PDA

View Full Version : It's the end of the world as we know it [IC]

Rhyvurg
2010-11-09, 11:36 PM
In the city of Nexus, night has fallen. The peace enforced by the Emissary has been shattered. The angry dead march on the city from the west. The Fair Folk are approaching from the east. An insane Wood Dragonblood sorceress is growing a forest in Firewander, and a gang of Anathema are trying to breach the six tombs throughout the city. The various mercenaries employed by the city are hard-pressed to hold back the ensuing chaos. The Emissary was reported killed that morning by a powerful raksha that emerged in one of the Wyld zones and rampaged for almost a day before vanishing. But it's no different than what's going on everywhere. It is as if all of Creation's foes have decided to strike as one. And as Nexus begins to fall to despair, a Behemoth appears on the horizon...

Novina Illithar, The Radiant Princess of Silver Sands

The beautiful Infernal is on the run, but she doesn't know from what. The shadows themselves reach and strain for her, wearing the faces of the men who took her from her home one moment, and her former mistress the next. They had substance for shadows, the cut on her hip attesting to that. They avoided the light, and in the war-torn Nexus night there was not much light to be had. Except...there! A warehouse partly on fire, but any light was welcome with these horrors on her heels. The door was slightly ajar...

Tejima Zanchu, Shogun of Haven, Wyld-Tamer, Lord of Sorcery

Tejima was having the worst luck of his life. The army of the dead had cut off his route to Lookshy, and he'd been driven back to Nexus, barely making it inside the city before the gates closed. He had to get back to Haven, now, before something happened to his people. But for the time being, he was trapped in Nexus. As another example of his abysmal luck, a gods-damned warstrider had come running down the street, and he'd had to dive through the window of a burning warehouse to avoid getting stomped into paste where he stood.

Emeria of the New Dawn and Lera

Finally. The forces from Thorns were on the march in force, and their master was with them. This was the first chance Emeria had in nearly twenty years to get to a Deathlord outside the Underworld. But before the Lawgiver and her mate could reach the Mask of Winters, they had to survive the night in Nexus. A warehouse offered a passable place to stay out of sight until daybreak, when it would even be possible to breach the Mask's lines and get to him. To observe, converse, or attack, time would tell.

Teresu Chen Isoyama

Teresu had been mere hours behind Tejima on the road to Lookshy when the dead attacked. He had been more fortunate, he'd avoided the fighting so far. As the dragonblood made his way through the city, he notices a certain warehouse getting a lot of visitors all at once. Interesting...and perhaps worth a second look. Especially the shapely posterior of the young woman going through the front door.

The Empty Raincoat That Waits Out In The Cold

She'd been in Nexus for over a week now, waiting for her Sidereal contact to show up. She had little real information on the Deathlords, but if her contact was right the Bureau of Destiny has reams of files on them. But why ask her to set an empty warehouse on fire and wait inside? The fire wasn't spreading, but it was an odd signal to leave for someone who could pluck the strands of the Loom itself. From her vantage point, she sees several people enter the warehouse, all at the same time.

Cathak Arbani Nicodemus, the Prince of Nothing

Like so many in Nexus, Arbani was after a Deathlord. Had the Mask courted his own demise when he attacked Nexus? Perhaps, but first Arbani had to survive the night. a few of the angry dead had breached the city walls, led by a powerful Midnight Caste on his necrotech yeddim, stomping through the city. There was a warehouse ahead large enough to house the Black Sands Brigade for the night...

Sorrowful Frost

Frost was one of the few people in Nexus by choice, tending the wounded from the various battles. But the Fair Folk were swarming out of the Wyld zones, seizing and consuming the wounded and forcing Frost to flee, separating him from his allies. He noticed a troop of soldiers entering a warehouse that was partly on fire, maybe they could help?

Optimizer Indivisible of Endless Progression

This would just not do. How could he do his research when those Wyld...things burned down the library? More than once, he had been attacked by native Creations who thought him to be an automaton, or something called a "demon". What was a demon? So many questions... For now, he had to hide, and fast.

Sable Radiance of Ivory Breath

I can get you started as soon as you post a backstory.

aetherialDawn
2010-11-09, 11:53 PM
Optimizer Indivisible gives a mechanical sigh - catching himself. No need to breathe with all this smoke around, and he was doing it for no one's benefit but his own anyway. He simply meditated for a few seconds, crouched down to press his hands to the floor, and let the circles of transmutation on his palms open a hole and close it after he dropped in. He needed to hide, of course, but when one needs to hide one also needs to listen to the cause, so he leaves only a thin layer in a dome. As long as nobody jumped on it, none would be the wiser but he.

Spending one measly mote (personal) on Metamaterial Crucible-Engine.

Personal: 11/22 (10 committed)
Peripheral: 57/60 (3 committed, +4 from Skin Mount Amulet)
+5 to Essence Respiration (Skin Mount Amulet)

Myllinnia
2010-11-10, 12:06 AM
Novina peeks inside bending down just slightly to get a better view of the warehouse's interior for a brief moment. It wasn't a good idea to go inside a burning building this she knew, but the shadows of the night was nothing something she wanted to deal with. Bitting at her lower lip she gives the darkness a final look before dashing inside. As she enters she stops a few feet in and takes a deep breath. She doesn't wait long and moves quickly to the side her hand going to the blade on her hip, a hip that now throbbed with pain, as she sensed others entering.

Novina was getting tired of this though. This running was sooo beneath her!

Whiskeyjack
2010-11-10, 12:07 AM
Arbani Nicodemus and a small team of his followers crouched at the mouth of a dirty, tight alley, peering out; before them lay a wide open agora, with warehouses in the hazy distance. The smells of smoke and fear laced the air. The Prince of Nothing straightened from his crouch and unslung the ruby-and-ironwood rifle from his shoulder, holding it loosely in the crook of one arm. He motioned the men and women close, these remnants of his Royal Guard, and snapped a few quiet commands. "Two teams, forward advance low, nothing but to take the main corridor." He motioned with his chin. "The dead are definitely in the walls...Kelevra should be breaking out into the Grey by now. Get to cover, we'll roll forward just like at Archon's Pier. Reynault, take the rearguard, I'll make a hole. Mobile cover, and for Saturn's sake don't let them get their teeth into you. Low restriction, break on quint."

The men and women assembled into two small lines and a larger block. Gloved fingers snapped up on Nico's left hand, then he darted forward, Dragon Sigh Wand extended before him as he dashed for the nearest pile of crates.

Recaiden
2010-11-10, 12:10 AM
Finally. The Empty Raincoat steps off of the wooden crate that had been her vantage point. Despite the name, the fluttering raincoat and accompanying hat are filled with a woman, who is starting to frown. These were not the people she had expected, were they? It didn't look like it. She strides quickly to the center of the warehouse and turns to face the main entrance.
"Welcome, on this tonight of chaos, to the shelter of my humble warehouse. By what right do so many of you enter uninvited?"

Britter
2010-11-10, 01:17 AM
Things were looking grim as Isoyama and the River Dragons approached Nexus. His scouts had brought word of attacking armies; the dead and the Fair Folk were both marching on the city. He had to figure out what was going on, and see where he could best commit his forces to aid in the defense. This could only be the work of one of the Deathlords, and if that was the case then they had to be stopped.

Per his orders, the River Dragons quickly and efficiently established a defensive formation half-a-mile outside of town, placing vital supplies and resources inside the battlecarrier and digging in behind rough field fortifications. He assigned the command to Battleworn Jade, as he intended to go into Nexus and determine what was actually happening. She could hold the position as needed, supported by the company's artifacts and the warstrider. With the city engulfed in chaos, he rode into Nexus, accompanied by his ever-present pair of bodyguards and Cathak Amar.

Jade has been ordered to hold her position, and be ready to mobilize if contacted. If I need her I will be communicating using Wind-Carried Words Technique, and if her situation changes she can use the same charm, or have Sigrun cast Infallible Messenger, to advise me of any change in her situation. If it looks like she will be over-run, she is to stage a fighting withdrawal, and get to a defensible position asap.

Riding through the city, the four men saw activity around a large warehouse. Despite it being on fire, a number of people were trying to enter. With Nexus consumed by chaos and the reported to be Emissary dead, this seemed as good a place as any to begin learning what was happening. Isoyama dismounted, leaving his bodyguards to manage the horses, and began to stride purposefully towards the warehouse, accompanied by Amar. As they walked, Isoyama turned to the younger soldier. "Be on your guard Sergeant. We may be walking into danger here. Stay alert, and be ready to act as needed." Isoyama's voice was calm and controlled, even surrounded by the unknown roil of a city wracked by fear and war. He entered the warehouse just before the woman in the coat and hat made her appearance. Isoyama paused, weighing his options and waiting for all the players in whatever game this was to make their appearance.

Xaantiaz
2010-11-10, 03:33 AM
"Now now miss, there's no need to get angry. Everyone can use a little shelter these days and it looks like you have some to share." The voice comes from just outside the door as a man walks in. He hikes up what looks to be a overly large medical kit on his shoulder as he makes his way into the light. "Its dangerous out there, but then again it doesn't seem that I need to tell you that."

As if a thought hit him, he begins rummaging through the large bag and quickly comes up with a few bottles. Frost gently tosses one to the frowning woman before sitting down and taking a pull from another and motioning for any others to feel free to partake.

"I'm Sorrowful Frost. Please miss, consider that payment for the borrowing of your glorious shelter and just ask if there's anything else I can do for you."

Lix Lorn
2010-11-10, 05:20 AM
"So..." murmured Emeria, sitting down quietly and looking sideways at Lera. "Do we have a plan for tomorrow?"

DrakeRaids
2010-11-10, 10:12 AM
"Plan?"

Lera turned and flashed her mate one of those large grins of hers, friendly, but undeniably fierce looking with the slightly elongated canines and eyes that were bluer then any sky. Lera hadn't been to Nexus in a long while, this wasn't her town, yet nevertheless she remained totally at ease, for while environment may be alien to her, the situation surely was not. She mocked the chaos that threatened to overwhelm the city without saying a word. It was all in her light footed stance, and bright eyed smirks that pushed back any possible danger to them firmly into the realm of surreality.

"HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!"

Laughter burst out unbidden, as she moved over to the warehouse and causally kicked in the door with her foot, still chuckling a deep, warm belly laugh. Small tears began to form at the corners of her eyes as she stepped into the place, causing her to pause, and rub at them cheerfully.

"Plan. Plan? Oh gods Em' you make me laugh. Plans. Heh."

Lera was rather optimsitic about this. Taking down one of the Deathlords was the first step in eventually killing the Neverborn. Again. Once they had done that maybe, Lera hoped the nacrotic essence that seemed to have settled over her mate would fade. If not... Well there had to be other options. She would figure something out, she always did.

Whiskeyjack
2010-11-10, 10:13 AM
"This keeps getting better and better," Nicodemus muttered, signaling the advance. "How many people are already in that damn place?"

He turned his head to address his squad. "Side door. Lots of activity, be ready." And then he was gone, darting forward, the click of his soldiers' boots filling his ears as they made that last dash through the agora to the cover of the warehouse's walls.

It was painfully easy for Strix to get through the four locks on the side door, and then the Black Sands ducked inside, the portal closed and re-latched silently behind them.

"Get ready to cover me."

Lix Lorn
2010-11-10, 11:07 AM
"Well, that's encouraging." she said dryly. "We're just going to dive in and wreak havoc until something happens?"

Recaiden
2010-11-10, 12:09 PM
Coat catches the bottle and takes a small sip. Assuming it isn't some poison, which she has considered, hence only a sip, she'll smile slightly.
"Thank you. This is an acceptable payment for my warm shelter. You are a courteous man, Sorrowful Frost. I am the Empty Raincoat that Waits out in the Cold"
She waves at Lera and Emeria. "But for every one like you, there are many who kick in my doors, who bury themselves in the floor," Yes, Optimizer Indivisible, you have been seen. "Who come ready for a fight, taking cover behind the burning wares of the building. No matter. Will you, at least, come in, and talk civilly? I think I have an idea as to why you are here."
She removes the gloved hand that was inside her coat. No need to have weapons at the ready, she hopes.

aetherialDawn
2010-11-10, 12:25 PM
"My apologies, citizen of Creation. Though I have no gift to bring you, I come in peace."
The strange, artificial man undoes his work, returning the floor to normal with glowing palms as quickly as he altered it to begin. Once done, he holds his hands up, not high; enough to show that he has no weapons in them as he adds,
"I am gladly open to any kinder words you might have; few have been so pleasant in my time here."
His words are soft and faintly clipped, elegant but in the same way as a fine smith's work, beautiful for its delicate edges and not its flowing movement. Judging by his vocabulary, he certainly didn't learn to speak in Nexus, either.

A peripheral mote on Metamaterial Crucible-Engine, since it's not like you didn't already see me magic a hole in the floor.

Personal: 11/22 (10 committed)
Peripheral: 56/60 (3 committed, +4 Skin Mount Amulet)
+5 Respiration (Skin Mount Amulet)

Myllinnia
2010-11-10, 02:28 PM
Novina almost relaxed, what with these people doing the oddest things. A burning warehouse mind you, and at the center of it a woman. One from the very forces that assaulted the city? Again, she almost relaxed, that was until Lera shattered the door and walked in as if she owned the place. Grumbling to herself she turns to the woman and bows gently if not weakly.

"I am Novina Illithar, I had hoped... to find myself unassualted here. The night... has become... problematic." She motions with one sweeping and slender arm towards the others. "I hadn't thought a burning warehouse would be this occupied." She frowns at the activity of soldiers but decides that if they hand wanted to harm her likely they would have seconds ago, her desert brown eyes fall upon Coat and fought back a wave of arrogance, she was the alien here it would not do to anger those that might be allies. "Forgive my... improper arrival."

DrakeRaids
2010-11-10, 03:58 PM
Lera gave a distinctly unladylike snort as she turned to Emeria, "Pfft. This whole mess is simple. Find Mask. Kill Mask. What more plan do we nee-" She paused as she spun around, her eyes narrowing as her entire body tensed up suddenly, flickering from person to person in the room, poised for action, an animal, back into a corner, and ready to spring with viciousness. It only took her a second to realize they where non-threatening, and her form relaxed just as quickly as it had prepared itself.

She smiled at them all, a bright, wide, befanged grin that seemed wildly incongruent to the beast she had almost become. She waved cheerfully, and stepped past the threshold with a self contained power and self certainty that suggested that she not only knew exactly where she was, and what was happening, she didn't care.

"Ohai! Name's Lera Veyln, the Alabaster Lion. Little slip of a thing behind me is Em' I found her wanderwing around and just didn't have it in me to let her stay out there. Anywho, where is your food? I'm hungry and I want some."

Lix Lorn
2010-11-10, 04:09 PM
Emeria started in shock, and couldn't help smiling at Lera's reaction.

aetherialDawn
2010-11-10, 04:43 PM
"The Mask... of Winters? You are here to turn back the Void?"
The slightly metallic man stands up straight and salutes, though it's far from military bearing. The strange gem upon his forehead seems to glow faintly as his face goes from impassive to a pleased, if slightly angular smile.
"If you speak truth, then I will aid you in his destruction. I am Jyok-Zul, a terrestrial god. I have been weakened, recently, but I still have command of metal and earth."
He looks around the warehouse, seeing who is arriving; Creation must have a Design from the Great Maker, for how else could so many come together here, at this time? If this was his sign from the Great Maker, then he would not disappoint. Perhaps he knew little about Creation, but there could be no doubt that he knew how to turn away the Void and leave it broken.
To anyone else, however, he simply appears far too confident in his ability to turn away the Mask of Winters himself for a mere terrestrial god.
"Will any of you join us and protect your city?"

Recaiden
2010-11-10, 04:59 PM
"Your apology is accepted, and you, Illithar, are forgiven." Coat turns and nods to Optimizer Indivisible.
Coat feels a bit of resentment at her contact for manipulating her so, but a betrayal of some sort was not unexpected. This might even turn out better than she had hoped. "It appears fate has decreed that we meet in this building as it starts to collapse, and go to destroy the Mask of Winters. Are we not all her to do that?"

Lera, however, is not getting any food until she apologizes for the door, or at least show a bit of respect, and that's final.

Myllinnia
2010-11-10, 05:02 PM
Novina rolls her eyes at the pretty yet uncouth woman. And the young woman with her was completely the opposite. Well from what she could see at the moment. She gives the pair a nod as well.

"Food would be nice my pretty friend, food and drink. But our host was not expecting us, and so I do not think there is food or drink to have. Especially as the warehouse burns, we may find ourselves once again outside." She bows to them then looks to Coat. "Though I could be wrong." Novina herself moves closer inside and sits down, checking the wound on her hip. Cursed dimwitted shadows, harming her perfect form! With a wince she looks back and sighs.

"Ah, I cannot say that I came to deal with the accursed Deathlord, but I see no wrong is actually doing so."

DrakeRaids
2010-11-10, 05:12 PM
"Fate smate. I'm here 'cause I want to be, not because of something in the stars." Lera said walking past her new friends, and promptly taking the apart anything and everything in the warehouse in her haphazard search for something to eat. So most of them seemed aiming for Masks head? Before she had encountered Emeria today she hadn't even given the Ghost a second thought, the Deathlord must be making quite a few enemies these days. "Nice to meet you all rwegardless! Nice to see a little bit of sanity in here, this place seems to have gone to hell in a handbasket. I won't turn away help though, as long as you prwomise not to get in the way. One of you go put the fire out or something.

Britter
2010-11-10, 05:40 PM
Isoyama motioned for Amar to follow him, and approached the woman who called herself Coat. He bowed, as did Amar, in the courtly fashion appropriate to their rank.

"I apologize for the intrusion, Madam Raincoat. I am Teresu Chen Isoyama, Commander of the River Dragons. This is Sergeant Cathak. My troops were heading towards Nexus to acquire supplies and recruits when we learned that the city was under attack. They wait nearby for word from me. If possible, we seek to aid Nexus against this threat before gathering additional forces, though I had intended to raise an army to oppose the First and Forsaken Lion before addressing the problem of the Mask of Winters. If I can offer any of you aid, it would be my honor and pleasure to do so." Isoyama's tone is formal, his demeanor that of one who is in command, his voice calm and deep as a winter lake, seemingly undisturbed by the chaos in the city or the unusual circumstances of this meeting. "I regret that I have nothing to offer in the way of hospitality beyond my services and those of my men. May I join you?" If invited to do so, Isoyama moves towards the group, kneeling gracefully and accepting a bottle from Sorrowful Frost if one is offered.

Rhyvurg
2010-11-10, 08:45 PM
Optimizer Indivisible gives a mechanical sigh - catching himself. No need to breathe with all this smoke around, and he was doing it for no one's benefit but his own anyway. He simply meditated for a few seconds, crouched down to press his hands to the floor, and let the circles of transmutation on his palms open a hole and close it after he dropped in. He needed to hide, of course, but when one needs to hide one also needs to listen to the cause, so he leaves only a thin layer in a dome. As long as nobody jumped on it, none would be the wiser but he.

Optimizer can hear voices above him, many voices and footsteps. If they discovered him hiding, it could go very bad very fast.

Xaantiaz
2010-11-10, 08:53 PM
Offering one of the bottles to Isoyama with one hand, Frost again searches through the large sack next to him. Out comes a handful of gauze and few metal tins which he rattles near one hear before nodding approvingly. "Princess, if you looking for food for you and your Lady, while this isn't what I'd call a feast, they're edible." He grins, clearly enjoying himself, and slides a pair of the tins and another bottle toward the newly arrived women.

Leaning back on the crate behind him, toying with the roll of gauze, a food tin, and a drink, Frost seems to relax beyond what is prudent for such an encounter. "Oh, and dear," he turns to Novina, "it seems that you are injured. If you'd like I can take a look at that for you, and if not, food and drink are still available."

DrakeRaids
2010-11-10, 08:54 PM
"The services of you men?" Lera looked over at Isoyama and gave him one of her feral grins marked by a slight wink. These people seemed nice enough, even if they where a little stiff. All these ladys and lordships got old after a while. "I didn't know you trained soldiers like that. Are any of them handsome?" She smiled at him, waiting for an answer, but before he had a chance to speak the smell of food hit the air and the Lunar became little more then a silver blur. On moment she was standing in front of Isoyama, the next she was literally ontop of Frost, on hand reaching out to snatch as many of the cans as she good.

"OhyesyesyesIlikeyouthanksforthefoodIhaven'teatenan ythingalldayandIhadtomaulthesethugswhothoughttheyc ouldhurtmeandsomeotherstuffbecausetodaayhasbeenjus tCRAZYgimmiegimmie."

Rhyvurg
2010-11-10, 09:00 PM
Novina peeks inside bending down just slightly to get a better view of the warehouse's interior for a brief moment. It wasn't a good idea to go inside a burning building this she knew, but the shadows of the night was nothing something she wanted to deal with. Bitting at her lower lip she gives the darkness a final look before dashing inside. As she enters she stops a few feet in and takes a deep breath. She doesn't wait long and moves quickly to the side her hand going to the blade on her hip, a hip that now throbbed with pain, as she sensed others entering.

Novina was getting tired of this though. This running was sooo beneath her!

She hears whispers outside as the door closes, whatever is after her is still out there. But now she had another problem, this warehouse is practically teeming with Exalted! (the other PCs)

Britter
2010-11-10, 09:15 PM
Isoyama laughed quietly, but with obvious good humor, at the slight, energetic woman's comment. "No,THAT is not usually part of our training regime. As vibrant and attractive as you are, my friend, I am sure that my soldiers would be more than willing to demonstrate what skills they think they have in that arena. However, I would appreciate it if you waited until after the battle before you take them up on such an offer." Isoyama looks at the door that Lera had so recently smashed to splinters. "I would like to have them uninjured for the fight to come,' he said with a smile and a chuckle.

Turning to Sorrowful Frost, Isoyama raised the flask and drank. "Thank you sir. I am in your debt, and will be glad to buy you a drink if we can survive this night." As the other man offers food and is nearly mauled by the slight but surprisingly muscular Lera, Isoyama continues "And assuming we survive dinner, as well" He shakes his head, laughing quietly to himself, and takes another drink.

Rhyvurg
2010-11-10, 09:25 PM
There's a loud crash, and a young woman in gold armor and holding a massive grand daiklave comes through the wall. A flickering anima banner surrounds her, wings seemingly made of sword blades. She bolts to her feet, then sees the others. "There is a Behemoth coming this way!"

Britter
2010-11-10, 09:35 PM
Isoyama rises smoothly to his feet. His good humor flows away like the receding tide, replaced by a serious mien. He turns to Amar, snapping off a rapid order. "Return to the Company, and have Jade move them into the city. Set up a command post, and see if you can find someone in charge and coordinate with them. I will join you shortly." He shoulders his spear, looking around him at the diverse group of individuals in the warehouse. "I suspect that we can handle this new threat."

5m personal for Five-Dragon Form

Join Combat: 6

Defenses
Dodge DV Unarmored 9, Armored 8
Parry DV With Spear 7, Unarmed 6, Sword 7

Armor: Jade Articulated Plate: Soak+12L/14B | Hardness 8L/8B | Mobility -2 | Fatigue 0 |Attune 6
Soak: 13L/17B
Hardness: 8L/8B

Attacks

Dire Lance: Spd 4(3 with Bracers) | Accuracy 15 (+2) | Damage 11L/15L (+8L/12L) | Def +2 | Rate 2 | Attune 5 | 2,L,R

Perfect Straight Sword: Spd 4(3 with Bracers) | Accuracy 13 (+3) | Damage 6L (+3l) | Def +3 | Rate 3

Punch/Kick: Spd5/5 | Accuracy 11/10 (+1/+0) | Damage 3B/6B (+0/+3) | Def +2/-2 | Rate 3/2 (2/1 with Bracers)

Health
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
-X [ ]

Mental Defenses
Dodge MDV 9
Parry MDV 2

Virtues
Compassion ●●
Conviction ●●
Temperance ●●
Valor ●●●●●

Willpower: ●●●●●●●●●●

Essence
Permanent: ●●●●●
Personal: 13/18 (0 Committed)
Peripheral: 25/42 (17 Committed)

DrakeRaids
2010-11-10, 09:42 PM
Lera pushed herself up with enviable speed and grace, her eyes narrowed and her fangs bared in what could only be anticipation. These where the moments she lived for, the thriller of the hunt, the taste of victory after a long fought battle. These where the things she longed for the most, for then, food, drink, or pleasure. This was why Luna made her, to defend creation with every ounce of strength in her body. And when the call to battle came, she would not be found wanting.

Pausing only to turn and blow Isoyama a kiss, she began to move towards the whole in the wall where the golden woman stood, the very fabric of creation reshaping around her as she can something deadly. Something more. The very idea of the Apex Predator made manifest.

It started as a black iron carapace began to form over her skin, a shell that would defend against the most grievous of injuries, as he slight for thickened and began to expand, arms bulging and snot extending to a feline muzzle just as the rest of her face began to slope and reform into a more animalistic continuance. Long silver spines began to slowly shift out of her back, extending and twitching slightly in the wind, each razor thin yet deadly hard, while her legs began to crack and reform into a reverse legged gait.

Long claws, easily pushing a half a foot in length extended from her fingers, as hooves began to developed where her feet used to be, the bottom of which covered in a silver metal that was vaguely reminiscent of horseshoes. She bulked up on last time, to the point where the once small woman now towered over everyone in the group, giving each on a wicked grin that revealed not one, but to layers of deadly fangs, while waves of essence continued to dance around her in a cascading display of emerald fury that remained tinted by her own banner of swirling snow.

"WeLl ThEn WhErE iS tHiS bEhEmOtH yOu MeNtIoNeD?" she growled in a rough parody of human speech.

Recaiden
2010-11-10, 09:44 PM
Raincoat winces. "That's even worse then the door!" Deep breath. It's just a warehouse wall. It was going to burn down anyway. "Behemoth. Isomaya is right, and incidentally welcome in my abode as well. We can handle this, right?"
She looks around at the assembled Exalted (and (fake) god), eyes turning black, and draws a dark boomerang from within her coat.
"No problem."
3 motes to activate Void Stares Back and 3 to activate Raiton's Nimble Perch via Effortless Unnatural Grace
Personal: 10/22 (6 Committed)
Peripheral: 65/65 (0 Committed)

Rhyvurg
2010-11-10, 09:48 PM
The Solar stares at her, then slowly points out the hole she'd made at the behemoth approaching the city walls. Despite the distance, it still looked massive, and it was still a ways off.

DrakeRaids
2010-11-10, 10:07 PM
Lera's banner was in full display, and by now it was almost hard to see the monster she had become behind the veil of snow and frost that whipped around her like the waves licked the ocean shore. Her totem, the giant snow lion, towered over even her, ethereal and majestic as she began to gallop out of the warehouse charging towards the enraged creatures before her, pausing only yo ensure her new allies where keeping up.

Join Combat: 7

Defenses
Dodge DV 7
Parry DV 7

Soak: 43B/41L/12A

Hardness: 5B/5L

Attacks

Quills/Hands: Speed 5 | A 29 | D +15L/5 | R 7 | Range 15 | Tags N,R,O
Hooves: Speed 5 | A 28 | D +19L/5 | R 6 | Range M| Tags R,O
Bite: Speed 5 | A 32| D +19L/5 | R 5 | Range M| Tags N,O

Willpower: 10/10
Motes: 27/41
Personal:22/22

Health
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ] [ ]
-2 [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
-4 [ ]
-X [ ]

Whiskeyjack
2010-11-10, 10:24 PM
"How vulgar," Nico sighed, stepping out from the box cover.
"Do us all a favor, your gaudy lout, and shut that down. You want to be the center of attention, fine with me, just don't bind me to your bad decisions."

aetherialDawn
2010-11-10, 10:29 PM
Optimizer Indivisible seems both surprised and pleased at Isoyama's immediate reaction to the news and combination of valour and efficiency. His smile brightens for a moment before disappearing to be replaced with seriousness. He asks the golden-armored woman, not so much asking as confirming, "It is in the direction you just came in through?" and immediately turns, arms raised into a position not quite suited for the immediate casting of sorcery.

Seeing Lera change, he remains somewhat impassive. Despite his surprise, it wouldn't do to offend an ally when a city is endangered. He nods to the Empty Raincoat, with less suspicion; black eyes are practically normal. "We are certainly strong enough together to fend this off, and clearly there are others already in the fight. Let us not leave them alone against this Behemoth." He does not bother to wait for the other Exalted in the room, trusting their loyalty to Creation, perhaps naively... but with a Behemoth here, unlikely to be proven wrong today.

He begins to chant soft words in a language not quite Old Realm, arms shifting into what look like painful positions as they slowly rise to grasp a forming white ball above his head in the center of blue light that flares around, him dispersing it into a net that dissipates into an invisible grid of Essence, prepared to shape the very body of Gaia. His skin is noticeably more metallic now, and he leaves faint footprints of what appear to be shimmering steel. "I am prepared." As the woman indicates the approaching behemoth, his eyes flash brighter, giving off green light.

Casting Theoplastic Engineering Protocol. Now for the rest of the scene, the terrain is mine to command as a miscellaneous action. 15 motes, spending 6 personal + 9 peripheral. Anima banner is going to stay at the 8-10 level because of it. Also 1wp, because it's a Protocol. Silly me.

Personal Motes: 5/22
Peripheral Motes: 45/60
Willpower: 9/10

Attacks:
Punch – Speed 5, Accuracy +1, Damage 2B, Rate 3, Defense +2
Kick – Speed 5, Accuracy +0, Damage 5B, Rate 2, Defense -2
Clinch – Speed 5, Accuracy +0, Special, Rate 1, Defense 0
Hand Crossbow – Speed 5, Accuracy +0, Damage 4L*, Rate 1, Range 75
*Target bolts add piercing, blunt bolts add +2 bashing damage. 5 each.

Defenses:
Dodge DV 6
Parry DV 1 + (Defense/2)

Soak: 4B/5L (Fine Chain Shirt +2B/+4L)

Health:
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
Incap [ ]

Myllinnia
2010-11-10, 10:56 PM
Novina nods at the friendly person who had offered to check her hurt leg but no sooner does she give her silent acceptance to be treated all hell on Creation breaks loose. A behemoth was tearing apart the city and she would not have this.

"This night gets worse and worse," Novina stands and draws her blade. "And we've a crazy Lunar running about. Looks like as worse as it'll get the more interesting these people apparently become." With that she starts forward to join the others.

STATUS
WP 8/8
Personal 23/23
Peripheral 42/42

Recaiden
2010-11-10, 10:59 PM
Of her new allies, Raincoat at least is trying to keep up. She races after the Lunar, staring up through the darkness at the approaching Behemoth. Why did it have to attack just now?

"Come on then!" She yells back into the warehouse. As she runs, she pours part of her energy into the skycutter in her hands, enhancing the grasping, draining nature it already possesses.

Artifacts and Equipment
Spinshine, Skycutter (Speed +5, Accuracy +4, Damage +7L, Rate 2, Attune 4, Range 50)
Soulsteel Chain Shirt (+7L, +5B, Hardness 3, Attune 2)

Join Combat: 8

Defenses
Dodge DV: 7
Parry DV: 3

Soak: 9/9

Health
-0 [ ][ ][ ][ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
-X [ ]

Mental Defenses
Dodge MDV 7
Parry MDV 3

Willpower: 10

Essence
Permanent: ●●●●
Personal: 7/22 (6 Committed)

3 Motes spent for Ravening Mouth of Thrown

Xaantiaz
2010-11-10, 11:26 PM
"And here I thought we could all have a nice dinner and a chat. Oh well, I guess a nice battle will have to do instead." Rising from his seat with a grin and makes his way to the "door" that now takes up most of the wall. "Not all of us turn into something. Some of us are just naturally this amazing." Golden essence shines from his palm as he walks by Novina. His hand lingers a few inches from the wound until the essence dissipates leaving no indication a wound ever existed.

"Come now, we can't be letting the Princess and her Lady have all the fun, now can we?" Still smiling like a butcher's dog Frost snatches a golden blade from the air and heads for the behemoth singing a quiet song as he goes, the bright circle on his forehead leading the way.

Spending 7m on Instant Treatment Method followed by activating Fivefold Bulwark Stance for 5m, 1wp (assuming we have some time before we can reach the behemoth) and finally instantly regaining the 1wp because of cult.

Total of 12m spent, 2 personal, 10 peripheral,

Personal: 20/22
Peripheral: 30/41

Spirit Weapons - Knife Speed 5 | A 17 | D +9L | R 3 | Range 25 | Tags -
Spirit Weapons - Javelin Speed 4 | A 17 | D +10L | R 3 | Range 25 | Tags P
Light's Last Stand Speed 5 | A 16 | D +9L | R 4 | D +3 | Tags -

Defenses
PDV - 8
DDV - 5
PMDV - 5
DMDV - 9

Soak
Armored - 12B/ 9L/ 7A
Unarmored - 3B/ 2L/ 0A

Health
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
I [ ]
D [ ][ ][ ]

Whiskeyjack
2010-11-11, 01:50 AM
"Loca, Strix." He paused. "Keep the squads here, fortify, you know what you're qualified to engage. Point targets for me, if nothing else."

He readied his weapon and stepped forward. "I would like to sleep in something more sheltering than a shelled-out hovel full of zombie parts tonight, so let's not bring this building down around us, hmm?"

Fancy Pants
2010-11-11, 02:24 AM
Diving into the warehouse for protection, two of Tejima's Minion of the Greater Eye bodyguards had followed him in a few moments later once the warstrider had left the scene and he could only assume that both of his dematerialised Blood Ape bodyguards were still hanging around from the odd rank bloody odour he smells.

Once safely inside the burning warehouse, Tejima found that it had seemed to instantly become a hotspot meeting place for Exalts. His doing? Doubtful, but almost a dozen probable powerful Essence users appearing from nowhere simultaneously had to be some sort of record. The fact that at least one of them had a small army also made him think a little less secure in his four bodyguards.

In a perfect world, Tejima would have used this opportunity to stay hidden and analyse the situation. Instead he managed to stay unnoticed for approximately a minute before accident knocking over a small box, drawing all eyes in the room to himelf and his unusual bodyguards.

"I-" he says, stalling for a moment as he struggles to explain himself in front of this eccentric collection of individuals.

At which point a woman crashes through the walls, anima flared, shouting "There is a Behemoth coming this way!"

Thank the god of distractions-from-embarrassing-moments for that one, thinks Tejima, as all eyes swivel to this last arrival and then charge off in pursuit. After a moments consideration he joins their ranks, jogging after them rather than running because he knows he's not the kind of hero you read about in romance novels and that his knees would probably give out after a few minutes of full pace running.

"Hi, I'm Tejima," he says, introducing himself as he hurries out of the warehouse after this behemoth. "I think I should be able to help out a bit. I'm a fairly adept user of Essence."

No lie there, though not the whole truth. Even if it seemed that some of the people he was rushing into battle with were Solars, he wasn't so sure about others and it would be best to see where their loyalties lie first.

Activating Melee Essence Flow at no cost

Join Battle: 4

Lix Lorn
2010-11-11, 05:21 AM
Emiria narrows her eyes as she gathers herself together, channeling dark essence towards her hands as she charges after Lera.

Join Battle: 3
Activating Crypt Bolts for this scene, costs 4 motes +2 for non-solar.
Now on
22/22 Personal motes
27/42 Peripheral.
Caste mark starts shining!

Britter
2010-11-11, 03:35 PM
Isoyama ran towards the behemoth, following in the Lunar's wake. He cleared his mind as he went, letting concerns for his troops and the people of Nexus and the fact that he was now undisuptedly in the company of Anathema flow away. There would be time enough for that later. For now, there was work to be done. Now eager for the coming fight, he quickened his pace as the fires of the burning city reflected off of his armor.

aetherialDawn
2010-11-11, 03:59 PM
Optimizer allows himself a sigh once he's out of the smoke, clearing his artificial lungs and letting the slow movement aid in clearing his mind, opening himself up to the beautiful song of reason that was Autochthon's voice in order to prepare to best deal with the trials ahead.

He calmly goes through what he needs to do; evacuating any citizens back into Nexus, eliminating the immediate threat of the Behemoth, preparing to turn back the legions of the Void-creatures - both these strange 'ghosts' and the so-called 'Fair Folk'. He nearly loses his calm at the thought of such creatures of discord and capricious destruction. It was right that such creatures be annihilated, since not a one could be harmonious or anything but an enemy of all that was good in the world; he would give anything to see the innocents protected, and it seemed Creation was in need of his help - of Autochthonia's help - to do so.

So resolved, he follows his temporary companions swiftly, with an even pace leaving behind softly-glowing footprints of liquid metal that evaporate soon enough, leaving the ground a little cleaner and flatter in his wake, organized slightly by even the passing of a Champion of Autochthon.

Rhyvurg
2010-11-11, 08:52 PM
As the Exalted swarm out of the warehouse with a little less initiative than is probably ideal, a massive chunk of stone that would dwarf most houses falls out of the night and crushes the Solar swordswoman under it's bulk. Only her hand still clutching her blade can be seen, until the expanding pool of blood seeps out from under the stone.

Myllinnia
2010-11-11, 09:56 PM
Novina is a little surprised. She had heard the stories of Solars surviving against Creation's founders. This one must have been quite new to her power. Or maybe the stories were wrong, and something else forced the Creators of Creation to submit to the Solars.

Novina comes to the crushed woman an kneels down knowing fully well that the woman was likely dead. This woman was not strong and her demise was proof it, she held no sorrow for her. Running her fingers in a quick motion she silently consigns by desire the spirit of the woman that had died and turns her attention to the Behemoth. For a moment she is still then raises her weapon the sickly gleaming starmetal Daiklave 'Darken Star' and points the blade at the largest being that her abilities cannot discern. "I am stronger," she tells herself giving the creature an imperious look.

Committing 8m for Hellscry Chakra w/ Wayward Divinity Oversight's benefits.

STATUS
WP 8/8
Personal 15/23
Peripheral 42/42

Recaiden
2010-11-11, 10:09 PM
Raincoat pauses by the block of stone, dipping her blade into the blood for luck. "May you find a better life in your next incarnation."

Whiskeyjack
2010-11-11, 11:22 PM
"Gods, how...pathetic. Zacharian! Collect this weapon, that it may be properly cataloged and purified, and offered to please the spirit of the fallen." He rushes off after the others.

DrakeRaids
2010-11-11, 11:24 PM
Lera was already so far gone she didn't even notice the woman as she was crushed. Her eyes, the only thing that remained of the woman beneath flashed up at the encroaching behemoth. That was her target, that was her prize, and it would fall before her. Anything else was a mere distraction that would be handled at a later date.

Rhyvurg
2010-11-11, 11:30 PM
When she reaches the city wall, she sees the army of goblins between her and the monster.

DrakeRaids
2010-11-11, 11:43 PM
Lera paused, looking down at the hobogoblin hoard below her. Her silver banner swept around her in its icy fury as her caste mark, the symbol of the full moon was painted clearly above her forehead. The Lunar opened her mouth wide and let out a roar, a terrifying shout expand, rippling through the ranks of the faes forces like a wave crashing onto a sandy shore. A cry that told them that the full moon, the bane of the wyld was here, and that there only possible chance to survive, was to flee. Then, without another second wasted, she charged down towards the creatures, towards the behemoth, towards her destiny.

[roll0] Performance roll to make the goblins GTFO

Note: After appearance mods, hobgoblins have an MDV of 1 against Lera

Botch. Godamnit.

Defenses
Dodge DV 7
Parry DV 7

Attacks

Motes: 31/41

Health
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ] [ ]
-4 [ ]
-X [ ]

aetherialDawn
2010-11-12, 12:49 AM
Optimizer looks out upon the blasphemous army. Spotting the few remaining corpses of civilians, his anger flares to see the innocents slaughtered by these foul agents of the Void. Nevertheless, for the good of the city he turns his attention outwards. He cannot see the behemoth clearly, but he does not care beyond what weakness he might exploit to annihilate it... and very few things can survive more than one mountain, he's certain.
He raises his arms, blue-white anima flaring bright around him, auspicious starmetal falling to the ground in luminescent droplets as the very earth begins to reshape itself a thousand steps from the city walls.
Stone begins rising into the air at his command to form what appear to be two great rows of pillars, one to either side of where the behemoth's path will take it towards the city. Marshaling the land itself in defense of Creation's people, it is his intent that the behemoth will never manage to approach closer than that, and so the line is drawn.

Using my already-active Theoplastic Engineering Protocol (Page 194, Manual of Exalted Power: Alchemicals) to start shaping the environment in preparation for confining the behemoth when it gets close enough (400 yards from the city's edge).
I won't be taking part in mass combat besides shaping the ground, because a) I wouldn't be useful b) you can kill goblins without me and c) I want to crush this thing between a couple mountains like a bug, although I'll be wrapping it up inside of one first like the deadliest Christmas present you've ever seen.

Personal Motes: 5/22
Peripheral Motes: 53/68

Join Combat: 5

Attacks:
Punch – Speed 5, Accuracy +1, Damage 3B, Rate 3, Defense +2
Kick – Speed 5, Accuracy +0, Damage 6B, Rate 2, Defense -2
Clinch – Speed 5, Accuracy +0, Special, Rate 1, Defense 0
Hand Crossbow – Speed 5, Accuracy +0, Damage 4L*, Rate 1, Range 75
*Target bolts add piercing, blunt bolts add +2 bashing damage. 5 each.

Defenses:
Dodge DV 5
Parry DV 3 + (Defense/2)

Soak: 5B/6L (Fine Chain Shirt +2B/+4L)

Health:
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
Incap [ ]

Fancy Pants
2010-11-12, 02:22 AM
Looking from the massive Raksha horde the dead Lawgiver, a wave of worry suddenly floods over Tejima. Was he running to his death?

"HEY!"

Tejima shouts this at the other Exalts between panting as he briefly spurs himself forward to the front of the pack then turns around and tries to try and flag them down.

"Listen, there's a lot of Raksha out there and I think we've all just been reminded that Exalts aren't immortal. Instead of running out there alone to try and defeat the Fair Folk, why don't we combine forces and take them on together?"

(What Tejima means:)
Mechanically Tejima's suggesting that we all join into one big mass combat group with the best warlord in charge and everyone else taking the position of a Hero or Sorceror

Xaantiaz
2010-11-12, 03:07 AM
Stopping for an instant beside the fallen Frost bows his head. "My the Unconquered Sun bless your journey and your souls find peace at last." The body begins to dissipate into thousands of motes of golden essence, guiding her souls to the rest of Lethe.

"Let us hope we are all stronger than that Novina, my dear. But in the end, we shall see very soon." Again Frost continues on, although his song has become much sadder.

Spending 1m to activate the Zenith Anima power to send the Solar's souls on to Lethe which also activates the main Anima power (by taking the amount of spent peripheral to 11m), adding Essence to soak and minimum damage against CoDs (Core, 94).

Peripheral: 29/41
Anima: 11m, Brilliant Bonfire

Spirit Weapons - Knife Speed 5 | A 17 | D +9L | R 3 | Range 25 | Tags -
Spirit Weapons - Javelin Speed 4 | A 17 | D +10L | R 3 | Range 25 | Tags P

Defenses
PDV - 8
DDV - 5
PMDV - 5
DMDV - 9

Soak
Armored - 12B/ 9L/ 7A
Armored - 16B/ 13L/ 12A - Against CoDs
Unarmored - 3B/ 2L/ 0A

Health
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
I [ ]
D [ ][ ][ ]

Britter
2010-11-12, 08:35 AM
Isoyama surveys the mass of goblins. Normally, with so few people, defeating a force like this would be impossible. But these few are not mere mortals; they were Exalted, and their foes would fall before them like grass to the scythe. The tall warrior scanned the battlefield. In his mind, he could see the lines of advance, the possible responses of the foe, the flow and change of the conflict. He turned to the rest of the people from the warehouse. "I have some skill in these matters. If you will consent to following my orders, I will lead us against the Raksha." Isoyama radiated confidence and command, a man obviously prepared to fight and to win, certain in his ability to overcome this foe before him if given the proper tools.

Rhyvurg
2010-11-13, 04:58 AM
The goblins take a step back when the Exalted appear on the city wall. They move away from the pillars of stone rising from the ground, for their numbers were so vast Optimizer could not affect the earth outside their mass. But the golden glow on the wall is the source of their true fear, for these ageless beings were the ones that had killed countless of their kind in the past. But they were supposed to be dead... The distant behemoth was undaunted, either to dim to realize the peril it was advancing on, or so confident in it's own power it did not care. On the wall, the defenders of Nexus drew back from the exalted, not sure if they were there to help, or more raiders like the ones trying to enter the tombs. A few dozen yards away, a group of six young children huddled behind the battlements, holding dropped shields over their heads. And, unseen by the Exalted, the goblins out in the innumerable horde were readying stolen Implosion Bows...

Fancy Pants
2010-11-13, 07:50 AM
"Demons, materialise yourselves and get ready to fight!"

Two ferocious looking Blood Apes appear next to Tejima at this command, completing his motley collection of bodyguards. As they see the fighting they're going to be able to get involved in, they both grin with infernal delight.

"Yes," Tejima continues, turning to Isoyama, "If you're a skilled commander, then you're one hell of a lot better than me. I'll follow your lead."

If the others knew that he was a Solar, it might have been strange to see him allow a Dragon-blooded to lead him. In fact he was used to it, having learnt much from his Dragonblooded ally Karal Phu Zheng.

"One thing worth mentioning though: I'm a good enough fighter, but my true talent lies elsewhere. If you or someone else can get to the Wyld zone of Firewander district then I can create an army for you from the Wyld."

Recaiden
2010-11-13, 11:38 AM
Raincoat nods. Fighting armies is not exactly her best point. "I will follow you as well, Isomaya, till we carve a way to the behemoth.

aetherialDawn
2010-11-13, 02:43 PM
Optimizer Indivisible does not respond immediately to Isoyama, but raises a huge wall of stone from the earth to patch the holes in the wall behind the group of Exalted. "I approve of your leadership, but I'm afraid I must decline for at least fifty-nine more seconds."

He sits down in a meditative position, closing his eyes as the gem upon his forehead turns dull and his body becomes unresponsive.

My new wall is not exactly as well-constructed as Nexus' wall, probably, but it has the benefit of only being to patch the holes, so I can probably raise some pretty thick stone to do so. I'm also doing something which Rhyvurg knows and anyone else can probably guess, but I still vainly hope to surprise someone about it. If I need to be slowed down for some reason then I ran into a storm on the way.

Myllinnia
2010-11-15, 12:03 AM
Novina glances to Frost and nods with an appreciated smile, "Let us hope so."

To the one who called to unite them as single fighting force however she denies. "I will not join the full force that you gather. While it certainly shows a greater power in the making I think it best a few of us remain out of such a grouping." She looks about as they near the threat and readies herself to call upon Celelyne's gift to cow this being from outside of Creation. "Be aware, that I hope your efforts together will be successful, for if it is, I am sure then that other efforts this night will be easy to deal with."

Britter
2010-11-16, 04:04 PM
Isoyama is brisk and to the point, obviously having assumed the mantle of command. "If you can give me an army, I will get you to the Firewander. My battlecarrier will be here shortly, and my men will escort and defend you." Isoyama turns towards where the River Dragons are camped, and allows his essence to flow. It forms like mist on the wind as he whispers orders for his distant troops, letting the wind that flows through the battle-torn city carry them to the ears of his second-in-command, Battleworn Jade. Move carrier, 1st Talon, Strider to wall, meet Tejima, Escort to Firewander. Form army, hold walls. Cathak, 2nd Talon take warehouse. Advise receipt of orders. He mouths the words soundlessly, and without hesitation, years of practive allowing him to deliver the exact orders he wanted. His anima forms around him for a moment, a sense of moisture in the air and the flow of a mighty river that lingers only for a moment. "Your escort will be here shortly."

"As for the rest of you lot, if you are with me, than let us move forward and deal with this behemoth." The tall Dragon-Blood heads towards the battle, waiting to see who would follow him so he could formulate his tactics.

Spending 3m peripheral on Wind-Carried-Words Technique (MoEP: DB pg 131). 1 mote for charm, 1 mote for surcharge, 1 mote for distance. Requesting that Jade bring the carrier around and grab Tejima, take him to the Wyld, and let him do his thing.

Status Tracker

Scene Long: Five-Dragon Form

Defenses

Armor: Jade Articulated Plate: Soak+12L/14B | Hardness 8L/8B | Mobility -2 | Fatigue 0 |Attune 6

Attacks

Dire Lance: Spd 4(3 with Bracers) | Accuracy 15 (+2) | Damage 11L/15L (+8L/12L) | Def +2 | Rate 2 | Attune 5 | 2,L,R

Perfect Straight Sword: Spd 4(3 with Bracers) | Accuracy 13 (+3) | Damage 6L (+3l) | Def +3 | Rate 3

Punch/Kick: Spd5/5 | Accuracy 11/10 (+1/+0) | Damage 3B/6B (+0/+3) | Def +2/-2 | Rate 3/2 (2/1 with Bracers)

Health
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
-X [ ]

Mental Defenses
Dodge MDV 9
Parry MDV 2

Virtues
Compassion ●●
Conviction ●●
Temperance ●●
Valor ●●●●●

Essence
Peripheral: 22/42 (17 Committed)

Rhyvurg
2010-11-16, 08:29 PM
As the lone Terrestrial advances on the goblins, streams of essence arc his over the goblin horde, practically crackling with savage power. They descend towards the wall, like promises of inevitable death, right for the huddling children...

aetherialDawn
2010-11-16, 09:21 PM
A strange distortion falls from the sky, the wavering effects falling away as it changes into a comet, a silver center followed by a blue-white trail, and finally becoming a massive, warstrider-sized man, hovering on wings of starmetal and white-blue jets of Essence, with a massive green gem upon his brow identical to that of the dormant body directly below as he hovers in front of the wall.

Holding out his arms wide, the giant figure shouts,
"Get behind me, citizens!"

He holds out his arms wide, and the plates of his chest slide apart to reveal a sphere of orichalcum - just as the arcing implosion bolts near the wall, that sphere pulses once, releasing a torrent of crackling energy followed by the ear-splitting CRACK of thousands of adamant pistons firing, empowering the wave such that it sweeps aside the essence-borne death as no more than faint ripples across the expanding golden sphere of light and protection, huddled children behind him able to see the artillery's payload made so many harmless sparks when it meets the immovable shield of law.

As hispale blue essence flares from nothing to a mighty bonfire in a single instant, visible out to miles and lighting the night with its righteous light, a single arm swings forward, a finger of condemnation pointed to the hordes of goblins. Brilliant lightning is arcing up to the sky from his shield, and now surrounds that hand in a corona of divine judgment.
"You know not who you fight! I am Optimizer Indivisible, and I will stop you, gremlins of the Void!"
I just used Impenetrable Repulsion Field with the Overcharger Submodule and Spherical Repulsion Generator for a total cost of 9m, 1wp. End effect? Until my next action, ANY attack that passes within 12 yards is Perfect-Parried if I want. Melee attacks originating inside the sphere are still perfect-parried if they would strike me. Fire all the artillery you want: There's nothing you can do!
Status Tracker:Scene-long: Flight (5-dot)

[B]Defenses[B]
Dodge DV Base 10, Current 11
Parry DV

[B]Armor: [B] Soak +9B/+8L, Hardness 6B/6L, Mobility -1, Fatigue 0, reduces post-soak damage by 1, Attune 3
[B]Soak: [B] 20B/19L
[B]Hardness: [B] 12B/12L

[B]Attacks[B]
Punch – Speed 5, Accuracy 11, Damage 11B, Defense +2, Rate 3
Kick – Speed 5, Accuracy 10, Damage 14B, Defense -2, Rate 2
Lightning Ballista – Speed 6, Accuracy 15, Damage 25L Piercing, Rate 1, Range 1000
Essence Twister – Speed 6, Accuracy 16, Damage 26B, Rate 1, Range 300x40

[B]Health[B]
-0 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
-X [ ]

[B]Mental Defenses[B]
Dodge MDV 10
Parry MDV 5

[B]Virtues[B]
Compassion ●●●●
Conviction ●●
Temperance ●
Valor ●●●

[B]Willpower: [B] ●●●●●●●●●●
Willpower: 8/10

[B]Essence[B]
Personal: 5/28 (16 Committed)
Peripheral: 52/68 (4 Committed)

Recaiden
2010-11-16, 09:29 PM
Raincoat sees the arc of the essence blasts coming up, and her first thought is gladness that it is not aimed at her.
Then there's a bit of remorse. Those kids might not be useful to them, but they still shouldn't die. It's just not fair. Now, the world isn't fair. She knows that well, has learned it over and over. But still...
If only she could do something about it. They're only further along the wall. But she is abyssal. All her powers are to destroy. Well, except that one. Raincoat rushes forward and hurls her boomerang along the battlements, as it begins to glitter with the energy she focuses through it. It should skip off the edge of the wall, creating a protective shield of ice for the children around the point of impact.

3 motes for Frozen Prayer Entombment. MoeP: Abyssals page 133
Here's a Thrown + Dexterity Roll
[roll0]

And here's a Thrown + Dexterity Roll for the Skycutter to circle back to her hand
[roll1]

Resonance +1 for protecting the living.

DrakeRaids
2010-11-16, 09:43 PM
The goblins scattering out of her path as the Lunar charged, Lera's eyes met the behemoths as she let out a roar of challenge, pausing before the monstrous beast for a single moment as she deigned to acknowledge it as an equal. And then, like a moving storm made of little more then silver and rage, battle was joined. She was a hurricane of force, a blizzard of burning ice that could not be denied as it seemed to strike everywhere at once, somersaulting onto its face to gouge at and eye before suddenly blinking over to its flank and leaving long gashes with her cruel silver claws, as she mercilessly tore chunks of flesh from it with every bite and every kick.

Using my combo. Spending 4 motes and one willpower starting off, attacking the behemoth twenty times.

Kicks: Damage 19L/5 + Sux
[roll0] 9 sux
[roll1] 21 sux
[roll2] 10 sux
[roll3] 10 sux
[roll4] 17 sux
[roll5] 13 sux
[roll6] 11 sux
[roll7] 8 sux
[roll8] 9 sux

Punches: Damage 15L/5 + Sux
[roll9] 15 sux
[roll10] 13 sux
[roll11] 6 sux
[roll12] 10 sux
[roll13] 10 sux

Bites: 19L/5 + Sux
[roll14] 9 sux
[roll15] 9 sux
[roll16] 7 sux
[roll17] 7 sux
[roll18] 7 sux

Defenses
Dodge DV 7
Parry DV 7

Attacks

Motes: 27/41

Health
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ] [ ]
-4 [ ]
-X [ ]

Myllinnia
2010-11-17, 01:04 AM
Novina hisses as she sees the essence stream for the children of huddling close to a place children should not be. This too was intolerable, the order of this city already were showing the corruptiveness of the failed law. Still something should be said of the strangeness of the power that the strange god had used to protect the children. He's very being was different that what she would have thought a terrestrial god would have been upon her enhanced senses. She shakes her head though and leaps over a pile of rubble.

It would be foolish to reveal her nature too soon, so for now, she would leave the city's spiritual make up alone. Well there was a 'god' here after all it would not do to hurt it with her power at the moment. So spies one of the lesser creatures to the Behemoth, considering the Lunar was viciously tearing into that creature. From atop the pile of rubble she leaps as one of the goblins enters her field of vision her well endowed and beautiful form sails through the smoky and dark night as she launches an attack upon it. With a simple twirl and she forces a bit of momentum into her leaping strike and brings her dark weapon with its sleek form shimmering with the dying stars of Malfeas upon the creature.

Just a simple testing attack of whenever its her tick likely.

A single strike with her daiklave (unenhanced by stunts/charms): [roll0]

STATUS
DDV 10
JB 3

MDDV 8
JD 3

SOAK: Natural: 7B 7L Armored: 12B 12L 5A (w Viridian Legend Exoskeleton (22B 22L 15A) | HARDNESS: 7B 7L (w Viridian Legend Exoskeleton (17B 17L)

Health
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ] [ ]
-2 [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
-4 [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
-I [ ]
-D [ ] [ ]

Lix Lorn
2010-11-17, 03:58 PM
As Emeria closes with the behemoth, black and blue lightning crackles around her, before she points her hands directly at it.
At a distance of about forty yards, almost exactly, she skids to a halt and the lightning shoots out. It streaks towards the behemoth, and, if successful, pierces it through once, crackling round several times to all but coat it in cold, necrotising essence.

(gulp)
Using my combo, activating Wind full of Knives to attack five times. Costs 10 motes, and I can use Seven Shadows if necessary.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
Aaaand I'm an idiot. Forgot to rollv.

Each does 12L damage, plus attack successes...

Recaiden
2010-11-18, 10:54 AM
Raincoat rushes from the city into the midst of the goblin and leaps into the air, a nimbus of dark energy flowing up and around her for, trickling like black water and pooling around her hands. She doesn't fall, but hangs in the air as the necrotic energies build and crystals of ice form on the surface of the display.

Spending 5 motes, 1 willpower to activate Radiant Holocaust Flare portion of my Combo, to attack on my next action.
Active: Void Stares Back
Radiant Holocaust Flare
Raiton's Nimble Perch
Ravening Mouth of Thrown

Artifacts and Equipment
Spinshine, Skycutter (Speed +5, Accuracy +4, Damage +7L, Rate 2, Attune 4, Range 50)
Soulsteel Chain Shirt (+7L, +5B, Hardness 3, Attune 2)

Defenses

Health
-0 [ ][ ][ ][ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
-X [ ]

Mental Defenses
Dodge MDV 7
Parry MDV 3

Willpower: 9 (10 Max)

Essence
Personal: 2/22 (6 Committed)

Fancy Pants
2010-11-18, 05:15 PM
Seeing the blasts of condensed Essence being fired towards them, Tejima instantly recognises them for what they are and curses. His mind then quickly cycles forward and tracks the past of the blasts with a growing horror, but he's gratified to see that the strange 'god' seemed to be holding back the destruction.

"Sorry," he says to Isoyama, "But it looks like things just got a bit more urgent."

Turning and running, he rushes towards Optimizer, taking shelter in his protective Aegis.

"You there," he says, calling to the Alchemical, "What you're doing is magnificent, but can you move and keep this protective field up so the children can get to safety?"

Britter
2010-11-18, 10:08 PM
"It's no matter. They won't be here before this fight is over regardless." Isoyama replies as he turns towards the goblin horde. His comrades might be able to bypass these more mundane foes, and Isoyama suspected he could as well. However, if someone didn't do something to stop them, the goblins would overrun the defensive positions. And those implosion bows needed to be dealt with. And possibly captured, I think. They would come in handy the Terrestrial thought to himself.

aetherialDawn
2010-11-18, 10:23 PM
Optimizer nods to Tejima, and speaks in a more modulated, softer voice, though still amplified enough to drown out the sounds of battle beginning. His words are clipped, swift, purposeful. "Can and will. Be careful of further artillery fire, but I calculate likely six minutes before they fire again unless more ordnance brought online." A few of his words are... odd, but the meaning overall is clear enough at least. Under a time of stress, though, he's no god of Creation - time enough for that later, hopefully.

His words to the mortals, at least, are somewhat more comforting and less artificial-seeming. "Citizens, stay close! I shall return you to safety - that includes you, soldiers. Come to safety." He glances out over the battle, eyes flashing for a moment as he gathers information. Already going against the goblins, but there are so many thousands more that even his calculations turn up no more than rough estimates.

Not taking any action, just moving along with the citizens to evacuate them safely behind the wall, then returning - probably before my action, but otherwise I shall complete my targeting algorithms and take a potshot over the wall anyway, at the Behemoth, at that time. Lightning Ballista = over half a mile range.

Rhyvurg
2010-11-19, 01:50 AM
As Lera approaches the beast, she can see it's ruin. It reeks of death, it crawls along the ground leaking rivers of putrid blood and it's flesh hangs in rotting flaps. It's arms are decayed to the bone in some places, but it still has the strength to drag it's incalculable bulk towards Nexus. Just before the thing's brow blocks her line of sight, she can see the fortress on it's back. It has no defense, besides it's impossibly resilient flesh, as she tears into it. Her punches and kicks tear ragged holes in the behemoth, but as she bites it she nearly vomits from the taste of millenia-old rotted meat. But just as her fury abates, the spot she assaulted quivers and bulges out, and she can hear a strange rustling noise, the cause becoming apparent as the damaged flesh explodes, sending a deluge of pus and blood at the Lunar. But right behind it is a swarm of gigantic maggots, bristling with savage teeth. The gush of fluids carry them all around Lera, surrounding her in an instant.

==============================================

Novena is more fortunate, her attack slices the beast but not enough to provoke the same reaction that Lera got.

The goblins pull back from the Exalted, unwilling to face them (or get close to the behemoth) without their leaders to support them. The behemoth is more than willing to attack them, however. It raises one massive arm and brings it crashing down on Lera, and she sees dark forms flit about the flesh of the limb as it falls.

Optimizer hustles the children off the wall and into a sheltered tower, but with the city on the verge of breaking there is no safer place close enough.

DrakeRaids
2010-11-19, 10:07 AM
Lera spat out the tainted meat the moment her jaws closed over it, the monster she had become pausing underneath the behemoth for a moment as she spat and sputtered, seemingly unconcerned at the giant foot that was aiming to crush her into oblivion. She was still coughing and gagging, muttering curses at the monster above her as its foot came crashing down on the lunar seeming to pulverize Lera in one feel swoop, splattering not blood, but liquid moonlight across the field.

The streams of moonsilver seemed to collect in the air as they flew, attracted to each other by some unseen force as they flew further and further away from the undead beast, shaping itself gradually into a familiar figure of flesh and bone.

Lera the Alabaster Lion, shot out like a cannonball landing fifty feet away from where she had started, at the feet of her mate in a cloud of dust, who was treated to her best puppy eyes, large, bright blue orbs that where so at odds with her monstrous continuance.

"'ow."

She muttered weakly, stumbling to her feet slowly. She was realtively unharmed though, and proved it so by instantly beginning to complain.

"My mouth. Tastes like. Rotting meat. EEwhwhwhwhwh."

Defenses
Dodge DV 7
Parry DV 7

Attacks

Motes: 15/41

Health
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ] [ ]
-4 [ ]
-X [ ]

Lix Lorn
2010-11-19, 10:46 AM
"...are you okay?" asks Emeria, with concern.

Recaiden
2010-11-19, 05:02 PM
Raincoat sighs at the cowardice of the goblins, running away from just a few Exalted and a thing that was certainly no god. There would be time to deal with that later. For now, there was a behemoth remaining to target.
She brings her hands down in a sharp arc, loosing four bolts of the semi-liquid acid at the advancing monstrosity.

Attacks? Damage 8L +
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Active: Void Stares Back
Crypt Bolt Attack
Raiton's Nimble Perch
Ravening Mouth of Thrown

Defenses

Health
-0 [ ][ ][ ][ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
-X [ ]

Mental Defenses
Dodge MDV 7
Parry MDV 3

Willpower: 9 (10 Max)

Essence
Personal: 2/22 (6 Committed)

Britter
2010-11-21, 01:28 PM
Even as his more powerful allies cut into the behemoth, Isoyama knew that something had to be done about the implosion bows. The goblins may be retreating from the Exalted attacking the beast, but that wouldn't stop them from continuing to attack the wall. The city must not fall; it's resources would be useful to him in his ongoing fight against the Lion.

In his mind Isoyama could see the weakest points of the enemy formations, and had already noted the path he planned to cut to the closest I-bow. He could no longer wait to see who followed him. The time to act was now. With decisive swiftness, Isoyama leapt into the midst of the goblin horde. His spear flashed, reflecting the light of Optimizer's defensive fields as it whirled through the air, deflecting attacks aimed at the Water-Aspect with great sweeps that turned into quick slices and jabs that fell among the goblins like icy rain. Isoyama moved forward through the press, striking deliberately, moving precisely, a man dancing amidst a whirlwind of blades and claws hungry for his blood. His anima was building, like the slowly growing roar of a distant waterfall. In mere moments, his spear was slick with blood, as he flowed through the foe, the leading edge of a river of dead and dying Raksha.

Ok, going to fight my way to the first I-bow with the intention of disabling the crew. Using war to engage the minions here. Spending one Willpower to channel Valor, because I suspect I am going to need it. Spending 8 peripheral on second war excellency, for 4 successes. Rolling Dex+War. If this is incorrect or needs to be changed, let me know.

War + Dex+Valor: [rollv]15d10[rollv] + 4 successes
Strategy Specialty if applicable: [roll0]
Stunt dice if needed

[roll1]

Status Tracker

Motes spent: Personal 5, Peripheral 11 (1L every 9 combat ticks)

Scene Long: Five-Dragon Form

Defenses

Attacks

Health
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
-X [ ]

Mental Defenses
Dodge MDV 9
Parry MDV 2

Virtues
Compassion ●●
Conviction ●●
Temperance ●●
Valor ●●●●●

Willpower: ●●●●●●●●●● 9/10

Essence
Peripheral: 14/42 (17 Committed)

aetherialDawn
2010-11-21, 04:13 PM
Optimizer Indivisible first ensures that all the citizens in his care are safe enough, huddled inside of a tower; with the goblins likely to break through even the newly-reinforced wall if something is not done, it is as safe as any other place close enough.

He then advances back to the wall, allowing his shields to fall, fading back away as the generator is again sealed within his body to quietly recharge. He glares at the behemoth as though he wishes that his very gaze were capable of slicing through it, and considers readying his lightning bow, firing off that unstoppable beam of energy which would make this world a little more Right in striking at the clearly void-tainted and maggot-ridden monster.

Nonetheless, the soft murmur of Autochthon's logic in his mind reminds him that it would not be efficient to do so, and he instead unfolds a huge targeting array from his shoulders, projecting bright red beams which paint his target for all to see, splitting into thirteen beams and hovering upon weak points as the colossus shouts "Strike these places when the countdown ends! We will eliminate this transgression against order and virtue!"

The beams begin pulsing a countdown from five minutes; that should be enough time for everyone to get into position. He doesn't yet voice the silent worry that the impressive signs of the Great Maker's judgment against the Void have failed to appear as he desired.

(Anima flare has hit 13 motes. I plan to use that during firing. I promise to update my status tracker *properly* from now on, too...)
Spending 4m to activate Strategic Targeting System and 1wp to activate the Unified Coalition Onslaught submodule to supplement my Coordinate Attack action. And the submodule... Does not work. The result is that I add (Essence) automatic successes, and each person who is still around for the attack imposes a maximum DV reduction of -2 instead of -1, but they don't do aggravated damage, sadly. (My successes) DV penalty to the Behemoth.

Speed 5/DV -0 action. Acting again on tick 12. I am co-ordinating the following groups: All eight of the exalted out here plus any 5 units which might happen to be around for a difficulty of 6... which I automatically make, of course.

[roll0] + 6 auto-successes

Defenses
Parry DV

Armor: Soak +9B/+8L, Hardness 6B/6L, Mobility -1, Fatigue 0, reduces post-soak damage by 1, Attune 3
Soak: 20B/19L
Hardness: 12B/12L

Attacks
Lightning Ballista – Speed 6, Accuracy 15, Damage 25L Piercing, Rate 1, Range 1000

Health
-0 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
-X [ ]

Mental Defenses
Dodge MDV 10
Parry MDV 5

Virtues
Compassion ●●●●
Conviction ●●
Temperance ●
Valor ●●●

Willpower: 7/10

Essence
Personal: 2/28 (16 Committed)
Peripheral: 40/68 (15 Committed)

Myllinnia
2010-11-21, 11:43 PM
Novina moves to the side her weapon poised her eyes narrowed. The Undead thing would be difficult to deal with, considering the viscious strikes it now seems to shrug off.

"Have a taste of this, Creature of filth," she hisses as she jumps back a bit. As she lands she thrusts her hand angrily in the air her eyes flashing for a moment with her infernal power, as she sends a stream of silvery sands at the behemoth. The stream of sands strikes the creature harshly burning as if it were from the Southern sands, hissing with power of Cecelyne.

Using Sandstrike Blast with 3m. It will drain a point of WP from the Behemoth if it hits. (Infernals pg 124)

The attack roll is sad... [roll0]

Rhyvurg
2010-11-22, 09:18 PM
The Infernal princess' strike easily hits the lumbering beast, but it gives no sign of noticeing her. But ghosts begin to drift out of it's flesh. Five, six, eight of them.

Isoyama cuts a path through the goblins, but even though they are craven beasts, when their lives are in danger they will fight back. They close in on all sides, striking at him with claws and swords, but the Exalt is to fast for them. He can see the Implosion Bows just ahead, guarded by towering beastmen.

DrakeRaids
2010-11-24, 12:50 AM
The Lunar pushed herself up and treated Em' with one of her wide, many toothed grins. There was no malevolence behind it though, like it there had been earlier, just simple and undisguised enjoyment. "Oh YeAh. TaKeS mOrE tHeN tHaT tO tAkE mE dOwN." The Dawn was worried about her. How cute.

Rhyvurg
2010-11-25, 10:19 AM
Emeria's attacks easily strike it's hide, but the thing's innate resilience is massive and her lightning has no visible effect on the beast.

Recaiden
2010-11-26, 08:19 PM
Raincoat lets the energy drain from her hands. She could do little better against such powerful defense. The Lunar would be more than capable of combating this ruined titan, would she not?
She sets off at a run, intending to ascend to the construction atop it. Unless it is not visible from her current vantage point. In that case, Raincoat will walk calmly towards the Behemoth and examine it for any weak point she could Aim at.

DrakeRaids
2010-11-27, 09:39 PM
That ebon lightening, that blast of entropy. Lera has seen that before, but never from a solar! Rovell had the power to learn the skills of other creatures, but Em' bore the mark of a Dawn, not an Eclipse! Lera saw it planted firmly on her forehead, plain as day! So what was this? After finding the woman in town during the chaos she had been almost certain that this, this was her solar. She had felt a connection, something inside her that couldn't lie. But how could she reconciled this? By the five phases what in malfeas was going on!

Lera's sudden and utter abject confusion was plain upon her face, as well as a tinge of something else, an emotion that was entirely alien to the Full Moon. Fear.

"WhAt WaS tHat?!" She hissed, her voice suddenly quiet, as if she was afraid of someone else overhearing.

Consider Lera under the guard action for now, she will act in a little while.

Lix Lorn
2010-11-27, 09:47 PM
"What do you mean?" asked Emeria, not understanding why she was so confused. "It's just something I can do."

DrakeRaids
2010-11-28, 01:19 AM
"ThAt WaSn'T, nO...." Lera glanced back at the Behemoth then back at her mate. She had so much to explain, so many questions.... She had slowed the monster with her first assault. That would have to be enough for the moment. Em' came before the city in any case. "YoU hAd To HaVe LeArNeD iT fRoM sOmEwHeRe, CaN't HaVe It On YoUr OwN. PlEaSe Em', TeLl Me."

Lix Lorn
2010-11-28, 02:49 PM
"I just know it." she says in confusion. "The same way I know my other abilities."

DrakeRaids
2010-11-28, 04:16 PM
"Em.... ThAtS nOt HoW tHaT wOrKs. ThAt WaSn'T a SoLaR pOwEr." Lera said looking at the woman curiously, wondering how in the world to phrase what she meant. How had Em learned to use those abilities? It didn't make any sense.

Lix Lorn
2010-11-28, 04:58 PM
"What the hell do you mean?" she asks. "It's just something I learnt."

DrakeRaids
2010-11-28, 11:11 PM
"No! WhAt YoU jUsT dId... It WaS... NoT rIgHt I mEaN... iT wAs LiKe WhAt I'v SeEn DeAtHkNiGhTs Do. YoU aRe A sOlAr Em'?" Lera was frozen in confusion, had she made a mistake? She couldn't have! She was certain!

Lix Lorn
2010-11-29, 03:38 AM
"Deathknight? No!" she ays in shock. "Why would you think that?"

Xaantiaz
2010-12-02, 09:45 AM
From behind the newly reformed wall a bright flash can be seen just before a figure rises above the battlefield, glowing like a miniature sun. "Sorry I'm late. Hope I didn't miss all the fun." Frost momentarily alights on Optimizer's shoulder, surveying the battlefield before him. "Glad your on our side."

Leaping from the Alchemical he gently glides toward the behemoth before him, coming to a rest over the center of the battlefield. His passing is marked by prayer strips of essence rising to the sky, prayers for safety in battle. Spotting the Lunar beneath the being's massive bulk a smile comes over his face. "Ah, Princess, I feared I'd miss seeing you in action. Where's your Lady?"

Refocusing on the matter at hand Frost analyzes the thing. "What makes you tick, hmm?"

Reflexively committing 10 peripheral motes to Wings of the Raptor and taking the Aim (3/0 because of Fivefold Bulwark Stance) action while hovering over the battle field until the coordinated attack goes off.

Peripheral: 19/41
Anima: 21m, Iconic

Powers Active: Wings of the Raptor and Fivefold Bulwark Stance

Spirit Weapons - Knife Speed 5 | A 17 | D +10L | R 3 | Range 25 | Tags -
Spirit Weapons - Javelin Speed 4 | A 17 | D +10L | R 2 | Range 30 | Tags P

Defenses
PDV - 8
DDV - 5
DDV, Flying - 8
PMDV - 5
DMDV - 9

Speed
Move, Ground - 5
Dash, Ground - 11
Move, Flying - 25
Dash, Flying - 55

Soak
Armored - 12B/ 9L/ 7A
Unarmored - 3B/ 2L/ 0A

Health
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
I [ ]
D [ ][ ][ ]

DrakeRaids
2010-12-02, 12:09 PM
"YoU aReN'T Ge-"

Lera turned to the oncoming solar, halfway through her response. At any other time being called 'Princess' would have brought a playful laugh from her, she saw the irony for what it was, for few in there right mind would ever mistake her for royalty. Nevertheless such gestures are not be scorned, for she knew how he intended for it to be given, and it offered the chance of adventure behind his smile.

See, she rarely saw people as people parse, it was more accurate to say she saw them as potential. She saw the things she could do with them, the journeys that they could take and wonders they might see. As such, many people remained beneath her notice, not because she was mean spirited or spiteful, not to say she couldn't be either of those when the mood took her, but because they where boring, and the one thing Lera hated above all else, was boring.

"OhAi." The creature gave Frost a nervous grin as she shifted her bulk ever so slightly to reveal Em' hidden behind her. "We WhErE jUsT tAlKiNg A lItLlE bIt. NoThInG sUsPicIoUs. At AlL. nOpE." How would the other Exalts react to finding out what Em' could do? How would they feel about deathknights? Or whatever it was that Em' was? Lera had to protect her. She was her mate, even if she didn't know it yet.

"ThAt ThInG rUnS oN tHe SaMe StUfF aS gHoSts aNd DeAtHkNiGhTs. I kNoW, i TaStEd It. YELCH."

Lix Lorn
2010-12-02, 12:17 PM
Emiria blinked in confusion. She honestly had no idea why Lera was so confused.

aetherialDawn
2010-12-04, 07:09 PM
As the countdown reaches into the final few seconds, the enormous colossus considers, briefly, what has happened in so short a time... Not only has his cover been broken, but he has been forced to break it even further by revealing his Colossus body years ahead of schedule. All of Autochthonia may have lost the secrecy of its existence, the greatest shield and sword possible, that he was sworn to protect...

...Well, that's fine. He always knew that his vow to serve and protect was to the people, not to their leaders, and here were people who needed protecting. Autochthonia could wait; it turned out that there was a world beyond what he knew, and however little he knew, he could at least be sure: Humanity came before any nation, even his own.

The certainty catalyzes alongside his anima; Five enormous hooded figures appearing behind him and starting their intonations in reverse order - "Invention" - as a rainbow sheen collects around the spires - "Valor" - rings - "Temperance" - and charging-gears of his lightning ballista. Taking aim at this blight upon not just this world, but all worlds - "Conviction" - all worries cease fully, replaced with only the faint background calculations supplied by his charms. This shot ought not to be allowed to fail, after all. A brilliant rainbow beam leaps from him to the massive behemoth, and before anything can be done - "Compassion!" shouts out Optimizer and his anima banner in harmony, the thing he's fighting for, always fighting for - it is followed by the blinding white brilliance of elemental lightning, steam venting in every direction but blown away in the elemental fury of the air itself being torn asunder amidst the mighty CRACK! that follows the blast. Even if the targeting beams had not just finished their pulsing and begun to shine pure white as well, it would be clear that now is the time to strike, for everyone.

Spending 6 motes to buy three extra successes with the Second Dexterity Augmentation. I strongly suspect that it's large enough that I don't take any penalties for my Colossus size, so Aim-Calibrating Sensors would be rather silly. This also means that my anima goes totemic, as my post made rather obvious, and I get my anima effect (I would have before but I wasn't using it then) to get an additional three dice to damage and attack (though I only get one of those due to dice caps for attack.)
Also, the Behemoth gets -18 (but then capped at the number of people who take part) to its DVs against my attack, and that of anyone else who hits it this tick. Total total, the following attack:

Speed 6, Accuracy 16+3 auto-successes, 28+(extra successes)L Piercing, Rate 1, Range 1000

Is going to hit the behemoth's (DV-number of people who attack this tick)

And because I used the Axiomatic effect, the ghosts inside MAY be incapable of using their Arcanoi to stop it, since they're creatures of darkness, or might get hit by backlash, or who-knows-what.

Stunt dice go straight to Accuracy. I don't want to imagine how stupid I'll feel if this misses. I just don't. Rolls will be in OOC so I can add successes to damage appropriately. EDIT: The three die stunt says 'six motes' and I listen gratefully.

Defenses
Parry DV

Armor: Soak +9B/+8L, Hardness 6B/6L, Mobility -1, Fatigue 0, reduces post-soak damage by 1, Attune 3
Soak: 20B/19L
Hardness: 12B/12L

Attacks

Health
-0 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
-X [ ]

Mental Defenses
Dodge MDV 10
Parry MDV 5

Virtues
Compassion ●●●●
Conviction ●●
Temperance ●
Valor ●●●

Willpower: 7/10

Essence
Personal: 8/28 (16 Committed)
Peripheral: 34/68 (15 Committed)

Britter
2010-12-06, 09:31 AM
As Optimizer launches his powerful blast of energy, Isoyama heads across the battlefield, making his way towards the behemoth, so that he can add his spear to the weapons arrayed against the mighty beast.

DrakeRaids
2010-12-07, 05:55 PM
Lera glanced over at the Behemoth and gave a low growl. It was getting closer, they couldn't afford to waste time... She could explain to Em' later. She would have to. Otherwise they might never get the chance, the other Exalts where having as much trouble hurting it as she had, and they all needed her help. Which meant it was time to show them just what the Alabster Lion was capable of.

"ExPlAiN lAtEr." she murmured apologetically, before turning to face the Behemoth head on, and darting toward it like a bullet, silver tattoos shimmering like water as as she charged. The earth frozen in her passage, as the silver storm engulfed, leaving her a mere phantom, a frozen ghost that like lightening.

She only paused once, adjusting her path to led her up a single tall hill, upon which a single, dying tree stood. Lera's essence flared again, and in seconds the tree had been reduced to solid ice. Lera jumped, slamming into the tree with both feet, and neatly front flipping into the air as the shrub exploded into shards of ice around her.

It gave her the distance she needed though, and the lunar flew through the air, her storm following behind her like a comets tail. Lera landed on the side of behemoth, sinking both pairs of claws into its thick hide as she tore its side to ease her own fall. She stayed in motion the entire time, even as she fell, rolling directly under the creature in a single smooth motion. Her blooded claws flashed again as she ran underneath it, holding her claws above her as she began tearing out is stomach with a loud, angry roar.

She didn't stop there though, quickly stepping between its thrashing legs before it could land a solid blow, she jumped up and sank her claws into its OTHER flank, rapidly ascending its side leaving large furrowed gashes wherever the lunar passed, till she had reached the top again.

Dashing down its neck she promptly took advantage of her position, slamming both heels into the thing with every step, before finally reaching the head where she daftly leaped off his forehead, landed on on a smaller boulder, and without missing a beat jumped straight for its throat, tearing and shredding it with her teeth.

Attacking again, because I'm tired of waiting on Xaan, 29 attacks. Activatng my combo again, so 1 point of wp and 4 motes down.

Also, theme music for this post!: Iron Beowulf (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw4AwoDAQ0g&feature=related)
Punch!
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]

Kick!
[rollv]14d10[rollv]
[rollv]13d10[rollv]
[rollv]12d10[rollv]
[rollv]11d10[rollv]
[rollv]10d10[rollv]
[rollv]9d10[rollv]
[rollv]8d10[rollv]
[rollv]7d10[rollv]
[rollv]6d10[rollv]
[rollv]5d10[rollv]

Bite!
[rollv]9d10[rollv]
[rollv]8d10[rollv]
[rollv]7d10[rollv]
[rollv]6d10[rollv]
[rollv]5d10[rollv]

Defenses
Dodge DV 7
Parry DV 7

Attacks

Willpower: 8/10
Motes: 14/41

Health
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ] [ ]
-4 [ ]
-X [ ]

Xaantiaz
2010-12-07, 10:26 PM
"If it is the power of the dead that runs you, this should hurt quite a bit."
Following the Lunar's lead he arcs toward the beast. Taking Light's Last Stand in his right hand Frost holds out his left and a spear of light and shadow manifests itself in his hand. With a quick flick of the wrist the javelin streaks forward toward the glowing runes on the beast's flesh. The point of impact flares to life as it pierces through the behemoth's leg. Its flashing path takes it through the monstrosity another four times before it winks out of existence.

Activating End of the Wicked Strike. Wind Full of Knives (Abyssals 132) for 5 attacks, Spirit Weapons (Core 197) emulating a Exceptional Javelin, and 1st Thrown Excellency for 3 dice on each attack.

Total Cost: 25m, 1wp
Speed 4 and -0 DV (from Fivefold Bulwark Stance)

Personal: 14/22
Peripheral: 0/41
Anima: 40m, Iconic

Powers Active: Wings of the Raptor and Fivefold Bulwark Stance (Core 194)

Spirit Weapons - Knife Speed 5 | A 17 | D +10L | R 3 | Range 25 | Tags -
Spirit Weapons - Javelin Speed 4 | A 17 | D +10L | R 2 | Range 30 | Tags P

Defenses
PDV - 8
DDV - 5
DDV, Flying - 8
PMDV - 5
DMDV - 9

Speed
Move, Ground - 5
Dash, Ground - 11
Move, Flying - 25
Dash, Flying - 55

Soak
Armored - 12B/ 9L/ 7A
Unarmored - 3B/ 2L/ 0A

Health
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
I [ ]
D [ ][ ][ ]

Myllinnia
2010-12-07, 10:28 PM
Novina pouts at the thing. It was ignoring her, treating her as if she were an ant. So what if she was merely that to it on the scale of size, it should know better than to just ignore her. Well if it wanted to ignore her then she would whittle it's pathetic deteriorating will down to allow her stronger will to crush it. At least it was good in theory. She slid her body into a graceful stance then then she leapt forward at it a few times her fingers and hands moving in agressive slashes, the sword in her hand almost whistling. From the damaged ground a spout of sand shot up to strike and scour against the body of the deteriorating behemoth.

Sandstrike Blast [roll0] Speed 4, if it hits it inflicts 1 wp as well as piercing attack.

Rhyvurg
2010-12-09, 08:05 AM
As the exalted tear into the beast, it's disgusting flesh rends still more, disgorging more floods of pus and clotted blood. The fluid is not harmful, for all it's vileness. But the giant mutated maggots that come with it most certainly are. Their...heads, as much as these things have heads, are covered in spike-like teeth, and a film of some dark blue fluid covers them. There must be close to a hundred of them by now, the gush of filth carrying them all over the open ground in front of the behemoth. As one, almost as if possessed of a single mind, they surge forward. Novina, by some bizzare twist of Fate, is spared getting soaked in filth, but not so fortunate to be spared the maggot's attention.

vs Emiria:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

vs Lera:
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]

vs Optimizer:
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20]
[roll21]
[roll22]
[roll23]

vs Frost:
[roll24]
[roll25]
[roll26]
[roll27]
[roll28]
[roll29]
[roll30]
[roll31]

vs Novina:
[roll32]
[roll33]
[roll34]
[roll35]
[roll36]
[roll37]
[roll38]
[roll39]

Rhyvurg
2010-12-09, 08:13 AM
Despite the masses attacking, only Lera is struck, and then only twice.

Lix Lorn
2010-12-16, 04:33 PM
Emiria shudders with disgust, but merely begins to gather motes, holding her hand high as a short handle appears in it, flickering with essence.
"Lera!" she calls. "I think I might have something that can hurt it... can you watch my flank?"

End the Summoning the Loyal Steel that I had my Essence Whip in. Aim at the behemoth.

Rhyvurg
2010-12-22, 09:26 AM
The behemoth seems to sag under it's own incalculable weight as the beings helping give it life and strength leave it's flesh. A legion of ghosts join the giant maggots, holding spectral weapons and wearing finely made armor. Malicious laughter can be heard echoing down from the castle on the behemoth's back.

Recaiden
2010-12-22, 01:43 PM
[Tick 12]

Seeing the ghosts emerge from the behemoth, Raincoat pauses, perched on the tip of a canoe-sized hair. She ceases her run towards the castle and turns, raising her hands just beside her head. Her empty eyes catch on a nearby spectral soldier and her hands flash towards it, hurling jagged shards of ice with acid trailing behind.

Speed five, so I will next act again on tick 17, no?
Make an attack action at the nearest ghost using Crypt Bolt Attack.
roll 11 dice (Thrown 5+Dexterity 5+Crypt Bolt Specialty 1)
[roll0]
[roll1]
Damage dice should they be necessary:
[roll2]
[roll3]

Rhyvurg
2010-12-24, 09:22 PM
A group of ghosts virtually explode as the necrotic attack strikes, and the rest pull back. The small group of exalts is surrounded by monsters and undead, but they don't seem eager to attack for some reason. But it's only a mystery for a few moments as the Fair Folk forces break and run, fleeing the wave of zombies and corpsecrafted horrors that have finally circumvented the city walls. Nexus is now surrounded by the dead.

Recaiden
2011-01-13, 10:11 AM
Disappointing, that the Fair Folk have not chosen to play a more valiant part. But it will all be the same in the end. Nexus's defenses will have to hold a little longer, until the leader and champion of the dead armies are destroyed.
Coat darts between canoe-hairs, the smile on her broken face daring more ghosts to stand in between her and the citadel.

DrakeRaids
2011-01-13, 11:02 AM
Lera growled, the mass over her huge bulk moving in-between her mate and the onrushing armies. Her eyes flickering against the mass of the dead, daring them to attack her, daring them to even think upon moving against her, the Alabaster Lion.

Lix Lorn
2011-01-13, 12:17 PM
Emiria blinks in shock at the behemoth's collapse, suddenly faced with countless minor enemies rather than one major one. She takes a moment to plan a new course of action.

aetherialDawn
2011-01-18, 03:39 PM
Optimizer Indivisible surveys the battlefield from above, no expression appearing upon his massive face. Plates on his arm slide back to reveal new parts for his Essence Twister, however, a dull mechanical hum building as they snap into place.

Rhyvurg
2011-01-19, 09:18 PM
The ghosts circle the exalted slowly, compelled to fight but afraid to obey. The Fair Folk around them creep closer, unsure what to make of this. The giant maggots slither around between the two groups, eager to feast. The lull in the battle won't last long, a decision needs to be made.

Recaiden
2011-02-01, 08:15 PM
In Coat's mind, there is no decision to be made. She is going to keep trying to reach the citadel atop Juggernaut, and destroy any there. And if there is no one, well, that's a bridge to be crossed later, if at all. One thing at a time.
The ascent.