PDA

View Full Version : Blighter 20 cap build questions

Stallion
2010-11-08, 04:40 PM
Well, I've been considering making a character with blighter as the main spellcasting class, and as is normal for me, I planned it out to 20. However. I found a few options I like and I'm not entirely sure which one to pick.

All of these would have the same race, Vanaran. It's in OA. Yeah, they're generally good, but there's always evil members of a mortal race.

1st option: 5 druid 1 fighter 10 blighter 4 cancer mage.

There are a few nice little perks in this one, mainly the Cancerous Companion class ability, as it will give me evasion and can cast a spell without me taking any action. I forget how completely under my control it is, because I would hate for it to start casting destructive spells in a delicate situation.

2nd option: 5 druid 1 fighter 4 blighter 10 vermin lord.

This character would have some fairly nice synergies and nice little shinies, what with insect wings and swarm armor and spider legs and spew vermin, but the real prize on this one would be Hivemind. It has nearly limitless potential, as it basically would load me up on free feats and the power to cast as a sorc, depending on how big I can get it. The scary thing here is that I don't think there IS a limit to how far the benefits go with this feature.

3rd option: 5 druid 1 fighter 10 blighter 4 hierophant

Still seeming pretty solid, and the hierophant will augment the spellcasting abilities of the blighter quite nicely without hindering progression or spell slots.

4th option: 5 druid 1 fighter 2 blighter 10 hexer 2 hierophant.

This one is my favorite option and I would choose it in a heartbeat if there weren't one rather large hiccup: Blighters don't get call lightning or lightning bolt in their spell list. In order to do this I would have to bargain or beg with my DM to get it thrown into my spell list. Of course, once that's out of the way, this thing is golden. Full spellcasting capability, full hex gaze options and uses, 5 bonus learned spells from the sorc/wiz spell list at any level I can cast, and a slight augmentation of whatever spellcasting abilities I have due to hierophant.

So...... my fellow Playgrounders, please give me your thoughts.

faceroll
2010-11-08, 05:15 PM
What is your starting level?

Stallion
2010-11-08, 05:17 PM
The one that we're going to be starting next will be beginning at level 7.

faceroll
2010-11-08, 05:19 PM
I would go with the one that has Hexer. Full BAB, two good saves, sweet class abilities, spells from the wizard list, and full casting. Easy requirements, too.