PDA

View Full Version : Fluff my hits!

Lev
2010-11-12, 05:40 AM
Alright well I'm playing a super grappler, but I've managed to get him a colossal war mace with golden ice inlay when he is in his huge form.

The question is, I have subduing strike which allows me to apply all the damage as nonlethal without penalty, how would I fluff this creatively so it wouldn't seem like "oh, i just squished the medium-sized creature into a stain" with anything I could do with the 160lb 2 handed mace.

Hit them into a bush? But then they'd have to leave the square............ help :smallsmile:?

Galileo
2010-11-12, 05:46 AM
You hold it by the head and bash their knees in with the handle?

FelixG
2010-11-12, 05:47 AM
Grab them toss em into the air and bat em straight up then catch them and lay them back down in the same square :P

GodGoblin
2010-11-12, 05:49 AM
Maybe you could say that the mace knocks them to the ground rather than squishing them into it. Think of it like swatting a fly out of the air with our huge hands!

And im guessing your damage output in huge so does horrendous subdual damage still kill if it reaches -10?

Lev
2010-11-12, 06:29 AM
Maybe you could say that the mace knocks them to the ground rather than squishing them into it. Think of it like swatting a fly out of the air with our huge hands!

And im guessing your damage output in huge so does horrendous subdual damage still kill if it reaches -10?
Haha, well it does around 8D6+15 so yeah, that's a max roll of 63 and a crit on 20 for 126. I think that qualifies for stupidly massive damage and would require a fortitude save to watch someone get hit.

panaikhan
2010-11-12, 08:56 AM
I'm glad I've:
a) never been in a campaign where this kind of damage is commonplace, and
b) never had a GM enforce the 'death by massive damage' rule

Quietus
2010-11-12, 09:01 AM
Yes, do note that you'll still be forcing saves vs. massive damage, which means you can still kill things by accident with your crazy-big subdual weapon.

Lev
2010-11-13, 05:30 PM
That's ok, he's primarily a grappler anyway-- and I can choose to limit my damage can't I? I could just use the golden ice ravage built into the hammer with a dex damage poison to try and take them down with pure dex dmg (I could probably pull off 2D6 primary DC14 and 3D6 secondary dex with that setup and follow up with a mega grapple after their escape artist check is obliterated.

Last Laugh
2010-11-13, 05:51 PM
Like in the cartoons have your enormous mace squash him flat, accordion style.