PDA

View Full Version : Character Journals Question

Rasman
2010-11-11, 08:09 PM
My druid keeps a log of sorts. It's not really a journal, but he wants to remember the things that has happened on his journey...and the debts he is owed. Are there any particular websites that would be good for this, is there a place in the Forums this could be recorded or any other suggestions for this type of thing?

dsmiles
2010-11-11, 08:11 PM
I just keep my campaign journals in OpenOffice on my hard drive.

Rasman
2010-11-11, 08:39 PM
well I'd prefer to keep them online so that I have better access to them from other places since I work on my D&D things at home and at work sometimes, not to mention it would make them more sharable.

Kaun
2010-11-11, 08:46 PM
I have had players keep them on private forums online.

Worked well enough.

Especially since there are plenty of places you can set up a free forum private or public.

Chambers
2010-11-11, 09:34 PM
Goggle Documents sounds like it would work.

Dsurion
2010-11-11, 09:57 PM
I have had players keep them on private forums online.

Worked well enough.

Especially since there are plenty of places you can set up a free forum private or public.

+1 to this. My personal forum was set up on InvisionFree as a place for Role-Playing game recording. Now my friends all enjoy reading what is essentially a D&D adventure archive.

valadil
2010-11-11, 10:46 PM
3 games ago one of my PCs had a LiveJournal account for his in game journal. It worked out perfectly.

Bugbeartrap
2010-11-11, 11:44 PM
My group tried using ObsidianPortal but got too lazy to check it/update. I now post journal notes from the game I'm playing in Notes on Facebook. You can tag your players/DM and adjust Privacy settings.

Rasman
2010-11-12, 01:16 AM
My group tried using ObsidianPortal but got too lazy to check it/update. I now post journal notes from the game I'm playing in Notes on Facebook. You can tag your players/DM and adjust Privacy settings.

I actually hadn't thought about using Notes on FB, that's pretty simple and keeps me from having to sign up/use another site...thnx

SamsDisciple
2010-11-12, 10:09 AM
In my current campaign we are all encouraged to keep journals to enhance character development. The dm made a group on FB so we can all access it and it has info on the world, house rules, and discussions on treasure, as well as a spot for everybody to write/read their journals. The dm is giving bonuses like rerolls to people who participate in these. Its handy to have and also if somebody has a million annoying questions the dm fisrt just asks "did you check the fb page?" And so a reduction in dm headache!

Duke of URL
2010-11-12, 10:22 AM
Goggle Documents sounds like it would work.

Or you can use a network "hard drive" like Dropbox. I use that to keep my documents synced between the three computers I use at various places, and I can even view many of the files on my iPhone.