AM
Darcy impulsively leans over to try and kiss Ilpholin on the cheek.

Reinholdt
2010-11-07, 11:22 AM
What a strange place for a kiss. To Ilpholin anyways. Not that she hasn't used it before, mind you.

"Morning Chumley."

Ilpholin is kissed! And getting some mixed messages from it!
But she'll go to gently put one hand on Darcy's leg and squeeze.

Moff Chumley
2010-11-07, 11:23 AM
Chumley clears her eyes again. "'m still asleep, then?"

happyturtle
2010-11-07, 11:25 AM
Darcy turns even redder. Somehow. "Hi Chumley."

Gnrlshrimp
2010-11-07, 11:25 AM
"Fair enough, but one drink wouldn't really hurt, would it?" Damon doesn't really mind, though, he just finds it a bit odd that Ambrosia, who served some very powerful drinks, doesn't think she can handle even one drink. "Mmm, well, there's one or two other dragons around here. I guess you could say I'm with them. Vizek and Sarah are my closest friends among dragons, after all." They're his only dragon-y friends really...

Damn those less friendly, serious dragons and their seriousness.

"Tell you what, why don't you go and ask about a job then? That way at least you can have something to drink while we talk."

Moff Chumley
2010-11-07, 11:28 AM
I think it's worth noting, the last people Chumley had a conversation with were Becky and Tara. So... "Uh, I know this must seem like a kinda stupid question." Chumley noms bamhacon, contemplatively. She pulls it off, somehow. "Are all the chicks in Nexus..." She trails off, a bit pathetically. :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2010-11-07, 11:32 AM
*asks Moff to be somewhat patient with his posting*
It's generally nice to give each participant within a bubble of action, one post each before responding.

"I dunno what the question is, but since you're a chick, shouldn't you be able to answer it?" :smallconfused:

happyturtle
2010-11-07, 11:38 AM
"No. I have a boyfriend," Darcy mumbles, scooting away from Ilpholin guiltily. "His name's Zanny. I was just.... um.. Yeah, he's a bard and really hot and sweet."

Of course by saying his name, she triggers the booty call spell Zanny cast on her, but she isn't thinking of that.

Moff Chumley
2010-11-07, 11:39 AM
Chumley stares at the table. "...oh. Forget I asked then." Awkward silence! "...Not that there's anything wrong with that! Of course. I mean. Everyone I've run into thus far... well, almost everyone. Never mind." :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2010-11-07, 11:46 AM
"Darcy's just a friend." Ilpholin rolls her eyes at Chumley. Ilpholin wouldn't get in between Zanny and Darcy willingly.

But she leans over and gives Chumley a good view. "Now if you're making a proposal of sorts for yourself... I'm willing to listen." :smallamused:

Shadowcaller
2010-11-07, 11:46 AM
"Fair enough, but one drink wouldn't really hurt, would it?" Damon doesn't really mind, though, he just finds it a bit odd that Ambrosia, who served some very powerful drinks, doesn't think she can handle even one drink. "Mmm, well, there's one or two other dragons around here. I guess you could say I'm with them. Vizek and Sarah are my closest friends among dragons, after all." They're his only dragon-y friends really...

Damn those less friendly, serious dragons and their seriousness.

"Tell you what, why don't you go and ask about a job then? That way at least you can have something to drink while we talk."

"Yeah, I think I will." Ambrosia glances over at the bar again and nods "Wish me luck!" She says with a smile and then walks off to ask for a job at trogs.

VampireRot
2010-11-07, 11:47 AM
Zanny's spell triggers, which allows him to hear what she just said. The bard dismisses it as just an explanation, and doesn't bother rushing over like an over-protective... I dunno, elephant. Besides, he's kinda already hanging out with a plot-clone of Darcy elsewhere, which would make the whole encounter mess with continuity. >.> The spell goes dormant again, ready to alert Zanny to the next saying of his name.

But since I got a post up, might as well throw a character in here. :smallannoyed:

The door to Trog's is opened by... Erm. A walking pile of clothes. Wait, no, it's just someone wearing a ridiculous amount of clothes. The small figure has a large winter jacket on, snow pants, big and furry boots, thick gloves, a hat, and a scarf. The only part of... her? his? body visible are the eyes, which are large and icey blue. And the current Nexuswhether is sunny. :smallsigh: The person is apparently immune to heatstroke, as he/she approaches the bar and... orders some hot chocolate. >.>

The wide eyes look around the tavern with apprehension, looking for a seat.

happyturtle
2010-11-07, 12:00 PM
"It's odd. There are a lot of girls that way, but almost no gay men." Darcy muses. :smallconfused: And so Zanny loses probably his only chance to get Darcy and Ilpholin behind the curtain with him. :smallwink:

Moff Chumley
2010-11-07, 12:03 PM
"Huh." *munch* "'splains lots about how Nexus keeps itself entertained, one way or another..." Ilpholin is rather delicately ignored. Maybe if Chumley was a little drunker (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xT6cdfP_cM)...

Reinholdt
2010-11-07, 12:06 PM
Ilpholin pouts and leans back, crossing her arms. No one knew how to have any fun.
Though I imagine she was secretly grateful. Probably. She certainly got tired of pretending to be sexually interested in everyone she ever met. But what else was there to do?

happyturtle
2010-11-07, 12:17 PM
She could try not giving a boop what anyone thinks of her and doing what she wants. It's totally that easy! =D

"I don't feel so good..." Darcy realizes. "Imma get a room before I pass out." She unsteadily gets to her feet to do that.

((deadtime))

Moff Chumley
2010-11-07, 12:19 PM
Chumley helps her to a room, I guess. Then sits back down.

VampireRot
2010-11-07, 12:19 PM
The... Person... wearing lots of clothes approaches Chumley and Ilpholin's table, clutching a steaming cup of chocolatey goodness in mitten-covered hands. Ignoring most rules of politeness, he/she just goes and sits right down at the seat Darcy just vacated.

"Hi."

The scarf muffles the mumbled greetings very well, and the person gives no other explanation for the action than that.

Reinholdt
2010-11-07, 12:21 PM
Ilpholin... doesn't understand the concept... :smallconfused: :smalltongue:
Then again, she doesn't understand anything but her way of life right now. So she keeps doing it all anyways.

"Umm... hello." Ilpholin eyes the newcomer.

VampireRot
2010-11-07, 12:27 PM
The newcomer eyes Ilpholin back with still-wide blue eyes. He/she slowly brings the cup of hot chocolate up to her/his scarf, and pulls the excess clothing down at bit to sip at the beverage. His/her nose and mouth don't seem too unnatural, just pale but regular-hooman skin.

"Hi."

Is she/he going to say anything else, or...?

"Was'your name?"

Reinholdt
2010-11-07, 12:35 PM
Hmm... Moff seems to have deadtimed so Ilpholin continues on!

"Ilpholin. And you?"
She continues to eye the person suspiciously. No one should have that much clothes on. Ever.
The nymph in the revealing catsuit has spoken.

VampireRot
2010-11-07, 12:38 PM
The person just... stares. Without saying much. Finally, after maybe twenty or so seconds, he/she answers.

"I'dunno."

Very helpful. >.> She/he sips again at her iced-chocolate.

Waitwhat?

Reinholdt
2010-11-07, 12:39 PM
"... Right. So... why are you wearing all those clothes? Isn't it uncomfortable?" Maybe he/she is really ugly? That would explain it.

Moff Chumley
2010-11-07, 12:41 PM
"I'm Chumley. Don't worry about it, you can just make up a name. Turned out okay for me, sort of." :smallsmile:

VampireRot
2010-11-07, 12:42 PM
The person just continues to stare, and sip at his/her hot chocolate.

"I'dunno. Cold?"

Outside, it is sunny and warm. I'm not sure either. *sips iced chocolate*

Chumley just gets a blank stare!

Moff Chumley
2010-11-07, 12:49 PM
"Huh. So you wanna go by cold? Works for me, I guess..." :smallconfused::smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2010-11-07, 12:50 PM
Ilpholin looks into the person's eyes.
"Are you mentally retarded?"
She's... kinda blunt sometimes.

VampireRot
2010-11-07, 12:53 PM
The person blinks confusedly at Chumley, before... blinking confusedly at Ilpholin.

"Not stupid."

She/he sips the hot chocolate, or at least tries to. He/she puts the cup down and glares at the chunk of frozen solid chocolate water.

Reinholdt
2010-11-07, 12:56 PM
"Right." Ilpholin wonders about a person who acts like that by choice.

But she leans back and deadtimes.

Moff Chumley
2010-11-07, 01:08 PM
The person blinks confusedly at Chumley, before... blinking confusedly at Ilpholin.

"Not stupid."

She/he sips the hot chocolate, or at least tries to. He/she puts the cup down and glares at the chunk of frozen solid chocolate water.

"If you say so, Cold... you know, I think I'm sensing your shtick." Hmm...

Murska
2010-11-07, 01:10 PM
And Kev walks back in. There's just something about entering a place. It's much more than what you would get from appearing out of nowhere with a teleport or some such. There's this certain feeling of a beginning when you enter, and it also lets you gauge the atmosphere and the overall shades of the possible audience much better.

But Kev is here to grab a drink, which he does, and sits down to drink it. His last one was unfinished, after all. Though he wouldn't mind, that dragon plays pretty good music.

VampireRot
2010-11-07, 01:11 PM
"Cold" blearily looks at Chumley with his/her icey blue eyes. The over-clothed person pulls a mitten off to poke at the ice.

"What'sa shtick?"

The ice explodes into a cloud of steam, which makes "Cold" scowl. It's even harder to drink steam than it is to drink ice! :smallyuk:

Moff Chumley
2010-11-07, 01:13 PM
"oh, okay, cold and hot then. Harder to come up with a name for..." Chumley would stroke a beard, if she had one. In the absence of facial hair, she's content with staring at the ceiling contemplatively.

VampireRot
2010-11-07, 01:15 PM
"Cold" pushes the empty cup to the side, her/his scowl now gone. Instead, he/she follows Chumley's gaze up to the ceiling. "Cold" peers intently, searching for something.

"What'cha lookin' at?"

"Cold" takes off his/her other mitten as well.

Moff Chumley
2010-11-07, 01:19 PM
"Ceiling. Makes ya look like your thinking about thing."

EDIT: Short deadtime. :smallfrown:

Shadowcaller
2010-11-07, 01:20 PM
As Kev enters Cessie approaches him, apparently she have been sitting around the inn today, now wearing her normal clothes once again "Kev! I have been looking for you." She greets him.

VampireRot
2010-11-07, 01:23 PM
"Ah. What?"

Look! "Cold" is staring blankly again! He/she, as her/his player is getting annoyed by the vague gender, takes off his/her hat. A cascade of straight black hair is unleashed, stretching down her back, almost to the floor. And it is a her.

"Hot now."

She begins unzipping the huge winter coat and unraveling the scarf.

Murska
2010-11-07, 01:23 PM
"Hi Cessie. How's things?" Kev waves and smiles.

Moff Chumley
2010-11-07, 01:36 PM
Chumley glares. "You're gonna strip now. This place wierds me out, you know that?"

VampireRot
2010-11-07, 01:42 PM
"Cold" blinks in surprise at Chumley.

"Other clothes under. Stupid."

I mean, who's ever heard of someone just wearing a coat? :smalltongue: After just dropping the coat and scarf on the floor, "Cold" reveals the teal tank-top she wears under it. Her snow-pants go on the floor next, and she's wearing short-shorts under those. And under her now-kicked off boots is a pair of open-toed sandals.

"Cold" puts on a pair of sunscreen and grins.

"Was hot."

Shadowcaller
2010-11-07, 02:13 PM
"Oh, just great, that song was er... something special." She smiles back "I just meet an old friend of mine here at the tavern while I was looking for you." She glances at Nixm's direction that is busy talking to Vizek.

Murska
2010-11-07, 02:15 PM
"Glad you liked it. You sang it well." He smiles. "A worthy tribute indeed. And at least you didn't get bored, I had a quick detour in a nearby village."

Moff Chumley
2010-11-07, 02:22 PM
"Cold" blinks in surprise at Chumley.

"Other clothes under. Stupid."

I mean, who's ever heard of someone just wearing a coat? :smalltongue: After just dropping the coat and scarf on the floor, "Cold" reveals the teal tank-top she wears under it. Her snow-pants go on the floor next, and she's wearing short-shorts under those. And under her now-kicked off boots is a pair of open-toed sandals.

"Cold" puts on a pair of sunscreen and grins.

"Was hot."

Chumley facepalms.

Shadowcaller
2010-11-07, 02:42 PM
"Glad you liked it. You sang it well." He smiles. "A worthy tribute indeed. And at least you didn't get bored, I had a quick detour in a nearby village."

"Well... I enjoyed it." Cessie admits. "Now, the reason I was looking for you is since I need a guide around here and you seem to know your way... or so I assumed. Sorry if I'm wrong, I don't know you that well yet beside what Aegnor have told me about you."

VampireRot
2010-11-07, 02:43 PM
Chumley facepalms.

"Why you do that? It hurt, no?"

"Cold" frowns, not quite understanding the facepalm.

Reinholdt
2010-11-07, 02:54 PM
"I'll say you're hot." Ilpholin winks at Cold.

"So... what you're the embodiment of weather or something?"

Murska
2010-11-07, 03:04 PM
"Well... I enjoyed it." Cessie admits. "Now, the reason I was looking for you is since I need a guide around here and you seem to know your way... or so I assumed. Sorry if I'm wrong, I don't know you that well yet beside what Aegnor have told me about you."

"I'm not a resident by any means, simply passed through a few times, but I guess I can try helping a pretty lady." He smiles. "And finding the right road happens to be one of my talents."

VampireRot
2010-11-07, 03:06 PM
"I'll say you're hot." Ilpholin winks at Cold.

"So... what you're the embodiment of weather or something?"

"Cold", perhaps thankfully, does not understand the innuendo. She shakes her head at Ilpholin's question.

"Not weather."

Moff Chumley
2010-11-07, 03:08 PM
"Well, we're gonna find out what your shtick is eventually, so why don't we have out with it now?"

Reinholdt
2010-11-07, 03:09 PM
Ilpholin nods and agrees with Chumley. "Well come on then! Tell us what! Give us SOMETHING to work with." Ilpholin is getting frustrated with 'Cold's' conversational ability and considering doing horrible things to her in retribution.

VampireRot
2010-11-07, 03:11 PM
"..."

"Cold" looks a bit overwhelmed.

"Still haven't said what a shtick is."

:smalltongue:

"I can make stuff hot. And cold. That a shtick?"

Shadowcaller
2010-11-07, 03:19 PM
"I'm not a resident by any means, simply passed through a few times, but I guess I can try helping a pretty lady." He smiles. "And finding the right road happens to be one of my talents."

Cessie looks a bit awkward, you aren't supposed to mention such things where she's from, everyone is supposed to be plain!

"Thank you Kev." She says with a polite nod "I easily get lost myself, my sense of location is really poor... I guess I just don't pay attention to my surroundings." She admits.

"Anyway, I really like to try to see everything around here, trying to get a better understanding of the place."

Reinholdt
2010-11-07, 03:22 PM
"So... the personification of Temperature? Are you called Temper?" It would fit.

Murska
2010-11-07, 03:27 PM
"Everything? That's a tall order. It's a big place, you see... a crossroad of sorts, between worlds and realms even I haven't explored yet. But I can accompany you around to see some of it's sights."

Shadowcaller
2010-11-07, 03:36 PM
"Alright, that sounds good." Cessie replies "Too bad Nixm can't come, she have somethings to discuss with that gentleman over there." She points at Vizek that grins at Kev, those poor native Hestopians...

"So should we start in the city perhaps? Maybe that restaurant... black dragon something? I can't remember, but Aegnor is actually a half-dragon, did you know that?"

VampireRot
2010-11-07, 03:37 PM
"So... the personification of Temperature? Are you called Temper?" It would fit.

"Temper? No. Sounds silly, makes me like Hulk."

"Cold" crosses her arms, frowning.

Reinholdt
2010-11-07, 03:39 PM
"But you are the personification of temperature aren't you? What about Celsius? I'd say Kelvin, but your gender doesn't seem to fit."

Murska
2010-11-07, 03:39 PM
"As I remember it, the first time we met he didn't know it himself." Kev shrugs, and gets up, leaving his drink there again. One of these days...

"Okay, so Black Dragon's Den was it?"

VampireRot
2010-11-07, 03:44 PM
"But you are the personification of temperature aren't you? What about Celsius? I'd say Kelvin, but your gender doesn't seem to fit."

"Cold" turns her head sideways a bit.

"Not a personification. Just a person."

She then shakes her head at the Celsius suggestion.

"Celsius was a guy too." :smallannoyed:

Gnrlshrimp
2010-11-07, 03:47 PM
"Yeah, I think I will." Ambrosia glances over at the bar again and nods "Wish me luck!" She says with a smile and then walks off to ask for a job at trogs.

Well, considering none of the bartenders listed on the front page seem to show up at the moment, one would imagine they'd be happy to have someone like Ambrosia, who is already experienced in the role.

Damon nods at her, "Good luck."

Reinholdt
2010-11-07, 03:51 PM
"Cold" turns her head sideways a bit.

"Not a personification. Just a person."

She then shakes her head at the Celsius suggestion.

"Celsius was a guy too." :smallannoyed:

"Well, yes but it sounds more feminine than Kelvin, doesn't it?" Ilpholin shrugs.
"If you want your own name, than name yourself. Otherwise I'm just going to call you Slave."

VampireRot
2010-11-07, 03:53 PM
"Cold" looks surprised.

"Slave?"

She shifts her body and lowers her head a bit, looking apprehensive.

"Why slave?"

Reinholdt
2010-11-07, 04:01 PM
"Cause people without names are usually slaves. And I could always use another one." Ilpholin crosses her arms and waits for Cold to give a name.

VampireRot
2010-11-07, 04:03 PM
"Cold's" eyes widen with fear. Course, she's wearing sunglasses, so Ilpholin can't see them.

"I don't want to be a slave!"

She looks around, then bites her lip.

"Cold? Cold is a good name?"

Reinholdt
2010-11-07, 04:08 PM
"I dunno... I kind of like the idea of a slave..." Another one. Ilpholin grins, leaning up close to Cold. "And I'd make it very enjoyable for you." :smallamused:

"But fine. Cold is as good a name as any. I suppose. Or Frost." Ilpholin doesn't think they're very good names at all! But leans back.

VampireRot
2010-11-07, 04:10 PM
"Cold" shies away from Ilpholin.

"How slave enjoyable?":smalleek:

Aww, they're so cute when they're innocent.

Reinholdt
2010-11-07, 04:16 PM
"I can show you if you want. On a trial basis. No strings attached." Ilpholin scoots closer to Cold, voice dripping with suggestion.

Moff Chumley
2010-11-07, 04:16 PM
Chumley is leaning back in the booth, sipping at a shot of whiskey, staying quiet. Maybe smiling a bit at Ilpholin's antics. Oh Ilpholin, you're such a kidder... :smalltongue:

VampireRot
2010-11-07, 04:19 PM
"Cold" scoots a bit away, looking kinda freaked out.

"Oh... Kay...?"

Her eyes dart around and look pleadingly at Chumley underneath the sunglasses.

Shadowcaller
2010-11-07, 04:21 PM
"As I remember it, the first time we met he didn't know it himself." Kev shrugs, and gets up, leaving his drink there again. One of these days...

"Okay, so Black Dragon's Den was it?"

"Yes... you don't happen to know the place do you? I was recommended it by someone at that festival." Cessie replies, looking a bit indecisive.

[Ambrosia]

"I got it!" Ambrosia declares as she returns to Damon with a smile on her face. "Now I'm ready to drink something... to celebrate." Her smile turns into a grin.

Reinholdt
2010-11-07, 04:21 PM
Who's kidding? :smallconfused:

"Great. This way." :smallamused:
Ilpholin tries to grab Cold's hand and practically drag her upstairs.

Murska
2010-11-07, 04:23 PM
"It's... well, as far as I know, not a very nice place. Plenty of people you might not want to get acquainted with. But interesting, for sure."

Moff Chumley
2010-11-07, 04:24 PM
That's the joke. :smalltongue:

Chumley was wondering how far Ilphy was planning on taking this, but takes exception to what essentially amounts to rape. "Hey, sit down, Ilphy. Or at least leave her alone." :smallyuk:

Gnrlshrimp
2010-11-07, 04:25 PM
"That's wonderful, Ambrosia. Sit down, drinks are on me!" Damon says, ordering whatever Ambrosia wants. "Now, tell me a little bit about your family. I'm kind of curious now, dragonborns are still something of a mystery to me."

VampireRot
2010-11-07, 04:26 PM
Who's kidding? :smallconfused:

"Great. This way." :smallamused:
Ilpholin tries to grab Cold's hand and practically drag her upstairs.

"Cold", with a squeaking meep, offers no resistance and is easy to lead/drag upstairs. :smalleek:

Following her is a small heatwave, but its only enough to make the temperature uncomfortable.

Reinholdt
2010-11-07, 04:28 PM
"Oh hush. She said yes. Trial basis, remember?" Chumley is waved off and Ilpholin continues her path upstairs.

Shadowcaller
2010-11-07, 04:31 PM
"It's... well, as far as I know, not a very nice place. Plenty of people you might not want to get acquainted with. But interesting, for sure."

"Strange, the man that recommended it told me I would fit in perfectly." Cessie raises an eyebrow but then seems to decide to go anyway with a shrug "Well, I might as well take a look at least, I have endured worse places before."

VampireRot
2010-11-07, 04:33 PM
"Oh hush. She said yes. Trial basis, remember?" Chumley is waved off and Ilpholin continues her path upstairs.

"Cold" is still dragged along.

Everyone in the tavern should feel a slightly uncomfortable rise in heat! BWAHAHAHAHHAHA!

Murska
2010-11-07, 04:35 PM
"Strange, the man that recommended it told me I would fit in perfectly." Cessie raises an eyebrow but then seems to decide to go anyway with a shrug "Well, I might as well take a look at least, I have endured worse places before."

"All right, let's go. I'll get you out if necessary, anyway." And Kev assumedly leads her away.

Moff Chumley
2010-11-07, 04:37 PM

Chumley just shrugs. "Although a successful argument could be made along the lines of 'she has no idea what she said yes TO...' but whatever." Chumley shoos them away. "You kids have fun."

Reinholdt
2010-11-07, 04:42 PM
The two make it Trog's Second Floor then.

Shadowcaller
2010-11-07, 05:10 PM
"That's wonderful, Ambrosia. Sit down, drinks are on me!" Damon says, ordering whatever Ambrosia wants. "Now, tell me a little bit about your family. I'm kind of curious now, dragonborns are still something of a mystery to me."

She orders a normal beer and looks at Damon,"My family? Well, there are my parents and my younger brother, we were very lucky to all escape Terra Morin alive as the oracle predicted the demons coming a few hours before they arrived, sadly not everyone believed in him." Amborisa shakes her head and takes a sip out of her beer.

Gnrlshrimp
2010-11-07, 05:19 PM
"I see..." On a better day, Damon might well admit to having caused it all, but not today. He doesn't feel up to admitting his actions to more people yet. "Well, at least you're all alright, eh? I was worried about you, you know, I had no idea if you'd made it out of Terra in one piece."

Shadowcaller
2010-11-07, 05:30 PM
"Neither had I about you Damon, nor had I the chance to find out with all the chaos, where you one of the dragons that fought against the demons perhaps? I'm afraid I have never seen a dragon like you before." Ambrosia takes another sip from her beer, looking at Damon with interest.

VampireRot
2010-11-07, 06:24 PM
"Cold" makes her way down from the second floor, eyes twinkling behind her sunglasses. She goes to the bar to get another hot chocolate, before heading back to the table they were at before. She nods at Chumley, before sitting down to sip iced chocolate and wait for Ilpholin.

Moff Chumley
2010-11-07, 06:30 PM
Chumley wakes up. "Have fun, then?"

VampireRot
2010-11-07, 06:34 PM
"Cold" nods and sips at her hot chocolate.

"I still need a name though."

She frowns, thinking.

Moff Chumley
2010-11-07, 06:37 PM
"Well... where'd you come from?" :smallconfused: Chumley has a reason for picking a new name, quite apart from "I forgot."

VampireRot
2010-11-07, 06:39 PM
>.>
<.<

"I forgot."

:smalltongue:

"Cold" shrugs.

"Here?"

Moff Chumley
2010-11-07, 06:51 PM
"Oh. Must make things simpler, then. I'm pretty new here..." Chumley ponders. "I can think up a name for you, if you want. You know, better than cold." Without giving Cold a chance to respond, "Hm. Should be something short. Monosylabic, maybe two. Can't be anything conventional, of course. How 'bout... hmm... Chumley is bad at names. :smalltongue:

VampireRot
2010-11-07, 06:54 PM
"I could always wish for a name."

"Cold" nods contemplatively. She has no hopes of Chumley coming up with a name. :smalltongue:

Moff Chumley
2010-11-07, 06:57 PM
"Shh, I'm still thinking... hurm..." :smalltongue:

VampireRot
2010-11-07, 07:04 PM
"You do that."

"Cold" tries to sip at a block of ice again. She humphs, but this time just waves a hand over the cup. The ice melts, but doesn't evaporate. With a satisfied smile, "Cold" takes a sip of the hot chocolate.

Moff Chumley
2010-11-07, 07:12 PM
Chumley's got it! "Devi."

Do it, Rot. :smallbiggrin:

VampireRot
2010-11-07, 07:17 PM
"Cold" Devi blinks, and takes off her sunglasses for a moment.

"That's... That's a good idea."

She looks down at the hot chocolate, which has burst into a cloud of steam. She puts on the sunglasses again.

"A good idea."

Moff Chumley
2010-11-07, 07:18 PM
"Damn straight."

((And it also happens to be the name of the most badass pedal manufacturer (http://fx.deviever.com/) on the internet! No, seriously, I have one of her pedals. It's like a cross between Hendrix and explosions. :smallredface::smalltongue:))

VampireRot
2010-11-07, 07:24 PM
Devi nods.

"Damn straight indeed."

((Also a Hindu Goddess (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devi):smalltongue:))

Moff Chumley
2010-11-07, 07:31 PM
((Insane transsexual troll fuzz pedal manufacturer>>Hindu goddess. :smalltongue:))

"So, where's Ilpholin?"

VampireRot
2010-11-07, 07:33 PM
"Taking a shower."

Devi glares at her empty cup. Stupid cup. Being empty.

Reinholdt
2010-11-07, 08:00 PM
A dressed and refreshed and smiling Ilpholin comes down the stairs.
She heads over to the two.
"Has Darcy come back down yet?"

VampireRot
2010-11-07, 08:03 PM
Devi looks around, just to be sure.

"Nope."

She hasn't met Darcy, actually. But assumes it is the person who's seat she stole. :smalltongue:

Moff Chumley
2010-11-07, 08:08 PM
"She has not."

Reinholdt
2010-11-07, 08:09 PM
"Oh. Well tell her I've gone out to do some shopping and will be back at Watchtower later. If you see her."

Moff Chumley
2010-11-07, 08:38 PM
"I shall do that." Chumley is feeling very awkward right now.

VampireRot
2010-11-07, 08:41 PM
"Me too."

Devi doesn't know why Chumley is feeling awkward. The thermomancer starts sliiightly lowering the temperature around her. Then examines the goosebumps on her arm with a "Hmmmm."

Moff Chumley
2010-11-07, 08:44 PM
I'm pretty sure Ilpholin would make most people uncomfortable, especially in this case. :smalltongue:

VampireRot
2010-11-07, 08:45 PM
The case of "I'm going shopping tell my friend where I'll be if you see her."? :smallconfused:

I'm missing something, aren't I?

Reinholdt
2010-11-07, 08:49 PM
So am I.
Ilpholin thanks them and then heads out.

Moff Chumley
2010-11-07, 08:50 PM
...never mind. I guess Chumley's just a prude. :smalltongue:

HINT: I'm refering more to the Ilpholin dragging Devi off for wild secks, in the middle of a conversation more than the shoe shopping... :smalltongue:

VampireRot
2010-11-07, 08:53 PM
"You know, Chumley? You're a prude."

"So, is Darcy the lady who was here before me?"

Devi is still expirimentimating with goosebumps and stuff. What happens if she makes a section of her skin really cold and then really ho-OW!

Recaiden
2010-11-07, 09:28 PM
Liliy gets up, walks to the bar, and sits back down.

Moff Chumley
2010-11-07, 10:30 PM
"You know, Chumley? You're a prude."

"So, is Darcy the lady who was here before me?"

Devi is still expirimentimating with goosebumps and stuff. What happens if she makes a section of her skin really cold and then really ho-OW!

"Yah, that was Darcy. The only sane person I've met thus far..." Heh.

VampireRot
2010-11-07, 10:33 PM
Devi frowns.

"Is not sane?"

Hey... Is it just everyone, or is it getting a bit colder in here? :smalleek:

Moff Chumley
2010-11-07, 10:40 PM
"Relatively speakin', of course." Chumley :smalleek:s. "Ya know, I just meant she's one of the hoopier people I've met. Is all."

VampireRot
2010-11-07, 10:41 PM
Devi raises an eyebrow under her sunglasses, and puts the temperature back to normal.

"Hoopier?"

She goes back to goosebump experimentation!

Moff Chumley
2010-11-07, 10:45 PM
Chumley fishes around in her jacket for a moment, and pulls out...
http://static.artfire.com/admin/product_images/thumbs/8245_product_407516213_thumb_large.jpg "I'd lend you my copy, but it's falling apart and it has sentimental value... anyhow. Find yourself a copy."

VampireRot
2010-11-07, 10:49 PM
Devi peers at the book.

"But we aren't hitchhiking."

She mentally notes to pick up the book anyway, though.

Moff Chumley
2010-11-07, 10:54 PM
Chumley leans back. "We're all hitchhiking, when you think about it..." Unwilling to substantiate this, Chumley takes a long, slow sip of beer. :smalltongue:

VampireRot
2010-11-07, 10:56 PM
Devi thinks about it.

"No. We're not." :smallconfused:

Stoopid philosophy. Devi stares intently at Chumley's beer. Hmm... Nope, she hasn't had alcohol before.

Moff Chumley
2010-11-07, 11:00 PM
Well, it's AMEN's tab. "Hey, bartender. Pitcher o' beer, please... help yourself, Devi, I ain't paying."

VampireRot
2010-11-07, 11:06 PM
Devi sniffs the beer suspiciously.

"And we're supposed to drink this?"

She tastes it... And blech.

"It's not very good."

>.>
<.<

The thermomancer is now happily freezing the beverage and then boiling it and then freezing it again, making frozen bubbles.

Moff Chumley
2010-11-07, 11:10 PM
"It grows on ya." :smallwink:

UncleWolf
2010-11-08, 12:39 AM
It's the little things which make a difference sometimes.

Consider Cosmo, grumpily sweeping the floor of Trog's Tavern one autumn morning. Having an absent boss means he can get away with shortcuts such as sweeping the dust vaguely in the direction of the crack in the wall. And in the sweepings, is a humble ant.

One moment she was collecting crumbs underneath the bar. The next she is tumbling into the dark gap between the walls. Once she gets onto her feet again, now one fewer than before, she returns to searching for resources for the hive.

What she finds is too big for her to move alone. Soon ants begin pouring out from cracks and crevices all over the tavern to converge on her location and collect the treasure within.

Gnrlshrimp
2010-11-08, 03:40 AM
"Neither had I about you Damon, nor had I the chance to find out with all the chaos, where you one of the dragons that fought against the demons perhaps? I'm afraid I have never seen a dragon like you before." Ambrosia takes another sip from her beer, looking at Damon with interest.

"Sadly not. It was only very recently that I became a dragon. I had no choice but to flee at the time." There's a noticeable hint of guilt in his voice as he says this, he does wish he'd been able to do more after all, especially after seeing just how much damage was caused. "Still, at least I can do my part if any demons try anything in the future." Damon considers the time, then shrugs and orders himself a DLB. Hopefully Sarah will realise that he's just got distracted in the tavern. "I am a rather unique dragon, I suppose. I think it's related to me being a zern originally."

Zefir
2010-11-08, 04:27 AM
Thank you. My name is Xifra. /note

"Nice to meet ye Xifra."

Zefir try to shake hands but he took his hand back.

"Ah to bad I can't see you. Could you tell me why?"

happyturtle
2010-11-08, 04:43 AM
"I'm not important enough to be noticed. If you concentrate really hard, you might be able to see me sitting on the chair across from you. Some people can. But I doubt it's worth the bother." /note

http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1011/d05/0608/783a965.png

Murska
2010-11-08, 04:54 AM
Nath blinks. Did he fall asleep, go into that deadtime-state or just think too deeply? Damnit, he isn't an old man, he should keep alert.

Oh, there's the woman he was talking to. "Oh, hi again, Xifra."

happyturtle
2010-11-08, 05:00 AM
Xifra smiles self-consciously. Having Nath's notice should make it easier for Zefir to see her. "Oh. Hi."

Zefir
2010-11-08, 05:11 AM
"OK good someone notice you, too."

Zefir knead his temples and focus on the chair. Short time he is able to see her.
He is a bit shocked about the fact, that he did not notic you.
*Ping* an idea pops into his mind and Zefir tries to concentrate more.

happyturtle
2010-11-08, 05:31 AM
"Don't worry. I'll disappear again once you stop paying attention," Xifra says. Now you can hear her voice. Everything about her is rather unremarkable and dull.

Zefir
2010-11-08, 05:57 AM
"It's not the reason why I try to focus so hard."

Zefir wince.

"Braincrush! Oh that hurts."

Zefir knead his head and remains on the status he could see her.

"You mentioned you are not important? That will lay in the eye of the beholder."

happyturtle
2010-11-08, 06:02 AM
"Exactly." Xifra says.

Murska
2010-11-08, 06:11 AM
"How've things been for you? Nath takes a seat and leans back. "What do you do anyway? I imagine you'd be a great spy."

happyturtle
2010-11-08, 06:15 AM
"I scrape by," she says, not wanting to admit she's a thief. "A spy? I guess..." Of course she'd need an employer who wouldn't forget her existence once she went into the field.

Zefir
2010-11-08, 06:16 AM
"Or she may be a great bomber with the right bombs."

Murska
2010-11-08, 06:17 AM
"Hm. Or an assassin for that matter. That could be a really useful thing.

Were you born with it or cursed by it or something?" Whoa, that might be nasty, being forgotten by your own mother... though she probably wouldn't have survived very long if that were the case.

Zefir
2010-11-08, 06:22 AM
"Hmm. Yes maybe but why do we only think of jobs that may have her arrested as a result."

Zefir snap his finger.

"HA! She could make a ghost house. Moving furniture, Cookies that vanish and such things. And all the magican that sai it is a trick will run out cause there detect spells doesn't work."

happyturtle
2010-11-08, 06:26 AM
"I was always like this," she says. Luckily blood relatives have some resistance to the aura, or she wouldn't have survived. And imagine being the mother whose body is recovering from childbirth but who doesn't know what became of the baby. :smallyuk:

Murska
2010-11-08, 07:39 AM
"Odd. Is it hereditary? Or just a random ailment? Is there a treatment, or have you even tried to find one?

As for the possibilities, I guess it's my training speaking."

happyturtle
2010-11-08, 08:31 AM
"It's a family affliction. Not everyone has it, but there are generally a few unimportant people in every generation." she says.

Murska
2010-11-08, 09:28 AM
"Interesting." Nath smiles happily and procures another sheet of paper to scribble on. "Can you tell me a bit about yourself? Where is your family from, personal history, the like?"

happyturtle
2010-11-08, 09:31 AM
Xifra narrows her eyes suspiciously. "Why do you want to know all that?"

Murska
2010-11-08, 09:35 AM
Nath stops scribbling and looks up. "Well, family heritage might mean it's genetic but I find the more likely case to be some sort of a magical curse, and knowing when and where would help with the background. Besides, knowing where you have been might help me shut out a few cases, and close family history might have clues on particular susceptibility."

/And I thought maybe it'd be good if I showed some interest, considering your situation./ At least he didn't say that one out loud. Social graces or reading the situation never really were his forté.

happyturtle
2010-11-08, 09:47 AM
"I was born here, in this city.. But I've never done anything important or gone anywhere else. I don't think you'll learn anything that way." she says. Of course Xifra is also lacking in social graces, and it's very hard to earn her trust.

Murska
2010-11-08, 09:59 AM
"That's a pity. But Nexus is rather magical, I'd think you'd agree."

"For studying a condition such as this, just like when studying a person, you shouldn't focus on 'important' deeds and tasks. A single happening might as well have been pure chance."

happyturtle
2010-11-08, 10:16 AM
"You really believe there's some kind of cure, don't you?" Xifra says. And for a moment, she allows herself to imagine it.

And shudders in horror. They would all see her! The thought made her feel violated, as a person might feel at the thought of forced public nudity. She starts to fade a little, subconsciously, becoming harder for Nath to focus on, though he probably won't lose his fix completely.

Morty
2010-11-08, 10:20 AM
Dipsnig undeadtimes by the bar, watching the strange woman his senses tell him he should ignore.
Viima is still by the fireplace, gnawing on a bone. Gnaw gnaw.

Zefir
2010-11-08, 10:21 AM
"I see you are in a talk with this guy just left me a note if you want something from me."

Taking a pen Zefir writes on his left hands back:
Xifra Need Fokus to See. Never forget.

After that Zefir returns to nip on his Cola and searches something in his magic bag of endless boom.

Murska
2010-11-08, 10:21 AM
Nath blinks and stops scribbling to focus on her. "There is a cure for everything, illness or not, but I don't know much of that. I'm not a doctor after all. I like knowing what, and how and why. Practical applications are good and worthwhile but still sort of a side track."

happyturtle
2010-11-08, 10:23 AM
"What are you then?" Xifra says, wanting to change the subject. Or flee. But changing the subject would get her less notice.

Murska
2010-11-08, 10:44 AM
"I'm an unemployed weirdo, currently. I've been a bunch of things, but that's probably what I am the most often. I travel around, try to learn things."
/At least for as long as it takes to get dragged into more trouble./

happyturtle
2010-11-08, 12:03 PM
"And in the past you were a spy or an assassin?" Xifra guesses.

Murska
2010-11-08, 12:07 PM
Nath laughs, with a bitter undertone. "Not really. I've been a diplomat, which is kind of like a spy, but I mostly ordered others to kill and be killed. I seem to have a knack for getting the most of the former and least of the latter."

happyturtle
2010-11-08, 12:12 PM
"What land were you a diplomat for?" Xifra asks.

Murska
2010-11-08, 12:29 PM
"A small monarchy called Ferath. That wasn't a bad time."

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-08, 12:29 PM
Mercury walks in, okay, more like stumbles in. Sitting down, he orders a ale and hopes to every deity ever that nothing happens today.

happyturtle
2010-11-08, 12:31 PM
"What happened to it? Was it the catpeople?" she asks.

Morty
2010-11-08, 12:34 PM
A cow falls on Mercury from the sky. Gods are being jerks today.
Okay, no it doesn't. Dipsnig keeps sitting by the bar and drinking. Totally no eveasdropping on the nearby conversation.

Murska
2010-11-08, 12:42 PM
"Catpeople? Don't think so. It's probably still there on it's little piece of river, or maybe one of the other lands nearby took over. I left before I got to see."

Shadowcaller
2010-11-08, 01:35 PM
"Sadly not. It was only very recently that I became a dragon. I had no choice but to flee at the time." There's a noticeable hint of guilt in his voice as he says this, he does wish he'd been able to do more after all, especially after seeing just how much damage was caused. "Still, at least I can do my part if any demons try anything in the future." Damon considers the time, then shrugs and orders himself a DLB. Hopefully Sarah will realise that he's just got distracted in the tavern. "I am a rather unique dragon, I suppose. I think it's related to me being a zern originally."

"I would guess so Damon." Ambrosia replies with a smile "I didn't even think people could just become dragons..." She pauses briefly and then adds "I know you have been avoiding the subject so just say the word and I shall avoid it as well." With a casual and friendly tone.

Gnrlshrimp
2010-11-08, 01:51 PM
"Thanks. I'm sorry, but it does have to be kept a secret." He sips his DLB and stares thoughtfully at her, "It's a shame really, I bet you'd make a beautiful dragon."

Shadowcaller
2010-11-08, 02:02 PM
Ambrosia laughs "No, no, I'm just a simple bartender, no dragonship for me, I wouldn't know how to be one anyway."

Gnrlshrimp
2010-11-08, 02:07 PM
"Neither did I. I'm still learning, really. Dragons are weird." He chuckles, reminding himself how weird he is, "You know, Vizek once started talking about a really attractive dragon he once found. Didn't describe her eyes, or her face...nope, he started talking about how perfect her belly was!"

Shadowcaller
2010-11-08, 02:19 PM
"Really?" She smiles amused, laughing again "I never even imagined that, makes one wonder what make some of them attracted to other beings, you don't really have much of a belly do you Damon?" Ambrosia grins at him as she takes another sip of her beer.

Gnrlshrimp
2010-11-08, 02:34 PM
"Me? No, not really, but then I'm a different sort of dragon. I'm not as strong as most dragons, but I could run rings around all of them in the air!" He boasts, though he's probably not wrong...well, not wrong about the dragons he knows anyway. There's smaller kinds of more agile dragons from other worlds he's never met!

"But is it really so much of a surprise that some dragons find other races attractive?" He asks, "I mean, just look at yourself. I'm no expert on what makes a dragonborn attractive, but you I reckon you're pretty good looking. Not a single scale out of place."

Shadowcaller
2010-11-08, 02:50 PM
Ambrosia blushes again "Geez Damon, your complimenting me more then some drunken customers I have had... just before I threw them out." She grins at the suggestion of throwing him out and chuckles.

"Well, at least you complimenting me and not insulting me... I'm really flattered." She seems a bit nervous and awkward.

Gnrlshrimp
2010-11-08, 02:55 PM
Damon glances at his drink, then shrugs. "Well I haven't had that many drinks yet, so I guess you must just be that beautiful." He grins at her and sips his drink, "And...why would I insult you? Perhaps I'm being a little generous with the number of compliments but, well, it has been a long time since I last saw you, and I have always admired dragonborns."

VampireRot
2010-11-08, 03:13 PM
"It grows on ya." :smallwink:

Devi looks skeptical.

"How? It's horrible!"

She looks at the frozen drink with scorn. Beer taste not good. :smallannoyed:

But it froze prettily, she had to give it that. :smallsmile:

Shadowcaller
2010-11-08, 03:41 PM
Damon glances at his drink, then shrugs. "Well I haven't had that many drinks yet, so I guess you must just be that beautiful." He grins at her and sips his drink, "And...why would I insult you? Perhaps I'm being a little generous with the number of compliments but, well, it has been a long time since I last saw you, and I have always admired dragonborns."

"Um... well, I meant that the drunks usually insulted me when I threw them out, not that you would insult me of course." She smiles, acting generally nervous. "...have you been here long then?"

Gnrlshrimp
2010-11-08, 04:04 PM
"Not that long. At least I don't think it's been that long, it's kind of hard to tell at times. This place is...strange." Damon takes another sip, "Still, I imagine you'll be alright here if you're a bartender. Too many people rely on this place for a good drink to hurt the serving staff."

Shadowcaller
2010-11-08, 04:20 PM
"I do have many years of experience, but this place is pretty different from my last inn, for one, there aren't only dragonborns in it for example." Ambrosia finishes her beer "Not that I had any experience with humans and zern's before obviously." She smiles, pausing a bit.

"But thanks, I really appreciate it Damon... you don't happen to know things I might need to deal with here though? What sort of people I mean?" She looks around the tavern a bit. "I mean, there are already some rather colorful characters around here."

Gnrlshrimp
2010-11-08, 04:35 PM
"Well, I don't really know the regulars here, but I guess it's pretty much the same as any old tavern, though our world seems to be rather unheard of here. And there's different dragons too...I guess you've just got to remember more types of drinks, and approach it with an open mind." That's about the best advice he can give, sadly.

You'll be fine anyway, I'm sure you will." Damon reaches over to give her a gentle pat on the back. "If I were you, I wouldn't try to chuck people out though, if things turn ugly. Just let it sort itself out. This place has fights so often, they must have some method for clearing up afterwards."

happyturtle
2010-11-08, 04:48 PM
"Catpeople? Don't think so. It's probably still there on it's little piece of river, or maybe one of the other lands nearby took over. I left before I got to see."

"You weren't here for the war then? They killed everyone. Razed whole villages. It was terrible." She says this without much emotion to her voice. 'It was terrible' seems to be simply stating a characteristic of the war, rather than her own feelings about it.

Murska
2010-11-08, 04:57 PM
"I can imagine... that's why I preferred being a diplomat." Nath sighs. "I don't like leading, but someone is going to do it and at least I can make sure as few die as possible."

"And then I go away."

Shadowcaller
2010-11-08, 04:57 PM
Ambrosia grins "Thanks for the advice Damon, I'm used to deal with things by hand after all, but am I just supposed to let things be? Won't the other customers mind? Nothing kills a inn's reputation like fights."

happyturtle
2010-11-08, 05:00 PM
"I can imagine... that's why I preferred being a diplomat." Nath sighs. "I don't like leading, but someone is going to do it and at least I can make sure as few die as possible."

"And then I go away."

"But now you aren't anything. Unimportant, like me." Xifra says.

Murska
2010-11-08, 05:02 PM
"It's nice, at least once in a while. But I can always make myself important if I want to or if it's needed. It's not the same for you." Nath looks a bit sad.

happyturtle
2010-11-08, 05:06 PM
She shudders visibly. "I'm not sure I could handle being important."

Gnrlshrimp
2010-11-08, 05:10 PM
Ambrosia grins "Thanks for the advice Damon, I'm used to deal with things by hand after all, but am I just supposed to let things be? Won't the other customers mind? Nothing kills a inn's reputation like fights."

"I think this place must thrive on having a reputation for fights then. There always seem to be plenty of people here." Damon nods at several nearby tables, full of NPCs. "Best that you just play it safe for now anyway, don't you think? I wouldn't want to see you get hurt."

Murska
2010-11-08, 05:11 PM
"You can be important without being noticeable. But being responsible for a lot is somewhat addicting as well as extremely tiring. That's my experience anyway.

...should ask around. Perhaps that coincides with personality types. Might help with resource allocation." *scribble scribble scribble*

Although most people tend to assume Nath's attention is not on them when he starts to do that, Xifra might realize that he never stops 'noticing' her.