PDA

View Full Version : Monster Hunter build

DoctorHobo
2010-11-06, 11:02 PM
I'm making a Leviathan Hunter (Stormwrack) and wanted to give him class features helpful for fighting big things. So far my pre-PrC levels are looking like this:

Rogue 2/Ranger 1/Barbarian 2

From this, I get the Rogue's Evasion (which I figure would be useful for breath attacks), the Barbarian's Rage and Uncanny Dodge, and the Ranger's... well, Favored Enemy so I can take the PrC.

Is this too much multiclassing? Should I just do a Ranger/Barbarian and shell out the 25k for a Ring of Evasion?

Yora
2010-11-07, 05:35 AM
Some people make characters with much more classes. If you think these classes fit your characters theme, go for it.

Darrin
2010-11-07, 08:07 AM
Rogue 2/Ranger 1/Barbarian 2

From this, I get the Rogue's Evasion (which I figure would be useful for breath attacks), the Barbarian's Rage and Uncanny Dodge, and the Ranger's... well, Favored Enemy so I can take the PrC.

Is this too much multiclassing? Should I just do a Ranger/Barbarian and shell out the 25k for a Ring of Evasion?

Ring of Evasion is a little too expensive. You can pick it up via Soulmeld instead. Two feats, Shape Soulmeld: Impulse Boots, and Open Least Chakra: Feet gets you both Uncanny Dodge and Evasion. You could also swap your two Rogue levels for Totemist 2, which gets you evasion (linked to your Totem chakra) and you can pick up Impulse Boots with Shape Soulmeld. There's a couple other soulmelds that can help your grapple checks, if you want to *rassle* big things.

There's an interesting quirk to Leviathan Hunter. You pick up Clever Wrestling as a bonus feat, regardless of your size, so this allows you to go into the much-reviled Reaping Mauler PrC and not lose your class abilities when you increase your size. While this makes Reaping Mauler slightly more playable... it's still a pretty lousy PrC for what it's supposed to do.