PDA

View Full Version : So what's a week look like?

WarKitty
2010-11-09, 03:50 PM
I know we have Alignment Sunday and Monksday. What other days are there? ToB Tuesday?

kyoryu
2010-11-09, 03:51 PM
Seems like today should be Tiersday.

Touchy
2010-11-09, 03:52 PM
Seems like today should be Tiersday.

Tiersday seems more like Thursday to me.

kyoryu
2010-11-09, 03:55 PM

Yeah, you could go that way, too. I was just thinking that "Tiw's day" sounds a lot more like "Tiers day" than "Thor's day" does.

Either would work.

Kaulesh
2010-11-09, 04:13 PM
Cat(girl)urday. (http://icanhascheezburger.com/tag/caturday/) It's a terribly sad (or happy, depending on your viewpoint) day where catgirls are ritually slaughtered by the millions in the name of SCIENCE!!!.

Crossblade
2010-11-09, 04:21 PM
Don't forget Make a Build Monday. People seem to like those.

WarKitty
2010-11-09, 04:33 PM
Don't forget Make a Build Monday. People seem to like those.

Monday is taken though...

Oracle_Hunter
2010-11-09, 04:49 PM
Sunday = Pun-Punday
Today's the day to trot out the cheesiest build you can imagine and run it by the Forum! No matter how original it seems to you, someone will be able to trot out a post from 1,000 years ago which has your exact build!

Monday = Moralsday
Do you hate the Alignment system? Does it confuse and enrage you? Let everyone hear all about it on Moralsday! Today's the day to ask "is X Evil" and "is my character Evil;" prepare to be overwhelmed with conflicting responses and obtuse logic!

Tuesday = Duelsday
Who would win in a fight? Batman Wizard or Joker Monk? Druid's Animal Companion or Fighter? Housecat or Commoner? Debate until it's time to DUEL! And then never actually hold the duel.

Wednesday = Warzday
Did you miss out on the Edition Warz of days past? Are you nostalgic for the vitriol of yesteryear? Don't wait for the next Edition to come out - ask today and stoke the simmering coals of resentment!

Thursday = RAWsday
Curious what the RAW is for underwater basketweaving? Ready to hear a dozen different descriptions of RAW each of which claim to be authoritative? Then get excited for RAWsday - when everything from Spellblade Tennis to the use and abuse of Diplomacy are fair game!

Friday = Fallsday
Due to popular demand, no-win scenarios regarding Paladins (and other Alignment-restricted classes) Falling have been placed on the opposite end of the week from Moralsday. Be sure to bring your favorite reformulation of the Trolley Problem! All aboard!

Saturday = Haterday
Ever wonder what the big deal about X was? Now you can ask! Whether it's a feat (e.g. Leadership) a class (e.g. Monks) or even a splatbook (e.g. ToB) feel free to ask all about it every Haterday!

akma
2010-11-09, 05:10 PM
If I`ll start a thread about another system but fitting the weekly topics, will it count?
For exemple, if I`ll start an exalted thread about virtues, maybe also claim they worked better in 1e (which I know nothing about) and ask what you think about *insert exalted book name here*, will it count?

Psyren
2010-11-09, 05:21 PM
I prefer "Tiersday" for thursday and one of the days needs to be ToB but otherwise Oracle Hunter's list seems good

The ToB day can possibly be expanded to encompass all "broken" alternate systems like Psionics and Incarnum

Kaulesh
2010-11-09, 05:28 PM
I prefer "Tiersday" for thursday and one of the days needs to be ToB but otherwise Oracle Hunter's list seems good

The ToB day can possibly be expanded to encompass all "broken" alternate systems like Psionics and Incarnum

ToB can be rolled into Tiersday. Don't most ToB conversations eventually drift in that direction (and vice versa) anyway?

Oracle_Hunter
2010-11-09, 05:40 PM

ToB etc. falls into Haterday for general discussion.

"Tiers" is a little weird. I think I can repurpose Pun-punday into a more general day regarding powergaming (and therefore tiers).

Lev
2010-11-09, 05:49 PM
I have to say that it goes both ways, Thursday is named after Thor's Day but if we are talking norwegian then thursday is torsdag and tuesday is tirsdag, pronounced Torrsh-dog for thursday and tiersh-dog for tuesday.