PDA

View Full Version : Ways to gain cleric domains? - nevermind my memory is lousy

WarKitty
2010-11-11, 06:08 PM
How many ways are there to gain access to cleric domains, aside from being a cleric? This includes feats and other classes. I'm trying to get access to Travel Devotion without actually being a cleric.

Kylarra
2010-11-11, 06:15 PM
Well you could just take the feat normally and go into sacred exorcist for the TU to power it.

WarKitty
2010-11-11, 06:16 PM
Well you could just take the feat normally and go into sacred exorcist for the TU to power it.

I'm messing up and trying to get something that requires turn attempts without having turn attempts, aren't I?

Thurbane
2010-11-11, 06:18 PM
I was looking at this the other day. From the Lists of Stuff:

Bonus Domains
Church Inquisitor 1, ecl 4, Complete Divine – Inquisition
Contemplative 1, 6/10, ecl 11, Complete Divine – Any one
Divine Oracle 1, ecl 6 Complete Divine – Oracle
Radiant Servant of Pelor 5, ecl 11, Complete Divine – Glory or Purification
Rainbow Servant 1, 4, 7/10, Complete Divine – Good, Air, Law (in that order)
Seeker of the Misty Isle 1, 7/10, Complete Divine – Travel, Magic
Temple Raider of Olidammara 10, Complete Divine – Luck
Warpriest 1, ecl 6, Complete Divine – Glory or Domination
Holt Warden 1, ecl 5, Complete Champion, plant
Ordained Champion 1, ecl 5, Complete Champion, war domain or any other by your deity

Sovereign Speaker 1-9/9, ecl 6, Faiths of Eberron – *9 bonus Domains* (1 per level), selection restrictions, see text
Singer of Concordance 2, ecl 7, Races of the Dragon - choose from: dragon, healing, knowledge, magic, strength, travel, wealth
Cloistered Cleric 1, Unearthed Arcana - Knowledge Domain, plus any two others as a standard Cleric

Divine Disciple 4, ecl ?, Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting (3.0) – any one of your diety’s Domains
Dracolyte 1, ecl 6, Draconomicon - Glory or Domination
Wavekeeper 1, ecl 6, Stormwrack, choose: Blackwater, Ocean, Storm or Water
Knight of the Raven 3, ecl 7, Expedition to Castle Ravenloft
Arachnomancer 1, ecl 6, Drow of the Underdark, spider domain
Swift Wing 1, ecl 5, Dragon Magic - Dragon
Earthshaker 1, ecl 9, Dragon 314 p.58, Earth domain

Faiths and Pantheons
Wearer of Purple 1 – one bonus Domain from the following; Death, Evil or Scalykind (requires Iron Will, Spell Focus (necromancy))
Gondsman 3 – one bonus Domain from the following; Craft, Earth, Fire, Knowledge, Metal or Planning (requires Craft Wondrous Item, Skill

Focus (craft))
Horned Harbringer 1 – Death
Auspician 1 – Fate (requires Dodge, Iron Will, Great Fortitude, Lightning Reflexes)
*Windwalker 1 – Air and Travel Domain spell access only (do not gain Domain power or Domain slots, if you don’t already have them)
*Waveservant 1 – Ocean spell access only (do not gain Domain power or Domain slots, if you don’t already have them)
*Silverstar 1 – Moon Domain spell access only (do not gain Domain power or Domain slots, if you don’t already have them)

Special Mention
Planar Touchstone (Catalogues of Enlightenment), feat, Planar Handbook, gain access to a domain power and spells, see text
Heretic of Faith, feat, Power of Faerun (p.46), stray from your path, exchange domain spells, etc, see text

Kylarra
2010-11-11, 06:19 PM
I'm messing up and trying to get something that requires turn attempts without having turn attempts, aren't I?Well you'd only get Travel devotion 1/day without turn attempts, so basically yeah.

Coidzor
2010-11-11, 06:21 PM
How many ways are there to gain access to cleric domains, aside from being a cleric? This includes feats and other classes. I'm trying to get access to Travel Devotion without actually being a cleric.

You can take the PRC Divine Crusader(I think, it's either that or Divine Champion) from Complete Divine and gain access to a domain power and its spell list. It's a single one only and progresses its own casting.

Sovereign Speaker, I believe, doesn't explicitly require that one be a cleric, just to worship the sovereign host and be a divine caster, and that grants... several domains over 7-10 levels. It's from Faiths of Eberron, IIRC.

I can't remember much else though, unfortunately. I think most of them require one to be a divine caster first though, other than the DivCru from CompDiv, which makes one a divine caster.

A combination of divine crusader plus classes that grant domains can end up with 9th level spells almost on par with a favored soul, IIRC.

Edit: love being ninja'd by the list of stuff! :smallbiggrin:

Cog
2010-11-11, 06:22 PM
I'm messing up and trying to get something that requires turn attempts without having turn attempts, aren't I?

The feat that gives you Travel Devotion is... Travel Devotion. Clerics can trade a domain to get the matching devotion, but that doesn't stop you from just taking the feat with one of your regular feat slots.

Turn Undead gives you fuel to make the devotion more than 1/day, but isn't strictly needed.

WarKitty
Well you'd only get Travel devotion 1/day without turn attempts, so basically yeah.

I would be quite happy with 1/day. It's supposed to be a "get out of jail free" card in an extremely low-wealth campaign.

Edit: Oh wow did I really mess things up here as far as remembering where things came from. Thanks everyone.

Kylarra
I would be quite happy with 1/day. It's supposed to be a "get out of jail free" card in an extremely low-wealth campaign.
Then you can get it just by taking the feat.