PDA

View Full Version : Woah. I just Time-Traveled.

Jokasti
2010-11-07, 01:04 AM
And not at that puny one second per second into the future time travel that everyone does. I just went back an hour. What are you going to do with your extra hour?

Helanna
2010-11-07, 01:09 AM
Writing, mostly. I'm about 4 days behind on NaNoWriMo.

But I'm really glad my sister reminded me about it a couple hours ago. I was planning on only getting about 3 hours of sleep tonight, but now maybe I'll get 4! :smallbiggrin:

Cobra_Ikari
2010-11-07, 01:13 AM

But I'm really glad my sister reminded me about it a couple hours ago. I was planning on only getting about 3 hours of sleep tonight, but now maybe I'll get 4! :smallbiggrin:

Not if you stay up to write and hang out in the playground. *hands pillow and blanket, shoos to bed* :smalltongue:

golentan
2010-11-07, 01:23 AM
I, for one, will use the extra hour to catch up on the sleep I missed the past 72 hours saving your species, planet, and star from retroactive nonexistence at the beginning of time itself. Assuming nightmare based insomnia doesn't keep me up.

Dr.Epic
2010-11-07, 01:44 AM
Do you see? Time is simultaneous, an intricately structured jewel that humans insist on viewing one edge at a time, when the whole design is visible in every facet.

The Extinguisher
2010-11-07, 01:47 AM
Usually I give myself an hour extra in the afternoon, but given that I don't want to be an hour early to work, I guess i'll get an extra hour of internets before sleep.

golentan
2010-11-07, 01:56 AM
Do you see? Time is simultaneous, an intricately structured jewel that humans insist on viewing one edge at a time, when the whole design is visible in every facet.

No it isn't. It's a dynamic structure of fascinating complexity and intricate motion, but it certainly isn't simultaneous, nor is the pattern implicit in the parts.

chiasaur11
2010-11-07, 01:58 AM
Me, I'll try to find out why the vintage 1960s police box showed up on the lawn.

FoE
2010-11-07, 02:03 AM
Just don't step on any butterflies, OK?

arguskos
2010-11-07, 02:25 AM
Played poker for another hour. Lost another 10 cents. Decided to go the hell home. :smalltongue:

Thajocoth
2010-11-07, 02:37 AM
No change to schedule. I had gradually become offset by about an hour before this happened.

Eloel
2010-11-07, 03:20 AM
Our time-travel was last week. That scored me an extra hour of sleep. Yay?

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-07, 06:07 AM
Since I've eaten breakfast already, by going back it'll stay in me but the actual bacon I ate will be back in the fridge. Double breakfast ftw!! :smallcool:

I, for one, will use the extra hour to catch up on the sleep I missed the past 72 hours saving your species, planet, and star from retroactive nonexistence at the beginning of time itself. Assuming nightmare based insomnia doesn't keep me up.

Apparently ignorance really is bliss, because every time I read one of your posts I wonder if it's true and it worries me to no end.

Teddy
2010-11-07, 06:10 AM
Our time-travel was last week. That scored me an extra hour of sleep. Yay?

Yup, I did my time travel last week too. But I guess I'd welcome you latecomers to the timeline where the cool kids are. :smallcool:

Amiel
2010-11-07, 06:34 AM
Unfortunately Australians are burdened with one less hour. Why, Daylight Savings, why must you be so?
Incidently, if you travel from Australia to some other destination in the world, you'll be travelling back in time :) Unless it's NZ, then you'll be travelling forward in time.

SoD
2010-11-07, 06:52 AM
Incidently, if you travel from Australia to some other destination in the world, you'll be travelling back in time :) Unless it's NZ, then you'll be travelling forward in time.

But backwards in technological advancement.

Amiel
2010-11-07, 06:52 AM
But backwards in technological advancement.

It depends on where you travel, I guess

druid91
2010-11-07, 06:59 AM
Apparently ignorance really is bliss, because every time I read one of your posts I wonder if it's true and it worries me to no end.

Don't worry your not the only one.. What really worries me is that makes him the hero of the story.. meaning I would probably end up being a random bystander.

And we all know what happens to random unnamed guy #6 in adventure stories.:smalleek:

The Dark Fiddler
2010-11-07, 07:11 AM
Me, I'll try to find out why the vintage 1960s police box showed up on the lawn.

Post pics.

I planned on getting extra sleep, but I went to be an hour later than normal, then I got woken up after only 6 hours of sleep, so so much for that.

Amiel
2010-11-07, 07:13 AM
Imagine though, that all this daylight-savings and the-moving-forward-of-time business may have caused a miscalculation somewhere in the distant memory of the past.
Perhaps we're really in the year 4510?

akma
2010-11-07, 07:18 AM
I`d spend my extra hour posting a thread in this forum and constantly refreshing it to see if comments were made.
In reality I would probably procrostinate.
And by the way, I gained one hour 1-2 months ago.

Morph Bark
2010-11-07, 07:31 AM
I`d spend my extra hour posting a thread in this forum and constantly refreshing it to see if comments were made.
In reality I would probably procrostinate.
And by the way, I gained one hour 1-2 months ago.

1-2 months ago? Not weeks? Where do you live?

Cealocanth
2010-11-07, 08:25 AM
I'm spending my extra hour watching that Colorado sunrise I never get to see.

Mauve Shirt
2010-11-07, 08:48 AM
I'll spend my extra hour procrastinating and coughing.

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-11-07, 08:51 AM
I'll use it trying to find the reason I just went back in time. If possible, to know when it'll happen again so I can do anything I want only to have all mischief forgotten and fixed later :smallyuk:

shadow_archmagi
2010-11-07, 09:07 AM

Tell me about it. My first guess was that by the end of this I'd have chewed my fingernails off, but new estimates suggest that by the end of the month I will not, in fact, have arms.

And not at that puny one second per second into the future time travel that everyone does. I just went back an hour. What are you going to do with your extra hour?

Laserhead: Man, this is a crazy episode of doctor who
Susan "Shadow Archmagi" Brindle: NO SPOILERS OR I CUT YOU
Laserhead: Okay okay
Laserhead: holy crap that was a mind%&#*
Laserhead: Wait, what time is it? What!? But that's when I started watching this!
Susan "Shadow Archmagi" Brindle: WIBBLY WOBBLY TIMEY WHIMEY
Laserhead: oh god what
Laserhead: Oh wait it's DLST

Starbuck_II
2010-11-07, 10:30 AM
I'll take out some zombies then take a shower.
In your time did you accidently crush a flower or blade of grass?
Well, it doomed us all!

akma
2010-11-07, 11:28 AM
And not at that puny one second per second into the future time travel that everyone does.

I can also skip a few hours to the future by sleeping.

1-2 months ago? Not weeks? Where do you live?

In Israel. There was a big mess about it, and it`s not usually changed in September-Octobar (I don`t remmember when exectly). I don`t remmember why it was changed early.

Zea mays
2010-11-07, 11:40 AM
^ They changed it in September to accommodate those persons who observe Yom Kipur and do not care to fast in the darkness (doesn't happen every year because the Jewish and Christian calender do not always align the same way). Anyways, not a topic one should go far into on these boards.

Cobra_Ikari
2010-11-07, 01:00 PM
Tell me about it. My first guess was that by the end of this I'd have chewed my fingernails off, but new estimates suggest that by the end of the month I will not, in fact, have arms.

Laserhead: Man, this is a crazy episode of doctor who
Laserhead: Okay okay
Laserhead: holy crap that was a mind%&#*
Laserhead: Wait, what time is it? What!? But that's when I started watching this!
Susan "Shadow Archmagi" Brindle: WIBBLY WOBBLY TIMEY WHIMEY
Laserhead: oh god what
Laserhead: Oh wait it's DLST

I am amused by your methods of speech. =3

Mr. Moon
2010-11-07, 01:44 PM

Oh shush and put on some pants, Manhattan.

The Cyberwolf
2010-11-07, 03:01 PM
I'll spend the extra hour engineering another time shift.

golentan
2010-11-07, 05:40 PM
Don't worry your not the only one.. What really worries me is that makes him the hero of the story.. meaning I would probably end up being a random bystander.

And we all know what happens to random unnamed guy #6 in adventure stories.:smalleek:

Ha. Ha I say. I'd be the hero the way the Kokiri Sword is the hero of Ocarina of Time. I'm not even sure I'd qualify as a supporting character.

Don Julio Anejo
2010-11-07, 05:42 PM
GTL*.

* = Gym, Tan, Laundry. The guido pre-club mantra.

But since I don't tan. Like at all, it's impossible for me to get darker than "slightly milked down latte" and I did my laundry yesterday, the only thing left for me to do is gym.

Sorry. I was forced to sit through 3 episodes of jersey shore yesterday.

Diva De
2010-11-07, 09:16 PM
I spent my extra hour at IHOP with board gaming friends, secretly hoping I didn't pass out and slump forward into my eggs and hashbrowns.

Linkavitch
2010-11-07, 09:36 PM
aww. I thought you actually had.

Kjata
2010-11-08, 06:34 AM
I spent my hour watching Full Metal Alchemist.

Sorry. I was forced to sit through 3 episodes of jersey shore yesterday.

Haha i love that show. It's like watching a train wreck, only with none of the awesome and all of the horrible.

Eldan
2010-11-08, 07:04 AM
Your Time Travel is well and good, but we over here did it a week before you did! Haha!

I spent that hour asleep.

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2010-11-08, 06:27 PM
Seconding the "you're a week late" statements. :smallcool:

KerfuffleMach2
2010-11-08, 09:22 PM
I slept in an extra hour before having to go open for work.

Yay more sleep!

Blue Ghost
2010-11-08, 11:52 PM
I did not notice the extra hour at all. Ah well, it's just an hour, those come and go.

Jay R
2010-11-09, 11:12 AM
Every spring I lose an hour of sleep. Every fall, I gain an hour of wakefulness.

How much of your life makes more sense under the assumption that each year, you fall one more hour behind on sleep?

Teddy
2010-11-10, 11:39 AM
Every spring I lose an hour of sleep. Every fall, I gain an hour of wakefulness.

How much of your life makes more sense under the assumption that each year, you fall one more hour behind on sleep?

Quite a lot of it actually, but then again, my sleep schedule is pretty messed up anyway, so I wouldn't tell the difference. :smallamused:

Eldan
2010-11-10, 11:42 AM
I'm pretty sure I read an article somewhere that the time shift messes up your sleep schedule for several months...

Cleverdan22
2010-11-10, 03:06 PM
Unfortunately, I did nothing with it. This year, I stayed up until 2 AM so I could set my alarm clock back at the actual proper time. However, after doing so, I went to sleep anyways because I was tired. In retrospect, it would have been more fun to get up at my normal time and then set it back.