PDA

View Full Version : Grafts - Can they be sundered?

ErrantX
2010-11-08, 04:58 PM
So, a situation that's come up and I'm afraid it will come up again.

Can a player sunder an NPC's warforged grafted arm?

-X

Sipex
2010-11-08, 05:01 PM
I would imagine grafts follow the same rules as all other weapons.

They can repair/replace them anywho, it just takes more than "I pick up a new sword".

Morph Bark
2010-11-08, 05:56 PM
That depends. Can a normal arm be sundered? If yes, then yes. If no, then no.

Tharck
2010-11-08, 05:58 PM
Can a normal arm be enchanted?

Kuma Kode
2010-11-08, 06:10 PM
I need to look it up to be sure, but I'm pretty sure a graft can be sundered just like a worn item. I know cybernetics in d20 Future can be sundered like that, which is why they always come with hardness and HP in their descriptions. I'll need to search some of the books for D&D to see if there's anything that specifically states about grafts.

JeminiZero
2010-11-08, 10:52 PM
By RAW, Grafts have no statistics of their own and can't be attacked or damaged separately from the creature to which they are grafted (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20060106a&page=5).

However the items that Warforged use are Attachments rather than grafts, since they can take them out and swap them around at will (unless the Warforged is using an actual graft as shown in the link, rather than an attachment).

olentu
2010-11-08, 11:04 PM
By RAW, Grafts have no statistics of their own and can't be attacked or damaged separately from the creature to which they are grafted (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20060106a&page=5).

However the items that Warforged use are Attachments rather than grafts, since they can take them out and swap them around at will (unless the Warforged is using an actual graft as shown in the link, rather than an attachment).

One thing to note however is that these follow the revised graft rules and as part of said revised rules I believe that magic of ebberon says that they do not apply to older grafts not following said rules. So while I would assume that the older grafts have a section that also says that they can not be attacked or damaged apart from the creature they need to have their own separate rule saying so. Well assuming I remember what the revised graft rules say.

Kuma Kode
2010-11-08, 11:25 PM

Indeed, upon reading more thoroughly into Libris Mortis (my first introduction to grafts) they are no considered separate objects. This means they cannot be sundered, which differs from d20 Future's cybernetics.

Alleine
2010-11-09, 05:31 AM
Attempting to sunder some grafts would be extremely awkward. Most notably the silthilar grafts. I mean, sundering someone's heart? Their blood? Muscles? Bones? Or that warforged graft that goes in your brain. Yeah.

The first sentence on grafts in Fiend Folio states(like the other books) that grafts have no stats. So RAW, no sundering them.

Temotei
2010-11-09, 05:53 AM
Can a normal arm be enchanted?

Actually, I think one can enchant an arm at 1.5x the cost of manufactured weapons...

That might be randomness crawling through my brain, though.

PersonMan
2010-11-09, 07:48 AM
Actually, I think one can enchant an arm at 1.5x the cost of manufactured weapons...

That might be randomness crawling through my brain, though.

I was going to ask if you needed a masterwork arm to do that, and I wondered how that would be possible.

Morph Bark
2010-11-09, 11:01 AM
I was going to ask if you needed a masterwork arm to do that, and I wondered how that would be possible.

Monks: having a use after all? Find out in todays Suck-It Daily.