PDA

View Full Version : Champion of Corellon/ Eternal Blade combo OR Peerless archer OR ultimate magus...

SylvanPrincess
2010-11-08, 03:31 AM
so id like to start off by thanking you all for your help with my other idea, the ultimate magus. there was a lot of great ideas there. im trying to decide between 3 different roles for this campaign, so id love to get a bit more adice, on the 3 concepts i have,

the first you already helped me with (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9712804)
1:beguiler/elf racial sub wizard/ultimate magus

2:the second idea is a combo of pally/champion of corellon/eternal blade

any thought about this combo? i love the idea...

3: was any amazing build i havent thought of yet that incorpaorates peerless archer into it ( from SM 115.)

i cant have mpre than 4 classes total, and 2 prcs is stretching the limits forsure

numbers are 18 18 16 14 11 9

thanks for any thoughts, ideas and/or builds :0)

Eldariel
2010-11-08, 10:45 AM
Champion of Corellon tends to go great with Dervish. Dervish makes Scimitars light weapons allowing you to dual wield them efficiently and Corellon allows you to add Dex to damage with them making you the best sword dancer in the country.

Eternal Blade has more Int- than Cha-synergy so while you can do it, combining Eternal Blade and Champion and Paladin is gonna be quite difficult. You could, of course, use Crusader over Paladin (very similar a class anyways, and paves entry for Eternal Blade) and probably end up with the character you're envisioning though.

Peerless Archer is a wonderful class for 3 levels in most archer builds. You could fit more levels but the class gets class features rather rarely making it grant a bit diminishing returns; then again, Threaten is kinda nice. So yeah, standard Ranger/Fighter/Barbarian/Warblade/whatever shell can use Peerless Archer, and if you have access to other 3.0 material, Deepwood Sniper and Order of the Bow Initiate [Sword & Fist version] are both quite good with it.

SylvanPrincess
2010-11-08, 11:03 AM
Peerless Archer is a wonderful class for 3 levels in most archer builds. You could fit more levels but the class gets class features rather rarely making it grant a bit diminishing returns; then again, Threaten is kinda nice. So yeah, standard Ranger/Fighter/Barbarian/Warblade/whatever shell can use Peerless Archer, and if you have access to other 3.0 material, Deepwood Sniper and Order of the Bow Initiate [Sword & Fist version] are both quite good with it.

higher levels of fletching isnt good too? what about a scout/ranger/peerless archer, with swift hunter? that sounds like fun to me :)

true_shinken
2010-11-08, 11:05 AM
Champion of Corellon tends to go great with Dervish. Dervish makes Scimitars light weapons allowing you to dual wield them efficiently and Corellon allows you to add Dex to damage with them making you the best sword dancer in the country.
I though Champion of Corellon only got +Dex to damage with elven weapons such as the rapier and the longsword. I could be wrong, though.

SylvanPrincess
2010-11-08, 11:09 AM
I though Champion of Corellon only got +Dex to damage with elven weapons such as the rapier and the longsword. I could be wrong, though.

its with weapons that are weapon finessable

true_shinken
2010-11-08, 11:15 AM
its with weapons that are weapon finessable

But you need weapon focus on an elven weapon to qualify or something like that, right?

SylvanPrincess
2010-11-08, 11:22 AM
weapon focus: longsword, or exotic weapon prof: thinblade or courtblade

Amiria
2010-11-08, 02:01 PM
And the Improved Weapon Familiarity feat gives proficiency with all exotic weapons that have i.e. 'Elven' in their name. Should work as a stand-in for the regular Exotic Weapon Proficiency feat.