PDA

View Full Version : Any game stores in NYC that sell pre 4e stuff?

Ozreth
2010-11-11, 05:48 AM
Gonna be in NYC for a few days and would like to check out some good game stores. Any suggestions? Would prefer one that still caters to the pre 4e crowd (used stuff)

Thanks!

mathewt
2010-11-12, 09:34 AM
Ummm....I don't think I know of any gaming store in NY that does used stuff. The only gaming store in Manhattan now is The Compleat Strategist, and I don't remember anything used there. I think they still have a ton of 3.5 stuff, but since I play 4E now, I haven't payed much attention to it. The only other gaming store I know in the city, Kings Games in Brooklyn, doesn't have a particularly big supply of books period and I don't remember seeing any used.

LongVin
2010-11-12, 01:35 PM
Compleat Strategist sells 3.5 stuff. Word of advice though. Don't use a credit card, they don't have a CC machine and it takes forever for them to fill out the receipt by hand.

AtwasAwamps
2010-11-12, 01:54 PM
Compleat Strategist sells 3.5 stuff. Word of advice though. Don't use a credit card, they don't have a CC machine and it takes forever for them to fill out the receipt by hand.

Oh, it's not really that bad. Plus the guy that's usually there when I go is pretty nice.

Long and short of it is, if you're in Manhattan, Compleat Strategist is your best bet for 3.5 stuff.