PDA

View Full Version : Bard PrC

Skjaldbakka
2010-11-10, 11:51 PM
I am looking for a good PrC for a melee focused Bard. I'd like 3/4 or full BAB, and either spellcasting progression or a prestige class with its own spellcasting and a unique/interesting spell list. Any suggestions?

This isn't for a game, just a thought experiment. I have more concepts than I can get into games, sadly. Lots of ideas fighting for the covetted 'next game I play in' spot. :)

Oh, looking for a heroic build, so no evil or non-good alignment restrictions. Just doesn't fit the vibe I'm going for. I'd like this character to be something that works as the 'pretty boy main character' trope.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-11-10, 11:54 PM
You don't have to prg out for a meele bard, just take Snowflake War dance (frostburn) and the slippers of battle dancing (DMG II, I think).

Other option is going any normal Gish prestige class, personally I suggest Abjurant champion (full bab and 5/5 casting advancement).

If you are don't care about casting, War Chanter (CWar) might interest you.

WinWin
2010-11-10, 11:58 PM
Lyric Thaumaturge in Complete Mage? Has unique spells.

Focluchan Lyrist in complete adventurer. Difficult Qualifications, but basically a Full BAB Druid/Bard theurge (think Advanced D&D Bard)

gorfnab
2010-11-11, 12:32 AM
Not exactly bard PrCs, but here is a list of gish type bards.

Bard 6/ Crusader or Warblade 2/ Jade Phoenix Mage 2/ Sublime Chord 2/ Jade Phoenix Mage 8
Bard 7/ Paladin 3/ Sublime Chord 2/ Abjurant Champion 5/ Sacred Exorcist 3
Bard 7/ Fighter, Barbarian, or Paladin 1/ Arcane Archer 2/ Sublime Chord 2/ Abjurant Champion 5/ Sacred Exorcist 3
Bard 7/ Paladin, Barbarian, or Fighter 1/ Knight Phantom 2/ Sublime Chord 2/ Knight Phantom 8

MickJay
2010-11-11, 08:10 AM
Dragon Disciple, perhaps?

Keld Denar
2010-11-11, 11:24 AM
Virtuoso has 3/4 BAB, right? Take the first 1-2 levels, then dip into Sublime Chord for 2 levels at ECL11 and 12, then finish strong with Virtuoso. Virt mostly sucks, but its better than Sublime Chord's crappy stats with all of Sublime Chord's delicious delicious Sorcerer-lite casting!

Gorilla2038
2010-11-11, 01:38 PM
If your going for a bard, theres nothing quite like being too pretty to hit. Mix in barbarian for the normal goodness, (though my favorite is to take that variant that allows extra attacks at a -2) and take 2-3 levels of arcane duelist (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20030224a). Mix in the already mentioned snowflake wardance and slippers of battledancing. Im sure theres some way to get charisma to saves too, which would mean x2 charisma to hit, cha to damage, and charisma to ac.

While your at it, take EWP(knifeblade), multiattack, and invisible blade. As a Thri-kreen. 20 odd attacks a round as a pretty pretty bug thing!