PDA

View Full Version : Terriers

Sneak
2010-11-11, 07:56 PM
What a great show. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terriers_(TV_series)) THAT MORE PEOPLE NEED TO WATCH SO ITS RATINGS GO UP AND IT CAN GET A SECOND SEASON PLEASE.

Since I'm assuming basically no one on these boards has seen it: it's about two scrappy best friends, one an ex-cop and recovering alcoholic and the other an ex-thief, who run an unlicensed PI business together. It starts out charmingly low-key and grimy, not to mention funny, but there's some real emotional heft to it as well. The show is a mixture of serialization and case-of-the-week, but the cases-of-the-week usually flow out of the plot organically and have thematic significance to the rest of what's going on. Plus they're all really inventive and interesting.

It's hard to do it justice in words. Just watch the show.

P.S. It really has nothing to do with dogs. Advertising fail.

Starbuck_II
2010-11-11, 09:10 PM
It is good, but I keep missing it. I forgot when/where it is on a lot.

Moff Chumley
2010-11-11, 11:10 PM
The name of this thread made me really angry... :smalltongue:

In non-troll news, I shall keep an eye out for it. :smallbiggrin:

Sneak
2010-11-12, 12:43 AM
Am I missing a reference?

Anyway, it's on FX, Wednesdays at 10. GO GO GO

Moff Chumley
2010-11-12, 12:46 AM
No. I just strongly dislike dogs. :smalltongue:

Sneak
2010-11-12, 01:25 AM
Naturally.

Dragosai
2010-11-13, 12:44 PM
Oh great thread, I love the show and have a bad feeling it will not see a second season. The problem now is that while it's not a really deep show if you jump in at this point you will not know all of what is going on and that can turn people off. I encourage people to tune in and stick with it, it really is a good show, it's not the best OMG wow greatest thing you are ever going to see but it's solid entertainment. The writing is smart and even better realistic even when depicting above average situations. One thing I also like about it was that so far it has avoided many of the classic and tired things you have seen on TV a million times before.

Sneak
2010-11-18, 07:07 PM
Alan Sepinwall on Why You Should Be Watching Terriers. (http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-watching/posts/why-you-should-be-watching-terriers-and-why-fx-should-save-it)

And now I'm off to watch last night's episode.