PDA

View Full Version : Oh bother, what to Wish for? 3.5

gallagher
2010-11-12, 02:44 PM
so a little back story: my Paladin of Freedom 2/Crusader12 has received a wish from a powerful wizard. it is safe to assume that the wizard is going to take on the traits of my DM... aka really sadistic. i dont really want anything, but i have to use the wish. my character is already very strong, and i have all my item slots filled up.

so here is where you suggest silly things for me to wish for that more than likely wont get my character killed. i just want to use the wish for a laugh. that may sound wrong to everyone on this board, but its what i am doing.

what does someone who doesnt want anything wish for? i am currently considering wishing for the DMs girlfriend to bake me cookies. she makes excellent cookies

Kaww
2010-11-12, 02:48 PM
Improve the armor you are currently wearing? Give it a chant which you previously agreed on with your DM. Or a +1 enhancement to a stat. Those are safe bets, no DM should harass you about those...

gallagher
2010-11-12, 02:50 PM
Improve the armor you are currently wearing? Give it a chant which you previously agreed on with your DM. Or a +1 enhancement to a stat. Those are safe bets, no DM should harass you about those...

see, i would do that, i really would, but i want to do something silly. i have wished before for a bunch of useless magic items... like a rubber ball of retourning (which would return to exactly where you dropped it from... silly? you bet. useful? HECK YEAH)

Yuki Akuma
2010-11-12, 02:53 PM
Wish for a ring of wishing with one charge left.

gallagher
2010-11-12, 02:54 PM
Wish for a ring of wishing with one charge left.

oh that is devious. take away the time constraint so i can effectively turn my DMs favorite DMPC into a swarm of butterflies or something right before they are about to be awesome

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-12, 02:56 PM
Wish for a huge castle made entirely out of never-spoiling, self regenerating cake, then do the Pally of Freedom thing and let local kids pig out on your walls while their parents tut at them. And real-life cookies too.

Frosty
2010-11-12, 03:05 PM
Wish for a huge castle made entirely out of never-spoiling, self regenerating cake, then do the Pally of Freedom thing and let local kids pig out on your walls while their parents tut at them. And real-life cookies too.
Giving diabetes en mass to villagers is an Evil act :smallwink:

Tharck
2010-11-12, 03:08 PM
Wish the NPC to be a God.

Or for an Ale Elemental for the dwarves.

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-12, 03:10 PM
Giving diabetes en mass to villagers is an Evil act :smallwink:

Giving enjoyment to children is a good act. You're Chaotic, so the diabetes risk isn't your responsibility :smalltongue:

grimbold
2010-11-12, 03:17 PM
Wish for Random Farmer NPC Q17 to become a commoner god

gbprime
2010-11-12, 03:33 PM
I like the Ale Elemental idea. Maybe something a little more... sacrimental? Like 1/day ability to turn a Water Elemental (or other water subtype) into wine?

The DM will be laughing right up until you try turning that black dragon into wine. :smalleek:

kestrel404
2010-11-12, 03:56 PM
Wish for theme music to play while you're fighting.
Wish for the ability to glow and cause an updraft strong enough to lift small rocks whenever you make an intimidate check.
Wish for flowers to sprout wherever you step.
Wish for an endless decanter of maple syrup.
Wish for legal ownership of the moon.
Wish for every wand of wonder within 100 feet of you to immediately expend all their charges.
Wish for the ability to speak to butterflies.

Moriato
2010-11-12, 04:09 PM
what does someone who doesnt want anything wish for? i am currently considering wishing for the DMs girlfriend to bake me cookies. she makes excellent cookies

WARNING!: Studies have shown that cookies created through use of the Wish spell are 75% more likely to contain laxatives than their more mundane, yet still delicious, counterparts.

Word your wish carefully.

akma
2010-11-12, 04:31 PM
I have a feeling you all are doing it wrong. He said his DM is sadistic, so he might screw him no matter what he would wish for, maybe even if he would wish for something funny.
So my idea is asking something that could be twisted to something the player would want. I have no idea how to do that in reality.

Goudaa
2010-11-12, 04:37 PM
"I wish I didn't have a wish spell offered to me."

Logalmier
2010-11-12, 04:40 PM
I have a feeling you all are doing it wrong. He said his DM is sadistic, so he might screw him no matter what he would wish for, maybe even if he would wish for something funny.
So my idea is asking something that could be twisted to something the player would want. I have no idea how to do that in reality.

"I wish you wouldn't constantly misinterpret what I say when I wish for wishes..."

ShriekingDrake
2010-11-12, 04:43 PM
Wish for a pony . . . I always wanted one.

Ryu_Bonkosi
2010-11-12, 04:50 PM
No matter what you wish for be a SPECIFIC as possible. BUT the better worded it is the more the person granting the wish will be looking for a loop hole.

When my party was granted a wish we came to a vote and decided on a permanent mental link between party members that couldn't be intruded on or disabled in any way. We worded it in a way that couldn't be twisted and we got our wish.

Magesmiley
2010-11-12, 04:55 PM
Wish that you have the ability to teach a horse to sing in under a year.

Wish that your boots are always polished.

Wish that you never step in a horse apple.

Wish that the lawn was mowed.

Wish for 10,000 gold wrapped chocolate pieces.

Wish for DR 5/chocolate.

Wish to get 1 sp every time someone comes up with a stupid use for a wish.

Wish that another player has to keep his/her mouth shut for an entire game session.

Wish for the ability to belch music at will.

Wish that the rain would go away for the rest of the day.

Beelzebub1111
2010-11-12, 05:01 PM
"I wish you wouldn't constantly misinterpret what I say when I wish for wishes..."
I gotta try that one.

Wish for something "good" for the wizard. Like "I wish for you to have a long planar vacation"

Warlawk
2010-11-12, 05:02 PM
Wish for theme music to play...

"He's doing his own theme music, I am so glad I was unconscious for this part!"

I've had a number of characters who could have enjoyed having personal theme music. I'm all for it.

Rasman
2010-11-12, 05:04 PM
Wish that airplanes in the night sky were shooting stars.
Wish that you knew what you know now, but when you were younger.
Wish for a Merry Christmas.
Wish to be as you wish to seem.
Don't wish it were easier, wish you were better.
Wish that you live long and prosper.
Wish for the 6 fingered man to give your father back.
Wish for world peace.

but srsly, I'd wish for an "increased" stat or one of the books that increases one. Never wish that it were raised, because that can be tainted and then you'll have a "razed" stat.

RndmNumGen
2010-11-12, 05:07 PM
Wish for a Merry Christmas.

This or the Ale Elemental. Maybe Rum or Beer would be better, since it doesn't sound so similar to Air.

onthetown
2010-11-12, 09:10 PM
You know the handkerchief tricks that magicians do, where they pull a bunch of connected handkerchiefs out of their sleeve?

Wish for an "Eternal Chain of Handkerchiefs" or whatever you want to call it. You'll be the life of the party!

Elvenoutrider
2010-11-12, 09:15 PM
wish for 1.2 million chickens

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-11-12, 09:34 PM

Which to obtain the Chicken-Infested flaw?

true_shinken
2010-11-12, 09:43 PM
Wish for bacon.

Jjeinn-tae
2010-11-12, 09:49 PM
Too bad you're not evil, you could wish for disembodied Ominous Latin Chanting to occur at suitably dramatic moments, like when you use your villainous laugh, or reveal your master plan... or eat potato chips.

So to counter this, wish so that whenever you spread your arms, a beam of light comes down from the heavens with an invisible chorus going "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah." Though that might not be very Paladin of Freedom, more Standard or Favored Soul...

DragonOfUndeath
2010-11-12, 09:49 PM

"I wish i could take a Flaw at {insert current level here} ignoring Prerequisites that still grants me a free feat." Chicken Infested without the annoying first level commoner dip :smalltongue:

Alleran
2010-11-12, 09:56 PM
Wish to become a dragon! (See: Savage Species) It's technically a valid use of Wish and has rules about how you can go about it.

jinx1016
2010-11-12, 10:09 PM
wish for people to break into song and dance when they get within 200 ft of you

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-11-12, 10:23 PM
Too bad you're not evil, you could wish for disembodied Ominous Latin Chanting to occur at suitably dramatic moments, like when you use your villainous laugh, or reveal your master plan... or eat potato chips.

So to counter this, wish so that whenever you spread your arms, a beam of light comes down from the heavens with an invisible chorus going "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah." Though that might not be very Paladin of Freedom, more Standard or Favored Soul...

Along this vein, wish that a glint would sparkle off of your teeth every time you smile.

Ungvar
2010-11-13, 01:03 AM
Wish for a horse, and then give it to a beggar.

Christopher K.
2010-11-13, 01:35 AM
Remember Patrick's wish?

"I wish I'd known I'd get to make wishes sooner."

Tvtyrant
2010-11-13, 01:40 AM
wish for the cake to be a lie
wish that your wish could not be fulfilled (and other logical impossibilities)
wish that you had the power to dye things at will
wish that you had a level in commoner
wish that there would be a chocolate elemental plane
wish for cakes to be called pies

Necroticplague
2010-11-13, 05:38 AM
Wish for a decanter of endless cure serious wounds potion.

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-13, 05:44 AM
Wish for an angelic choir to sing every time you pee.

FelixG
2010-11-13, 06:05 AM
well the wizard and GM are devious...

Wish for the wizard to recieve something against the rules.

"I wish for you to receive the hand of vecna! I am just nice like that!"

suddenly the wizard gets the hand of vecna but the deity lich immediately is pissy and knows that wizards exact location.

let him backfire on himself, as he is the one casting wish and receiving the benefit so it would backfire on him XD

EDIT: or wish that all armor donned by a blackguard from here forth will have its color magically changed to pink!

Morithias
2010-11-13, 07:11 AM
"I wish that every wish I make from now on including this one, will be granted to me within the spirit and letter of the wish."

Then go to town with a ring of 3 wishes later.

Synapse
2010-11-13, 07:16 AM
wish for three blessed scrolls of recharging or a blessed fixed Eyes of the Overworld.

Last Laugh
2010-11-13, 08:43 AM
While not suggested by the rules Wish for Heightened Chain of Eyes 1/day as a SLA.

I think it would be fun. Ultimate Voyeur GO!

Crossblade
2010-11-13, 09:22 AM
"I wish for a turkey sandwich, on rye bread, with lettuce, and mustard, and... I don't want any zombie turkeys, I don't wanna turn into a turkey myself, and I don't want any more weird surprises, you got it!"

Google-fu fails me, or I'd link the clip too.

stabbitty death
2010-11-13, 11:49 AM
I wish you wouldn't grant this wish
wizard: error error error

tyckspoon
2010-11-13, 12:03 PM
"I wish for a turkey sandwich, on rye bread, with lettuce, and mustard, and... I don't want any zombie turkeys, I don't wanna turn into a turkey myself, and I don't want any more weird surprises, you got it!"

Google-fu fails me, or I'd link the clip too.

Turkey's a little dry. BWAHAHAHAHAHAH :smallbiggrin: