PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] God of Villain Decay

Coidzor
2010-11-08, 06:46 PM
So you know how evil masterminds from cartoons, video games, and comics fail and fail and fail again and again and again and come up with new evil plots every time they're not hashing out the same evil plot?

What established deity's portfolio would that fall under? You know, the deity of evil plans doomed to failure.

Offhand, I was thinking Bane with how the video games I've seen of D&D have featured him and his followers.

dsmiles
2010-11-08, 06:50 PM
During the time period when most of those video games were probably written, Bane was considered dead, IIRC, so it would make his followers kind of useless.

How about calling this new deity Failificus or Methiant (iGoogle (http://www.google.com/ig) says this is Welsh for 'failure').

AslanCross
2010-11-08, 06:51 PM
So you know how evil masterminds from cartoons, video games, and comics fail and fail and fail again and again and again and come up with new evil plots every time they're not hashing out the same evil plot?

What established deity's portfolio would that fall under? You know, the deity of evil plans doomed to failure.

Offhand, I was thinking Bane with how the video games I've seen of D&D have featured him and his followers.

Well, Bane did succeed in a Xanatos Gambit to come back to life, emerging from the burning corpse of his son. He also gets a cooler holy symbol as he returns.

I'd think Cyric, really. He gets the "Everyone Hates Me" award in Faerun. I don't know of any of the other gods---evil, good, or in between--who actually likes him.

In Eberron, it's probably Vol. Just because she's associated with Team Rocket The Order of the Emerald Claw. (At least, according to how they were portrayed in Eyes of the Lich Queen. They seemed to be searching for something so badly but had no idea what it actually was.)

Psyren
2010-11-08, 07:05 PM
How about calling this new deity Failificus or Methiant (iGoogle (http://www.google.com/ig) says this is Welsh for 'failure').

Wow, Methiant is actually a cool name.

Anyway, one good domain for such a deity is Destiny (as in, destined to fail)

dsmiles
2010-11-08, 07:07 PM
Wow, Methiant is actually a cool name.

Anyway, one good domain for such a deity is Destiny (as in, destined to fail)

Also, the Law domain (as in, Murphy's).

Radar
2010-11-09, 03:05 AM
Also, the Law domain (as in, Murphy's).
And Planning - for the irony. :smallwink:

Telonius
2010-11-09, 11:06 AM
Is Pandora listed in Deities and Demigods? She seems like she'd be queen of, "Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time..."

Morph Bark
2010-11-09, 11:11 AM
And Planning - for the irony. :smallwink:

A god specifically dedicated to foiling that other god's plans would also like Planning.

Justice planned.

Heliomance
2010-11-09, 11:21 AM
This is the pun police. I'm afraid we're going to have to revoke your licence.

Psyren
2010-11-09, 11:31 AM
This is the pun police. I'm afraid we're going to have to revoke your licence.

You have to lock him up too. :smallannoyed:

Coidzor
2010-11-09, 11:38 AM
A god specifically dedicated to foiling that other god's plans would also like Planning.

Justice planned.

...So... Dexter and his sister DeeDee? (Only, you know, Dexter as evul)

12 gods. I can see it. :smalleek: