PDA

View Full Version : Mind Games (3.5 PrC, PEACH)

Rumel
2010-11-13, 12:55 AM
Mind Games:

Warrior: "I'm gonna kill you!!!"
Mind Games: "Why do you want to kill me?"
Warrior: "Because you murdered my father!!!"
Mind Games: "No, I am your father!"
Warrior: "Wait... What... You... I... What?"
Mind Games: "Now go to your room!"
Warrior: "I never get to have any fun..." and walks away.

You love to mess with people, nobody knows if your serious or not... Except you. Your abilities are almost magical, and you cannot turn them off.

Allignments:
Usually Chaotic but can be Nutral. They tend to be any good or evil though.

Requirements:
10 ranks bluff, sense motive and diplomacy. Also must have the deceitful feat.

{table=head] Lvl|BaB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|+0|0|0|2|White Lie, Bluff +1

2nd|+1|0|0|3|Fib, Bluff +2

3rd|+2|0|0|3|Bend the Truth, Bluff +3

4th|+3|1|1|4|Broken Riality, Bluff +4

5th|+3|1|1|4|Mind Games, Bluff +5

[/Table]

Hit Dice:
d8's

Skill Points:
6+Int mod

Class Skills:
the following are class skills for the Mind Gamer... Bluff, Diplomacy, Sense Motive and Slight of Hand

Class Features:
The following are class features of the Mind Gamer...

White Lie:
You may make a bluff check to convince others something is true, this takes penalties as a regular bluff check if it is unbelievable. You may convince others that something is fact such as you are their long lost cousin or their sword was stolen and they will believe this as absolute fact if they fail their save. This ability is requires concentration and takes a toll on your mind. It is usable 2/day/HD, but becomes at will at 10 HD.

Example:
"Hey, remember me?"
"No?"
"Sure you do... I'm that dude that lent you 1,000 Gp for your nice sword, by the way, I need that back..."
"Oh, sure, here you go"
"Thanks... Oh, your late for your ballet lessons"
"Oh, thanks for the heads up!... Now where did I put my tu-tu?

Fib:
You may convince another their beliefs are wrong and try to make them join your side. They gain bonuses on their save as the bluff ability. This is usable 1/day/HD.

Example:
"George! They altered your view! They are the bad guys!"
"No way! How dare you try to trick me! GREAT CLEAVE!"
"You saved me... But... OH NO! They replaced you with a goblin! Kill your body!"
"OK! Take THIS me!!!"
"Perfect :smallamused:..."

Bend the Truth:
You may convince others their entire way of thinking is wrong. They can be convinced to do most anything crazy. He gains a bonus on his save as the bluff ability if the reality you make is unbelievable. This is usable 1/Day/2HD

Example:
"You don't want to kill me..."
"I... I don't?"
"Not at all... You want to live out you dream..."
"What's that?"
"You want to be the first man to fly around the world! There's the cliff *point*! Fly... FLY!!!"
"I'm liveing the dreeeaaammmm... Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh... *splat*

Broken Reality:
1/day/5HD the Mind Gamer may convince the world it was wrong. He may say a mountain is not formed or gravity goes up. This lasts for 1 round per HD and afterwards it goes back to normal.

Example:
"What's your name?"
"Carl..."
"Ohhh... Umm... Sorry... People named Carl die if they can see me..."
"Oh... By!... *Thud*"
A few rounds later...
"Wait... That's not true!"

Mind Games:
You may not only convince others to help you, you may also convince them they've helped you his entire life. You may build a whole new set of memories which he believes to his dying breath. It takes a miracle or wish to fix him or a break enchantment spell. This ability is always considered unbelievable for the purposes of a bluff check. It lasts for a max of 1 day, and is usable 1/day/10HD.

Example:
"I'm going to kill you!!!"
"Wait... why?"
"You are evil!"
"No... You are... And your not a fighter... Your a dancer, that will never stop until he realizes his goal of preforming for the king..."
".................. Ya!!! Why won't he watch me? I can leap like a frog, and spin like a top!"
"You sure can... Well... Hope you see the king or whatever... I'm going to go kill that lady that is in no way your mother..."
"Okay, have fun!"

Change Log:
•None yetb

Boci
2010-11-13, 01:05 AM
First impression:

1. The requirement of "cannot have the best BaB" is unusual, and vague. Does a fighter 2 / rogue 5 meet that requirement?

2. Give it more class skills. It has more skill points per level than the former.

3. What is this class intended for? Proper game use or just a laugh?

Rumel
2010-11-13, 01:20 AM
First impression:

1. The requirement of "cannot have the best BaB" is unusual, and vague. Does a fighter 2 / rogue 5 meet that requirement?

2. Give it more class skills. It has more skill points per level than the former.

3. What is this class intended for? Proper game use or just a laugh?

No fighter or PC with any class that has a good BaB may take this class.

Ok I'll add more skills

It depends... Some can make it serious but I meant it for fun.

Tacitus
2010-11-20, 06:42 PM
Hold on, are there any classes that have full BAB and those skills?

Also, I'd state it differently. If I could dig out my copy of savage species I'd reference the Survivor, as it uses a similar requirement.

Kobold-Bard
2010-12-10, 11:18 AM
1. Use Broken Reality.
2. Say I am Pelor.
3. Use your time as The Burning Hate to utilise your new Divine powers an actually make yorself a God
4. ???
5. Everyone gets annoyed and plays cards instead.

Unless I missed somethig that ability needs some serious limits.

Rumel
2010-12-10, 11:24 AM
1. Use Broken Reality.
2. Say I am Pelor.
3. Use your time as The Burning Hate to utilise your new Divine powers an actually make yorself a God
4. ???
5. Everyone gets annoyed and plays cards instead.

Unless I missed somethig that ability needs some serious limits.

Ya... I'm not the best at this sort of thing... I'm going to stick with monsters...

Kobold-Bard
2010-12-10, 12:22 PM
Ya... I'm not the best at this sort of thing... I'm going to stick with monsters...

Nah, don't give up. It looks like a good idea for a class, D&D is just the type of game that needs you to be specific about stuff.

If you'd like, after I catch up with my poor, forgotten PbP-ers, I'll see what I can do to help.

Rumel
2010-12-10, 12:40 PM
Nah, don't give up. It looks like a good idea for a class, D&D is just the type of game that needs you to be specific about stuff.

If you'd like, after I catch up with my poor, forgotten PbP-ers, I'll see what I can do to help.

Alright, that'll work, thanks

AtlanteanTroll
2010-12-10, 03:53 PM
Man, this has potential. It's like a cross between a Jedi and Yami Yugi.

"These are not the droids you're looking for."

"MIND CRUSH!"

Epsilon Rose
2010-12-11, 12:34 AM
Uhm, what do white lie, fib and bend the truth actually do? It seems like all they do is let you use the bluff skill in ways it can already be used.

jojolagger
2010-12-11, 12:47 AM
Uhm, what do white lie, fib and bend the truth actually do? It seems like all they do is let you use the bluff skill in ways it can already be used.

With bluff
"you lost your sword on the way over here."
*checks* "No, It's still in my scabbard"

With White lie
"you lost your sword on the way over here."
"Damn, I'd better go get it."

Rumel
2010-12-11, 01:35 AM
Fixed the class... Now it is way more balanced and good for use...

jojolagger
2010-12-11, 10:41 AM
@ Rumel
would you mind if I tidied up the class (and included skill suggestions)?

Rumel
2010-12-11, 10:48 AM
@ Rumel
would you mind if I tidied up the class (and included skill suggestions)?

Not at all...

jojolagger
2010-12-11, 03:45 PM
Mind Gamer, Reformatted to how I usually see classes. (minor changes to formating, reworded White lie to read easier)Mind Gamer

Warrior: "I'm gonna kill you!!!"
Mind Gamer: "Why do you want to kill me?"
Warrior: "Because you murdered my father!!!"
Mind Gamer: "No, I am your father!"
Warrior: "Wait... What... You... I... What?"
Mind Gamer: "Now go to your room!"
Warrior: "I never get to have any fun..." and walks away.

You love to mess with people, nobody knows if your serious or not... Except you. Your abilities are almost magical, and you cannot turn them off.

Entry Requirements
Skills: Bluff 10 ranks , Diplomacy 10 ranks, Sense Motive 10 ranks
Feats: Deceitful

Class Skills
The Mind Gamer's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are : Bluff (Cha), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Forgery (Int), Gather information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Knowledge (Local)(Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Slight of Hand (Dex), Spot (Wis), Use Magic Device (Cha).
Skills Points at Each Level : 6 + int

Hit Dice: d8

Mind Gamer
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0|
+0|
+0|
+2|White Lie, Bluff +1

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+0|
+3|Fib, Bluff +2

3rd|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+3|Bend the Truth, Bluff +3

4th|
+3|
+1|
+1|
+4|Broken Reality, Bluff +4

5th|
+3|
+1|
+1|
+4|Mind Games, Bluff +5[/table]

Weapon Proficiencies: Mind Gamers gain no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Bluff: A Mind Gamer get's a bonus to bluff equal to his Mind gamer level.

White Lie: You may make a bluff check (opposed by their sense motive check) to convince others something is true. This takes the same penalties as a regular bluff check if it is hard to believe. You may convince others that something is fact such as you are their long lost cousin or their sword was stolen and they will believe this as absolute fact if You succeed on the opposed check. This ability is requires concentration and takes a toll on your mind. It is usable 2/day/HD, but becomes at will at 10 HD.

Example:
"Hey, remember me?"
"No?"
"Sure you do... I'm that dude that lent you 1,000 Gp for your nice sword, by the way, I need that back..."
"Oh, sure, here you go"
"Thanks... Oh, your late for your ballet lessons"
"Oh, thanks for the heads up!... Now where did I put my tu-tu?

Fib:You may convince another their beliefs are wrong and try to make them join your side. They gain bonuses on their save as the bluff ability. This is usable 1/day/HD.

Example:
"George! They altered your view! They are the bad guys!"
"No way! How dare you try to trick me! GREAT CLEAVE!"
"You saved me... But... OH NO! They replaced you with a goblin! Kill your body!"
"OK! Take THIS me!!!"
"Perfect :smallamused:..."

Bend the Truth: You may convince others their entire way of thinking is wrong. They can be convinced to do most anything crazy. He gains a bonus on his save as the bluff ability if the reality you make is unbelievable. This is usable 1/Day/2HD

Example:
"You don't want to kill me..."
"I... I don't?"
"Not at all... You want to live out you dream..."
"What's that?"
"You want to be the first man to fly around the world! There's the cliff *point*! Fly... FLY!!!"
"I'm living the dreeeaaammmm... Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh... *splat*

Broken Reality: 1/day/5HD the Mind Gamer may convince the world it was wrong. He may say a mountain is not formed or gravity goes up. This lasts for 1 round per HD and afterward it goes back to normal.

Example:
"What's your name?"
"Carl..."
"Ohhh... Umm... Sorry... People named Carl die if they can see me..."
"Oh... By!... *Thud*"
A few rounds later...
"Wait... That's not true!"

Mind Games: You may not only convince others to help you, you may also convince them they've helped you his entire life. You may build a whole new set of memories which he believes to his dying breath. It takes a miracle or wish to fix him or a break enchantment spell. This ability is always considered unbelievable for the purposes of a bluff check. It lasts for a max of 1 day, and is usable 1/day/10HD.

Example:
"I'm going to kill you!!!"
"Wait... why?"
"You are evil!"
"No... You are... And your not a fighter... Your a dancer, that will never stop until he realizes his goal of preforming for the king..."
".................. Ya!!! Why won't he watch me? I can leap like a frog, and spin like a top!"
"You sure can... Well... Hope you see the king or whatever... I'm going to go kill that lady that is in no way your mother..."
"Okay, have fun!"
Possibly also add Search, open lock, and disable device as class skills too.
Maybe limit Broken reality to non-epic non-deific effects.

I'm Thinking you might want to add something Stating "White Lie, Fib, Bend the Truth, Broken Reality, and Mind Games all require the Mind Gamer to succeed on a bluff check agaisnt the target, subject to the usual modifiers based on the how believable the bluff is. If the the ability would affect multiple targets, it works or fails for each separately."
It seems you want it based on opposed checks, but it also says saves at points.