PDA

View Full Version : Duel

Cogidubnus
2010-11-07, 01:41 PM
Shall we stay...start 100ft from one another with daily buffs up?

monkman
2010-11-07, 03:29 PM
Ok, but do i have my necromancer?

Cogidubnus
2010-11-07, 03:57 PM
I'll be really nice and say yes, I'll try and take the both of you.

monkman
2010-11-07, 04:15 PM
Truljin der Zerstörer (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=250529)
Male Deathknight Troll Monk/Sorcerer/monster levls, Level 20//2/18, Init +10, HP 274/274, DR Down, Speed 130ft
AC 80, Touch 41, Flat-footed 66, Fort +17, Ref +27, Will +25, Base Attack Bonus 20/15/10/5 /0
Magic ,lawfull, admantium Unarmed attack (2d12=profane,1d8=agasint living,) 50/45/40/45 (5d10+2d12+1d8, 19/20X2)
Stunning fist 50/48/43/38/33 (+1d6(cold)+33+3d6, )
Bracers of armor (+8 Armor, +10 Dex, -1 Size, +27 Natural, +5 Deflect, +17 Misc)
Abilities Str 58, Dex 30, Con -, Int 16, Wis 27, Cha 21
Condition http://th01.deviantart.com/fs9/300W/i/2006/019/f/5/Undead_Troll_by_Lizard_of_Odd.jpg
Got shield extended,(6 mins)
True seeing,(20 mins)
proctection from good(20 mins)
unholy aura,extended(40 rounds)
damage redution
10/magic,good,blugeoning,
20/epic& admantium.
Im not going to take my necromancer,It wont be fair, the's made to heal me and that will only damage you.

Cogidubnus
2010-11-07, 04:15 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Cogidubnus
2010-11-07, 04:29 PM
I have Persisted Foresight and Peristed Righteous Might using Divine Metamagic. I also have a casting of Greater Magic Weapon on my armour spikes and Magic Vestment on my armour and shield.

None of the abilities you described are all-day buffs - would they be up if you didn't know a fight was coming?

monkman
2010-11-07, 04:31 PM
I got a +10 to initative so for sure i win initiative.
Swift action:
Fleeting Step (Su): At 3rd level, a monk may expend one daily use of her ki power as a swift action to move up to her land speed.
Mastery of Ki (Su): At 20th level, a monk’s mastery of ki reaches a pinnacle. She may reduce the cost of all abilities that require daily uses of her ki power by one. As well, she does not lose her supernatural abilities if her daily uses of ki power are completely expended.
Truljin moves up to the paladin and commences an attack.
(2 ki to penetrate any Dr(16ki left))
attack(w/flurry of blows)
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

damage
1}[roll5]+[roll6]+[roll7]+[roll8](cold)+[roll9](claws+str bonus,enchacement, and weapon specilisation)
2}[roll10]+[roll11]+[roll12]+[roll13](cold)+[roll14]
3}[roll15]+[roll16]+[roll17]+[roll18](cold)+[roll19]
4}[roll20]+[roll21]+[roll22]+[roll23](cold)+[roll24]
5}[roll25]+[roll26]+[roll27]+[roll28](cold)+[roll29]
The only one who would be contiunal would be proctection from good and the dr is always there.

monkman
2010-11-07, 04:34 PM
I forgot my fist of iron(19 times left)
[roll0]

Cogidubnus
2010-11-07, 04:35 PM
No hits. I'll make my rolls tomorrow, about to get an early night and there are complicated things like Knowledge Devotion involved in my actions.

Cogidubnus
2010-11-08, 04:27 AM
I'll cast Find the Gap using Swift Crusader as a Swift Action, then make a full attack with 20 points of power attack.

[roll0] touch attack for [roll1] + [roll2] acid + [roll3] holy + [roll4].

[roll5] for [roll6] + [roll7] acid + [roll8] holy + [roll9].

[roll10] for [roll11] + [roll12] acid + [roll13] holy + [roll14].

[roll15] for [roll16] + [roll17] acid + [roll18] holy + [roll19].

The first one hits on anything but a 1, the others only hit on a twenty.

Cogidubnus
2010-11-08, 04:38 AM
Excuse double post, forgot Knowledge Devotion. Religion: [roll0]

Any attack of mine that hits deals an extra 5 damage.

monkman
2010-11-08, 04:52 PM
Empty Body (Su): At 19th level, a monk may expend one daily use of her ki power to gain the ability to assume an ethereal state, as though using the spell etherealness, for a number of rounds equal to half her class level. While ethereal (through this ability or similar effects), a monk may attack creatures on the Material Plane using her unarmed strikes or special monk weapons.
He does that, he then moves 130ft(swift) away and cast harm opon himself.(3 uses left)

Cogidubnus
2010-11-08, 04:55 PM
You need to roll damage for Harm. Also, the [roll0] from a Magebane weapon that I forgot to apply.

Also, I cast Antimagic Field, which means you wink out if you try to come within 10ft of me. Shall we skip ahead until we reach a round where your incorporeality wears off and we can fight again?

monkman
2010-11-08, 05:04 PM
Harm
Necromancy
Level: Clr 6, Destruction 6
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: Creature touched
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Will half; see text
Spell Resistance: Yes
Harm charges a subject with negative energy that deals 10 points of damage per caster level (to a maximum of 150 points at 15th level). If the creature successfully saves, harm deals half this amount, but it cannot reduce the target’s hit points to less than 1. If used on an undead creature, harm acts like heal
It heal me of all my Hp, I have resitance to all elelements 20.

For the question above,no beacuse i can use it indefinitely. So im waiting untill you finsh the antimagic field.

Cogidubnus
2010-11-08, 05:06 PM
Fair enough. Anyway, back to the round where your incorporeality wears off. It'll be my turn, and I'll be stood next to you having cast Undead Bane on my weapon. Any buffs you'd like to cast in your 9 rounds of inaction?

monkman
2010-11-08, 05:15 PM
Got shield extended,(6 mins)
True seeing,(20 mins)
proctection from good(20 mins)
unholy aura,extended(40 rounds)

How long untill your antiamagiv field wears off?

Cogidubnus
2010-11-08, 05:18 PM
I'll dismiss it as soon as you pop back into existence. And just so you're aware, protection from good won't stack with your ring of deflection or any resistance giving items you have (cloak of resistance?) so it's likely to be of little use.

Ryuuk
2010-11-08, 05:28 PM
Just noticed this... Hmm, would you guys mind if Karla tried her luck against the winner?

monkman
2010-11-08, 05:45 PM
The antimagic field dispell every magic item that you have so you have no enhacement bonus on your armor or weapons.

attack(for refrence)
42/37/32/27
damage
5d10+3d8+21
Ac=46

I'll run/walk(swift) until 20 ft from you then use
Abundant Step (Ex or Su): At 12th level or higher, the monk can move to half her land speed as a free action once per round
and then attack
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

damage
[roll4]+[roll5]
[roll6]+[roll7]
[roll8]+[roll9]
[roll10]+[roll11]

monkman
2010-11-08, 05:48 PM
Critical 3nd attack
[roll0]
[roll1]+[roll2]

Cogidubnus
2010-11-09, 03:10 AM
You seem to have missed something. Ethereal creatures wink out in antimagic fields, so you can't attack me until the round where your incorporeality wears off, at which point I dismiss the antimagic field and get all my bonuses back.

Cogidubnus
2010-11-09, 03:44 AM
If you do manage to attack me in the Antimagic field by dismissing your incorporeality, your third attack hits and I take 50 damage, after DR. I then activate Sacrifice and attack you, while your AC's still lowered by the field, move up to you as a swift action with Travel Devotion and make a full attack with 15 points of power attack.

[roll0] for [roll1] + [roll2]
[roll3] for [roll4] + [roll5]
[roll6] for [roll7] + [roll8]
[roll9] for [roll10] + [roll11]

First two will hit one anything but a 1 against your reduced AC.

monkman
2010-11-09, 05:05 PM
Are you still in the anti magic field?

Cogidubnus
2010-11-09, 05:07 PM
Are you still in the anti magic field?

Yes, it moves with me. I factored that into my rolls, and it means I'm still hitting your AC of 46, rather than the full one, right?

monkman
2010-11-09, 05:13 PM
Antimagic Field Abjuration
Level: Clr 8, Magic 6, Protection 6, Sor/Wiz 6
Components: V, S, M/DF
Casting time: 1 standard action
Range: 10 ft.
Area: 10-ft.-radius emanation, centered on you
Duration: 10 min./level (D)
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: See text

An invisible barrier surrounds you and moves with you. The space within this barrier is impervious to most magical effects, including spells, spell-like abilities, and supernatural abilities. Likewise, it prevents the functioning of any magic items or spells within its confines.

An antimagic field suppresses any spell or magical effect used within, brought into, or cast into the area, but does not dispel it. Time spent within an antimagic field counts against the suppressed spell’s duration.

Summoned creatures of any type and incorporeal undead wink out if they enter an antimagic field. They reappear in the same spot once the field goes away. Time spent winked out counts normally against the duration of the conjuration that is maintaining the creature. If you cast antimagic field in an area occupied by a summoned creature that has spell resistance, you must make a caster level check (1d20 + caster level) against the creature’s spell resistance to make it wink out. (The effects of instantaneous conjurations are not affected by an antimagic field because the conjuration itself is no longer in effect, only its result.)

A normal creature can enter the area, as can normal missiles. Furthermore, while a magic sword does not function magically within the area, it is still a sword (and a masterwork sword at that). The spell has no effect on golems and other constructs that are imbued with magic during their creation process and are thereafter self-supporting (unless they have been summoned, in which case they are treated like any other summoned creatures). Elementals, corporeal undead, and outsiders are likewise unaffected unless summoned. These creatures’ spell-like or supernatural abilities, however, may be temporarily nullified by the field. Dispel magic does not remove the field.

Two or more antimagic fields sharing any of the same space have no effect on each other. Certain spells, such as wall of force, prismatic sphere, and prismatic wall, remain unaffected by antimagic field (see the individual spell descriptions). Artifacts and deities are unaffected by mortal magic such as this.

Should a creature be larger than the area enclosed by the barrier, any part of it that lies outside the barrier is unaffected by the field.
Is this the paladin (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160730) fix thjat you are using?

Cogidubnus
2010-11-09, 05:19 PM
Yes. Why? None of the abilities are supernatural.

monkman
2010-11-09, 05:29 PM
Detect Evil (su): The paladin gains the benefits of a permanent detect evil spell, as well as detect good. He can tell whether a creature is good or evil at a glance, and he can concentrate to gain the full effects of the spell.

Holy Smite (su): The paladin is infused with divine energies: any evil creature damaged by the paladin takes additional damage equal to the paladin's class level.

Turn Undead (su): The Paladin may turn undead as a cleric. The paladin may turn 1+charisma modifier times per day. If the charisma modifier is negative, it will subtract from this amount, to a minimum of 0.

Divine Grace (su): The Paladin gains a bonus to all saves equal to her charisma modifier. The Paladin can have a penalty from low charisma.

Swift Crusader (su): a number of times per day as shown on the table above, the paladin may either cast a spell that normally takes a standard action or turn undead (or anything else she can turn) as a swift action.
Additionally, the paladin may expend one use of Swift Crusader to channel a spell through a melee attack, during either a standard attack or a full attack action.

Holy Strike (su): The paladin's weapon is guided by divine forces to evil foes. He gains a bonus equal to his charisma modifier to attack rolls against evil creatures. In addition, every time the paladin misses an evil creature due to concealment, he may reroll his miss chance percentile to see if he actually hits.
The bonus to attack can become a penalty from low charisma.
You also get no enchacement bonus on your armor, weapons, items,no sla(traval devotion) also i would suggest that Sacrifice is su.

-15 armor bonus,
-6 con,wis,str,cha,
weapons dosent have cha on attack, and also you dont have smite evil.
-5 enchacement bonus on weapons.
-4 natural armor(skin of the defender)+ the minus for the lowered stat(how exacly do you get 24 natural armor?)
saves dont get cha.
-4 delfection ac.

Cogidubnus
2010-11-09, 05:35 PM
Then when you're solid again I'll just dismiss the field and take the first attack as a touch attack with 5 extra points of power attack, so the same attack roll but 15 extra damage after enhancement bonuses. Also:

[roll0] holy + [roll1] magebane + [roll2] undead bane added on in damage.

monkman
2010-11-09, 05:39 PM
Nothing hits then, I have 76 ac when there is no antimagic field and what was your ac with the antimagic field?

Wait, How exacly do you take it as a touch attack?
Where's your hp, anyways?

Cogidubnus
2010-11-09, 05:48 PM
I dismiss the antimagic field as a free action as soon as you turn corporeal again. And it's a touch attack because of the Find the Gap spell.

monkman
2010-11-09, 06:13 PM
With your first attack you damage me 155 but i still damage you with my first and my 3rd attack(the damage is 195 with out Dr)
28,32,(first)
35,31(Third)
32,37(critical)
(With the antimagic field you have 43 ac)
Fast healing heals me 10 hp.
how should we calculate DR, Should it be from the total amount(180 for you) or each attack(13,17,20,16,17,22)?
You still have calcuate HP.

Max HP at first level and roll each level after (min= 1/2 max)

Thokk then starts another series of attacks.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

damage
[roll5]+[roll6]+[roll7]+[roll8]
[roll9]+[roll10]+[roll11]+[roll12]
[roll13]+[roll14]+[roll15]+[roll16]
[roll17]+[roll18]+[roll19]+[roll20]
[roll21]+[roll22]+[roll23]+[roll24]

Afterwards he moves 75 ft away.(Abundant Step)

Cogidubnus
2010-11-10, 03:17 AM
We'll calculate DR from the total of each attack. That's how it works. And sorry, I'll add my HP in.

Cogidubnus
2010-11-10, 12:24 PM
Alright, sorted HP. You hit twice, but your critical confirmation didn't, so i only took 96 damage after DR. Your next set all miss, as Antimagic's now down again.

I charge you, full power attack, touch attack, swift casting Disrupting Weapon.

[roll0] - it hits on anything but a 1, so no need to add the to hit modifier.

Damage: [roll1] + [roll2] holy + [roll3] holy + [roll4] mage bane + [roll5] undead bane.

Heals 15 damage from fast healing too.

monkman
2010-11-10, 04:50 PM
Cod, You missed the part of me running 75ft away.

Afterwards he moves 75 ft away.(Abundant Step)

Cogidubnus
2010-11-10, 05:04 PM
Cod, You missed the part of me running 75ft away.

And you missed the part where I charged you xD

monkman
2010-11-10, 05:53 PM
Cog, I Think that you killed me but Atm i didnt have my necromancer with her many heals+the imp that stays with me to heal me.Your guy is really well built.Also my build is more damage/ac focus but i have to say that your's is still better in killing anything that is evil.
Ask Ryuuk if he want to chalegne your paladin.You won and congradulations.

Ryuuk
2010-11-10, 11:06 PM
Well, would like to give it a try Cogidubnus?

If so
[roll0]

Cogidubnus
2010-11-11, 01:53 AM
Good duel Monkman. You really had me on my toes when you went ethereal. I was wondering how on earth I was gonna touch you.

Ryuuk, you win initiative, so it's your move. I detect alignment, so what alignment are you?

Ryuuk
2010-11-11, 06:44 AM
Same arena then? You detect Karla as Lawful Evil, carrying both sub types.

If you caster level is greater then this: [roll0] your spell notices something else

All right, lets see

Round 1

Standard Action: Time Stop [roll1]

I'll have the rest in my next post

Ryuuk
2010-11-11, 07:20 AM
Standard - Time Stop
+ Full - Adaptive Style (As before, but switch Diamond Nightmare Blade for Emerald Razor)
+ Move - Power Surge + 8 Str
+ Standard - Ready an action to Perform Emerald Razor when Adjacent
Move - Become Adjacent (Flying 5ft above you)

Attack: [roll0] Touch - Two Handed, Full Improved Combat Expertise
Damage: [roll1] + DC 25 Will or Bestow Curse

Quickened Empowered Mortal-Bane Lightningbolt: DC 27, [roll2]*1.5 = 111 Elec Damage
Empowered Mortal-Bane Lightningbolt: DC 27, [roll3]*1.5 = 100 Elec Damage

Her stance seems to be inviting any attacks, but you can expect retaliation (Robilar's Gambit: you get +4 to attacks, +4 to damage, but each attack provokes an AoO)

Stances: Stance of Alacrity (Extra Counter) / Absolute Steel Stance (+10 Speed, +2 AC when moving)

AC: 82, Touch: 50
276/276 HP

Cogidubnus
2010-11-11, 09:27 AM
What do you want that curse to do? This is quite important for me to know before I make any other responses.

Ryuuk
2010-11-11, 10:37 AM
Ah, right. Well, lets say the -4 to most everything (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/bestowCurse.htm)

Cogidubnus
2010-11-11, 10:49 AM
Alrighty then. Roll for Relfective Hide: [roll0]

A 1 means 7 levels of each spell is reflected, a 2 means 8 levels and a 3 means 9 levels. Your saves, I believe.

Ryuuk
2010-11-11, 12:33 PM
Actually, they might still be yours:

From the Monster of Legend:
The effect works only on spells that have you as a target, and reflects them back on the caster.

The Lightning bolts affect an area, not you. In addition, the Curse is SU, not spell like, as per the Fiend of Possession class in the Fiend Folio. Either way, I think you'll only fail them on natural 1s.

Cogidubnus
2010-11-11, 01:05 PM
Actually, they might still be yours:

From the Monster of Legend:
The effect works only on spells that have you as a target, and reflects them back on the caster.

The Lightning bolts affect an area, not you. In addition, the Curse is SU, not spell like, as per the Fiend of Possession class in the Fiend Folio. Either way, I think you'll only fail them on natural 1s.

Didn't know about the Curse.

Saves: [roll0] for will (1 is a fail for all)
[roll1] reflex?
[roll2] reflex?

If they are reflex, I take no damage.

On my turn, I start by casting Greater Bestow Curse on you, instant success on the Concentration check to avoid an AoO, [roll3] touch attack hits except on a 1. Depending on how that turns out affects what I do with my swift and move actions, but the aim is to reduce your strength to 1.
Will Save DC = 30

Ryuuk
2010-11-11, 02:02 PM
The concentration check avoids the AoO from casting, but there's still the AoO from Robilar's from the touch attack, it would be granted afterwords though.

Regardless, Karla won't take it, and Stormguard Warrior comes into effect. Not taking a granted AoO gives me +4/+4 Attack/Damage on her next round, per attack forfeited.

Now for the save: Will: [roll0]

Free: 5ft step to land next to you
Free: Summon her Rope
Full Round: Full Attack, taking -20 for Improved Combat Expertise

Attack 1 - Sword
Attack [roll1] 1 Handed
Damage [roll2] + DC 25 Will or Bestow Curse

Extra Attack 1 - Speed on Sword
Attack [roll3] 1 Handed
Damage [roll4] + DC 25 Will or Bestow Curse

Attack 2 - Binding, Ranged Touch attack with the Rope
Touch Attack [roll5]
DC 52 Ref or Entangled, if Entangled, in addition to the normal penalties, its a DC 52 Concentration check to cast a spell/power/SLA/ or any other ability that would demand concentration.

Attack 3 - Touch Attack
Attack [roll6] 1 Handed
No Damage, But activates Stormguard Warrior's Combat Rhythm for next turn + DC 25 Will or Bestow Curse

Attack 4 - Touch Attack
Attack [roll7] 1 Handed
No Damage, But activates Stormguard Warrior's Combat Rhythm for next turn + DC 25 Will or Bestow Curse

Once Again, Robilar's Gambit

In addition
[roll8] Bearded Devils (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/devil.htm#beardedDevilBarbazu) appear around you, flanking and you hear a voice in your head Just give up Eladrin, we'll take you to Stygia one way or another...

AC: 80, Touch: 48
276/276 HP

OOC: Don't worry about the telepathic message. What's you're HP anyway?

Ryuuk
2010-11-11, 02:08 PM
The Extra Attack from speed connects, due to the Natural 20

Confirm: [roll0] Battle Ardor granted the +6
Damage: [roll1], Er, this should be +40, it seems like it wasn't a crit anyway

Still, this means a total of 3 DC 25 Will Saves against Curse (First -4 to everything, then -6 to Cha, then 50% chance to act, if the dice gods decide to mess with you.

Cogidubnus
2010-11-11, 02:24 PM
I hadn't finished xD
I also meant to say I take a 5ft step as my first action, putting me out of AoO range, but still within my 10ft reach.
I then use Swift Crusader to cast Bestow Curse a second time - [roll0] touch attack - with the same save DC and same intended effect.

Now your turn comes into effect, after we see what happens there.

AC: 72, Touch: 18, HP: 235

Ryuuk
2010-11-11, 03:27 PM
That's kind of important. If you were going to take a 5 ft step as a free action though, then why state the concentration check? Also, how are you getting reach?

Regardless, here's the save. You never actually stated the effect though.

Will: [roll0]

Cogidubnus
2010-11-11, 03:30 PM
I hadn't finished xD
I also meant to say I take a 5ft step as my first action, putting me out of AoO range, but still within my 10ft reach.
I then use Swift Crusader to cast Bestow Curse a second time - [roll0] touch attack - with the same save DC and same intended effect.

Now your turn comes into effect, after we see what happens there.

AC: 72, Touch: 18, HP: 235

I'm getting reach from the Persisted Righteous Might (also have Persisted Foresight) I start each day with. And I stated the concentration because I wasn't thinking xD

Anything you want to change about your turn?

Ryuuk
2010-11-11, 03:41 PM
Ah, here we go:

Standard - Time Stop
+ Full - Adaptive Style (As before, but switch Diamond Nightmare Blade for Emerald Razor)
+ Move - Power Surge + 8 Str
+ Standard - Ready an action to Perform Emerald Razor when Adjacent
Move - Become Adjacent (Flying 5ft above you)

A 5ft step will still have you in my threatened area, since a flying medium creature threatens all 26 adjacent squares and you where on the ground. You would still provoke an AoO that'll power Stormguard Warrior and still fall victim to Robilar's

With this in mind, nothing in my turn changes mechanically, but I'll add that Karla will stay aloft instead of land, keeping you between the ground and her.

EDIT: Also, you never stated the effect of the original Greater Bestow Curse, it isn't in the srd.

Cogidubnus
2010-11-11, 03:47 PM
It's Spell Compendium. I'm sorry, I thought I originally explained it would lower your strength score to 1.

Anyway, Will Saves: [roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
Succeed on 2+

Reflex against entanglement (succeeds on a 20 only) [roll3]

What's the check to break that, cos I ain't gonna pass it?

Ryuuk
2010-11-11, 04:01 PM
Down to 1 :smalleek: That would have hurt...

The DC should be 62 right now (DC 20 + 1/2HD (10) + Cha mod (12) +Str mod (20)), you are now on a leash, and it'll be a check to move away.

Sadism initiate: As a fullround action the erinyes can summon a special rope that has HP equal to half her own HP, hardness 1 for every HD she has and break DC 20+1/2HD+Cha mod+Str mod. This rope can be summoned as a standard action at 2HD, move action at 4HD, swift action at 6HD and free action at 8HD. When she summons a new one, any old rope quickly incinerates itself, whitout however dealing damage.

The erinyes can throw this rope as a ranged touch attack with base range 30 feets. If she hits, the target must make a reflex save 10+1/2HD+Cha mod+Str modifier or become entangled, regardless of it's size. It can only escape either by breaking the rope with a str check, cuting himself out with a light slashing weapon or making an escape artist check with DC equal to the reflex save.

Entangled creatures trying to cast a spell/power/SLA/ any other ability that would demand concentration must pass an extra concentration check with DC 10+1/2HD+Cha mod+Str mod or fail at that action.

The erinyes can choose to hold on the rope. If she does, the victim must suceed on a str check against the erinyes to move away from her. The rope can extend up to 150 feets. If the Erinyes suceeds on a str check, she can pull the creature closer 5 feets for each point she beat the target.

If the erinyes takes flight, she can "lift" an entangled creature by suceeding on a single strenght check. If the victim doesn't have a fly speed, it cannot move away or closer from the erinyes, but the erinyes can freely pull up or descend it with her normal speed (but taking the victim's weight as carried weight). She can also drop her victim as a free action, use the normal falling rules from there.

The erinyes adds her BAB on all the above Str checks besides her own Str. Size modifiers don't apply. But the erinyes needs at least one hand to keep a creature in the "leash". If she uses both hands, all DCs related with the rope increase by half her HD and she gains an extra bonus on all str checks equal to half her HD.

You know, I'm imagining this and it's pretty cool. Can the Paladin get out of this one? :smalltongue:

Cogidubnus
2010-11-11, 04:06 PM
Down to 1 :smalleek: That would have hurt...

The DC should be 62 right now (DC 20 + 1/2HD (10) + Cha mod (12) +Str mod (20)), you are now on a leash, and it'll be a check to move away.

Sadism initiate: As a fullround action the erinyes can summon a special rope that has HP equal to half her own HP, hardness 1 for every HD she has and break DC 20+1/2HD+Cha mod+Str mod. This rope can be summoned as a standard action at 2HD, move action at 4HD, swift action at 6HD and free action at 8HD. When she summons a new one, any old rope quickly incinerates itself, whitout however dealing damage.

The erinyes can throw this rope as a ranged touch attack with base range 30 feets. If she hits, the target must make a reflex save 10+1/2HD+Cha mod+Str modifier or become entangled, regardless of it's size. It can only escape either by breaking the rope with a str check, cuting himself out with a light slashing weapon or making an escape artist check with DC equal to the reflex save.

Entangled creatures trying to cast a spell/power/SLA/ any other ability that would demand concentration must pass an extra concentration check with DC 10+1/2HD+Cha mod+Str mod or fail at that action.

The erinyes can choose to hold on the rope. If she does, the victim must suceed on a str check against the erinyes to move away from her. The rope can extend up to 150 feets. If the Erinyes suceeds on a str check, she can pull the creature closer 5 feets for each point she beat the target.

If the erinyes takes flight, she can "lift" an entangled creature by suceeding on a single strenght check. If the victim doesn't have a fly speed, it cannot move away or closer from the erinyes, but the erinyes can freely pull up or descend it with her normal speed (but taking the victim's weight as carried weight). She can also drop her victim as a free action, use the normal falling rules from there.

The erinyes adds her BAB on all the above Str checks besides her own Str. Size modifiers don't apply. But the erinyes needs at least one hand to keep a creature in the "leash". If she uses both hands, all DCs related with the rope increase by half her HD and she gains an extra bonus on all str checks equal to half her HD.

You know, I'm imagining this and it's pretty cool. Can the Paladin get out of this one? :smalltongue:

If I'd been much more intelligent with my starting tactics, yes. If I'd remembered I get a caster level check to keep you 20ft away, yes. If I do what I'm about to do, I'll get away from this turn's rope. And you'll summon another and do exactly the same thing. There is physically no way out now. I can't use magic, the concentration DC's too high. Actually, +Str and + Cha is a bit obscene. Might have to mention that to Gorgondantess at some point.

Anyway, I cut the rope with my holy adamantine sword as a standard action. I then cast Sonorous Hum with Swift Crusader as a swift action and move 130ft away with a move action.

Ed: Oh wait. Technically I need a light slashing weapon. Then no. It is not possible to win.

Ryuuk
2010-11-11, 06:04 PM
Well, being entangled isn't a gg condition, you move at half speed, can't run or charge, take a -2 to attacks and a -4 to dex. This entanglement gives you a DC 52 Concentration to cast though, and to try to move away from Karla you'd need to beat her in a Strength check (She's sitting at 26 before any particular bonus to the roll form the ability).

It would force you into finally accepting the Robilar's Bait though, and the next round would be Time Stands still for 2 Full Attacks with a bonus of +4/+4 for each attack you threw her way.

With this in mind, do you still consider it gg? If so, I think I can at least turn this into an IC reason for you hanging out with a pair of devils, a mini chtullu and a death knight.

Cogidubnus
2010-11-11, 06:17 PM
Gg?

Also, while being entangled isn't the end of it, I can't win by hitting you with a big stick. I need spells to have a chance. And I can't make the checks while entangled like that.

As for my IC reason, it's simple. You're all probably less evil with one good guy arguing you in the other direction than if you were left to your own devices. He can't kill you but he can restrain you.