PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the ID Forger prestige class

Starsign
2010-11-07, 02:15 PM
I was looking through the DSP's SRD (http://dsp-d20-srd.wikidot.com/introduction) and I noticed that the ID Forger prestige class was removed from it. Does anyone have a link or info on the class so I can use it in an D&D 3.5 game please?

Psyren
2010-11-07, 02:29 PM
Id Forger is in The Mind Unveiled. Just now I found a preview through DrivethruRPG that contains the class, but I don't know if they intended the class to be part of the preview so I won't link it.

(Not that the class is all that impressive anyway; 7/12 manifesting?)

Starsign
2010-11-07, 03:55 PM
Id Forger is in The Mind Unveiled. Just now I found a preview through DrivethruRPG that contains the class, but I don't know if they intended the class to be part of the preview so I won't link it.

(Not that the class is all that impressive anyway; 7/12 manifesting?)
Well I had heard the class offered improved astral constructs (the character I'm using also has the Constructor class), so I was wondering if ID Forger would be a good combination.

Psyren
2010-11-07, 04:20 PM
Actually, the class doesn't appear to improve your astral constructs at all. What it does improve is your psicrystal, by giving it astral construct-ish abilities and an appearance to match. It even allows you to reselect your psicrystal's feats if you had previously done so. In effect, your psicrystal turns into a sort of meat-shield for you.

The drawbacks are pretty steep though. In addition to the ML loss I mentioned, the only way to power up your psicrystal is through the very double-edged Personality Purge (http://dsp-d20-srd.wikidot.com/personality-purge) feat from Untapped Potential. Making your psicrystal Aggressive can be funny while it's a pet rock, not so much while it has the stats of an Astral Construct 8 and can easily CDG everyone that falls near you (including allies.)

As for the DSP SRD, I think the only info up there now is the stuff from UTP and Mind Divine, which would explain why Id Forger isn't. Although I haven't conducted an exhaustive search by any means.

Prime32
2010-11-07, 05:21 PM

(Not that the class is all that impressive anyway; 7/12 manifesting?)I'm pretty sure that preview is missing parts of the class.

Psyren
2010-11-07, 05:47 PM
I'm pretty sure that preview is missing parts of the class.

It is, but I don't really see the other abilities being worth the 5 lost ML. Especially when one of the "features" makes your new cohort unreliable.

Starsign
2010-11-07, 05:58 PM
Ah, I see. Thanks for letting me know. I'm planing on being a Psion 17/Constuctor 10 // Ranger (DSP) 17/ID Forger 10 but I'd like a class to replace ID Forger, preferably one that helps with my astral constructs (or with constructs in general). Any advice please?

Psyren
2010-11-07, 06:23 PM
Ah, I see. Thanks for letting me know. I'm planing on being a Psion 17/Constuctor 10 // Ranger (DSP) 17/ID Forger 10 but I'd like a class to replace ID Forger, preferably one that helps with my astral constructs (or with constructs in general). Any advice please?

Since you're using 3rd-party already, the Astral Zealot from Hyperconscious sounds like what you're looking for. It upgrades your existing astral construct power, as well as giving you the Throw Ectoform power (basically psionic mirror image); however, the AZ's Ectoform can gain abilities from the Astral Construct menus, giving you plenty of summoning options.

Starsign
2010-11-07, 07:05 PM
Hey, thanks! Though I don't have Hyperconscious :smallsigh:

Psyren
2010-11-07, 09:18 PM
Hey, thanks! Though I don't have Hyperconscious :smallsigh:

At $7 it's a steal :smallsmile:

http://www.montecook.com/mpress_Hyper.html

It's also fully compatible with everything from Dreamscarred Press (both the SRD and books)