PDA

View Full Version : As regards Infractions

Revlid
2010-11-09, 02:17 AM
Question - Is there a way, after receiving an infraction, to discuss it with the mod in question? Replying to the PM seems a bit presumptuous, and I'm probably supposed to just take it on the chin, but if there is a way, I'd like to know.

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-09, 02:57 AM
Question - Is there a way, after receiving an infraction, to discuss it with the mod in question? Replying to the PM seems a bit presumptuous, and I'm probably supposed to just take it on the chin, but if there is a way, I'd like to know.

If you want to discuss an infraction the ideal way is indeed to PM the Mod in question. As long as it's polite (rather than :smallfurious: EVIL MODS!!) they'll in all likelihood explain the rule break and why they felt it deserved an infraction.

Not sure if reversals ever happen, probably not if they felt it warranted an infraction in the first place. If, after PMing the Mod you still genuinely feel the infraction was unjustified the next step is to PM an Admin.

Tengu_temp
2010-11-09, 03:25 AM
You can just send a PM to the mod who gave you the infraction. Chances of revoking it are slim, but they will tell you why you received it.

Killer Angel
2010-11-09, 05:04 AM
If you disagree with a specific act of moderation please contact the moderator, respectfully, to discuss the matter. If you really feel you have been treated unfairly by a Moderator, you may contact Roland St. Jude, the Forum Guru.

I think this easily applies to questions regardin warnings/infractions you'd received.
So yeah, the steps are: PM the Mod, and then eventually PM Roland.

Revlid
2010-11-09, 06:13 AM
Thank you very much for your answers!

I'll try replying to the PM.

Zeb The Troll
2010-11-09, 07:09 AM
Troll Patrol: To directly answer the question in the OP, it is perfectly acceptable to Reply to the Warning/Infraction if you'd like to discuss it with the Moderator who issued it.