PDA

View Full Version : Incarnum and Magic Jar

BenTheJester
2010-11-10, 08:15 PM
Let's say you have a character bind a soulmeld on one of its chakra.

That character is then possessed by somebody casting Magic Jar.

Does the chakra remain bound to the original body?

If you kill the incarnate's new body, does it still remain bound?

It seems like a bound chakra has to be voluntarily released, so I guess it would remain in place

Psyren
2010-11-10, 08:28 PM
Soulmelds behave like magic items, and those stay on the destination body. And if you are mind-controlled your melds do not unshape either.. do they?

Synapse
2010-11-10, 08:32 PM
Let's say you have a character bind a soulmeld on one of its chakra.

That character is then possessed by somebody casting Magic Jar.

Does the chakra remain bound to the original body?

If you kill the incarnate's new body, does it still remain bound?

It seems like a bound chakra has to be voluntarily released, so I guess it would remain in place
I believe it is indeed tied to the body, as chakras are inherent to the host bodies. Some body parts are even required to have certain chakras!

Was there any actual clarification on that, though? All chakras up to "heart" make sense, but what od the soul chakra? Also, if you lost the body where you shaped your melds, can you unshape them from your new shell?

Darrin
2010-11-10, 09:22 PM
I'd probably rule that the bound soulmelds stay with the body, but the essentia is tied to the meldshaper's consciousness. If his mind got swapped via magic jar, the essentia would go with him into the new body, and the consciousness going in would have essentia = 0 (assuming they were not an incarnum-user).