PDA

View Full Version : MITD+Redcloak!!! (not what you think!) SoD spoilers

Captainocaptain
2010-11-12, 03:33 AM
Okay, the premise of the thread is in the spoiler tab. Just in case.
In SoD when Xykon first talks with the MITD, he gives several orders, one of which is a Suggestion (or some similar spell). He tells the MITD to eat Redcloak if he ever betrays Xykon (ands spit out the bauble). Does this mean that if Redcloak ever betrays Xykon the MITD will be compelled to kill Redcloalk? What do you guys think?

Thanatosia
2010-11-12, 04:24 AM
Uh.... yeah?

I'm not sure I understand this thread. I dont know of any other possible interpetation to that scene, and you don't seem to be offering up any alternative interpretation theories, or even to be suggesting that there should be one.... so uh, whats the point?

Evil DM Mark3
2010-11-12, 04:51 AM
Is Durkon a Thorite? Seriously this is not really a question.

Mind you I do wonder if the Monster would be able to resist after his O'chull training.

Chaos rising
2010-11-12, 05:24 AM
:smallbiggrin:I think that the MitD might be so bad at following Xykons orders that it eats the phylactery and spits out Redcloak.

Lord Bingo
2010-11-12, 07:41 AM
When I saw the title of this thread I thought to myself: "That's sounds like a juicy love story. Should I direct this guy to the Crack Pairings thread?"

Dire Moose
2010-11-12, 07:48 AM
Personally, I think Redcloak will ultimately make a Heel Face Turn and end up betraying Xykon at some point. Xykon will then make the Monster in the Darkness eat Redcloak, at which point the monster's character development from his time spent talking with O-Chul comes into play, resulting in him ultimately resisting the spell Xykon cast in SoD.

LightsOnNo1Home
2010-11-12, 08:27 AM
I think what the OP means is:

Do you think that the spell will work, or that the MITD will be able to resist the spell?

In which case, I think that, if it comes up, then he probably will manage to resist.

The issue is, I'm not sure what spell it was that Xykon used. Suggestion's duration is too short, (1hr/level) for it to be relevant after this much time.

Souhiro
2010-11-12, 09:30 AM
I think that MitD could be spell-triggered and eats RC. But RC is enough munchkin to bypass that, For Example, leating MitD a Clone.

Other possibility is Xykon having MitD eating RC, and he prompts to eating everybody in the room, but then...

O'Chul Pops in!

And then, the ultimate showdown of ultimate sticks starts.

Just remember the Spoiler from the Giant Poster: The Oracle isn't a good guy, and the Snarl isn't nor good nor bad. Whould this mean that the Snarl is something which can be used for the good or the bad akin to the will of the Man? is the snar Ma-Jin-Ga?

Jan Mattys
2010-11-12, 10:03 AM
:smallbiggrin:I think that the MitD might be so bad at following Xykons orders that it eats the phylactery and spits out Redcloak.

...and that would be awesome.
:smallbiggrin:

AbuSpud
2010-11-12, 10:25 AM
In SoD when Xykon first talks with the MITD, he gives several orders, one of which is a Suggestion (or some similar spell). He tells the MITD to eat Redcloak if he ever betrays Xykon (ands spit out the bauble). Does this mean that if Redcloak ever betrays Xykon the MITD will be compelled to kill Redcloalk? What do you guys think?

Who is this Xykon of whom you speak? :smallamused:

LightsOnNo1Home
2010-11-13, 05:53 AM
Who is this Xykon of whom you speak? :smallamused:

Ummm....

The main bad guy in the comic strip that these message boards a dedicated to? :smallconfused:

Dr.Epic
2010-11-13, 05:54 AM

Hey, if you know a way one can eat someone and NOT kill them, then yeah sure.

PersonMan
2010-11-13, 06:12 AM
Hey, if you know a way one can eat someone and NOT kill them, then yeah sure.

Swallow whole?

With the right spells, Redcloak could survive for quite some time in a stomach.

Kareasint
2010-11-13, 06:19 AM
Swallow whole?

Word of Recall (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0662.html) gets around that real fast. Verbal components only.

Dr.Epic
2010-11-13, 06:27 AM
Swallow whole?

Still, the intent is going to be to kill considering the harm done from stomach acid and crushing.

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-13, 07:14 AM

I wholeheartedly support this theory.

Kish
2010-11-13, 10:28 AM
Or, quite possibly, just stand there, as his brain doesn't recognize that what he saw fits the description of "Redcloak betraying Xykon."
MITD: Did you just betray Xykon?
REDCLOAK: No.
MITD: Oh, okay then.

AMJ
2010-11-13, 02:39 PM
Or, quite possibly, just stand there, as his brain doesn't recognize that what he saw fits the description of "Redcloak betraying Xykon."
MITD: Did you just betray Xykon?
REDCLOAK: No.
MITD: Oh, okay then.

I put my vote here. That would be funny.

On the other hand the spell was cast in SOD and considering how big an impact it would have if MitD suddenly ate Redcloak, it needs some kind of online reference before I can see it happen.