PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Right-Eye's daughter?

Cybertoy00
2010-11-12, 05:59 PM
In Start of Darkness, Right-Eye mentions that he sent his daughter away before- or during- a band of adventurers attacked Xykon's army and killed his wife and other children after the sorcerer enslaved the goblin's village.
My question is, will she come back? And if she does, what consenquences will come of it? Will she contribute to a possible reform from Redcloak (I'm trying to avoid using TVTropes terms)? Or will she befriend either O-chul or the Order. Since O-chul befriended the Monster in the Dark, it wouldn't be surprising if that happened, and it'd be even less surprising if she befriended the Order of the Stick, since they put up with BELKAR of all things. It's hard to be all "This race is evil" when your most psychopathic teammate is from a species commonly known for being jolly little housekeepers.
:roach: Nothing lowers standards than a problem you can't solve.

KingFlameHawk
2010-11-12, 06:09 PM
I'm not to sure what is going to happen. If anything I think she might show up during the quest to kraagor's tomb since I doubt she is on the western continent or the elf lands. I would think she is about 10 years old so she would be an adult by goblin standards I think (correct me if I'm wrong) so I think she would be connected to the Order and her goal would most likely be trying to "save" her uncle from Xykon as it seemed to be her fathers goal and she could want to take it up. An interesting plot point could be finding out Redcloak killed her father and changing her goal to revenge. Thoughts?

Gift Jeraff
2010-11-12, 08:22 PM
her goal would most likely be trying to "save" her uncle from Xykon as it seemed to be her fathers goal and she could want to take it up. An interesting plot point could be finding out Redcloak killed he father and changing her goal to revenge. Thoughts?
I figured something like that as well, though she is likely too young/low-level to really do anything. I'd guess telling the Order about Redcloak and/or being the key to Redcloak's redemption will be her role.

That and being Therkla, of course.

Conuly
2010-11-12, 08:37 PM
Goblins live about 50 years, right? If goblins live about 50 years, and humans live 75, it seems reasonable that goblins are adults at 2/3 the age humans are.

If humans are adults at 15 in D&D, the math makes sense for Right-Eye's daughter to be an adult at 10. Otherwise, I'd say she's approaching adulthood.

And as far as "will she come back", she's bound to. Pass up this dramatic potential? Please! Elan would be *so* disappointed to hear us speculate otherwise.

Plus, being raised by humans is sure to give her a different perspective on humanity than her uncle has, which is just going to be fun all around, no matter what her effect is on him. (Well, assuming her dad picked the right humans to leave her with, that is.)

Ron Miel
2010-11-13, 10:00 PM
I'm sure she is a Chekhov's gun. The fact that she exists will certainly be significant later. Just what it means is anyone's guess.

Renan_Sousa
2010-11-14, 03:17 AM
Well, wasn't right-eye already somewhat old by the end of SoD? If so, then if his daughter ever shows up, she'll be quite older than young adult.

But then again, how much time elapsed between SoD and strip 1?

Nimrod's Son
2010-11-14, 03:20 AM
Well, wasn't right-eye already somewhat old by the end of SoD? If so, then if his daughter ever shows up, she'll be quite older than young adult.

But then again, how much time elapsed between SoD and strip 1?
The end of SoD? Six months. (103 years since the beginning, but that's irrelevant :smallwink:)

The last time we saw Right-Eye's daughter was three years before strip #1, when she was a child. Maybe five years or so from present day - she'll almost certainly be a young adult when she shows up again.

Dr.Epic
2010-11-14, 05:24 AM
We (the audience) have no idea, but I think we are all dying to find out.