PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]Beckon Shadows spell[PEACH]

AustontheGreat1
2010-11-12, 10:42 AM
This spell was made for a character who specializes in the use of shadows. Not sure about balance thats why I'm posting it here.

Shadeborn Summoning [METAMAGIC]

All creatures that exists are twisted and mirrored in the shadow plane.

Benefit: This metamagic feat may only be used to modify a Conjuration spell with the (summoning) descriptor. When the user cast the spell to summon a creature, that creature acquires the Shadow Creature template (p.190 Manual of the Planes) for as long as the summoning spell lasts. Spells using this feat take up a slot one level higher than usual.

Beckon Shadows I

Level: Brd 2, Clr 2, Sor/Wiz 2
Components: V, S, F/DF
Casting Time: 1 round
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Effect: One summoned shadow creature
Duration: 1 round/level (D)
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

All creatures that exist are twisted and mirrored on the Plane of Shadow. This spell acts as the Summon Monster I spell even using the same list of available creatures. This spell differs in that any creature summoned is summoned with the Shadow Creature Template (p.190 Manual of the Planes), provided that creature is eligible to receive the template.

Beckon Shadows II

Level: Brd 3, Clr 3, Sor/Wiz 3

This spell act identically to the Beckon Shadows I spell with the exception that it may instead summon creatures from the Summon Monster II list modified by the Shadow Creature Template.

Beckon Shadows III

Level: Brd 4, Clr 4, Sor/Wiz 4

This spell act identically to the Beckon Shadows I spell with the exception that it may instead summon creatures from the Summon Monster III list modified by the Shadow Creature Template.

Beckon Shadows IV

Level: Brd 5, Clr 5, Sor/Wiz 5

This spell act identically to the Beckon Shadows I spell with the exception that it may instead summon creatures from the Summon Monster IV list modified by the Shadow Creature Template.

Beckon Shadows V

Level: Brd 6, Clr 6, Sor/Wiz 6

This spell act identically to the Beckon Shadows I spell with the exception that it may instead summon creatures from the Summon Monster V list modified by the Shadow Creature Template.

Beckon Shadows VI

Level: Brd 7, Clr 7, Sor/Wiz 7

This spell act identically to the Beckon Shadows I spell with the exception that it may instead summon creatures from the Summon Monster VI list modified by the Shadow Creature Template.

Beckon Shadows VII

Level: Brd 8, Clr 8, Sor/Wiz 8

This spell act identically to the Beckon Shadows I spell with the exception that it may instead summon creatures from the Summon Monster VII list modified by the Shadow Creature Template.

Beckon Shadows VIII

Level: Brd 9, Clr 9, Sor/Wiz 9

This spell act identically to the Beckon Shadows I spell with the exception that it may instead summon creatures from the Summon Monster VIII list modified by the Shadow Creature Template.

peacenlove
2010-11-12, 02:07 PM
In my opinion this idea (the addition of the shadow template) should be a metamagic feat that raises the spell level by one, or a swift action spell of about 4th-5th level that enhances your next summoned spell, else sorcerers wouldn't bother taking those spells due to limited spells known.

AustontheGreat1
2010-11-12, 03:02 PM
In my opinion this idea (the addition of the shadow template) should be a metamagic feat that raises the spell level by one, or a swift action spell of about 4th-5th level that enhances your next summoned spell, else sorcerers wouldn't bother taking those spells due to limited spells known.

Your right, Metamagic feat is actually a much better idea.

Something like...

Benefit: This metamagic feat may only be used to modify a Conjuration spell with the (summoning) descriptor. When the user cast the spell to summon a creature, that creature acquires the Shadow Creature template (p.190 Manual of the Planes) for as long as the summoning spell lasts. Spells using this feat take up a slot one level higher than usual.

How's that?

NecroticPunch
2010-11-12, 04:54 PM
Your right, Metamagic feat is actually a much better idea.

Something like...

Benefit: This metamagic feat may only be used to modify a Conjuration spell with the (summoning) descriptor. When the user cast the spell to summon a creature, that creature acquires the Shadow Creature template (p.190 Manual of the Planes) for as long as the summoning spell lasts. Spells prepared using this feat take up a slot one level higher than usual.

How's that?

Without prepared, it's good. With prepared... well, a sorcerer gets to use this without increasing spell level.

AustontheGreat1
2010-11-12, 04:56 PM
Without prepared, it's good. With prepared... well, a sorcerer gets to use this without increasing spell level.

Okay, deal.