PDA

View Full Version : The Coffee Conjurer 3.5 PEACH

Octopus Jack
2010-11-07, 06:59 PM
The Coffee Conjurer- From their mysterious hollows where they first tasted the sweat brew of Coffee come those spellcasters who wish to bring the drink to the world.
For good or ill these Mages travel the world either healing and protecting people with their magical beverages or scalding and burning those who stand in their way. The creation and consumption of coffee is the highest priority of all Coffee Conjurers and being able to unleash their brews upon the world is the highlight of their work.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
SpellCasting: Must be able to cast 3rd level arcane spells
Skills: 8 ranks in craft (coffeebrewing)
Special: Must have drunk only coffee for one week

Class Skills
are.... Concentration, Craft , Knowlege (Arcana),Proffesion, SpellCraft,
Skills Points at Each Level: 2 + int

Hit Dice: d4

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0|
+0|
+0|
+2| Improved initiative, Caffine Boost, +1 to existing arcane spellcasting class

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+0|
+3| Brewmaster +1 to existing arcane spellcasting class

3rd|
+1|
+1|
+1|
+3| Mocha Magic +1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class

4th|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+4|+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class

5th|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+4|Hasted Metamagic +1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class

6th|
+3|
+2|
+2|
+5|Heightened Caffine Effect +1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class

7th|
+3|
+2|
+2|
+5|Scalding Strike +1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class

8th|
+4|
+2|
+2|
+6| +1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class

9th|
+4|
+3|
+3|
+6| +1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class

10th|
+5|
+3|
+3|
+7|Uber-espresso +1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class[/table]

Caffine Boost:
Whenever a Coffee Conjurer casts a spell he gains a bonus to his initiative equal to the level of spell cast for the next round.

Coffee Brewing Expert:
A 2nd level Coffee Conjurer gains a +3 Bonus on brewing coffee

Mocha Magic:
As the healing properties of mocha flows through his spells, each time a Coffee Conjurer of at least 3rd level casts a spell he regains hit points equal to 2xthe level of the spell cast.

Hasted Metamagic:
A Coffee Conjurer of at least 5th level can apply a unique metamagic property to his spells. For a spell level adjustment of +3. The spell effect haste is cast at the same time affecting 1 creature/level within 30 feet.

Heightened Caffine Effect:
Whenever A Coffee Conjurer of at least 6th level drinks a cup of coffee he gains double the usual effect.

Scalding Strike:
A Coffee Conjurer of at least 7th level can use the "Searing Spell" feat without increasing the spell level of the spell being cast. This ability is useable a number of times a day equal to the Conjurer's int modifier.

Uber-Espresso
A 10th level Coffee Conjurer can use time stop as a spell like ability once/day however it only lasts for 1 round.

Coffee types: All cost 10gp and can be thrown at someone to deal 1 point of damage
Espresso: gain a +1 initiative bonus for the next encounter
Americano: gain a +1 bonus on your next reflex save
Mocha: Heal 2 points of health
Latte: does nothing
Frappacino: deals 1 point of cold damage

blackjack217
2010-11-07, 07:18 PM
My review is as follows:
lol

DracoDei
2010-11-08, 10:25 AM
The Sigil Prep threads on these boards had magic coffee machines and spells. Andthere has been at least one PrC based on this sort of thing before I think, and there may be feats. You should try Google site searching these up.

site:www.giantitp.com coffee haste

That might work.

Also, I would think that Concentration would be the LAST skill these would have on their list.

Mongoose87
2010-11-08, 10:27 AM
Reminds me of my Swiftgulp PrC, except that one was ToB-based.

blackjack217
2010-11-08, 10:40 AM
You could also gain the ability summon coffee elemental

Octopus Jack
2010-11-23, 12:48 PM
Finally finished Scalding Strike and a little bit of terrible fluff, I would give them a summon coffee elemental type feature but that would make them a little too much like the Iced Tea Mage...

Debihuman
2010-11-27, 04:46 PM
Just a few things. First, it is spelled"caffeine" not "caffine." Craft (coffeebrewing) should be a class skill specially since it is required to even enter the class. You might want to consider adding a few more class skills as this is very limited.

Throwing a cup of coffee on someone should cause scalding damage.

Debby