PDA

View Full Version : Need help with some homebrew

Maho-Tsukai
2010-11-08, 09:03 PM
I use a lot of homebrew in my games, I admit that. However, I also admit that all homebrew related to crunch is usually taken from 3rd party sources. I have always wanted to make my own class, though, but I do not want to put anything up on here until I have a nice, clean, polished finished product. Thus, I am looking for somebody who has skype to exchange skype for me so I can send them a rough draft of the class in a word file for review. In addition, It would be wonderful if this person could help me make my class a better finished product and help be better understand the homebrew class making process since I am new and this is my first time. So, are any of you interested? If your wondering what the class is going to be it's more or less doing what the blighter failed to do...make an "anti-druid." Unlike the blighter, however, the class is not a fallen druid or even a divine spellcaster. Rather, it's an arcane casting class that has a focus around corrupting, twisting, altering and despoiling the world and the things that live within it. Simply put, it's a villainous class with a focus on corrupting things and utilizing the taint as a means to debuff others.

So, would anybody like to help me out with this?

Mulletmanalive
2010-11-09, 12:51 PM
Why would you not want to put things up here until they are finished?

This is the home of hashing out and arguing over details.

You might not even need to do the work thanks to Timotei: Debaser

Duke of URL
2010-11-09, 01:57 PM
Yeah, I gotta agree that you're better off just posting the in-progress version. Mark it as a work in progress (WIP) and note your lack of experience in designing classes, and hopefully the comments will tend more to the constructive side of constructive criticism.

Lev
2010-11-09, 02:37 PM
Number one rule of homebrew class creation is to ask if the same thing can be accomplished with already posted material to make a "good enough" version. because if it can then people would rather play that then use a unitask "hit the nail on the head for what the writer wants" which are basically more specifically for the writer or his campaigns and not really intended to be published for anything but balancing.