PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Harmless Cleric offensive spells

Ernir
2010-11-10, 11:16 AM
I am playing a Favored Soul (just levelled up to 11), which has so far been almost entirely buff-focused.
Which is starting to turn out... a bit boring. She'll get a host of new spells when she gets to 12, and I'd like one of them to have the following characteristics:

Not deal HP damage, have the [Evil] descriptor, or function by inflicting pain
Inflict a bad status condition (like Stun, Daze, Nausea, Paralysis, Unconsciousness) Affect multiple enemies Be on the Cleric spell list, of levels 3 to 6

Notably, the save DCs for FS spells have been houseruled to be Charisma-dependent, so there is no MAD to worry about.

The best I have come up with so far is Trumpet of the Archons (BoED), but that one is a level higher than I'd like it to be. =/
Holy Word is also one level too high, and risks blasting the friendly evil-aligned party Rogue to pieces.

The only helpful feat I have/will have is Heighten Spell, and it has to be blast-ish. Bashing things with a stick is not an option.

My current spell list is the following: Cure Light Wounds, Conviction (SpC), Protection from Evil, Command, Shield of Faith, Sanctuary
Silence, Hold Person, Close Wounds (SpC), Divine Insight, Manifestation of the Deity (CScoundrel), Healing Lorecall (SpC)
Dispel Magic, Battlemagic Perception (HoB), Protection from Energy, Vigor (SpC), Magic Vestment
Restoration, Dimensional Anchor, Recitation (SpC), Greater Magic Weapon
Righteous Wrath of the Faithful (SpC), Swift Etherealness (PHB2), Life's Grace (SpC)
Anyone know of the perfect spell? :smallsmile:

Sillycomic
2010-11-10, 11:55 AM
3rd level spells:
Nauseating Breath -nauseates creatures around you
Tremor -spell casters must make concentration check to cast spells, all creatures need to make reflex saves or be knocked prone
Wall of Light -dazzles anyone who passes through the wall

5th level spells:
Mass Curse of Ill Fortune- curse all enemies with a -3 to their attacks (a necromancy spell, but not evil)
Doomtide -dazes creatures in area you get to select (yeah, no dazing your allies!)
Zone of Revelation- makes invisible creatures visible, makes ethereal creatures thereal... is that a word? well whatever they aren't ethereal anymore

6th level spells
Ghost Trap- incorporeal creatures are now corpeal. Non-incorporeal. They are easier to hit!
Rejection - Cone that pushes creatures away. I would take note of this one though, if you push a creature into a wall it will take damage. So be careful.

None of these have an evil descriptor. None of these deal damage. All of these do some sort of debuffing, battlefield control stuff.

Unsure if any of them inflict pain. I imagine someone casting spells designed to incapacitate you in some way would be painful. Purposely dazzling, dazing or giving creatures a curse of some sort seems like it would be at least a little painful, but I suppose that's your fluff to worry about with the spells.

dsmiles
2010-11-10, 02:18 PM
Do FS get the Hold x series and the Dominate x series of spells?

Sillycomic
2010-11-10, 02:33 PM
FS can get any cleric spell.

Looks like he would be most of the hold spells. Hold monster is iffy though, clerics can only get it through a domain.

Dominate spells look like they are wizard/bard only.

Ernir
2010-11-10, 02:51 PM
Nauseating Breath and Doomtide look pretty good. Would need some refluffing before they'd work, but yeah. :smalltongue:

She already has Hold Person. Hold Monster, Mass Hold Monster, and Mass Hold Person aren't on the Cleric list, unfortunately. :smallfrown:

Thanks, keep'em coming!

Morbis Meh
2010-11-10, 06:43 PM
Try shivering touch (frostburn or cold domain)- 3d6 dex dmg no save, it's not evil but chill touch is from necromancy

Ernir
2010-11-10, 06:52 PM
Try shivering touch (frostburn or cold domain)- 3d6 dex dmg no save, it's not evil but chill touch is from necromancy
Huh, that's a Cleric spell? Never noticed.

I don't hate my DM enough to pull that one, though.

Ormur
2010-11-11, 12:16 PM
Huh, that's a Cleric spell? Never noticed.

I don't hate my DM enough to pull that one, though.

Enough? :smallamused:

There might also be a certain dragon that would like to have a word with anyone taking that spell.

Nohwl
2010-11-11, 12:29 PM
moon bolt from the spell compendium might work.