PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Redux: Interest?

Executor
2010-11-07, 02:05 PM
I've had an RP idea kicking around in my head for some time now, and I'd like to see if the gang here would be interested in it.

Star Wars. For the most part, we all love Star Wars. And, for the most part, we all agree that the prequel trilogy was a waste of a great opportunity. Well, that's where the Redux in the title comes in. This shall be a retelling of the rise and fall of Anakin Skywalker. Not just a retelling, a reimagining. Characters and events can be added, changed or even removed. This RP shall tell the tale of the road to Hell, as always paved with good intentions. How exactly Anakin becomes Darth Vader is not set in this RP, as it was in the film. There is no script here. We only know one thing: Anakin will become Darth Vader. Everything else in the Galaxy can be changed in this RP. We could kill Palpatine, or stop the Fall of the Jedi, or murder Yoda and Obi-Wan and make it complete. We could stop the Clone Wars early on, or make them drag on and on and on.

Now, I would like to participate as a character in this RP, but I would also like to DM. So, I think the idea I had for my revival of WoR would be best for this RP: A team of 2-4 GMs, so someone is always available to do an update, and everyone can also participate if they choose to. Cracklord, I know you love GMing, but don't put too much pressure on yourself, my friend. Only volunteer to GM this if you're really sure. We wouldn't want you burning yourself out! Also, for the most part, I was hoping this could be self-GM'd. Interactions with most NPCs could be RP'd by the players themselves, the GMs should only be needed for major events. So long as everyone RPs well, and we follow the basic rules of FFRPing (no god-modding, no metagaming, etc), we should be fine

Now, the 'point of seperation', if you will, between the original prequels and this RP shall be the beginning of Episode II. The catalyst for the change shall be the character I will roleplaying. When Senator Amidala of Naboo travels to Coruscant, another ship arrives at the same time. It is a very ancient model of ship, over 3,000 years old. On board this ancient ship, there is a Jedi knight. He has not been seen in the Galaxy for millenia, most had assumed him dead when he left for the Unknown Regions after the Jedi Civil War. His name is Revan.

It is my character's, Revan's, presence that cause this RP to become an alternate reality to what happened in the actual presence. It is your characters actions that will determine how that alternate reality unfolds. However, I'm sure some of you would like to roleplay canonical characters like Obi-wan or Anakin. You can do so, but two things: Firstly, if you want to roleplay a canonical character, please post a writing sample, at least a paragraph long, of yourself RPing as that character. You need not be restrictedby the characterization that the films gave these characters, but the RPers in charge of someone like Anakin need to be pretty good at RPing. Second, please refrain from RPing Yoda or Palpatine, they will be major NPCs.

So, any takers?

Maxios
2010-11-07, 02:07 PM
This is a very good idea. Count me in!

Emperor Ing
2010-11-07, 02:15 PM
I'm interested. It would be a good opportunity to resurrect an old character of mine from when this forum was called "The Town." As long as you're okay with the character being a Kobold. :smalltongue:
Don't worry, he's a serious character.

Executor
2010-11-07, 02:23 PM
Hey, the Galaxy is full of strange species, kobolds aren't out of the question :smalltongue:

horngeek
2010-11-07, 02:31 PM
Interest, with my Miraluka Jedi Sentinel. :smalltongue:

Falgorn
2010-11-07, 02:31 PM
I'm...interested. I hope this one survives, unlike the last one...

I'm interested. It would be a good opportunity to resurrect an old character of mine from when this forum was called "The Town." As long as you're okay with the character being a Kobold. :smalltongue:
Don't worry, he's a serious character.

I have one thing to say to you.
AH YES, THE REAPERS...

Mina Kobold
2010-11-07, 02:41 PM
I'm interested, maybe I'll play a servant of a senator who gets involved with all this or a Jedi-in-training.

Probably the former.

Now that I'm on the topic, is it weird that I actually like the first prequel movie?

Maxios
2010-11-07, 02:46 PM
Of course not! The Phantom Menace is my favorite Star Wars movie!

horngeek
2010-11-07, 02:48 PM
Now that I'm on the topic, is it weird that I actually like the first prequel movie?

No. So do I. I like all of them, in fact.

Emperor Ing
2010-11-07, 03:00 PM
:eek:

In my opionion of course, Ep. III was an alright movie (though Hayden Christensen didn't help at all :smallannoyed:), Ep. II was mediocre, Ep. I wasn't good at all and is in dire need to be completely rewritten.

backstory and personality
A transport ship's hyperdrive malfunctioned, forcing the transport ship to disengage from hyperspace. At that moment, they found themselves making a crash landing on a previously unknown world. The ship was repaired and made its way with several hi-tech goods ordered by the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. The Jedi Knight who placed the order discovered the ship had picked up a stowaway, a tiny orange reptilian creature who was very strong in the force. He spoke in an unknown language, but from what little the jedi could gather, he called himself Pikk. He went through the trials and training like any other Jedi. He had a fascination with machines and spent some of his free time learning how technology works. By the time he became a Padawan, he had already grown a reputation as a skilled mechanic.

His race is unknown and his DNA do not match any known xenological profiles, yet he was found to be quite strong in the force, and a candidate for Jedi training. He has always been fascinated by machinery and often tinkered with it as a hobby in his free time. He left the Order as a Padawan, mostly out of fear that his unorthodox view of the Force and how one can become truly powerful through both the dark and the light side would cause his exile. He was somewhat correct as he is quite a strong force-user. As far as he can tell though, the Jedi Council haven't made any actions against him. Yet.

Pikk is a Grey Jedi whom is very skilled in machinery and electronics. He is a member of an unknown (even to him) race of short orange reptilian humanoids and opts to dual-wield curve-bladed purple lightsabers into battle. Personality wise he is very approachable, but suspicious of those he senses are force adepts. Due to this suspicion, he is paranoid of the Jedi Council, and believes that they want to keep tabs on him. For this reason, he often hangs out around the Temple, and can occasionally be seen fixing broken machinery. This is likely a statement of "I am here! I am not a threat to you!"

Executor
2010-11-07, 03:11 PM
I actually think Ep. II was the worst, mostly because I despise Hayden Christensen's Anakin. Ep. I was just mildly annoying, Ep. III was alright, Ep. II was the one I really hated. For a joke, my friend and I once watched Ep. II and kept a tally of every time Anakin did something stupid or did something good. The final count: 7 good things, 30 stupid things. And we probably missed a bunch too.

Creed
2010-11-07, 07:15 PM
Posting intrest. Gunslinger/assasin time!:smalltongue:

Executor
2010-11-07, 10:28 PM
Excellent! Good to hear that we're getting characters other than Jedi/Sith. I'd like to see plenty of mercenaries, bounty hunters, mobsters, smugglers, explorers and all sorts of other types alongside your usual assortment of Force users.

And Randomizer, this is a bit of a pet peeve of mine, but could you give Pikk more of a background than "Unknown"? I like the sound of your character otherwise, but I've seen too many RP characters whose background is just "Unknown heritage" or something along those lines.

Artemis97
2010-11-08, 12:44 PM
Speaking of mobsters, i think i have an old SW character floating around... I need to look her stats and background up again, but consider me interested.

Emperor Ing
2010-11-08, 04:43 PM
And Randomizer, this is a bit of a pet peeve of mine, but could you give Pikk more of a background than "Unknown"? I like the sound of your character otherwise, but I've seen too many RP characters whose background is just "Unknown heritage" or something along those lines.

the "unknown" bit is just info on Pikk's race. He's a Kobold, but the SWverse has no concept of what a Kobold is. He's senti-er-sapient alien and humanoid, that's all that matters. The bit between the "he became a stowaway" and "he became a jedi" does need filling in though as it shouldn't be that mysterious, I just haven't thought of anything specific yet.

Executor
2010-11-09, 11:11 PM
Well, I'm sure it'll turn out fine :smallsmile: Now for my character's profile. Warning, if you haven't played Knights of the Old Republic, spoilers abound:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/5/51/Possible_Revan.JPG

A human from the farthest reaches of the Outer Rim Territories, Revan is both famous and infamous in the history of the Galaxy. He was one of the Jedi Order's brightest stars, a hero of the Mandalorian Wars, an exemplary Jedi. However, something changed during that War. When Revan returned from his campaigns against the Mandalorians, it was at the head of a Sith invasion fleet. He brought the Republic to its knees, but not before a Jedi strike team slipped in. However, before they could attack him, he was betrayed by his own apprentice and former best friend, Malak.

Malak became Dark Lord of the Sith, but Revan survived the attack, however he was struck with amnesia. The Jedi Council took him in, gave him a new identity, that of a humble Republic soldier aboard the cruiser Endar Spire. However, they could not change who he was. He became linked with the Jedi Bastila and, together with a group of companions, they traveled the Galaxy, searching for the Star Forge, the key to the Sith Empire's power. They found it, but Bastila was captured and turned over to the Dark Side. During the colossal battle for the Star Forge, Revan inflitrated the ancient station, returned Bastila to the light, and slew his treacherous old friend, Malak in a duel the likes of which the Galaxy had not seen, nor will ever see again.

Again, Revan was the hero of the Republic, and the Jedi hailed him as the Prodigal Knight. However, almost as soon as he was done, he disappeared again. He felt a calling, from out in the darkness beyond the Outer Rim. It was calling of the True Sith, a threat even greater than Malak's Sith Empire had been. On a small ship, he left the Galaxy, alone, and disappeared in search of the true threat.

Thousands of years passed. Now, in the skies above Coruscant, that small ship returns, ejected from a white hole.

Creed
2010-11-10, 07:20 PM
Character incoming.

Name: Mikael Skaven

Skaven is a scoundrel, thief, gunslinger, pirate, smuggler, and mercenary all rolled into one. He was raised in the bowels of Courescant, and at age 17 began a life of crime, which has continued to today. He is the captain of a small ship called The Raven's Hallow. Due to the fact that most who decide to sign on with Mikael get off at the next planet, he has rigged the ship so he can operate it alone. Part of the ship, underneath the floorboards of the hold, is an arsenal of weaponry, ranging from blaster rifles to bowcasters to Genosian blasters. Skaven allways carries several weapons with him at all time, as well as a number of gadgets to avoid capture.
Skaven wears a long brown coat, and has flamboyant, bright green dyed hair. Somewhatof a romantic, Skaven has no problem announcing his presence with his choice of hair coloration. Inside his coat, he wears a black shirt with a red skull emblazoned on it, and a pair of tight fitting black pants.
Skaven is a scoundrel, but will aid those who he decides to ally himself with to the best of his ability.

Executor
2010-11-10, 09:40 PM
Very cool. Sounds like a punk version of Han Solo, haha.

Creed
2010-11-11, 07:35 AM
Very cool. Sounds like a punk version of Han Solo, haha.

LOLYES!:smallbiggrin:

Mina Kobold
2010-11-11, 03:44 PM
The lord Keveak, creator O' many who-doth-not-pay-attention and, by saying so himself, mediocre artist of the playing grounds has declared character time!

AKA I have a character ready :smalltongue:

Qait Tee (KATH-ee)

Qait is aTogruta (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Togruta) and maintains the Togruta senator's ship. His reddish-orange skin, white markings along with his striped Lekku (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lekku) and Montrals (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Montral) do little to make him stand out from the crowd, a valued trait among the Togruta.
What does make him stand out is his apparent individuality in choosing the solitary profession as a mechanic and despite all his knowledge about ships, droids, ordinary machinery and vending machines social customs and sentient creatures seem quite alien (pun intended) to him. He is prone to odd observations and getting lost on his way to the room next door. despite these apparent gaps in common sense he is a happy and friendly individual who still stick to basic Togruta tactics when faced with danger or other annoyances

So just the usual happy-go-lucky cloudcuckoolander I always play.

Criticism, bad jokes about not being the droids I am looking for, etc? :smalltongue:

nanobot_swarm
2010-11-11, 06:43 PM
I'm interested in this, for it sounds like a fun idea.
I kind of want to play as Jar-Jar, but change him around. For instance, the general conception of him being completely moronic and inept, is actually a facade he puts on to fool people into thinking he is weak. In reality he is highly intelligent, a shrewd diplomat who can get things done, and can actually be quite ruthless when the need arises. He could be a close ally with Palpatine, supporting him in the republic, and helping to gradually engineer his rise to power.

Executor
2010-11-12, 03:25 PM
Nanobot swarm: In a word, YES. That would be hilarious, and you should totally do it.

TruorTupnm
2010-11-12, 10:18 PM
I'd be interested. I have a bunch of characters, but they were all made back when the older Star Wars books and movies were still popular. I've only seen each of the newer movies once and am basically familiar with the Knights Of The Old Republic games but am no expert, when it comes to that material. Would more of an old school Star Wars fan be welcome, or should I attempt to make a character that fits more with the newer Star Wars style (devoid of quirkiness, bad chemistry between characters, stupid humor, and a generous serving of angst in the place of an actual personality)? Ah, that is to type, no offense intended, of course. We were giving opinions on the films, yes? *hides*

Anyways, I'd be interested in playing a Glottalphib (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Glottalphib) that is a smuggler, a ship-for-hire type guy. Or a Ruurian (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ruurian) that is a wily old coot type of character, a retired mercenary or bounty hunter sort who's seen it all. I've got plenty of other characters and can fill other roles, if preferred.

I'm surprised at the lack of people jumping on the roles of characters already from the movies. Would playing without them be a problem? I could see our characters just working with or around them, or just replacing the characters with our own while sticking to the same plots and themes and such.

TwoBitWriter
2010-11-12, 11:29 PM
Artemis and I were in that same game. I had a Human Scoundrel who was a former pirate and held a vendetta against the Jedi. I think he could be interesting to play with the concept.

If there aren't already too many interested parties, that is.

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-13, 12:28 AM
I'm posting interest. Thinking of playing a smuggler/pirate who worked as a spy on varioua republic ships, then managed to convince a Sith to train him when the ship he was on was taken.

Mina Kobold
2010-11-13, 09:31 AM
I'm surprised at the lack of people jumping on the roles of characters already from the movies. Would playing without them be a problem? I could see our characters just working with or around them, or just replacing the characters with our own while sticking to the same plots and themes and such.

We don't have to stick to any plot or theme from the movies. As the opening post state: The change between the prequel trilogy and our game is at the beginning of the second movie where another spaceship arrives with Executor's character and from there on anything can happen as long as Anakin still becomes Darth Vader.

So the characters still exist but they are not necessarily as important to the plot, Mace Windu could survive, Yoda could exile himself much earlier and Jar jar could be chosen as Chancellor for a brief time. Anything could happen!

Emperor Ing
2010-11-13, 01:12 PM
Pikk's backstory is more filled now. It's still very poorly written and probably not worth reading. To put it simply, as a hatchling he found a freighter and snuck on aboard. The freighter was bound for the Jedi Temple when a Knight sensed a powerful force potental on board.

I think Pikk is ready to roll.

The Alexandrian
2010-11-14, 01:27 AM
Count me in!

This sounds really awesome. I always wanted to see the Star Wars saga revamped so that the Clone War era saw less Jedi and focused more on the elites that were the clone commandos that have been mercilessly assailed in the animated series causing them to appear to be weak in spite of their ceaseless training since birth. I wasn't contented by the transition from Anakin to Vader either.

But enough of that, this is hopefully a sufficient character outline.

Iridonians, disputably the most fearsome humanoids in the galaxy. Iridonians have a natural lust for the death of others. They value the challenge of victory over credits in any matter. But most of all, they are addicted to death. It is said that if an Iridonian runs out of enemies to battle, that Iridonian will begin to attack his allies (I say his due to the prevalence of Iridonian males in battle, though Iridonians as a whole are a rather rare sight in a civilized area). Their assault is so relentless that it is a common rumor that they will continue to attack a corpse long after its life has been drained. Of course, these are merely rumors, though these exaggerations aren't as far from the truth as what one might expect. Iridonians are of a rather muscular mesomorphic build. They are about the same height and weight as an average human being, yet they experience much discrimination throughout the galaxy. Their armor and arms have been declared illegal due to the extent of the sheer brutality of their nature. Their armor is seldom sold for less than 1,000 credits in the black market due to its strength and design. Iridonians are a warlike race not unlike the Mandolorians and the Echani. However, Iridonians despise Mandolorians for being credit-obsessed fools and regard the Echani as weaklings.

Teriu Swaiith Ibiton is an Iridonian in descent and remains true to the customs of his people. He is known as Blast to all outsiders, which is a class which encompasses everyone. Iridonians don't have friends. Teriu was raised in a society where only the strong survive. He was involved in countless knife fights since the day he could hold a knife. When he first figured out how to fire a blaster, it was pressed to the chest of an Echani mercenary. Fist fighting was a normal aspect of everyday life. The loser was always sternly reprimanded for losing. There was no such thing as cheating, just survival. From these experiences, Teriu grew to be a skilled fighter. Any Iridonians that aren't skilled fighters live for a very short amount of time in Iridonian society, so it didn't mean much to the Iridonian people. What did set him apart was his ability to adapt to nearly every situation. He possessed the high intellegence and logic required to survive as an Iridonian and more. He learned to be fluent in basic, Mando'a, and Dosh. He possesses a keen wit and mind which gave him the edge he needed to surpass other Iridonians and survive in their culture. He has knowledge of how to slice or program a computer or robot and understands engineering focusing on mechanical engineering. Though he is certainly not a physics major, he can judge about how much force it takes to break that arm or that head open. Though he is rather skilled with a wide asssortment of legal and illegal weaponry, he cannot effectively utilize a lightsaber due to the lack of weight which would be a blade on any other semi-traditional blade. Teriu may seem well-rounded, but this is far from the case. All of the above skills (programming knowledge, weapon proficiency, tactics, knowledge of mechanical engineering and an understanding of physics focused on force, weight distribution, and structural weakness) are required if one wants to survive as a mercenary who typically operates alone for an extended length of time. He possesses a grasp of psychology as well, though this is completely inaccurate and is a damaging trait. He learned about psychology by watching others in his eccentric culture, and expects most others to act in a similar manner to his people causing much unexpected tension by the general lack of tension in other cultures.

Teriu is a tan-skinned humanoid standing approximately six feet one inch tall from head to toe. His eyes are liquid blue and he has rather dominant facial features including defined cheek bones and a chin cleft. His hair is a very dark shade of brown, but this is usually indistinguishable due to his particular fondness of keeping his head shaved. Along his torso, arms, and legs are scars from prior brawls. How his face remained in a rather fine condition is a true mystery. His muscles are defined but none of the above mentioned traits can be ascertained from his appearance because he refuses to remove his armor unless he is in complete solitude. He is considered a haughty, menacing jerk by many who have met him and most people will not converse with him due to their fear of all Iridonians. His voice reflects his upbringing. It is rather deep though slightly musical. His tone generally seems like one of melancholy.

Teriu's armor is medium-strength armor, about the same specifications as the clone body armor except for its style. It is completely black with a black visor. He wears this because, as afore mentioned, his Iridorian armor is illegal and it would be unwise to sport it in public. He carries a DC-17m with him in public and a FWG-5 flechette pistol with him as opposed to the standard DC-15 sidearm. The vibroshiv in the right gauntlet was installed as well (as it is with standard Katarn armor). He has additionally mounted a jet pack to this armor. Due to his clone trooper like appearance he is generally not hasseled for wearing this armor in public The Iridorian armor he possesses is a little stronger and more durable armor, though it sacrifices some speed for this. It is in a different style than the Katarn armor and has a low ammo flamethrower integrated into the system making the use of a sidearm for this suit rather unnecessary.

Teriu travels in a GPE-7300 where he stores his arms and cargo. He purchased this using what few credits he had from his previous missions. Still, the future looks promising, seeing as he is merely twenty-one years of age and is just as interested in in improving his mind as he is his body. If he improves both well enough, he will be able to kill more people! This is what motivates him to train daily, though he does not work for the Separatists...exclusively...

Artemis97
2010-11-14, 05:27 PM
I finally dug up my old character description, it's not much, but it's a start.

Name: Analla Keltar
Race: Zeltron
Class: Noble

Analla is one of the many daughters of the Keltar family, famous for their exotic hologram programs. Rather than sit back and enjoy the pampered life of an heiress, she placed herself into the family business, determined to see how it worked from the ground up. Her steady climb through the ranks has landed her a position in one of the more nefarious branches of the hologram business, namely the art of smuggling contraband programs onto various planets. While Analla has never had much hands-on experience in smuggling, she is brilliant at making contacts and setting up deals. She has a gift for languages and uses all of her Zeltron charm and abilities to get her way.

Analla is of average height and rather curvy, with red skin of a medium tone. Her hair is dark red, straight, and shoulder length. Her eyes are a deep, sapphire blue. She tends to wear dresses in tones of blue or green, accented with gold. The colors are more subdued, and the cut less revealing than what the average Zeltron might wear, but Analla feels that less is more, and would rather let her other qualities draw attention to her, not just her clothes. Besides, dressing too outrageously might offend some of the non-Zeltrons she deals with.

Executor
2010-11-14, 07:32 PM
Sounds good Artemis, good to have you with us :smallsmile:

I'm still looking for other GMs to form something of a moderating team for this game, just so you guys know.

TwoBitWriter
2010-11-15, 08:44 AM
I have dug around as well, and found Jack Jerrod's backstory. I can edit it to fit the setting, naturally. It was originally an Old Republic character...

Backstory
Jack Jerrod was born on Alderaan, to a wealthy family. His promised life of wealth and privilege were lost when his father lost his wealth to the Hutts through bad business dealings and investments.

Jack, at the age of eight, was suddenly impoverished and his family was forced to move into the gritter part of town. It didn't take long for the locals to find out who the Jerrod's were and Jack was beaten almost daily by bullies seeking to exact revenge on the "rich boy."

As such, Jack grew up learning the tricks of the back alleys in order to avoid his attackers. He joined a street gang for protection, and learned how to handle a blaster.

When he was sixteen, Jack joined the crew of a spacing freighter owned by a Hutt crimelord (Jabba?), intent on leaving his impoverished life behind forever. He was smart, and quick to learn new tasks. However, life on the vessel was harsh, and Jack was still mistreated as one of the few humans on board. He grew to resent his Hutt masters, and yearned for a chance to be freed.

One day a crew of privateers waylaid his vessel, and took the ship for themselves. Jack was impressed by the fighting skill and ferocity of the pirates, and he was first to join them when the pirates began recruiting from the crew of the freighter.

For the next several years of his life, Jack worked for the pirate crew, focusing their raids on Hutt-controlled ships and worlds. This was the life that suited Jack best. He became a skilled pilot, and flew many daring raids on larger ships. He stacked up an impressive amount of fighter kills, and gained some degree of notoriety in the Outer Rim. During the growth of the empire, Jack's crew began taking on more and more jobs, attacking shipping vessels and trading posts to help stunt the empire's growth.

One day, he was taken aside by his captain and told that a representative of the Republic requested he send one of his best men to him for a special mission. They needed a representative for Alderaan, and the captain had remembered that Jack once mentioned being from there. He was instructed to be left off at an undisclosed location, and to take the shuttle to where a special meeting was to be held.

Jack was loathe to leave the ones he considered his real family, but understand that he must follow his captain's order.

Jack is loyal to his pirate roots, and is only willing to work with his new group because he has to. However, if he learns to trust them, they will find him a worthy ally.

Appearance
He is lean, almost wiry, but with handsome facial features. His hair is chestnut brown and kept shaggy and wild and his eyes are a deep brown to match his hair. If one were to catch a glimpse at his back, one might see the occasional glimpse of what appear to be deep brown streaks on his lower neck and lower back when he moves in a way that lifts his shirt slightly.

Also found his equipment list and Talents as he was made using Saga rules. This is subject to GM approval, naturally. I am posting it mainly to help give a clearer view of his abilities and personality.

Talents/Skills/Feats
1) Sneak Attack - Add 1d6 damage when opponent denied dex bonus to reflex defense of caught flat-footed.
2) Hyperdriven - When aboard a starship, 1/day add scoundrel level bonus to any single roll.
3) Spacehound - no penalty to attack rolls in zero-g. ignore space sickness, and proficient with starship weapons.
4) Fool's Luck - Standard action, use force point to gain one of the following for the rest of the encounter: +1 to attack rolls, +5 to skill checks, or +1 bonus to all defenses
5) Fortune's Favor - Whenever you score a critical hit, gain a free standard action.

Bonus Feats:
1) Skill Focus (Pilot) - Gain +5 bonus to pilot skill
2) Vehicular Combat - Negate one attack per round on vehicle you are piloting.
3) Precise Shot - no -5 penalty for shooting into melee.
4) Quick Draw - Draw weapon as a swift action
5) Point Blank Shot - +1 Bonus to attacks within 6 squares.

Trained Skills:
1) Pilot
2) Deception
3) Perception
4) Mechanics
5) Acrobatics
6) Knowledge (Galactic Lore)

Equipment
1) Blaster Carbine w/ retractable stock (usually keeps it extended)
2) 4 Frag Grenades
3) Vibrodagger (More used as a tool than a weapon)
4) Short-Range Comlink
5) Flight Suit
6) All-Temperature cloak
7) Ration Pack
8) Binder Cuffs
9) 4 Power Packs
10) Tool Kit

Ashen Lilies
2010-11-16, 09:16 AM
Color me interested. Is more than one character acceptable? What character I bring as my 'main' character may vary depending on whether I get a second or not. Though I might not bring in a second anyway, as my other idea is... rather odd.

Executor
2010-11-17, 12:16 AM
Yes, I think two characters is very acceptable :smallsmile:

Cracklord
2010-11-17, 12:22 AM
Is this own characters, or established ones? Because I really want to play Paul Atredis, and the star wars universe would be perfect for him.
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/2493/fanartdune5paulatreides.jpg

If not, allow me to DM team evil anyway, as long as you don't mind me changing their personalities a little.

Executor
2010-11-17, 12:23 AM
Well I wasn't thinking about making it a crossover, but we could do so.

Cracklord
2010-11-17, 12:27 AM
It's up to you, of course.
I mean, I understand that it would create a few problems with setting and that sort of thing, and I understand that he's quite a bit more powerful then them (the voice and the witching way, his knife skills and the fact he can see the future added to the fact that his shield makes light-sabers essentially useless), so maybe that would be a bad idea.
Just the same...

The Alexandrian
2010-11-17, 12:28 AM
Are we going to have a set amount of planets the characters can visit or will the reachable areas encompass the whole galaxy?

I could try to help GM. I know Star Wars like I know myself yet I'm relatively "new" to FFRP.

Cracklord
2010-11-17, 12:40 AM
The advantage of crossover, of course, is that it allows you to play characters and types who would normally be impossible. I mean, Star Wars, while a rich and vibrant setting, is well and trully possible to broaden up, and with cross overs it allows people to play character types the universe doesn't make opportunity for.
It would be cool to play a Vulcan, Lensman or whatever in Star Wars.
That's the advantage. The problem is that it rapidly becomes too difficult and complex to keep up, and you have no excuse to say no when someone wants to play Star Fox or Captain Falcon, despite not really fitting the tone of the game.
So it's the sort of thing you have to consider carefully.

Executor
2010-11-17, 12:51 AM
We could do it. I mean, I would like to see Paul Atreides interacting with Jedi and all, I just need some time to ponder which settings would be appropriate for merging with Star Wars, and how to balance out things like Paul's shields.

Artemis97
2010-11-17, 01:21 AM
Just my 2cp, but I think shields would be a very bad defense against light sabers. Light sabers are also known as laser swords, and what do you get when you cross a laser with a shield?

BOOM!

Of course, there's probably something silly about light sabers that prevents this. Who knows? Also that picture looks more like Leto Atreides to me, rather than Paul. I always pictured him as clean-shaven, being so young at the start of the books. Still, he probably would take after his father, wouldn't he?

And now I'm rambling...

Anyways, on a more serious note, if I may be allowed some input, I'd prefer if crossovers didn't happen. Like Cracklord pointed out, there's a good chance for things to get really silly and break the tone of the game.

Also, I dislike it when people play established characters from whatever setting. But that's a personal thing. It seems cheap to me. Plus, if it's a character is one I know well and love (as Paul happens to be), it rubs me the wrong way if the player gets details wrong.

That said, I like it when characters are (loosely) inspired by established characters. But just full on copying them strikes me as lazy and unimaginative.

*looks over post* Right... I think I'm being a little too negative here. Sorry if I offend anyone with it.

Cracklord
2010-11-17, 02:21 AM
Personally, I prefer playing established characters, and there are many reasons why that is, particularly in this sort of game, but for now I'll leave that aside. It's really a matter of preference, and an argument better taken up elsewhere. There are good points for both arguments, in other words.

As to the picture, depends when we are talking. I always see him much as he appeared in the mini series, in the first book at least. But as emperor I always see him with a beard (yes, like his father), and I can't picture him without one as the prophet. The whole old testament look is just not complete without a beard, no messiah is.

As to the Lightsaber thing, well then does Paul get a sandworm? I mean, if we're wielding weapons of choice then my weapon of choice is a sandworm. And yes, the kaboom thing did occur to me. And it would occur to Paul as well. Of course he doesn't need a shield to kick ass.

Finally, my argument was that there are reasons why a crossover would be a good idea, and reasons why it would not. I agree that it gives less mature players a chance to detract from the theme and setting, and make a mockery of the game, or to waste time with bridging various settings and working to establish continuity, or to just play overpowered characters that make the game no fun, or get us involved in an arms race to have the most overpowered character.

But it also creates opportunities for interesting dynamic, interactions and characters that the star wars universe does not make provisions for, and cannot without removing the elements that make it Star Wars. It allows characters equally familiar as the NPC's to add to the setting, and creates roleplay opportunities that would not otherwise exist. To my mind dismissing the idea all together due to a few negative points is simplistic and not really very useful.

Yes, we all dislike it when we see badly written charactitures of our favorite characters. But I am gravely insulted if you think I could do a worse job then has already been done in the more recent additions to the cycle. Gravely insulted indeed, and will remove this stain on my honor by demanding satisfaction.

Pistols at dawn, sah! Pistols at dawn!

Ashen Lilies
2010-11-17, 08:06 AM
Yes, I think two characters is very acceptable :smallsmile:

Hmm... well, I have an idea for a character that might be somewhat odd, and maybe slightly overpowered.
See, it's a ghost ship. A ghost frigate, actually. Perhaps a Praetorian-class (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Praetorian-class_frigate) frigate, but not sure. Frigate class chosen mostly as it would be a threat to your typical spacer, but still vulnerable enough to be taken down should someone make the effort, unlike say... a capital ship.
But anyway. Ghost ship. Several thousands of years old, decrepit and falling apart, kept active and (barely) intact solely by the lingering taint of the Dark Side. 'Twould have an avatar of sorts, a single astromech droid, indeed, the only functioning droid on the ship, which acts in tandem with the ship's computer to accomplish their one goal. What is that goal? Resurrection. By any means necessary. The ship must have a captain, after all.
There's more detail, including proper descriptions, but I'll hold off until I get a yes/no. I wouldn't mind in the slightest if it's a no. It is a rather odd concept for a Star Wars RP, and perhaps overpowered, though my intent is that the ship is more of a long-term villainous sort of threat, with the droid being the 'true' character.

Other character (a Jedi) likely less controversial, and will be getting a proper write up some time in the near future.

horngeek
2010-11-17, 08:13 AM
Right. Two things.

Firstly, I'd prefer it not be a true crossover. If we have characters from other series, they should be adapted to the Star Wars universe, maybe using the themes that make the character, but no technology or abilities that couldn't fit into the pre-existing SW universe. Just my two cents, if the majority of people disagree, I won't complain. But this is Star Wars, not Science Fiction: Lynching.

Second, my idea is a Miraluka Jedi Knight, could have any role, really. She'd be known for being very perceptive. And that's all I've got at the moment, really. I'll think up some more later. :smalltongue:

TwoBitWriter
2010-11-17, 09:02 AM
I am personally against crossovers myself, and I agree with Artemis regarding pre-established characters. It seems too cheap and easy to play an established character. I think it would be wrong for one or two people to play the characters of the setting as their actions in-game may cause too much controversy with other players (ie Mace Windu would never do that!)

I think it would have to be all or nothing, personally.

Also... I think we should maybe limit how many jedi we have in the group. I know it is Star Wars, but it would be less fun to have a party of mostly jedi and one or two non-jedi.

The Alexandrian
2010-11-17, 09:31 AM
I have to side with the anti-crossovers party. With crossovers the game is not Star Wars but something along the lines of the Nexus with people doing crazy stuff that they couldn't do in Star Wars such as trying to battle the Rebel Alliance in a Landmaster or creating nonforce powers for themselves. I do see how your character could be easily transformed to be able to be in the galaxy though Cracklord.

In KOTOR they had extremely limited length personal force fields that would protect from physical damage or blasters. Their effects lasted for an extremely short time due to overheating so they could save someone's life for around 30-45 seconds(don't quote me on that number).

The sand worm wouldn't work (they are rather indominable by mind tricks/machinery/etc) but he could train a battle rancor (but that would make it so that he was constantly under attack until it was dead, so it really doesn't solve that problem).

Also the Jedi may be seem overpowered and godly but if they are shot with the FWG-5 pistol, they pretty much flee within ASAP I get that people don't like a bunch of force-users but the galaxy was swarming with them during the Clone Wars Era.

If I'm not mistaken, the number of nonforce-sensitives currently outnumbers the amount of Jedi in this thread. Limiting the number of Jedi would not in my mind be a good thing. It would limit the character options and only allow a set few to use force powers. Some people might claim that that is unfair

Love the ghost ship idea Kid Kris. Reminds me of the Sith Tombs for some reason.

Emperor Ing
2010-11-17, 10:33 AM
I vote against crossover characters. Now then if you were to make a character that's inspired by Paul...that's a different story.

and Kris' Space Hulk idea sounds interesting. I personally vote a yes for this.

TruorTupnm
2010-11-17, 01:21 PM
Huh. If the ghost ship idea is not out of the question, I would then ask if I'd be allowed to play one of these ---> http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Oswaft They both sound like characters that could be a lot of fun, even though they wouldn't be able to do much that isn't a space dogfight. Either way, I never got an okay for joining this story at all. Should I have taken the lack of response as a subtle signal that I should back off, for some unspecified reason? Merely wondering what happens to be up.

Emperor Ing
2010-11-17, 01:27 PM
Ah yes "Oswaft." The race of sentient biological starships allegedly waiting in the ThonBoka Nebula. Oh we have dismissed that claim.
:smalltongue:

Cracklord
2010-11-17, 03:20 PM
Yeah, fine. I'll just DM the Emperor and the separatists then.

IcemanJRC
2010-11-17, 05:09 PM
Hm... I was wondering, can I gets in on dis? I was in the first one and think I'd like to try again.

Artemis97
2010-11-18, 01:56 AM
Yes, we all dislike it when we see badly written charactitures of our favorite characters. But I am gravely insulted if you think I could do a worse job then has already been done in the more recent additions to the cycle. Gravely insulted indeed, and will remove this stain on my honor by demanding satisfaction.

Pistols at dawn, sah! Pistols at dawn!

o.o

Now, now, let's be reasonable!

I never meant that as a personal attack nor to mean you any offense, but you provided quite the perfect example with Paul. I could easily replace him with a dozen other characters, but my brain is lazy. As for the more recent books, I happen to enjoy reading the prequels. Although, I haven't gotten through all of them. School has cut severely into my pleasure reading time. That and the lack of down-time between classes. And my laptop, which lets me be on here all the time...

But I digress! Because I've heard some rather unflattering things about the latest sequels. I don't think I can bring myself to entirely disagree with you.

And a random thought popped into my head: It might be amusing for a Duncan Idaho clone to pop up somewhere. (Yes, yes. I'm apparently a hypocrit, leave me alone. =P It's not like there aren't hundreds of him anyways.)

Right... Anyways, it's not that I don't think crossovers couldn't be fun or interesting, indeed you all make some very convincing arguments, but my fear that a few people will come in and make a mockery of the entire game is rather large. (And then they'll bring friends, who will bring more friends, and they'll push us all out and the whole game will be nothing but overpowered super dudes with spikey anime hair and giant swords destroying planets at a whim! The world will end!!!)

*cough*

So, I absolutely love Kid Kris' idea for that ghost ship.

And I think limiting the amount of force-users would be unfair. If we all play nice together, it shouldn't be a problem. And if it does become a problem, well, cutting back on their numbers isn't going to fix it.

TwoBitWriter
2010-11-18, 08:27 AM
*Old Man Grumbles* Stupid kids thinking Star Wars is only Jedi... *Grumbles*

:smalltongue:

Emperor Ing
2010-11-18, 11:23 AM
I might be a purist, but I think we're trying to separate ourselves from Nexus. By allowing a crossover from one universe, hell, why can't there be someone who is able to project their will on reality because they've entered The Sphere (Read Sphere by Michael Crichton) or a wayward Ultramarines Scout or for that matter, Drizzt Do'urden himself. I don't have a problem that i'm worried you'll skrew up the character, I just think we should keep this a purely Star Wars setting.

I think the simple thing to do is to adapt Paul to the Star Wars setting. Make a minor edit to his name (Paul Atreddies? :smalltongue:) and refluff him to fit the setting (Is born and raised in the powerful Atreddies family on Tatooine, X, Y, and Z happens, Paul joins a prominent Sand People tribe, and A, B, and C happens, he is now at W.) You can probably go a bit more in-depth by refluffing the Crysknife to be made from greater krayt dragon (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Greater_krayt_dragon) teeth

Executor
2010-11-19, 02:00 AM
I agree with Randomizer, Paul adapted to the Star Wars setting would be most excellent.

Emperor Ing
2010-11-19, 05:33 PM
For the purposes of roleplaying, Krayt Dragon Crysknives are resistant to lightsabers along the vein of cortosis weaves.

Executor
2010-11-20, 01:08 PM
Indeed, and Sand People might be able to ride krayt dragons as well as banthas, but Paul was the first in hundreds of years to ride a greater krayt dragon, since he's the Kwisatch Haderach/Chosen One/Whatever.

Falgorn
2010-11-20, 01:38 PM
Question: Would playing a senator as a character be acceptable?

Lillith
2010-11-20, 05:21 PM
Hmmm I am quite interested. Though I'm not sure what to play as. On one hand I'd love to play as someone evil, but I also want to play a Jedi. I doubt those two can be combined since you only have 2 evil siths and I wouldn't want my char to be the Emperor's pupil per say. Hmm... Maybe I could play a Jedi who just graduated in their education and is know a master/knight?

Emperor Ing
2010-11-20, 05:27 PM
Jedis finished in their education are apprentices/padawans. Knight rank, I believe, is reserved for veteran jedi whom have proven themselves as jedi by deed as well as word repeatedly. Masters are the best of the best.

Also, because this is taking place at about the time of Episode II, Sidious' current apprentice is Darth Tyrannis/Count Dooku.

Lillith
2010-11-20, 05:30 PM
Ah thanks for clearing that up. I never really got the hang of the ranks. :smallredface: So say that my Jedi just got 'graduated' so it doesn't have a constant teacher around like Jinn/Obi Wan or Obi Wan/Anakin, what would it's rank/name be?

Executor
2010-11-20, 05:30 PM
Yes, but Count Dooku took on many apprentices during the Clone Wars. Lillith's character could be one of those. :smallsmile:

Emperor Ing
2010-11-20, 05:33 PM
Ah thanks for clearing that up. I never really got the hang of the ranks. :smallredface: So say that my Jedi just got 'graduated' so it doesn't have a constant teacher around like Jinn/Obi Wan or Obi Wan/Anakin, what would it's rank/name be?
Standard procedure in Master/Apprentice relationships in the Jedi is that it remains long after the apprentice is able to have an apprentice, though this has more to do with the relationship that develops between the two than anything offical.

Yes, but Count Dooku took on many apprentices during the Clone Wars. Lillith's character could be one of those. :smallsmile:
That actually makes sense now that I think about it. :smalltongue: By all means, go for it!

Lillith
2010-11-20, 05:35 PM
Ohhh goodie! :smallbiggrin: Now I have to find out what the Sith powers are! :smallbiggrin: I'll post up a char asap.

TheLaughingMan
2010-11-20, 05:49 PM
Posting interest. :smallredface: May play as a trooper?

Executor
2010-11-21, 01:19 PM
Well, it'll be a while until the clone troopers get involved, so you could be a Judicial trooper (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Judicial_Forces), which, to me, seems like a hybrid soldier/police officer/UN peacekeeper IN SPACE.

Emperor Ing
2010-11-21, 01:27 PM
Since Ep. 2 takes place only over a few days, it's not farfetched to assume that several (say, a few dozen individuals) clone officers were authorized to travel throughout major hubs of the Republic for example Coruscant or Alderaan to get a more hands-on experience in Republic culture & stuff.

Executor
2010-11-21, 01:37 PM
A few days? I thought it took place over a few weeks. I mean, even giving the short travel times in hyperspace, it seemed to me like Anakin and Amidala were hiding out on Naboo for some time, plus political debates are ALWAYS drawn out.

Ashen Lilies
2010-11-22, 04:58 AM
Jedis finished in their education are apprentices/padawans. Knight rank, I believe, is reserved for veteran jedi whom have proven themselves as jedi by deed as well as word repeatedly. Masters are the best of the best.

Also, because this is taking place at about the time of Episode II, Sidious' current apprentice is Darth Tyrannis/Count Dooku.

As far as I can recall, Jedi become Padawans at around 10 or so (13 at the very latest) and leave the Temple, becoming apprenticed to a single 'master' (but not necessarily a Master). After around a decade of training (as the Padawan approaches their late teens/twenties) they go through the Jedi Trials, at the conclusion of which they are granted the rank of Knight. The title of Master is granted by the council to Knights who have proven themselves to be exceptional Jedi time and time again, or to any Knight who has successfully trained a Padawan to Knighthood.

Lillith
2010-11-22, 05:34 AM
Name: Maya (does she need a Darth name?)
Race: Human
Appearance: Short dark purple hair to her shoulders, in a ponytail. Has a scar on her right cheek and dark blue eyes. She is muscular from training and very agile. She wears a dark purple top with a dark black pants and dark purple boots.
History: Maya's parents were great admirers of the Sith and had vastly studied their ways and powers. Their planet had been quite isolated from the rest of the universe so influences from outer space weren't very big and it is believed the Sith/Apprentice couple hadn't visited there prior to the big ending.
Believing that the Dark side of the Force would lead them to power and wealth, Zacharia and Ariadne, Maya's parents, tried to use the Dark ways and gain a base of followers. When Maya was born and showed signs of being able to use the Force, her parents made sure she'd be initiated to the Dark side. They themselves did not have any power of it, but managed to seduce a Jedi knight, who came to visit the planet after messages of dark activities, on training her. When Maya was still young, her parents had gathered a large following on their planet and were planning on going galactic with as main goal to overthrow the Jedi council and become the only Force users.
Maya in the meantime had learned the basics of using the Force when the Jedi council became aware of the small army in the desolated planet. After thorough investigation they discovered that Zacharia and Ariadne had found a book with ancient texts that hailed from the ages where Sith still ruled. It has yet to be discovered how that datachip ended up on such a backwater planet, but it's secrets were deemed too dangerous and therefore the Jedi decided to destroy the entire army.
Maya, fully believing her parents were fighting for the forces of good and were trying to make the world a better place, saw the attack of the Jedi as an act of an oppressive force onto innocents. Murdering innocent people if they don't live up to the ideas of the Jedi.
Her Jedi instructor managed to get her off the planet safely but was killed in the process. While Maya's parents were killed, the datachip of the Sith was nowhere to be found.
After traveling around aimlessly, Count Dooku stumbled onto the young child and fed her believe that the Jedi council was evil with even stronger lies. He took her under her wing and is now using Maya as one of his (and therefore the Emperors) pawns into infiltrating the Jedi council and destroying it from within.
Personality: Maya is very serious and doesn't laugh a lot. She is very goal orientated and will do almost anything to achieve it. When infiltrating the Jedi she shows lack of ability to 'relax' or 'have fun'.

Edit: Better? (and no, Maya does not have the datachip in possession, it's still on the planet.)

Executor
2010-11-23, 09:36 PM
I might suggest a more developed background than just "Parents killed". I see the whole "orphan with tragic past" thing a lot. People seem to use it like an excuse not to write a complete backstory. Not to say that you're doing that, but I'd like to see more backstory :smallsmile:

Lillith
2010-11-24, 04:28 AM
Alright, I'll be a bit slow with changing it though. Since I'm kind of pressed for time right now with school things. ^^" So it might be this weekend, just wanted to let you know that I saw your response.

Mina Kobold
2010-11-24, 06:10 AM
I might suggest a more developed background than just "Parents killed". I see the whole "orphan with tragic past" thing a lot. People seem to use it like an excuse not to write a complete backstory. Not to say that you're doing that, but I'd like to see more backstory :smallsmile:

*Hopes his character's complete lack of backstory is not noticed*

Lillith
2010-11-24, 04:36 PM
Changed Maya's background somewhat, is this better? I guess if you really object to the parents dying I can let them be captured or something?

Mina Kobold
2010-11-25, 05:31 AM
Changed Maya's background somewhat, is this better? I guess if you really object to the parents dying I c an let them be captured or something?

I think his point was that people use it to excuse for their character not having a backstory or being a Mary Sue.

I, however, don't see that with Maya so in my opinion you are doing fine :smallsmile:

Lillith
2010-11-25, 06:58 AM
Hmm well I had her background in my head and wanted her to be whatcha call it... morally ambiguous? Also playing a bit mysterious! ^^" But mostly I was a bit afraid I might step out of bounds what with the book and all and having a planet where Jedi and Sith barely happen to stumble on.

Mina Kobold
2010-11-25, 07:12 AM
Hmm well I had her background in my head and wanted her to be whatcha call it... morally ambiguous? Also playing a bit mysterious! ^^" But mostly I was a bit afraid I might step out of bounds what with the book and all and having a planet where Jedi and Sith barely happen to stumble on.

No problem, we're just cautious and paranoid :smallbiggrin:

The book is a tad weird to me, considering nobody uses paper in the Star Wars Universe, not even in the games that take place thousands of years before the movies! Maybe a datacard of sorts?

There are plenty of planets without Jedi, though. Tatooine is one and it doesn't even take Republic credit despite being right on the edge of it :smallwink:

Lillith
2010-11-25, 08:45 AM
Oh yeah that's true. Well I wanted to go old school but I guess these days everybody connected to the modern universe would have data and computers. So just read 'datachip' where 'book' is being said. Though I think I changed all the books already.

Emperor Ing
2010-11-25, 08:46 AM
So....is there any indication when we'd start?

Executor
2010-11-25, 09:45 PM
Hmm, a good question. Would this weekend work for you guys?

The Alexandrian
2010-11-25, 10:15 PM
Sounds perfect to me.

Let's do this thing!

Lillith
2010-11-26, 04:47 AM
Sure, is my character approved now though?

Mina Kobold
2010-11-26, 06:04 AM
Oh yeah that's true. Well I wanted to go old school but I guess these days everybody connected to the modern universe would have data and computers. So just read 'datachip' where 'book' is being said. Though I think I changed all the books already.

Datacards are old school, they might still be using them but accordig to the games I've played stuff like astromech droids have been virtually unchanged for millenia so datacards are probably very very old.

Weekend sounds good, by the way :smallsmile:

Emperor Ing
2010-11-26, 08:01 AM
Hmm, a good question. Would this weekend work for you guys?

Reasonable enough. :smallsmile:

Artemis97
2010-11-26, 01:33 PM
Slight possibility I might be a few days late coming in. Finals week, you see and I've got papers due. However, I'll most likely be able to get at least one post in during a break or something. So long as we don't move at hyperspeed, I should be able to keep up.

Ashen Lilies
2010-11-28, 12:03 AM
Character!

Kalya Shaanti

Name: Kalya Shaanti
Species: Human
Profession: Jedi Consular

Appearance:
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x280/kriskatarn/KaylaShaanti.png
Kalya is a handsome, possibly even beautiful woman with brown skin and browner eyes, standing at a lightly built 160cm (5'3") in height. Due to her strong connection to the force, age has only just begun to lay its hand upon her. Her face has few lines, and her hair is just beginning to show a touch of white. What most people tend to note about Kalya (if they notice her at all: see 'Abilities section') is her incredible warmth and dignified bearing, appearing as a single stone in a fast moving stream, out of touch with the hustle and rush of life.

Backstory: One a Jedi Master of reasonably high standing, though never too high, as Kalya was considered to be somewhat of a maverick by the Council, finding herself in opposition to the Council's wishes at almost every turn. Instead of being 'Guardians' of the Peace, Kalya felt that the Council and the Order should aggressively pursue Peace, defusing hostilities and threats before they arise, even if it must be done through subterfuge and other means somewhat beyond Republic law. Needless to say, this caused much consternation, and occasional murmurings of 'Dark Side' by some among the Jedi. Despite her radical goals however, Kalya once persued them with a commitment to non-violence that goes beyond the typical Jedi pacifism. In fact, she considered violence to be a cowardice of sorts, taking the easy option out instead of bearing what needed to born. However, her strong will was not shared by her former padawan who, influenced by her teachings, went off the deep end, eventually killing several high placed politicians and entrepreneurs, as well as several members of his own order who came after him, before he was confronted and slain by his former master. Following this, Kalya went into self-imposed exile, fleeing to the edges of the Republic, where she lived as a refugee on various Mid Rim and Outer Rim worlds, always alone, but never far from civilization. Recently however, she has returned to Coruscant and the Order, citing 'coming troubles' as the cause.

Equipment: Kalya travels light. She no longer deems it appropriate to wear the traditional robes of the Order, however her sensibilities are much the same; her wardrobe consisting of thick cloaks and gowns in varying shades of brown and green. Relics from her past include her own lightsaber - a slender construction with a slightly overlong hilt and a green blade - as well as a thicker, blue lightsaber once wielded by her apprentice, a practitioner of Form V.

Abilities: Powerful in the ways of the Force, Kalya was most noted among the Order for her skill in disguise, using low-level telepathic suggestion to cause the inattentive to fail to register her presence, and even shrinking her presence in the Force to a mere fraction of its strength, rendering her almost invisible to other Force sensitives. During her years as a Jedi, Kalya has mastered a personalized form of Form III, combined with some of the more defensive elements of Form II, which she uses to outlast her opponents in the rare cases that she deems it necessary to activate her lightsaber, surviving the onslaught until the situation may be non-violently defused or escaped.

Lillith
2010-11-28, 08:21 AM
I'll post, if my character hasn't been approved I guess just pretend that it isn't there. (Also would like to get notification on if it has been approved or not)

Edit: I just realized Maya should have had an excuse to join the order without having been raised by them. So I left the details vague as to how she got accepted. Just in case the GM's might want to use that for the story or whatever.

Executor
2010-11-28, 11:48 AM
Sorry Lillith, your character is approved :smallsmile: Yours too Kid Kris.

RabbitHoleLost
2010-11-28, 04:50 PM
Is it too late to throw my hat into this?
I mean, I'd likely want to do something with the Troopers, so I can wait a bit and all, I just wanted to ask >>

Emperor Ing
2010-11-28, 04:54 PM
Only if I get to decapitate you at some point. :smallwink:

RabbitHoleLost
2010-11-28, 06:38 PM
Only if I get to decapitate you at some point. :smallwink:
Oooo, promise? :smalltongue:

The premise of this whole thing is pretty interesting, though I did like the prequels. And I'm hard up on good roleplay these days...

Lillith
2010-11-28, 07:23 PM
Btw, is there any sort of storyline in this rp? I'm not really sure what job I should describe to Maya. I mean I could be bold and have her replace Anakin/Obi Wan as Padme's guardians (not that I'd do that. For one, OP's char is the changing factor in this story so I guess until his presences has a wrinkle effect we can't be too out of the ordinary). But yeah, should I just go along with what I can think off or should I keep something in mind? etc.

Executor
2010-11-28, 07:31 PM
I have a storyline planned, trust me. Just wait for my update post. Right now, I must finish some homework, and I hope to have it done later this evening.

horngeek
2010-11-29, 03:39 PM
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081230050643/starwars/images/4/46/Miraluka_KotORCG.jpg
Name: Cayya Jann
Species: Miraluka

A relatively young Jedi, and one of those who still keep the tradition of the Jedi Sentinels alive, Cayya is a young Miraluka. She is generally calm, not letting emotions get in the way of her duties, but also believes that the Jedi should not be as separate as they are. She generally travels the galaxy, finding her own situations where the aid of a Jedi is requested, but right now, she is back at Coruscant recovering from some injuries received during her last mission.

Her fighting style is a very acrobatic, Force-enhanced version of Form IV, that borrows a lot from Master Yoda's fighting style. Unusually for a Jedi, she also has no compunctions against fighting in a way that could be considered 'dirty', since she views saving lives as far more important than some concept of fighting fair.

So, what do you think?

Mina Kobold
2010-11-29, 04:06 PM
Just to be sure: The Dynamic class is at least 500 years old, right?

Wookieepedia seems to indicate that (the manufacturing company was bought by a competitioner at that time but the ship itself was in use millenia before)

Emperor Ing
2010-11-29, 04:38 PM
The Ebon Hawk (pretty much the most famous Dynamic class freighter) was around during the events of KotOR I & II, AKA ~4000 years before the Clone Wars. Indications say they're at least slightly older than that. Yeah, they're ridiculously old.

happyturtle
2010-12-01, 06:43 AM
((Don't forget to edit the OP of this and the IC thread with a [Tag] at the start of the title, such as [SW] :smallsmile:))

Artemis97
2010-12-01, 05:32 PM
Alright, I'm in the game, and all my papers are written and turned in, so no more missing updates for me!

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-01, 09:15 PM
<_<...>_>...

Yes. I am looking to join this fine RP thingy.

Just gotta get a character going now. Tossing around idea of a bounty hunter.

horngeek
2010-12-01, 09:17 PM
Executor, can I have a confirmation on whether my character is good or no?

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-01, 10:21 PM
Name: Arya Jolkina (AJ for short, also goes by Edge)
Trade: Bounty Hunter

Appearance: AJ doesn't posses a large stature. She stands at 5'3", and weighs 120 lbs. She keeps her hair cut short, and its color varies from time to time. Currently, it's a dark shade of blue. Her eyes are a brilliant blue. She tends to wear loose clothing, her usual outfit consisting of black cargo pants, a dark red tank top, a brown duster, and black boots. Her back has many tattoos, mostly consisting of a seemingly random, swirling pattern.

Personality: AJ usually has an attitude of "Not my problem". She's not one to give money to the homeless, or hold doors open for people. If you get her attention, she'll be as talkative as needed. She can be sarcastic and mean at times. But, she's only that way because she thinks it's funny. Most of the time, she's care-free and easy going, taking life a day at a time.

When it comes down to it, she'll usually do the right thing. But that really only applies to major things, like choosing to destroy a planet or not.

History: AJ hails from Nar Shaddaa. She was born and raised in one of the many slums there. For what she had, her childhood was alright. As she grew up in that area, she would earn some extra spending money running errands for various merchants. Mostly picking up supplies from other shops at first. But, she start to get more involved in the illegal side of these errands. She would sometimes spy on one shop for another, giving her employer information on what his competition was doing. She also started getting send out to do some sabotage work. She got fairly good at sneaking around, and knows the streets of Nar Shaddaa like the back of her hand at this point.

When she was 16, she started taking jobs that took her away from the small moon. The first ones never went far, and always came back. But, eventually, she started going further and further away. It was during this time that she started learning more of her current skills, including piloting and fighting.

At the age of 21, she sought to make a name for herself. Donning the name "Edge", she sought out various people to take on darker jobs, including kidnapping and assassination. Her reputation started to grow, and she was sought out more often. She purchased her own ship, and used the profit from her jobs to modify it. She never did her own mechanical work, but instead of just one mechanic, she went to many. This helped decreased the chances of somebody getting info on her ship that she didn't want shared.

Currently, she is focusing more on bounty hunting, mostly just taking in various targets. She came to Coruscant because it had been a while since she last passed through, and she figured some new jobs might have opened up.

Weapons: AJ tries to have some kind of weapon on her at all times. This usually consists of a combat knife and a small blaster. She is fairly skilled with most weapons, though she prefers blasters overall. Her ship has various kinds of blasters, and a couple of melee weapons, such as a Vibrosword.

Abilities: As said earlier, AJ is fairly skilled with most weapons. She is also skilled in hand-to-hand combat. She is a skilled pilot, but not much of a mechanic.

She is slightly Force-sensitive. Enough to tell when a Force user is within 30 feet of her. And she can usually tell where there are, unless they work to hide their presence. She can only pick up on Force users, though. Not people who are just Force sensitive. And she isn't that great at telling how powerful they are, unless it's somebody who is on-par with a Jedi Master.

Ship: Her ship is called the Blade. It is a modified Flarestar-class shuttle. It can hold a total of 13 people (3 crew, 10 passenger), but only needs one person to operate it. It's shape makes it a harder target from front, back, and sides, but easier from top and bottom. Until she flips it sideways.

Executor
2010-12-02, 01:44 AM
Damn it, I had a good update typed up, and then my computer crashed and I lost it :smallfurious:

It'll be back tomorrow. Too late for me to post anything more now, I think.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-02, 01:51 AM
Hey, Executor. Any comments on my character?

horngeek
2010-12-02, 02:09 AM
Or mine, for that matter.

Emperor Ing
2010-12-02, 10:18 AM
Damn it, I had a good update typed up, and then my computer crashed and I lost it :smallfurious:

Oooh, that's painful. Trust me, i've been there. :smallfrown:
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/EmperorIng/RAGE.png

Executor
2010-12-02, 09:48 PM
Okay, I edited the update into my placeholder :smallsmile:

Let's continue!

Kerfluffle and Horngeek, you're good to go! Start posting whenever you feel like it.

horngeek
2010-12-03, 02:36 AM
Aaaand my first post is up.

Why she's limping? I said she was recovering from injuries, didn't I? :smalltongue:

She'd be interested in investigating Revan too, btw.

nanobot_swarm
2010-12-04, 05:29 PM
Should I post a character sheet for Jar-Jar (the manipulator) or does he not really need one considering he is a character who already exists within the universe at the moment?

Executor
2010-12-04, 05:30 PM
A character sheet for Machiavelli Binks would be appreciated :smallwink:

Artemis97
2010-12-04, 10:03 PM
Executor, that last post for Analla made me giggle.

nanobot_swarm
2010-12-05, 08:14 PM
Fair enough, here goes:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/d/d2/Jar_Jar_aotc.jpg

Name: Jar-Jar Binks
Race: Gungan
History:
Born into a respected family of Naboo whalers, Jar-Jar had discovered at a young age that if he put on the act of being a clumsy buffoon, it could get him out of work. He despised his parents, and murdered them both when stranded on a deserted island after a whaling trip went to hell. During his youth he drifted in and out of work, before joining a gang, that proved quite successful until its leader, Tarpals, joined the Gungan military and disbanded the gang. Eventually he found work under Boss Nass, and even saved his and his daughter's lives, thus obtaining a life debt that would later be revoked. This made him furious, and he attempted to assassinate Boss Nass by flooding the dome he held a lavish party in, but failed. Thanks to the clumsy persona he established, he escaped execution, instead being banished from Otoh Gunga. Eventually he was discovered by Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, and the events of Phantom Menace occured, and he emerged with powerful allies oblivious to his true nature, and a ton of political power. Currently serves as a senator for Naboo.
Abilities:
A shrewd diplomat, who uses his established clumsy persona to throw off other diplomats come time for negotiations. Has several assassin droids at ready at all times. Good friends with Palpatine, sometimes acts as his spy, sometimes gets aid from him.

Mina Kobold
2010-12-07, 03:49 PM
Hullo? Have finals kidnapped you guys too?

We have't even had a lightsaber duel yet, you disappoint me :smallannoyed::smalltongue:

Lillith
2010-12-07, 03:52 PM
If this is a guess of 'DM wants to wait till all players have responded before he updates' I'd seriously suggest not doing that. I've seen a lot of rp's going down that way because some people didn't/couldn't post. The whole group would wait for one person and then eventually lost interest/forgot.

So... yeah maybe regular updates would be better instead of waiting all the players to update? Then again this might still be a case of 'DM got finals' if so then nvm. :smallwink:

Executor
2010-12-07, 05:38 PM
I'm still alive! 'Twas not finals that kidnapped me, but midterms :smallfrown: I shall try to get at it as soon as possible!

Executor
2010-12-08, 03:44 PM
I got an update up. Unfortunately, I have to be off for some errands, so I'll have to get the updates for the rest of our characters up later!

Terry576
2010-12-08, 06:39 PM
I guess I'll join up.

Is this canonical Revan, or an OC person?

Name: Faust
Trade: Gray Jedi (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gray_Jedi)

Appearance: Faust stands at around 5'10", and wears a fairly casual outfit, made more for lithe and swift combat then taking hits. Over this he wears a simple gray robe. His hair is a dark black, and sits messily around his head, with streaks of white everywhere.

Personality: Like many Gray Jedi, Faust has a cynical view of most Jedi. He will politely converse with them, but refuses to associate with the Council. He acts in a manner unseeming of the Light and Dark, having the ability to calmly discuss situations as well as viciously attack his opponents, and argues for both sides, the Light and Dark.

History: Faust is one of the original Gray Jedi, who disagreed with the Council for reinterpreting the Jedi Code. His original name was Venale Solaris. He was taken in by the Jedi at a young age, as was the custom. He excelled in his studies, quickly advancing. When he became a Jedi Knight, however, he clashed with the Council over a variety of topics, ranging from how to act as a Jedi to arguing over semantics about the Force. He slowly grew disillusioned with the Council, and the cold tones he took with them frustrated them. These arguments grew frequent, and he was steadfast in his visions. He fled to Korriban after one such argument, and trained for a short time with the Sith. The Council confronted him afterwards, accusing him of falling to the Dark. He explained that he had not Fallen, he was merely observing from the other side. Few accepted his explanation, and his random quests to other worlds. After one of his many ventures to worlds that he "needn't visit", and demanded an explanation of his actions. He refused to explain his actions, and was stripped of his position. Expecting a fight when they demanded his blade, they were shocked when he held it out in front of him, and dropped it on the ground, before leaving. Strangely, the stones missing from the Crystal caves went unnoticed, as did the complaints of several cadets who appeared to have lost their components. He emerged a few years after as Faust the Gray Knight. But he remained disillusioned, and went into cryostasis in order to emerge in a time of peace, where Dark and Light were balanced. Sadly, that was not meant to be.

Weapons: Faust carries a singlebladed Lightsaber, that reacts in a strange way. It can either emit a red blade or a blue blade, depending on which Faust wishes to use. The Red is more deadly, and it's cuts more suited for battle. The Blue is defensive, and doesn't do as much damage.

Abilities: Faust uses an intricate combination of Form IV (Ataru) and Form V (Shien). As many Gray Jedi, he can use both Dark and Light side Force abilities, preferring those of Light for peaceful encounters. His Dark side abilities include Choke, Lightning, and Drain Life.

Did I do that right?

Executor
2010-12-08, 08:20 PM
Canonical Revan. Light Side Male Jedi.

I'll try to keep him from being a Gary Stu, honestly I will!

Terry576
2010-12-08, 08:56 PM
Canonical Revan. Light Side Male Jedi.

I'll try to keep him from being a Gary Stu, honestly I will!

I always liked Canonical Revan.

Don't worry, you're doing aces at it. :smalltongue:

Mina Kobold
2010-12-09, 10:34 AM
[Faust]

A man was sitting near Revan's group. The man seemed... different from most. He exuded the sense of a Jedi, but at the same time, merged with the background. For those who were Force-Sensitive, it was even worse. There was a reason that the Force-Sensitive glared at him. The natural balance of the Force was maintained in him. Dark and Light, each in equal measure. For those inclined to believe, this was an abomination. The man smiles, reflecting on old times. He ignores the whispers from those around him.

Freak.

How can anyone live like that?

That's... That's an abomination to the Force.

Deserves to die..
Shouldn't exist...

There was a reason the Gray Jedi are resented. Those of the Gray were more inclined to ignore the Light, and when Light ruled the Gray remained steadfast in their beliefs. The man had been called a Sith any number of times. He ignored it, pitying those who believed the Force to only lean towards Light.

He glanced briefly at Revan, his expression unreadable. No flash of recognition crosses his face, as he was asleep long before Revan's time. He sighs at the whispers, returning to his holodisk.

Uhm, were would he be sitting on a landing bay with a newly arrived ship? It's kind of weird to be sitting on the ground in such a place and I don't think there are any chairs... Is he sitting in mid-air?! O_O

And... Isn't Pikk a Grey Jedi? Pikk who was chatting with Ki-Adi Mundi a few moments ago and was not bothered by weird people who walk into a landing bay to comment rudely on philosophy? :smalltongue:

(No harm meant, I just thought you might be unaware of where they were and decided to make jokes about sitting in mid-air. Which is the most awesome force power ever!)

Emperor Ing
2010-12-09, 10:54 AM
I'm calling shenanigans because suddenly, ordinary dockworkers are force sensitive too. :smalltongue:

And yes, Pikk, the same Pikk that was just talking with Jedi Master Ki Adi Mundi, is indeed a grey jedi.

Terry576
2010-12-09, 01:35 PM
Uhm, were would he be sitting on a landing bay with a newly arrived ship? It's kind of weird to be sitting on the ground in such a place and I don't think there are any chairs... Is he sitting in mid-air?! O_O

And... Isn't Pikk a Grey Jedi? Pikk who was chatting with Ki-Adi Mundi a few moments ago and was not bothered by weird people who walk into a landing bay to comment rudely on philosophy? :smalltongue:

(No harm meant, I just thought you might be unaware of where they were and decided to make jokes about sitting in mid-air. Which is the most awesome force power ever!)

I TOTALLY KNEW THAT.

Gimme a second to retcon in random things.

Sides that, I took the direct persona of the original Gray Jedi, IE: Disagrees with the Council as well as both Dark and Light.

EDIT: Pfft wow.

Jar-Jar is extremely awesome here.

Emperor Ing
2010-12-12, 10:31 AM
He needed to be reformatted like...mad. It'll be very interesting to see that extremely annoying bumbling fool have the galaxy under his thumb.

Also...waiting...

Mina Kobold
2010-12-20, 03:46 PM
Uhm...

Where is everybody?

Did the Space-Grinch steal you?

Lillith
2010-12-20, 03:53 PM
I can't really do anything, waiting on the DM to post.

Emperor Ing
2010-12-20, 04:05 PM
Same. I'm still alive, totally active as always, and waiting for Vader's SSD to post.