PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon In The Playground [Poktip]

Innis Cabal
2010-11-06, 10:00 PM
The official tag for PokemonITP threads is simply PokeITP]. Put that on any threads for this.

Questions and answers:

What is PokeitP anyway?

PokeitP is a FFRP universe which is heavily influenced (read: alternate version of the universe of) by the Japanese manga/anime/video game sensation Pokemon.

Okay, but how is it different from, say, the Town or ACRONYM?

It differs in several important ways.
First, it is a lot more uniform that the Town and ACRONYM. Pokeitp has trainers, breeders and any other profession that might exist in the Pokemon World as opposed to sniper kitties and other things like that.
Second, the plot of PokeitP is going to be more directed. There are the good, the bad, and the ugly, and they are mostly organised. As such, most plots and stuff will be interwoven into one big plot. Or at least that's the intention.
Third, PokeitP is NOT in any way connected to the Town, at least not in the way ACRONYM is. i.e. you cannot have a character travel between the two. If you want a character in PokeitP, it is for PokeitP. You can have a version of the same character for both ACRO/Town and PokeitP, but they are different characters, their stories do not mix what so ever.

How do I start?

Well, you want to post a character in this thread, and the character registry when it goes up, so everyone can find information on your character and so people can give you helpful criticism on it.
To prevent a pattern that is all too easy to fall into, it's good to point out the fact that passive actions don't tend to get much attention.
With that in mind, make a post and begin!

There are rules, right?

Yes, there are.
Firstly, no godmodding (or godmoding). A far better explanation of godmodding than I can give is here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1633965&postcount=5)
Second, please remember that we plan to have a far more directed plot than ACRO or the Town. Please run any major spanners in the works past guys on this thread first.
Third, don't ruin anyone else's fun. I can't stress this enough.
Fourth, have fun!

What the hell is going on?

This game takes place in the Pokemon world, encompassing the regions of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh. More regions in the cointnent these regions exist may open up but Isshu for the time being is not open for RP, nor are any of their pokemon. The story takes place four years after the events of Platinum in an alternate time line. No characters from the video games, anime or otherwise exist in our setting. To keep the area players will be playing in small, a new region will open up and be fleshed out by the players themselves. Assume that wild pokemon of this region can be found anywhere else in the Pokemon world for ease of convenience

New Region
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u131/Tebryn_Cabal/Pokemon_World_Map_by_Cadellin-1.png

This area is known as Chugo and Shiku-The Twin Region, a relatively large tract of land on the mainland of the pokemon world. The region is home to much of the pokemon from the Kanto/Jhoto region and the Hoenn region. With recent trade and the surge of travel between the mainland and Sinnoh, more Sinnoh specific pokemon have emerged. Chugo and Shiku are rather rural and as such, are only slowly starting to look like its brother and sister regions. Many small towns exist in the region, as well as eight major city centers. Unlike many regions, the region of Chugo and Shiku does not have an Elite Four and is only now forming their Pokemon Leauge. The influx of trade and travel promises to bring the Twin Region great prosperity in the future years to come.

Not a terribly enlightening history overview, but I'm leaving a lot of it to be determined by the players as a whole beyond a few basic guidelines of...

- All cities exist as they do in the games, as do all Gym’s and the Elite Fours of each region (Kanto and Jhoto are still linked). Due to the state of the game,
-Legendary Pokemon exist in our world, but much like Pokemon Adventures
-Smaller towns and cities exist where they need to. Not all of the region in which Kanto and Jhoto are part of have been explored, and thus are free to be populated with minor towns until those area’s can be explored.
-There is a criminal organization similar to Team Rocket or any other Villainous team exists. There could even be several if the plot allows it.
-This is alternate universe, the canon characters do NOT exist.

Anything else can be determined as the game goes on and will be added to that summary as it becomes relevant.

New and Improved (but loose) Rules v.1.1!
These "rules" are more loose guidelines that serve another FFRPG very well so I adopted them into this one, because they work.

Consider asking to join in fights before jumping in.
Please respect that all plots might not be open. Alternatively, if you yourself want to keep a fight cordoned off from other participants, say so in the OOC, at the beginning of your post, or both.
TALK major fights over with your opponent!
This is to keep arguments about who's the better fighter, who should win, blablablablabla, out of the OOC. Of course, talk these things over in PM, or some kind of IM service. While arguments might break out over said PM/IM... It keeps it out of the OOC. Which is what we're trying to do here. On that note...
Don't argue in the OOC!
They make the atmosphere oppressive, they make things less fun, and generally unpleasant and maybe even make the arguments larger than they need be. So, if you have a problem with someone, try to talk it out in PM or IM before using the OOC.

These guidelines/loose rules might be viable to change or be added on to as issues come up, but the bases are covered pretty well.

Character Creation Template

Sample
Name: Takeshi
Home Region: Hoenn
Pokemon On Hand: (This is the area you would put what pokemon you most often use in game. You can have more though see below)- Eevee, Lavitar, Sentret
Height: 5’ 7’’
Birthdate: December 14th
Blood Type: O
Profession: Trainer

Personality: N/A

Description: N/A

Pokemon in Reserve: Ponyta, Beldum

That said, have a ball!

Maxios
2010-11-06, 10:05 PM
This could be interesting. I think I'll join.

Falgorn
2010-11-06, 10:05 PM
Yes?
Yes. I'm interested.

horngeek
2010-11-06, 10:08 PM
Hmmm. Possible interest. Maybe as one of the Gym leaders.

Viera Champion
2010-11-06, 10:13 PM
I would lime to point out that this has been done before. Not saying that should mean anything to you, just letting you just in case it does.

Also, I am in. I was in the last one.

IonDragon
2010-11-06, 10:21 PM
Maybe interest. Mostly depending on the rules. I'm also kinda behind on the newer generations of Poke'mon so I may be mostly Generation III and before as long as that's not a problem.

Innis Cabal
2010-11-06, 10:29 PM
I would lime to point out that this has been done before. Not saying that should mean anything to you, just letting you just in case it does.

Also, I am in. I was in the last one.

It's not running now is it? So I don't see why it'd change much.

Viera Champion
2010-11-06, 10:31 PM

Just lettin you know.

Innis Cabal
2010-11-07, 02:10 AM
I see....

Anyway. The idea was a Free Form (Hence the location) Pokemon game in the world. We won't be using Isshu or any Gen 5 stuff since the game isn't out in America. I have some storyline stuff planned in my head, but we'll see how it all goes if we get more people etc. Gym Leaders and stuff...we'll see how many people we get honestly.

Falgorn
2010-11-07, 10:16 AM
I see....

Anyway. The idea was a Free Form (Hence the location) Pokemon game in the world. We won't be using Isshu or any Gen 5 stuff since the game isn't out in America. I have some storyline stuff planned in my head, but we'll see how it all goes if we get more people etc. Gym Leaders and stuff...we'll see how many people we get honestly.

We wouldn't have to be trainers, would we? Could we just be a wandering Pokemon?

Rae Artemi
2010-11-07, 10:38 AM
Depending on the setting/rules and stuff, I may be interested.

IcemanJRC
2010-11-07, 11:29 AM
Interest, definitely interested...

Lillith
2010-11-07, 12:05 PM
Sounds pretty cool. How much pokemon are we allowed to have? I'll have to start choosing.

Innis Cabal
2010-11-07, 02:57 PM
We wouldn't have to be trainers, would we? Could we just be a wandering Pokemon?

No, you'd have to be humans. That doesn't mean you have to be trainers, but you can't be pokemon.

Sounds pretty cool. How much pokemon are we allowed to have? I'll have to start choosing.

Depends on what your character is meant to be. I'll get the rules written up tonight.

horngeek
2010-11-07, 03:00 PM
I imagine the 'only six with you at all times' rule applies.

Unless one of the pokemon is helping you get around a disability. I had the idea of a paraplegic pokemon trainer who was carried around by his Grotle.

Viera Champion
2010-11-07, 03:07 PM
Okay, so I'm currently planning on bringing back my character from the last RP.

He had two sibling Eevee:
Sol was the boy, and Luna was the girl.

Oh and he befriended and obtained a stubborn ponyta that really liked him after he returned another ponyta that was lost, to some ponyta farm in the last RP. So yeah...

Oh and my character was also a family friend of the Nurse Joy family.

Innis Cabal
2010-11-07, 05:26 PM
The Rules are up. The new region, its cities and other information will be posted some time tonight.

Innis Cabal
2010-11-07, 05:53 PM
The Twin Region

Chugo:

Cities: Toku City
Oda City
Hideyo City
Uesu City
Maed City
Shimazu City

Shiku: Shiku is the smaller of the two parts of the region and is dominated by a massive mountain range that divides the island into a northern and eastern sub-region. A massive river cuts itself from the tip to the bottom of the region known as the Ashigha River. The two major cities that make their home on the island of Shiku are Romun and Remun City which are built into the mountain range of North and South Shiku respectively. Both supply their respective sub regions with electricity and share a massive hydroelectric plant that also acts as a filtration system for the river as well. Both cities are fairly developed and a large bridge that spans the river and mountain divide allows trade and travel between the two regions. The northern subsection of Shiku holds two large towns, the town of Milo which acts as a sleepy port between the island and the mainland, and the town of Thespis which sits at the bottom of the northern mountain face and acts as a gateway up to Romun City. The Southern sub region has Hanni Town, a winding and sprawled out urban center that has seen growth in the mining industry. The Mountain itself that dominates Shiku is known as the Inu Mountains, and legend holds that it was created when a powerful beastial pokemon of old tramped the plans into a den for its children. The Inu Mountains are home to many caves and cavern complexes which have been known to be filled with iron and other metals.

Cities: Romun City (Romulus)
Remun City (Remus

Towns: MiloTown
Thespis Town
Hanni Town

The Chugo Region is based on Chugoku, a region of Japan at the very tail end of Honshu. Shiku is based on the island of Shikoku which holds relation to it's physical locaction on the above map. Cities names of the Chugo region are named after famous Daimyo of the Sengoku Period while towns are named after historical Japanese actors and other such trades. Shiku cities are named clearly after the mythical founders of Rome, as does the creation story of the Shiku region itself hold parallels. The towns of the Shiku region are named after famous athletes, generals and actors of Roman and Greek antiquity (Though Hannibal was Carthaginian...whose gonna say anything?)

IcemanJRC
2010-11-07, 06:07 PM
Name: Art
Home Region: Twin
Pokemon On Hand: Kangaskhan, Wailord, Tangrowth, Aggron
Height: 6’ 5’’
Birthdate: September 20th
Blood Type: AB-

Personality: Art is a gentle giant, he is kind and social contrary to his imposing form. He also holds a fondness for large pokemon and his team is built as such.

Description: Broad framed and well muscled, Art is massive. His muscles are powerful and sizable, his height is imposing but he is truly a gentle giant. HJis features are kind and his eyes are soft. He wears a pair of fitted black pants and a long-sleeved, gray, button down shirt. Also a black snow cap and gray sneakers. He carries supplies in a courier bag.

Pokemon in Reserve: Hipppowdon, Ursaring, Mamoswine

Here's a character. Thoughts?

Rae Artemi
2010-11-07, 06:39 PM
Name: Shirri
Pokemon On Hand: Torchic, Hoppip, Luxio
Height: 4'2
Birthdate: August 21
Blood Type: B+

Personality: Shirri is best described as mousy. She is usually quiet, and shies away from danger. Don't let that fool you though, she has a head for pokemon, and has beaten quite a few people who have seriously underestimated her.

Description: She is a very small girl, and is often teased about it. She is very thin and frail-looking, without much visible muscle. She has shoulder length brown hair which is often in a ponytail. She often wears long shirts, though she has a few pairs of pants for the occasions when a skirt is inappropriate, and she always wears long sleeve shirts.
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6882/shirri.png

Pokemon in Reserve: none

I think this should work. Roleplaying a character who is basically the opposite of me should be fun too.

Falgorn
2010-11-07, 07:25 PM
Name: Vaun
Home Region: Kanto
Pokemon on hand: Machop, Ghastly, Onix
Height: 4' 11
Birthdate: July 20
Blood Type: A+

Personality:
A non-talkative type of person, usually saves his emotion for Pokemon battles. He really, really likes Pokemon battles, and he dreams of conquering every gym in the continent. Due to his lack of people skills, he usually comes across as cold and mean, but he means well. He values his Pokemon more than anything, andd will do nearly anything for them.

Description:
Vaun is near average height, given his age. He has long arms, but a smaller body. His hair is a dyed red, that is, a dark-cherry color. His skin is light, and often covered by a pair of glasses. He often wears shortsleeve shirts with a brown pairs of cargo pants, as those are the only pants he has in his backpack.

Pokemon in reserve: None.

horngeek
2010-11-07, 07:29 PM
Hmmm. I'm tempted to RP a trainer just starting out... who has a Ralts as their first pokemon. :smalltongue:

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-07, 07:31 PM
Ooooooh..... This looks cool. Could I play a actual pokemon instead of a trainer?

horngeek
2010-11-07, 07:32 PM
Ooooooh..... This looks cool. Could I play a actual pokemon instead of a trainer?

This has been answered as no.

Innis Cabal
2010-11-07, 07:39 PM
Name: Art
Home Region: Twin
Pokemon On Hand: Kangaskhan, Wailord, Tangrowth, Aggron
Height: 6’ 5’’
Birthdate: September 20th
Blood Type: AB-

Personality: Art is a gentle giant, he is kind and social contrary to his imposing form. He also holds a fondness for large pokemon and his team is built as such.

Description: Broad framed and well muscled, Art is massive. His muscles are powerful and sizable, his height is imposing but he is truly a gentle giant. HJis features are kind and his eyes are soft. He wears a pair of fitted black pants and a long-sleeved, gray, button down shirt. Also a black snow cap and gray sneakers. He carries supplies in a courier bag.

Pokemon in Reserve: Hipppowdon, Ursaring, Mamoswine

Here's a character. Thoughts?

Those are alot of bigguns :smalleek: though it seems fine if your going to say he's not just a starting trainer, considering those are all evolutions (Save the one who can't evolve). Two of them are even third evolutions. Have you considered perhaps a Gym leader or something similar instead?

Name: Shirri
Pokemon On Hand: Torchic, Hoppip, Luxio
Height: 4'2
Birthdate: August 21

Personality: Shirri is best described as mousy. She is usually quiet, and shies away from danger. Don't let that fool you though, she has a head for pokemon, and has beaten quite a few people who have seriously underestimated her.

Description: She is a very small girl, and is often teased about it. She is very thin and frail-looking, without much visible muscle. She has shoulder length brown hair which is often in a ponytail. She often wears long shirts, though she has a few pairs of pants for the occasions when a skirt is inappropriate, and she always wears long sleeve shirts.

Pokemon in Reserve: none

I think this should work. Roleplaying a character who is basically the opposite of me should be fun too.

Looks fine to me.

Name: Vaun
Pokemon on hand: Machop, Ghastly, Onix
Height: 4' 11
Birthdate: July 20
Blood Type: A+

Personality:
A non-talkative type of person, usually saves his emotion for Pokemon battles. He really, really likes Pokemon battles, and he dreams of conquering every gym in the continent. Due to his lack of people skills, he usually comes across as cold and mean, but he means well. He values his Pokemon more than anything, andd will do nearly anything for them.

Description:
Vaun is near average height, given his age. He has long arms, but a smaller body. His hair is a dyed red, that is, a dark-cherry color. His skin is light, and often covered by a pair of glasses. He often wears shortsleeve shirts with a brown pairs of cargo pants, as those are the only pants he has in his backpack.

Pokemon in reserve: None.

Also looks fine to me

The answer on that would be no, you have to play a human.

IcemanJRC
2010-11-07, 07:49 PM
Those are alot of bigguns :smalleek: though it seems fine if your going to say he's not just a starting trainer, considering those are all evolutions (Save the one who can't evolve). Two of them are even third evolutions. Have you considered perhaps a Gym leader or something similar instead?

I was actually thinking of asking about making him a gym leader. So yes. Can he be a gym leader? I figured the age range would be a good enough hint to tell you he's a veteran, four years older than most starting trainers after all.

Maxios
2010-11-07, 08:13 PM
Name: Baxtero
Pokemon On Hand: Pikachu, Charmander
Birthdate: June 29
Blood Type: A

Personality: Brave, Sarcastic

Description: Jet Black hair, red jacket with blue shirt beneath. Gray Eyes

Pokemon in Reserve: Treecko

Viera Champion
2010-11-07, 08:32 PM
Name: Lucas
Home: Chugu & Shiku
Pokémon (name in parentheses): Male Eevee (Sol), Female Eevee (Luna), Male Ponyta (Flash)
Height: 4' 6"

Personality: Lucas is young and childish. He cries a lot, especially hen he doesn't get his way. But he loved his pokémon. Sol and Luna have been his best Frieda since he was a baby.

Description: Blonde hair, blue eyes. You know. He wears blue jeans and a t-shirt. He has that stereotypical little kid look. He almost looks like he would be more at home with a Teddy bear in his arms. He is a cute kid, seriously. Anyways, he also wears his favorite watch, it's shaped like a pikachu head.

Misc.: He is a family friend of the Nurse Joy family. Luna (the female eevee) wears a blue bow in her hair.

Innis Cabal
2010-11-07, 09:04 PM
I was actually thinking of asking about making him a gym leader. So yes. Can he be a gym leader? I figured the age range would be a good enough hint to tell you he's a veteran, four years older than most starting trainers after all.

That's fine with me. I'll have the rest of the info up tomorrow for you then.

Name: Baxtero
Pokemon On Hand: Pikachu, Charmander
Birthdate: June 29
Blood Type: A

Personality: Brave, Sarcastic

Description: Jet Black hair, red jacket with blue shirt beneath. Gray Eyes

Pokemon in Reserve: Treecko

Name: Lucas
Home: Chugu & Shiku
Pokémon (name in parentheses): Male Eevee (Sol), Female Eevee (Luna), Male Ponyta (Flash)
Height: 4' 6"

Personality: Lucas is young and childish. He cries a lot, especially hen he doesn't get his way. But he loved his pokémon. Sol and Luna have been his best Frieda since he was a baby.

Description: Blonde hair, blue eyes. You know. He wears blue jeans and a t-shirt

Misc.: He is a family friend of the Nurse Joy family. Luna (the female eevee) wears a blue bow in her hair.

Can you guys give a little more description? Like several other characters...a few words in each area doesn't really make a character.

IcemanJRC
2010-11-07, 09:15 PM
Thanks you very much...

IonDragon
2010-11-07, 11:30 PM
Can anyone think of a practical way to use Wailmer and later Wailord out side of the ocean or large bodies of water?

I'm going for a 'heavy' themed team, but I'm thinking wailord would be about as useful as... a beached whale.

lord pringle
2010-11-08, 12:28 AM
well. I did this last time so...
I'm bringing dear darling Vladdy boy back and a new character (will be up later)!

Sample
Name: Vlad Darkraiborn (Darkrai)
Home Region: Sinnoh
Pokemon On Hand: Smergle, Ditto, Clefairy, Togepi
Height: 5’ 3’’
Birthdate: October 31st
Blood Type: B- (the pure essence of shadows)
Personality: A weak timid boy until he becomes possessed by Darkrai and then he becomes cruel, calculating and manipulative. He has a problem of frequently being possesed by darkrai.
Description: Black jeans and a white shirt. He will not wear a hat no matter what.

Hey I'll go tell drifter!

Lillith
2010-11-08, 07:05 AM
As an ex Gym leader how many Pokemon is this char allowed to have in storage?

Name: Sakura
Home Region: Johto
Pokemon On Hand: Charizard, Gyarados, Skitty, Roserade, Luxray, Espeon
Height: 175 cm
Birthdate: 15th of July
Blood Type: O+
Profession: Ex Gym leader

Personality: Sakura has a powerful, headstrong personality and likes a challenge. She is friendly to those she meets and will help when asked. When meeting younger, inexperienced trainers, she'll most likely take them under her wing and try to guide them into improving themselves. She loves her Pokemon with all her heart and knows when to give up a battle to keep them from getting hurt. She is very confident of herself, while still knowing her limits. Doesn't mean she doesn't like to brag a bit.

Description: Sakura used to be a gym leader in Johto, but unlike most trainers her gym wasn't focused on a specific type, but on a specific battle technique. She was well known for her combinations of double Pokemon battles and having teams that together made it a difficult challenge for her opponents to beat her and win the Double Badge.
In the past Sakura had participated in the regional Pokemon League but didn't make it past the 14th place. She later decided that she'd rather spend her time at her mothers gym and would later take her place as the gym leader.
However after ten years Sakura started to get bored of her gym fights and felt like finding a real challenge. Leaving the gym to her brother Aaron, she decided to continue her journey as a trainer and her goal is becoming the winner of the Pokemon League.
Looks: She has long dark purple shoulder length hair that she wears loose. Her forehead is hidden behind bangs and she has bright blue eyes. She wears a long red overcoat, with black leather boots and pants. Under her coat she wears a white blouse. Her Pokeballs are strapped to her belt. While not looking like she's been training herself, Sakura looks like a lean strong woman who won't be pushed around.

Pokemon in Reserve: Have to wait till answer for this one.

(If my on hand team is too powerful I don't mind devolving a couple down a few levels, except Gyarados :smallmad: I kind of went with my favorites from each game and made a team out of them. :smallbiggrin: Thought that if she'd be an ex Gym Leader her pokemon might be a bit more powerful then normal. Also I figured that perhaps if she has a lot of pokemon she won't be focusing on catching them, more on training those she already has and getting badges.)

Innis Cabal
2010-11-08, 12:54 PM
Thanks you very much...

Welcome, more info here today

Can anyone think of a practical way to use Wailmer and later Wailord out side of the ocean or large bodies of water?

I'm going for a 'heavy' themed team, but I'm thinking wailord would be about as useful as... a beached whale.

Not really...Wailord is just way to big to fit in any building not made for it.

well. I did this last time so...
I'm bringing dear darling Vladdy boy back and a new character (will be up later)!

Sample
Name: Vlad Darkraiborn (Darkrai)
Home Region: Sinnoh
Pokemon On Hand: Smergle, Ditto, Clefairy, Togepi
Height: 5’ 3’’
Birthdate: October 31st
Blood Type: B- (the pure essence of shadows)
Personality: A weak timid boy until he becomes possessed by Darkrai and then he becomes cruel, calculating and manipulative. He has a problem of frequently being possesed by darkrai.
Description: Black jeans and a white shirt. He will not wear a hat no matter what.

Hey I'll go tell drifter!

Unfortunately there are no legendaries allowed.

As an ex Gym leader how many Pokemon is this char allowed to have in storage?

Profession: Ex Gym leader

Personality: Sakura has a powerful, headstrong personality and likes a challenge. She is friendly to those she meets and will help when asked. When meeting younger, inexperienced trainers, she'll most likely take them under her wing and try to guide them into improving themselves. She loves her Pokemon with all her heart and knows when to give up a battle to keep them from getting hurt. She is very confident of herself, while still knowing her limits. Doesn't mean she doesn't like to brag a bit.

Description: Sakura used to be a gym leader in Johto, but unlike most trainers her gym wasn't focused on a specific type, but on a specific battle technique. She was well known for her combinations of double Pokemon battles and having teams that together made it a difficult challenge for her opponents to beat her and win the Double Badge.
In the past Sakura had participated in the regional Pokemon League but didn't make it past the 14th place. She later decided that she'd rather spend her time at her mothers gym and would later take her place as the gym leader.
However after ten years Sakura started to get bored of her gym fights and felt like finding a real challenge. Leaving the gym to her brother Aaron, she decided to continue her journey as a trainer and her goal is becoming the winner of the Pokemon League.
Looks: She has long dark purple shoulder length hair that she wears loose. Her forehead is hidden behind bangs and she has bright blue eyes. She wears a long red overcoat, with black leather boots and pants. Under her coat she wears a white blouse. Her Pokeballs are strapped to her belt. While not looking like she's been training herself, Sakura looks like a lean strong woman who won't be pushed around.

Pokemon in Reserve: Have to wait till answer for this one.

(If my on hand team is too powerful I don't mind devolving a couple down a few levels, except Gyarados :smallmad: I kind of went with my favorites from each game and made a team out of them. :smallbiggrin: Thought that if she'd be an ex Gym Leader her pokemon might be a bit more powerful then normal. Also I figured that perhaps if she has a lot of pokemon she won't be focusing on catching them, more on training those she already has and getting badges.)

1. Quite a few, though remember if your coming fro, a Gym from a region they have to follow a theme of something (at least 4 of them do)

2. Looks good otherwise.

As an aside, the above is pretty much the sort of thing we're looking for for a character write up.

Mina Kobold
2010-11-08, 02:29 PM

I do believe it is running in another sub-forum (i think it was something about it being heavily based on video-game rules).

Anyway, Anyone remember what region Ash is originally from? Since i have played a total of three Pokémon games (including Mystery Dungeon) and only one to the end (Ruby) I have so little knowledge about Pokémon that I think it will be safest to play a starter :smallredface::smallsmile:

And I really liked the first season of the anime so I know a tiny bit more about that region (Except the name :smalltongue:)

Innis Cabal
2010-11-08, 02:31 PM
That'd be Kanto. And it's not received our groups treatment and is another persons game so...they'll just have to share I suppose.

Lillith
2010-11-08, 02:47 PM
1. Quite a few, though remember if your coming fro, a Gym from a region they have to follow a theme of something (at least 4 of them do)
Well I wanted to make the theme 'double battle'. Or maybe like 'random'. Something they did in the Orange Islands, what with the disc shooting and Charizard and Pikachu having to battle together. But yeah I wanted to have a battle oriented gym, not a type oriented gym. :smallbiggrin:

Innis Cabal
2010-11-08, 04:09 PM
That sounds more like Battle Frontier stuff to me to be fully honest with you Lilith. Which is fine if you want to be an Ex-Frontier Brain. I'd have no problem with that. The only Gym we see in any game that doesn't have a theme is Viridian in Gold/Silver and it's remakes and that's because the Gym Leader is Blue.

Lillith
2010-11-08, 04:14 PM
That sounds more like Battle Frontier stuff to me to be fully honest with you Lilith. Which is fine if you want to be an Ex-Frontier Brain. I'd have no problem with that. The only Gym we see in any game that doesn't have a theme is Viridian in Gold/Silver and it's remakes and that's because the Gym Leader is Blue.

Hmmm, I'm not very familiar with Frontier brains. Are they like Gym leaders?

Rae Artemi
2010-11-08, 04:15 PM
Hmmm, I'm not very familiar with Frontier brains. Are they like Gym leaders?

Frontier brains. (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Frontier_Brain)

Mina Kobold
2010-11-08, 04:18 PM
Gotta catch 'em all! But I better start with one :smalltongue:

Name: Hito
Pokémon On Hand: Charmander (Lucius)
Height: 5'3"
Birthdate: 12th of May

Personality: Hito is a the new flame kid in town (erh, region) and not one to just be pushed around! He is determined to become the best and will let nothing but candy and sight-seeing delay his trip! Like all great trainers he love his Pokémon and aims to befriend many more for his hot-blooded team! He also seem to have no indoor voice, but who needs one!?

Description: Orange and black jeans in a flame motif, a dark red shirt with a stylised ember on it and a ridiculously large (but not as dark) red coat that he wear as a cape to finish the picture! The cliché is carried over to his hair which is equally redder than should be possible for hair and as spiky as fire itself!

Pokémon in Reserve: None so far but soon to come!

Good? =3

Rae Artemi
2010-11-08, 04:20 PM

Personality: Hito is a the new flame kid in town (erh, region) and not one to just push around! He is determined to become the best and will let nothing but candy and sight-seeing delay his trip! Like all great trainers he love his Pokémon and aims to befriend many more for his hot-blooded team! He also seem to have no indoor voice, but who needs one!?

Description: Orange and black jeans in a flame motif, a dark red shirt with a stylised ember on it and a ridiculously large (but not as dark) red coat that he wear as a cape to finish the picture! The cliché is carried over to his hair which is equally redder than should be possible for hair and as spiky as fire itself!

Good? =3

The only thing I can see that is odd about it is that most people start their pokemon journey at age 10, but besides that it looks good.

Innis Cabal
2010-11-08, 04:27 PM

Personality: Hito is a the new flame kid in town (erh, region) and not one to just be pushed around! He is determined to become the best and will let nothing but candy and sight-seeing delay his trip! Like all great trainers he love his Pokémon and aims to befriend many more for his hot-blooded team! He also seem to have no indoor voice, but who needs one!?

Good? =3

Nope, it's utter rubbish. :smalltongue:

Course it's good.

Lillith
2010-11-08, 04:35 PM
Made some changes. Hope this is okay?
Profession: Ex Frontier Brain

Description: Sakura used to be a Frontier in Hoenn, her Battle Theater was focused on a specific battle technique. She was well known for her combinations of double Pokemon battles and having teams that together made it a difficult challenge for her opponents to beat her and win the Gold or Silver Strategy Symbol.
In the past Sakura had participated in the regional Pokemon League but didn't make it past the 14th place. She later decided that she'd rather spend her time at her mothers Battle Theater and would later take her place as the Battle Theater Frontier Brain.
However after ten years Sakura started to get bored of her gym fights and felt like finding a real challenge. Leaving the Battle Theater to her brother Aaron, she decided to continue her journey as a trainer and her goal is becoming the winner of the Pokemon League.

Pokemon in Reserve: Dragonair, Absol, Milotic, Vulpix, Natu, Grovyle, Ralts, Sealeo, Skarmory, Machoke, Nidorina, Mothim, Mismagius, Flaafy and Gible.

Misc.: Sakura has entered a couple of Pokemon contests with Milotic, Skitty and Espeon.
Sakura isn't really looking out to catching Pokemon anymore. She has her own group of Pokemon that she's happy with and rather trains them.
Due to her position as an ex Frontier Brain, Sakura has tried her best to have at least one Pokemon of every type. This to make a lot of combo's to make a challenge for her opponents.

Motto: Easier isn't per say better.
Warning: Don't call her 'old' or 'grandma'.

Innis Cabal
2010-11-08, 05:52 PM
Made some changes. Hope this is okay?
Profession: Ex Frontier Brain

Description: Sakura used to be a Frontier in Hoenn, her Battle Theater was focused on a specific battle technique. She was well known for her combinations of double Pokemon battles and having teams that together made it a difficult challenge for her opponents to beat her and win the Gold or Silver Strategy Symbol.
In the past Sakura had participated in the regional Pokemon League but didn't make it past the 14th place. She later decided that she'd rather spend her time at her mothers Battle Theater and would later take her place as the Battle Theater Frontier Brain.
However after ten years Sakura started to get bored of her gym fights and felt like finding a real challenge. Leaving the Battle Theater to her brother Aaron, she decided to continue her journey as a trainer and her goal is becoming the winner of the Pokemon League.

Pokemon in Reserve: Dragonair, Absol, Milotic, Vulpix, Natu, Grovyle, Ralts, Sealeo, Skarmory, Machoke, Nidorina, Mothim, Mismagius, Flaafy and Gible.

Misc.: Sakura has entered a couple of Pokemon contests with Milotic, Skitty and Espeon.
Sakura isn't really looking out to catching Pokemon anymore. She has her own group of Pokemon that she's happy with and rather trains them.
Due to her position as an ex Frontier Brain, Sakura has tried her best to have at least one Pokemon of every type. This to make a lot of combo's to make a challenge for her opponents.

Motto: Easier isn't per say better.
Warning: Don't call her 'old' or 'grandma'.

Like's fine to me

Silverraptor
2010-11-08, 06:14 PM
My gosh. You really suprised me with this one, Innis.:smallbiggrin: Are there going to be pokemon rangers in this world by any chance?

Innis Cabal
2010-11-08, 06:20 PM
Really? Why was it a surprise?

And probably? I don't see why there couldn't be.

Silverraptor
2010-11-08, 06:27 PM
Really? Why was it a surprise?

And probably? I don't see why there couldn't be.

It was the last thing I was expecting.:smalltongue:

And Yay!:smallbiggrin: Opportunities are open!

lord pringle
2010-11-09, 12:19 AM
But he doesn't have any legendary powers...

The Alexandrian
2010-11-09, 02:24 AM
Extremely interested in this concept. Pokemon was one of my favorite shows until Brock and Misty left.

Name: Danubi "Dan" Osaka
Pokemon On Hand: Growlithe (1st Pokemon encountered wounded in Kanto and raised back to health), Slowpoke (encountered near a beach and befriended), Scyther (a gift from the gang but bonded to him from his treatment), Porygon (same story as Scyther's), Duskull (encountered in the graveyard where Dan would periodically go to mourn his mother's death and it eventually followed him home)
Height: 5’ 8’’
Birthdate: March 17
Profession: (Rival)Trainer

Personality: Extremely bold in his fighting style and consistently a haughty jerk. He seems to have quite a cynical worldview that sees death as a necessity and power as a must. Though quite witty and blunt in his nature, he comes across as abrasive due to his personality on multiple occasions. Though he is intelligent, he is rather ineffectual when it comes to explaining a concept to another, seeing as his rather in-depth explanations are overly-complicated in most situations. Dan possesses quite the superiority complex and will not hesitate to fight someone who he believes has insulted his honor alongside his Pokemon. He does have a soft side as can be observed from the treatment of his Pokemon, but he is rather protective of it and denies that fact. He seems to push away other humans for his protection and that of the other party and totes some literature with him to take the place of human companions. On rare occasions, he betrays the secrecy of his true feelings towards the world through his kindness, generosity, and compassion. He is very sensitive about the death of his mother and other such elements of his past.

Physical Description: Black-haired and brown eyed. He is of a mesomorph build and is as healthy as a boy his age should be. His hair generally stands on end and faintly resembles Lieutenant Surge's hairstyle. He possesses a strength just above average for a male of his age, as is suggested by the state of his core muscles and biceps. He wears a pair of black jeans and a black shirt covered by a gray trench coat. He wears polished black boots with a spiffy black fedora. He hauls an oversized black rucksack with him everywhere he goes packed with ample supplies and wears training weights on his shoulders, arms, and legs, though these weights are rather light only amounting to about twenty pounds total.

Background: The boy is rather secretive about his background and will let it be known that he has had a mother and father, only the father is still alive. He was raised in a rather bad area of town because his stately ancestral home was located there and eventually was forced to join a Kanto gang at 13, but his father moved to this new region which allowed him to break away from it. He took to reading heavily as soon as he could in an attempt to escape his reality, but his desires of what reality should be like and what it truly is led him to become dissatisfied with it even more.

Pokemon in Reserve: None

Would this suffice as a decent character in this Poke-world? It has been a long time since I have watched the series so I might be quite rusty in what needs to go into a Pokemon character (tried to model him off of an emotionally stressed version of Gary Oak).

Mina Kobold
2010-11-09, 01:36 PM
The only thing I can see that is odd about it is that most people start their pokemon journey at age 10, but besides that it looks good.

I forgot that, kids in the Pokeworld are tall.

Will change it.

Nope, it's utter rubbish. :smalltongue:

Course it's good.

Nooooo!

Phew, you scared me for a second there :smalltongue:

Innis Cabal
2010-11-09, 02:01 PM
But he doesn't have any legendary powers...

It's still a legendary Pokemon, which arn't allowed as stated on the first page/first post. There's also no reason seemingly for him to be possesed. Why is this one child posessed by Darkrai as opposed to a Gengar or a Haunter or another Ghost type Pokemon? Why does it have to be a Legendary. There's no good reason stated for it. So...I'll repeat no Legendary Pokemon.

Extremely interested in this concept. Pokemon was one of my favorite shows until Brock and Misty left.

Name: Danubi "Dan" Osaka
Pokemon On Hand: Growlithe (1st Pokemon encountered wounded in Kanto and raised back to health), Slowpoke (encountered near a beach and befriended), Scyther (a gift from the gang but bonded to him from his treatment), Porygon (same story as Scyther's), Duskull (encountered in the graveyard where Dan would periodically go to mourn his mother's death and it eventually followed him home)
Height: 5’ 8’’
Birthdate: March 17
Profession: (Rival)Trainer

Personality: Extremely bold in his fighting style and consistently a haughty jerk. He seems to have quite a cynical worldview that sees death as a necessity and power as a must. Though quite witty and blunt in his nature, he comes across as abrasive due to his personality on multiple occasions. Though he is intelligent, he is rather ineffectual when it comes to explaining a concept to another, seeing as his rather in-depth explanations are overly-complicated in most situations. Dan possesses quite the superiority complex and will not hesitate to fight someone who he believes has insulted his honor alongside his Pokemon. He does have a soft side as can be observed from the treatment of his Pokemon, but he is rather protective of it and denies that fact. He seems to push away other humans for his protection and that of the other party and totes some literature with him to take the place of human companions. On rare occasions, he betrays the secrecy of his true feelings towards the world through his kindness, generosity, and compassion. He is very sensitive about the death of his mother and other such elements of his past.

Physical Description: Black-haired and brown eyed. He is of a mesomorph build and is as healthy as a boy his age should be. His hair generally stands on end and faintly resembles Lieutenant Surge's hairstyle. He possesses a strength just above average for a male of his age, as is suggested by the state of his core muscles and biceps. He wears a pair of black jeans and a black shirt covered by a gray trench coat. He wears polished black boots with a spiffy black fedora. He hauls an oversized black rucksack with him everywhere he goes packed with ample supplies and wears training weights on his shoulders, arms, and legs, though these weights are rather light only amounting to about twenty pounds total.

Background: The boy is rather secretive about his background and will let it be known that he has had a mother and father, only the father is still alive. He was raised in a rather bad area of town because his stately ancestral home was located there and eventually was forced to join a Kanto gang at 13, but his father moved to this new region which allowed him to break away from it. He took to reading heavily as soon as he could in an attempt to escape his reality, but his desires of what reality should be like and what it truly is led him to become dissatisfied with it even more.

Pokemon in Reserve: None

Would this suffice as a decent character in this Poke-world? It has been a long time since I have watched the series so I might be quite rusty in what needs to go into a Pokemon character (tried to model him off of an emotionally stressed version of Gary Oak).

This indeed would suffice. Good description length and a good look at his mentality.

Will change it.

Nooooo!

Phew, you scared me for a second there :smalltongue:

Live in fear. Live. In. Fear.

Lillith
2010-11-09, 03:23 PM
So when do we start? :smallbiggrin:

Innis Cabal
2010-11-09, 03:25 PM
When I get the write up finished and various other things set aside. So this weekend more then likely.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-09, 03:31 PM

Will change it.

What are you talking about, tall? My character is 4'2". :p

Woodsman
2010-11-09, 03:43 PM
Ooh, ooh, I wanna join! Pick me, pick me! :smallbiggrin:

Hm. I have a thought as to something resembling a team. How do you feel about pseudo-legendaries (Dratini, Larvitar, Beldum, Bagon, Gible, and their evolutions)? I'm only asking for one (Larvitar).

Or, uh, maybe a past Champion dedicated to helping out newbies? He would rarely if ever battle.

Mina Kobold
2010-11-09, 03:54 PM
What are you talking about, tall? My character is 4'2". :p

The anime, when I watched it as a kid I thought they were at least fourteen.

Also, you sure that's a 12 year old? I think my cousin's taller than that, and she's nine. Emphasis on 'think' as I am not very good at determining people's height.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-09, 04:03 PM

Also, you sure that's a 12 year old? I think my cousin's taller than that, and she's nine. Emphasis on 'think' as I am not very good at determining people's height.

I know an eighteen year old who is 4'10, so it isn't impossible.

Oh, and I was four feet tall at age five, so you probably aren't wrong. I purposely made her small for her age, it's part of her backstory.

Innis Cabal
2010-11-09, 04:32 PM

I'm only 5'2 and way much older then you. Age=/=height :smalltongue:

IcemanJRC
2010-11-09, 04:35 PM

Traditionally there is a correlation. If minor. Anyways,

That's fine with me. I'll have the rest of the info up tomorrow for you then.

This was said in regards to Gym Leader-itude.

Just wondering if you've got that?

Innis Cabal
2010-11-09, 04:57 PM
The answer to that is no unfortunately. I work a 4 am job and sleep over took work of any real capacity. That statement is in regards to everything being done by the weekend since I have Thursday off.

IcemanJRC
2010-11-09, 05:01 PM
I see, I see... Hm... Well thanks anyway. Hm... Ellipsis are fun to write with, even if annoying to read...

Innis Cabal
2010-11-09, 05:11 PM
The cities will be finished first, so that should hopefully give you some insight on which Gym you want to make and where. Just a lot on my plate the next couple days.

IcemanJRC
2010-11-09, 05:18 PM
I understand, take your time.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-09, 05:56 PM
Oh, hey, I drew Shirri, so that I could get a better feel for exactly what she looked like, and figured I might as well post it here.

Mina Kobold
2010-11-10, 03:00 AM

It does in that age range, under normal biological rules for humans anyway.

But that might have been my error, thinking rules of nature have anything to do with this playerbase :smalltongue:

Lillith
2010-11-10, 04:47 AM
Oh, hey, I drew Shirri, so that I could get a better feel for exactly what she looked like, and figured I might as well post it here.

I absolutely love the Torchic. Makes me wanna try and draw my own character.

Innis Cabal
2010-11-10, 01:10 PM
It does in that age range, under normal biological rules for humans anyway.

But that might have been my error, thinking rules of nature have anything to do with this playerbase :smalltongue:

I wasn't much shorter around that age either :smalltongue:

And excuse me, I follow the rules of biology very very strictly. Need I remind you of...Kyo.

Mina Kobold
2010-11-10, 04:15 PM
I wasn't much shorter around that age either :smalltongue:

And excuse me, I follow the rules of biology very very strictly. Need I remind you of...Kyo.

I was, at the time I was shorter than both my parents (I think, I'm not good at remembering these things) and now I am taller than my dad, which means I am at least a head taller than I was back then.

No you don't. And I remember Kyo, I don't remember him doing anything that followed the laws of physics, not to speak of the laws of biology.

Innis Cabal
2010-11-10, 04:23 PM
I've grown 5 inches since the time I got to middle school to where I am today. So, it's not impossible.

And yes I most certainly do. Following real world biology or physics in a world where the very theory of evolution is turned on its head, let alone the rest of the pokemon world, biology gets to take a back seat and shush up because that ship has long since sailed. Let alone any setting that involves magic :smalltongue:

Rae Artemi
2010-11-10, 04:32 PM
I absolutely love the Torchic. Makes me wanna try and draw my own character.

Why thank you. The main reason it came out so well was that it was partially traced from the official art. :smalltongue:

Mina Kobold
2010-11-10, 04:53 PM
I've grown 5 inches since the time I got to middle school to where I am today. So, it's not impossible.

And yes I most certainly do. Following real world biology or physics in a world where the very theory of evolution is turned on its head, let alone the rest of the pokemon world, biology gets to take a back seat and shush up because that ship has long since sailed. Let alone any setting that involves magic :smalltongue:

It used to be. But we don't talk about why it isn't anymore.

It would ruin the drama :smalltongue:

I know the explanation for much of the differences are based in made-up science or magic (Well, chakra) in both the Poképeople and the Kyoperson cases. I just wish to know how. Here's how i see it:

Kyo: Utilising an energy source present in his world that can alter sveral laws of physics, no mystery.
Poképeople: Are taller than I expected, mystery!

Since I like both chakra and mysteries, it's win-win =D

EDIT: Psst, guys?

Where'd you all go?

The Alexandrian
2010-11-22, 03:40 PM
Are we still going to give this thing a shot? It has been inactive for some time now.

Mina Kobold
2010-11-23, 12:50 AM
Are we still going to give this thing a shot? It has been inactive for some time now.

I hope so, it looks like fun.

Lillith
2010-11-23, 05:34 AM
I don't think I've seen Innis in a while now. Could be he's a bit busy?

Innis Cabal
2010-11-23, 04:17 PM

It used to be. But we don't talk about why it isn't anymore.

It would ruin the drama :smalltongue:

I know the explanation for much of the differences are based in made-up science or magic (Well, chakra) in both the Poképeople and the Kyoperson cases. I just wish to know how. Here's how i see it:

Kyo: Utilising an energy source present in his world that can alter sveral laws of physics, no mystery.
Poképeople: Are taller than I expected, mystery!

Since I like both chakra and mysteries, it's win-win =D

EDIT: Psst, guys?

Where'd you all go?

I don't think I've seen Innis in a while now. Could be he's a bit busy?

This is the short and long of it folks. Still plan on doing it, just been insanely busy with the holidays/work/working on this.