PDA

View Full Version : 3,000,000 Gp?!

NineThePuma
2010-11-10, 12:12 AM
I'm a Sublime Urban Ranger/Scout//Rogue with a heavy focus in Sneak Attack, Skirmish, and shadow hand. I need a way to reliably precision damage my foes into submission and have a ridiculous amount of gold.

Suggestions?

Tael
2010-11-10, 12:24 AM
With that kind of money you can buy a permanent non-slotted item of Supreme Invisibility, and enough Belt of Battles to use every round in every fight and still have some left over. Seriously, 3 million GP is ridiculous. I hope you already bought +5 tomes for all stats and a Belt of Magnificence.

NineThePuma
2010-11-10, 12:27 AM
Not yet. Gonna tho

BobVosh
2010-11-10, 12:34 AM
Mantle of Epic spell resistance is great until level 23 or so. 1.2 million, 32 SR I think.

Beyond that if you have UMD get a good epic staff. If you don't have UMD, put one rank in (or 1/2 if you don't have it as a class skill) and then get a +20 UMD item.

jguy
2010-11-10, 12:35 AM
There is a high level spell, level 7 I think, call greater dimensional hop that allows the caster to teleport at least 20 feet as a swift action for so many rounds. With that much gold you could get a slotless, or a foot, item that would basically be skirmish forever

Coidzor
2010-11-10, 12:38 AM
Um. I think you can easily replicate some spellcasting with that much gold.

Hawk7915
2010-11-10, 12:45 AM
IT'S A TRAP!

If I had that much gold, I'd save up a decent chunk of it. There's just no way you get that much wealth and don't have a DM that nails you with Disjunction on the first outing.

That being said, you need to make sure to nab wands/crystals/somethings of Gravestrike, Golemstrike, and Vinestrike, so you can sneak attack things normally immune to such things. A lone rank in UMD plus a device of +20 UMD makes it so.

Alleine
2010-11-10, 12:49 AM
Greater Demolition and Truedeath weapon crystals from the MIC will allow you to sneak attack constructs and Undead, respectively.

There's also a weapon enchantment in Races of the Wild called blurstrike, which for 10 rounds per day allows you to count your foe as flat-footed for the first attack you make each round, but that isn't all that impressive.

NineThePuma
2010-11-10, 02:07 AM
Just a clarifier: I'm at level 27. I want to spend ALL OF THIS

With that kind of money you can buy a permanent non-slotted item of Supreme Invisibility, and enough Belt of Battles to use every round in every fight and still have some left over. Seriously, 3 million GP is ridiculous. I hope you already bought +5 tomes for all stats and a Belt of Magnificence.

137,500*5=687,500 (I dumped Str)

Mantle of Epic spell resistance is great until level 23 or so. 1.2 million, 32 SR I think.

Beyond that if you have UMD get a good epic staff. If you don't have UMD, put one rank in (or 1/2 if you don't have it as a class skill) and then get a +20 UMD item.

UMD maxed out! Got it! Everything else! Ignore!

There is a high level spell, level 7 I think, call greater dimensional hop that allows the caster to teleport at least 20 feet as a swift action for so many rounds. With that much gold you could get a slotless, or a foot, item that would basically be skirmish forever

I believe there is a psionic item that does much the same.. I'll look into that.

Um. I think you can easily replicate some spellcasting with that much gold.

I totally can. That's half the plan. ^^

IT'S A TRAP!

If I had that much gold, I'd save up a decent chunk of it. There's just no way you get that much wealth and don't have a DM that nails you with Disjunction on the first outing.

That being said, you need to make sure to nab wands/crystals/somethings of Gravestrike, Golemstrike, and Vinestrike, so you can sneak attack things normally immune to such things. A lone rank in UMD plus a device of +20 UMD makes it so.

Right! On the to do list. Maybe make them Eternal?

Greater Demolition and Truedeath weapon crystals from the MIC will allow you to sneak attack constructs and Undead, respectively.

There's also a weapon enchantment in Races of the Wild called blurstrike, which for 10 rounds per day allows you to count your foe as flat-footed for the first attack you make each round, but that isn't all that impressive.

MIC crystals. Look into. Everything else... Discard..

Tvtyrant
2010-11-10, 02:15 AM
How on earth did you get that much money?

Marnath
2010-11-10, 02:19 AM

I think that might actually be WBL for a level 27.

Raendyn
2010-11-10, 02:19 AM
ring of blinking + ranged attacks ?? profit ?

or ring of blink + tons of flasks, since ranged touch attacks are better than ranged attacks, you also don't care about DR only for resistances.

Note: with quick draw you could possibly check out the visual effects of your flasks & if you notice the creature has some kind of resistance then change flasks, also in this scenario, being a strongheart halfling is a good idea..

a lvl of wizard ( conjuror ), will give you nerveskitter ,& golemstrike as a swift action, a fighter feat in place of scribe scroll, & a abrupt jaunt instead of familiar

a lvl of cleric willl give you grave strike & 2 domain powers!!! or trade them for devotions.

Alleine
2010-11-10, 02:23 AM
Keep in mind that there's a limit of one weapon crystal per weapon, so you can't have both on one weapon.

Collar of Umbral Metamophosis(Greater) from Tome of Magic grants you the the dark template from the same book. Bonuses to hide, move silently, and grants the ability Hide in Plain Sight except when in well lit areas. The hide skill helps you sneak attack people, right?

Pumping bluff through magic items might also be a good idea for feinting, but that is less than optimal unless you have a way to reduce the action from a standard.

DaedalusMkV
2010-11-10, 02:30 AM
Just a clarifier: I'm at level 27. I want to spend ALL OF THIS

WBL, frighteningly enough...

Continuous Superior Invisibility and +6 item and +5 tome to all stats are the obvious choice to start with, and take up a decent chunk. At lvl 27, as a rogue-type, you should have a dex of ~28, for a +9 bonus. Add 31 ranks of Tumble and you have a +40 bonus, enough to auto-pass the Tumble check for a 10-foot step. Combined with Superior Invisibility. Boom, your attacks should always, always have both Skirmish and Sneak Attack on every attack. For extra redundancy, grab Pierce Magical Concealment and its prereq, then make sure you have a Ring of Blink and a Ring of Freedom of Movement. We've spent a decent portion of your WBL now and it's basically impossible to deny you any of your Class Features at this point. So, the rest is just gravy; grab some good defensive spells in Wand or Scroll (or, if good enough, At-will item) form and some way to have continuous Nondetection, Mind Blank and True Seeing and you should have every major base covered. Spend the other ~1.2 million on weapons, armour, etc. Then pray that having a character with all the best pre-Epic defenses money can buy and peerless ranged damage potential won't be made irrelevent by Epic Spellcasting cheese.

CockroachTeaParty
2010-11-10, 02:35 AM
Where... where are you going to purchase these things? Is there a convenient Super Epic Mega Items stand outside of Sigil or something? I'm more interested in the vendor than what you plan on buying at this point...

drakir_nosslin
2010-11-10, 02:41 AM
Where... where are you going to purchase these things? Is there a convenient Super Epic Mega Items stand outside of Sigil or something? I'm more interested in the vendor than what you plan on buying at this point...

Presumably he's gathered it through his career as an adventurer up until now. But I agree, it does look a bit silly, especially since it's (probably) an entire party with the same power level. That's almost an entire continent's worth of money on each character, depending on the setting of course.

AdInfinitum
2010-11-10, 02:47 AM
Unrelated, but if you're 27th level, you absolutely have to look at the Battledance feat (Cha mod to attack, reflex saves, and AC). That will help those sneak attacks hit, even if you started with a 10 charisma.

Escheton
2010-11-10, 05:15 AM
Wand of wish? Scrolls of wail of the banshee?
A belt of timestop?
Just check out the spell compendium and the MiC (for pricing guides)and start brewing.

Just think yourself as Batman, the hero, not the wizard.
Get a lair, get a butler, get a utilitybelt of DOOM!

ffone
2010-11-10, 05:36 AM
If not using Pierce Magical Concealment, there's a 'Force' ranged weapon enhancement (+2 BPB, ignore ethereal-vs-material miss b/c it's a force effect, with other nice properties like ignoring all DR!). It works well with a Ring of Blinking both to ignore the miss chance, and because blink lets you ranged sneak attack most foes. 'Force' is also a nice way to bypass DR /epic without the ridiculous 10x cost increase of epic weapons.

Once you have that (and-or the aforementioned Superior Invisibility approach), and a Use Magic Device mod of 19 or better, pick up many wands of Sniper's Shot (L1 swift spell, no range limits on sneak attack for that round.) Now you can sneak attack at more than 30'. Aside from the obvious benefits of more range, many anti-invisibility abilities have range limits, including True Seeing, most Blindsight, and the ability of ethereal creatures to see into the material plane. The See Invis spell has no range limit.

Pick up several copies of the boots of speed (10 rounds of haste for 12K, free action to active one-round increments) to be hasted all the time. Also use a new belt of battle for each fight, with the caveat that sniper's shot competes with it for your swift actions.

Eldan
2010-11-10, 05:53 AM
I'm in the same campaign, it seems. And it' really a lot of work, mostly because about 90% of epic items just don't seem worth it. I don't want to pay 640000 gold for a +8 item of strength... +6 just won't make much of a difference.

Anyway, I just went through MICs list of armour enhancement that cost a fixed money price and bougth them all. That helps a little.

Kaww
2010-11-10, 05:57 AM
Anyway, I just went through MICs list of armour enhancement that cost a fixed money price and bougth them all. That helps a little.

How much money did it cost?
More than 2M?

Eldan
2010-11-10, 06:04 AM
Not really. I'll tell you when I get back home. Greater Energy Resistance to all types is pretty nice, comes to 330000.

Escheton
2010-11-10, 08:19 AM
Please list the total stat of that armor. You would not want miss something, also I just gotta see that.

On the whole "ways to get sneak attack thing":

1 Make an item that allows you to cast snipers shot every turn as a swift action.
2 Make a higher level version of "gloves of the uldra savant"( the one that casts the ranged touch attack cantrip at will" and sneak attack with prismatic rays or something.

hewhosaysfish
2010-11-10, 08:34 AM
But I agree, it does look a bit silly, especially since it's (probably) an entire party with the same power level. That's almost an entire continent's worth of money on each character, depending on the setting of course.

Epic-level DnD silly? How unexpected!

:smallamused:

Cyclocone
2010-11-10, 08:38 AM
An at-will item of Limited Wish would be cheap at this point and provide a fair amount of versatility.

Telonius
2010-11-10, 09:24 AM
3 million gold, huh? Fund a Wizard's Academy, recruit several high-level mages. Maybe offer some perks; automatic tenure, access to funding and research, lifetime front-row seats to the Bardic Orchestra. Let them figure out the answer to all your problems.

SamsDisciple
2010-11-10, 10:27 AM
After you buy all of that start your own tavern and hire your own party of adventurers to do your dirty work for you. In a much lower level campaign we did something similar except it was dwarven lemonade that we sold and all that money was a major illusion and we didn't realize it until the entire city except for the dwarves wanted to kill us (the dwarven loyalty was bought with xxxxx proof lemonade)

Tael
2010-11-10, 10:50 AM
I revise my previous suggestions. Screw everything else, with that much money, you could buy 166 Slot-less Belts of Battle. :smalltongue:
Alternatively, become a caster and buy yourself 100 Orange Prism Ioun Stones, for a straight up +100 to caster level.

But seriously, get a bunch of slotless Amulets of Second Chances, 10 or so, for a great panic button. Investing in Lavender Ellipsoid Ioun Stones might also be a good idea. Freedom of Movement and True Seeing are also obvious givens, as is Mind Blank. A few slotless Boots of Temporal Acceleration are also good for pretty much everything.

Eldan
2010-11-10, 11:24 AM
I ran the numbers on my armour:

579'700 GP for:

Greater Acid Resistance (66000)
Greater Cold Resistance (66000)
Greater electricity Resistance (66000)
Etherealness 49000
Glamered 2700
Shadow, Greater 33750
Silent Moves, Greater 33750
Slick, Greater 33750
Sonic Resistance, Greater 66000
Agility, Greater 12500
Balance, greater 33750
Bane blind: Humanoid (Human) 15000
Bane blind: Fey 15000
Bane blind: Outsiders (lawful) 15000
called 2000
Daylight 3000
Deepdweller 12000
Healing, Greater 24000
Landing 4000
Quickness 5000
Stamina, Greater 12500
woodwalk 9000

That's not quite every enhancement, as I didn't need some due to other abilities replicating them.

Escheton
2010-11-10, 11:42 AM
And which of those prevend an epic rust monster or ooze from destroying it?
On that note: what material?

Eldan
2010-11-10, 11:43 AM
That's only the enhancements. On top of that, you still need the +X enchantments and the actual armour.

Psyren
2010-11-10, 11:44 AM
Presumably he's gathered it through his career as an adventurer up until now. But I agree, it does look a bit silly, especially since it's (probably) an entire party with the same power level. That's almost an entire continent's worth of money on each character, depending on the setting of course.

What do you expect? It's epic, silliness is par for the course :smalltongue:

blackjack217
2010-11-10, 11:50 AM
I revise my previous suggestions. Screw everything else, with that much money, you could buy 166 Slot-less Belts of Battle. :smalltongue:

two words: nuke tag

faceroll
2010-11-10, 12:11 PM
You may want to get a +6 on your weapon, due to epic damage reduction.

thompur
2010-11-10, 12:53 PM
oooo. Ooooo...and a wand of fireball!(cuz Fireball is forshizz Awesome ftw;-)

Psyren
2010-11-10, 01:03 PM
oooo. Ooooo...and a wand of fireball!(cuz Fireball is forshizz Awesome ftw;-)

At level 27, not so much :smalltongue:

Fearan
2010-11-10, 01:04 PM
And which of those prevend an epic rust monster or ooze from destroying it?
On that note: what material?
Dungeonscape. Enchantment for only 500 gp

jebob
2010-11-10, 03:57 PM
I once came up with an 80-man flying battleship costing 1.5 million as an exercise using the stronghold builder's handbook. Not having played D&D, I'm sure you folks can come up with something better using magical stuffs. It doesn't answer the OP's question, but its something to put the change into!

tcrudisi
2010-11-10, 04:06 PM
137,500*5=687,500 (I dumped Str)

Just a quick tip: if your stat isn't odd, why get the +5 over the +4? Then you are just throwing money away. There are exceptions, of course: your primary stat being the main one (after all, as soon as you hit 28 you'll put the +1 into your primary and make it even again).

Kallisti
2010-11-10, 04:12 PM
I don't want to pay 640000 gold for a +8 item of strength...

And well you shouldn't, when an item of continuous Bite of the Werebear is ~120,000 IIRC, and provides +16 Str, +8 Con, +4? Dex, Claws, Bite, and Power Attack and Blind-fight as bonus feats.

onthetown
2010-11-10, 05:04 PM
Get a copy of the Magic Item Compendium. Buy everything you can, in order from the front of the book to the back. If you run out of gold, go kill an ancient wyrm and take its hoarde, then resume wiping the pages clean.

herrhauptmann
2010-11-10, 05:11 PM
Blueshine or durable will save your armor.
Everbright will save your weapons.
Everything else, no idea.

nedz
2010-11-10, 05:24 PM
Just buy a wizard.:smallcool:

ffone
2010-11-10, 07:04 PM
On a site note: liberal item purchasing (i.e. MagicMart) campaign situations can help with the near universal 'casters hose noncasters at high levels' sentiment.

If you're in a high magic high wealth urban area where you can buy scrolls and wands after each day's encounters, you can buy your way into most of the same flexibility and options as a wizard or cleric. The cost of more or less 'replicating' the total cost of a spellcasting progression is roughly cubic in level (number of slots is linear, average slot level is linear, caster level is linear, total cost is the sum over the first dimension of the product of the other two), but wealth is exponential.

This is of course highly situational, and dependent on a DM giving you these purchasing options (or figuring out the right spells up front with your starting wealth). OTOH, wizards have to find or purchase new spells for their spellbook (except for the free 2/level) and doing the same for scrolls and wands may not be harder (often the former is done by scrolls. although then the wizard has it 'forever').

But the principle is worth thinking about (especially for people who want to design a campaign to help deal with the supposed supremacy of casters without extensive houseruling).

Elfstone
2010-11-10, 07:05 PM
Even better, buy an EPIC wizard (lv 20).

Marnath
2010-11-10, 07:15 PM
Even better, buy an EPIC wizard (lv 20).

epic starts at 21. :smalltongue:

Glimbur
2010-11-10, 07:27 PM
You may want to get a +6 on your weapon, due to epic damage reduction.

It's riskier but significantly cheaper to get a +5 weapon with several kinds of bane on it. Go Evil Outsider, Dragon, and Arcanists (via Magebane from MiC, or C Arc) and you should be pretty well set.

Marnath
2010-11-10, 07:35 PM
It's riskier but significantly cheaper to get a +5 weapon with several kinds of bane on it. Go Evil Outsider, Dragon, and Arcanists (via Magebane from MiC, or C Arc) and you should be pretty well set.

Explain to me why he can't do that and have it be +6?:smallconfused:

tyckspoon
2010-11-10, 08:01 PM
Explain to me why he can't do that and have it be +6?:smallconfused:

It lets the weapon act as if Epic (definitionally, having a base enhancement value of +6 or better, which is satisfied by +4/+5 base and the +2 for an appropriate Bane) against those particular enemies while avoiding triggering the massive price increase for having an actual Epic item. A +10-equivalent non-Epic weapon costs less than 1/3 of a simple +6 Epic weapon with no special abilities.

Marnath
2010-11-10, 08:04 PM
It lets the weapon act as if Epic (definitionally, having a base enhancement value of +6 or better, which is satisfied by +4/+5 base and the +2 for an appropriate Bane) against those particular enemies while avoiding triggering the massive price increase for having an actual Epic item. A +10-equivalent non-Epic weapon costs less than 1/3 of a simple +6 Epic weapon with no special abilities.

Pretty sure that's not how it works. It has to be an actual +6 bonus, not an effective +6.

*edit: Epic magic items (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/magicItems/basics.htm). It has to be an actual +6 bonus, or an effect with an effective +6. Adding +2's to the +5 only makes it epic once you pass 200,000 gold, which defeats the purpose of making it cheaper.

tyckspoon
2010-11-10, 08:14 PM
You are free to rule as such if the issue should come up in a game you run, of course, but D&D RAW generally makes no such distinction between temporary and permanent bonuses, to the point where when the distinction does matter it is called out directly in the relevant thing (such as the Animal's Buff line of spells not granting bonus spells, even if you manage to make one last long enough to extend through your spell-prep period.)

Marnath
2010-11-10, 08:15 PM
You are free to rule as such if the issue should come up in a game you run, of course, but D&D RAW generally makes no such distinction between temporary and permanent bonuses, to the point where when the distinction does matter it is called out directly in the relevant thing (such as the Animal's Buff line of spells not granting bonus spells, even if you manage to make one last long enough to extend through your spell-prep period.)

I edited in a link to the srd. It seems pretty clearly stated to me.

tyckspoon
2010-11-10, 08:23 PM
I edited in a link to the srd. It seems pretty clearly stated to me.

More directly relevant, the rules on Damage Reduction:

A few very powerful monsters are vulnerable only to epic weapons; that is, magic weapons with at least a +6 enhancement bonus. Such creatures’ natural weapons are also treated as epic weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction. (significant qualifier underlined)

This defines what an epic weapon is for purposes of Damage Reduction, regardless of what the Epic Handbook feels about it (and I would argue it satisfies the Epic Handbook as well: to wit, when you hit a creature with a +4 Bane weapon, that weapon is providing you +6 to hit and damage. That is greater than 5, which means that when you are attacking that creature, your weapon is epic.) You smack a Bane creature, the weapon's enhancement bonus against that creature is +6 or higher as a result, your attack beats /Epic. It doesn't require actually costing Epic amounts of money.

Tael
2010-11-10, 08:23 PM
People actually have the right idea about buying a wizard. Lords of Madness has Neogi selling Slaves for (CR squared) x 1000. So you could buy a level 27 wizard for 729000gp. If you really want to slaughter everything, you could use all of your money to buy a level 54 wizard for 2916000gp. And you could still give it a headband of int +6 and some cheap defensive items with your left over money.

randomhero00
2010-11-10, 08:26 PM
What do you guys mean by slotless? I'm not familiar. Unless you mean permancied spell. But that can be dispelled.

Marnath
2010-11-10, 08:28 PM
More directly relevant, the rules on Damage Reduction:

This defines what an epic weapon is for purposes of Damage Reduction, regardless of what the Epic Handbook feels about it (and I would argue it satisfies the Epic Handbook as well: to wit, when you hit a creature with a +4 Bane weapon, that weapon is providing you +6 to hit and damage. That is greater than 5, which means that when you are attacking that creature, your weapon is epic.) You smack a Bane creature, the weapon's enhancement bonus against that creature is +6 or higher as a result, your attack beats /Epic. It doesn't require actually costing Epic amounts of money.

That arguement seems pretty weak to me. The bonus may go up to +6 for the bane creature, but that doesn't make it an epic weapon. But I'm not your DM, so whatever.
*edit: also, the passage you quoted does not state either way whether the +6 has to all be real bonus. That falls to the part I quoted which defines what an epic item is.

Ilmryn
2010-11-10, 08:30 PM
3 million gp will buy you a ring of infinite wishes. :smallamused:
The custom magic item tables are just so unbalanced when it comes to continuous/unlimited use spells...

EDIT-Or better yet, buy a level 54 cleric slave, have him worship the ideal of your power, and then have him craf a ring of infinite miracles.

senrath
2010-11-10, 08:30 PM
What do you guys mean by slotless? I'm not familiar. Unless you mean permancied spell. But that can be dispelled.

You can make a magic item not take up a slot on your body for an additional cost.

Urpriest
2010-11-10, 08:38 PM
If this is the campaign I think it is...

1. I am depressed about being unable to enter it because I didn't notice it in time. Sounds awesome.

2. The game, IIRC, is an epic game that's supposed to be played around Tier 3. Yeah. So extreme WBL-mancy (buying level 54 slaves...and by the way, seriously...) is likely frowned upon.

randomhero00
2010-11-10, 08:50 PM
You can make a magic item not take up a slot on your body for an additional cost.

Really...that'd be really useful. How much more? Is there a limit? Why don't gods have like 5 thousands items on them>?

edit and what book is it from that says you can do that?

Urpriest
2010-11-10, 08:52 PM
Really...that'd be really useful. How much more? Is there a limit? Why don't gods have like 5 thousands items on them>?

Gods have Salient Divine abilities. More to the point, gods are horrendously unoptimized, not even using Epic Feats, let alone Epic Spellcasting...

herrhauptmann
2010-11-10, 08:57 PM
I think it's double cost, and the item crafting table in the DMG.
Gods don't do it for a lot of reasons. Mainly, they don't need to. With SLA's, they can do a Deus ex Machina in pretty much any situation, WITHOUT the DM having to record a million different things.

Plus, when it's finally time to kill a god, do you want it to have that many more levels of protection, beyond the Salients?

randomhero00
2010-11-10, 09:04 PM
I don't know, I'm personally of the opinion that gods shouldn't be killable. Now becoming a god and taking their territory...that's another matter.

Kallisti
2010-11-10, 09:06 PM
Why don't gods have like 5 thousands items on them?

Because by the time the stats of deities matter, your PCs will likely be able to kill them anyway, and do you really want to give them that kind of treasure?

Slipperychicken
2010-11-10, 10:43 PM
you could use all of your money to buy a level 54 wizard for 2916000gp.

Any entity powerful enough to enslave a level 54 wizard...

1.) Does not need the money.
2.) Could find better uses for a slave with the power to crack the universe like an egg.
3.) Even if it did need the money, it would crush the OP like a bug and take it, possibly using his level 57 wizard. To measure how easily this would happen, imagine a small turtle crawling up to you with 20k on its back.

@OP: 3 million gp is all well and good, but how exactly are you going to transport all this to MagicMart before someone powerful tries to rob/kill/swindle you?
Unless it's 3million gp in some absurdly valuable substance, but then you have to battle boredom and old age while some poor clerk has to spend the rest of his miserable life counting your change.

EDIT: sorry, missed the part that said it's WBL. An insane amount of wealth regardless.

Coidzor
2010-11-10, 10:49 PM
@OP: 3 million gp is all well and good, but how exactly are you going to transport all this to MagicMart before someone powerful tries to rob/kill/swindle you?
Unless it's 3million gp in some absurdly valuable substance, but then you have to battle boredom and old age while some poor clerk has to spend the rest of his miserable life counting your change.

It's 3 million gp worth of character creation, was my impression.

Marnath
2010-11-10, 10:50 PM

That's not how WBL works. It represents what you've accumulated over a lifetime. All that awesome epic gear started out as masterwork stuff and got upgraded over time.

Tael
2010-11-10, 11:25 PM
Any entity powerful enough to enslave a level 54 wizard...

1.) Does not need the money.
2.) Could find better uses for a slave with the power to crack the universe like an egg.
3.) Even if it did need the money, it would crush the OP like a bug and take it, possibly using his level 57 wizard. To measure how easily this would happen, imagine a small turtle crawling up to you with 20k on its back.

Have you read my other suggestions? I was hardly serious. Just pointing out what ridiculousness you could get with 3 million gold. And besides, WBL is not just stuff you buy. Who is to say you didn't just find the wizard lying on the side of the road? :smalltongue:

Also, I checked Lords of Madness, it turns out I was wrong about the cost. It's only (CR squared) x 100, not 1000, so you could actually have a level 173 wizard. WTF were the authors thinking?

EDIT: I really need to read more thoroughly. An exceptionally rare or skilled slave costs 4x normal amount. So you could only have an 86th level wizard.

Coidzor
2010-11-10, 11:50 PM
Have you read my other suggestions? I was hardly serious. Just pointing out what ridiculousness you could get with 3 million gold. And besides, WBL is not just stuff you buy. Who is to say you didn't just find the wizard lying on the side of the road? :smalltongue:

Also, I checked Lords of Madness, it turns out I was wrong about the cost. It's only (CR squared) x 100, not 1000, so you could actually have a level 173 wizard. WTF were the authors thinking?

EDIT: I really need to read more thoroughly. An exceptionally rare or skilled slave costs 4x normal amount. So you could only have an 86th level wizard.

Wait, what pages are all of this on? :smallconfused:

Lev
2010-11-11, 12:06 AM
Buy the world.

3mil is enough to easily jumpstart an evil empire, hell laborers will work for 3cp a day, and undead and constructs will work for free.

After they work, kill em and raise undead-- now THAT's profit.

Only respect useful people, and buy scrolls that change their alignment.

Eldan
2010-11-11, 03:38 AM
Right. A laborer for 3cp a day. 10,95 gold per year. For 3 million gold pieces...

You can hire 27397 workers for ten years each. Have them build a monument to you.

DragonOfUndeath
2010-11-11, 05:49 AM
Right. A laborer for 3cp a day. 10,95 gold per year. For 3 million gold pieces...

You can hire 27397 workers for ten years each. Have them build a monument to you.

or colonize a continent without anyone on it. then conquer all the other ones. you can rule a couple of planes in character creation

Eldan
2010-11-11, 06:02 AM
Well, yeah. At level 27, at least a layer of the Abyss or a few demiplanes are totally within reach.

Tael
2010-11-11, 08:09 AM
Wait, what pages are all of this on? :smallconfused:

pg 101, under Trade with the Neogi.

ffone
2010-11-11, 09:18 PM

...wow. WBL is exponential, what were they thinking by making it quadratic...