PDA

View Full Version : The Acquisitions Department (IC)

Pages : [1] 2

Admiral Squish
2010-11-13, 01:14 AM
Morgrave university. A beacon of knowledge shining from the tallest towers of the city, illuminating the forgotten secrets of the past. Or, that's what they have carved on the door in draconic runes, runes that curve along the high arched frame of the 20-foot-tall oaken double doors. This main entrance on the ground level is rarely used, considering the kind of neighborhood found on the ground level of sharn. But today, the huge gates are thrown open and a small crowd is gathering on the small landscape around the base of this massive structure. A motley gathering, all types are represented. Here, there's a half-elf with a longbow on his back examining a shrub, there, a lizardfolk with a massive iron-studded maul on his back chats idly with a grizzled halfling who wears the bony headgear traditional of the talenta plains. A pixie apparently is fascinated by the round metal plate that guards the entrance to the sewer.

Outside, the chatter fades into the sounds of the city, but inside the cavernous great hall, it only seems to amplify and reverberate. On the wall across from the door, there hangs a massive silver-and-purple banner portraying the coat of arms of Morgrave, a shield bearing the countenance of a massive silver dragon. It's apparently enchanted, as the dragon periodically shifts and surveys the crowd from it's two-dimensional perch. High above it, a huge mural on the ceiling portrays the founder of Morgrave's great adventures. And below the dragon is a small stage complete with a podium and a crystal held in a wire cage atop it. A number of humans, elves and dwarves in scholarly-looking robes sit in chairs along the back of the stage, some clearly quite old.

A nearby clock tower gongs it's bell, signaling fifteen minutes to noon. The posters and advertisements said to be in the great hall at noon if you desired to apply for the position. Reluctantly, a number of the strange ones outside the building shift themselves from their various states of relaxation and begin to migrate into the great hall, the huge room slowly filling as the hopeful employees gather.

The Antigamer
2010-11-13, 02:55 AM
A small, thin humanoid in a colorfully gaudy costume tilts his head slightly when he hears the gong tolling, and quickly moves to the finish of the story he's telling to a group on the lawn, an assorted mix of beings including a one-eyed, bald half-elf, a black warforged in a rec cloak, and a pudgy halfling with gleaming rings on his fingers.

"...so he came back from the watch again, saying they hadn't heard of any letter. Two days later my gnome friend delivered the final forged letter that said there was an official warrant out for his arrest due to his refusal to appear at the court. My friend said before he even finished the letter sweat was pouring off of him. He packed up his room and was gone on the next lightning rail! And that, sirs and madams, is how to not only get rid of malicious clerks, but how to gain the friendship of all his underlings in the bargain."

The being slaps a gloved hand to his thigh to emphasize the point, as the group chuckles jovially at his joke.

"And now, I'm afraid to say, I must be off! Have to be in the halls in ten minutes, don'cha know? Fair day to all, may none of you ever run out of breath, extended pleasantries, et cetera, et cetera."
The being gives a mockingly huge bow, stands straight, winks an eye in his make-uped face, and tumbles backwards towards the door, twisting and righting himself during the somersault so that he comes up facing the right direction, walking briskly, a mirthful smile on his face as he nods to people on his way to the hall.

The Puck was ready.

King Tius
2010-11-13, 11:28 AM
A woman in bright, glistening full plate stands talking quietly outside the door with a man in robes. Embroidered on his chest and the hems of his sleeves is the symbol of the Silver Flame. While the woman looks quite calm and collected (why, she is even smiling!) the man seems to be working himself into an increasingly angered state. The tail end of his tirade rises above the din of the gathered crowd...

"...they're ABOMINATIONS! You may whore yourself out to some flickering candle, but you do NOT serve the FLAME!"

The older man turns in a flurry of robes and marches into the building, away from the woman, turning his head indignantly in disgust as he passes a Shifter dressed in boiled leather with two axes strapped across his back.

Never losing her smile, the armored woman turns and strolls into the University, whistling quietly to herself and giving a polite nod to the same lycan-descended ranger.

Salbazier
2010-11-13, 11:36 AM
A beautiful young woman walk with firm steps into the hall. Her mannerism and clothing, which was looked both alluring and expensive, give clear signs of nobility. Many eyes turned to her as she passed.

The woman, Rozalia ir'Matreish, gazes at the people around her. She is not worrying about competition with other applicant and neither she is wondering on the nature of the test. Rather, what in her miind is how worthy other applicants are and whether or not she can works with them. She notices at least several promising personae, but first impression from a far simply offer too little for analysis.

She enters the great hall and choose a place near the door to wait (and observe).

Tacitus
2010-11-14, 03:33 AM
Relic

With a sigh the jackal-headed man leaned into the sun for the sixth time after speaking with as many people. He ran bony fingers over black fur and pulled on the flesh below as he glared at the warforged with whom he was speaking, "I may also be called Relic, but I'm flesh and blood, you blasted thing. Relic, in the ancient language of the Marru, not in the common tongue of the Five Kingdoms and beyond. Have you never heard of an ice breaker, Relic? For he love of the slumbering Marru, just call me Tejat. It will be as close as your limited mind can comprehend to the true language of the dreaming gods of life and sand. Bah!"

He tossed his hands up and though his robes had long since been free of the desert and washed many times over it still seemed to cling to bits of sand for just those few moments when it could release a few dozen grains to emphasize a point. As the lean figure angrily muttered and made his way as far from the dimwitted warforged as was possible his robe billowed and revealed lithe muscle twined around long legs and near human hands with short claws from within his long sleeves. As he passed back into shadow his eyes glimmered with light for a half moment, each orb a pure pool of endless white. He'd had enough of this nonsense trying to get the plebeian masses to understand the simplest intricacies of his culture's nomenclature and was ready for this bloody test to begin.

And suddenly he was struck with the hope that his mind came up with the term bloody as one of frustration and not a true adjective to describe the test itself. He hadn't concocted a zyme for that.

Admiral Squish
2010-11-15, 02:23 PM
When the 12 o'clock bell sounded, the great hall was filled with hopefuls. It wasn't packed quite shoulder-to-shoulder, but it was quite a surprising turnout. The doors creaked closed on their own, shutting with a surprisingly loud bang. The chatter of the assembled only seemed to grow louder as it echoed and reverberated.

Then, from the side of the stage emerged two figures. One was an older man, with salt-and-pepper hair combed back into a ponytail. His face had a rugged appearance, with a small goatee and a number of small scars on his cheeks and jaw. He looked like a man who was, until recently, quite fit and able. Now, it was clear that his age no longer permitted that sort of thing. His posture was strong, though, and he had an aura of confidence to him as he strode along the stage to the podium, clad in the long, flowing purple-and-silver robes of the faculty.

Behind him strode a tall, slender dark elf. Her white hair was tied up in a long, flowing ponytail that started high on her head and descended, bound several times with leather straps, down to the small of her back. Her ears were long and pointed, and her cheeks bore white, geometric tattoos, traditional of the Xen'drik drow. She too was clad in the scholarly robes of the faculty if Morgrave, though she looked significantly less comfortable in them than the human.

The human stopped behind the podium and turned. The chatter died down as he cleared his throat into the amplification crystal. He took a moment to look over the assembled adventurers, his gray eyes clearly measuring each of those they contacted. Then he began to speak.

"Good afternoon. First of all, I would like to thank all of you for coming today. I see some of you I recognize, and I've probably heard some of your names before. But I would like to make it clear, firstly, that no matter what brings you here or who you are, you will be judged for the positions available solely on the ability you demonstrate today. That being said, I can assume that all of you know why you are gathered and since most of you seem to have come prepared, I will get right to the explanation of how you are to be tested."

With that, he paused and pulled a golden disk on a fine chain out of his pocket. It was about three inches across and the front of it bore the emblem of morgrave on it's front, finely etched into the metal. He held it up before the crowd like one would hold the trophy head of an enemy.

"These disks are your passing marks. About an hour ago, these disks were given to a number of students who were then sent into the sewers and instructed to avoid all contact. Two hours from now, they will come back to the surface and make their way to the school. Your task is to find them and take these from them before then. How you do that is up to you, but, seeing as these are our students, we would prefer if you didn't hurt them too badly. Then, simply bring back the disk and claim your position."

He paused and glanced at an illusion clock on the wall that read ten after noon, then back at the crowd.

"I believe that covers all the basics you need. The doors of the great hall will open in five minutes. Until then, any questions? He asked, looking over the assembled.

The Antigamer
2010-11-15, 02:36 PM
The Puck jumps on a table, and in a loud voice asks,
"Good sir, how many of these talismans were passed out?"

Admiral Squish
2010-11-15, 02:44 PM
The Puck jumps on a table, and in a loud voice asks,
"Good sir, how many of these talismans were passed out?"

"Eight were passed out, though I would honestly be surprised if all eight were brought in. I expect at least some of my students to prove too elusive to be caught so easily, and there's always the chance that some of the disks would be lost in the waterways." he replied.

The Antigamer
2010-11-15, 02:52 PM
Puck nods his head from his position on the table.
"Very good sir, and all we need is one disk to gain the position?"

Admiral Squish
2010-11-15, 03:16 PM
Puck nods his head from his position on the table.
"Very good sir, and all we need is one disk to gain the position?"

"Yes, one disk is all you need to make it in."

The Antigamer
2010-11-15, 03:24 PM
Sweeping an arm back, Puck bows from his table.
"Thank you monsieur, The Puck is off as soon as you open the door."
He hops down, and makes his way to the still closed doors, sliding smoothly around elbows and bodies.

Admiral Squish
2010-11-15, 05:22 PM
"A word of caution to you all, however. Don't underestimate the sewers. They are not a friendly or forgiving place." He adds. "I would think twice about wandering off alone."

King Tius
2010-11-15, 05:56 PM
The woman in the shining plate draws her sword and holds it aloft. She casts light upon its blade and it begins to give off a silvery light. She calls out in a loud, clear voice:

"LFG Have Tank/Heal need DPS!"

.....just kidding.....

"Now accepting applications for the Sewer Stewards!"

The Antigamer
2010-11-15, 06:05 PM
Puck slides right, ducks under the wings of a half-dragon, squeezes between to warforged with murmured apologies, and comes face to face with the armor-clad woman. He offers here a mocking grin, and asks,
"And just who might you be madam?"

King Tius
2010-11-15, 06:09 PM
"Lania d'Orien, at your service" She keeps her sword held high, hoping to attract others. "Care to join me on a little sight-seeing down below? Mr.....?"

The Antigamer
2010-11-15, 06:21 PM
"Call me Puck. And I coincidentally need to go to the sewers today as well! Such wonderful timing, I do so hate wading through smelly waters on my own."
He leans forward conspiratorially,
"Tell me you're not one of those Flame Fanatics who can't stop saying the word abomination though," he says in a stage whisper. "The froth they produce from their mouth tends to smudge my makeup."

Salbazier
2010-11-15, 06:40 PM
Rozalia thought a moment about going with others to the sewer. I guess it will be a chance to check compability She scans the crowd, trying to decide with whom she should join. Before she have even a chance to dismiss anybody she saw the unique way the armored woman calling attention. She grins at that. Hmm, not a bad idea. She did notice when she gave a greeting to a lycan earlier. At least this will be interesting

She approaches the armored woman. "You have a interesting way to recruit people" she says to the woman.

King Tius
2010-11-15, 06:56 PM
Lania smiles coyly at Puck. "I follow the Flame in my heart, not the church. I like to think it is a part of me."

When Rozalia approaches, Lania gives her a polite nod. "It certainly got your attention, didn't it?"

The Antigamer
2010-11-15, 07:16 PM
Puck leans back and claps his hands.
"Splendid my dear, splendid!"
He turns as the newcomer approaches, and after Lania responds, he adds,
"Would you like to join us on a leisurely stroll through the scented gardens beneath the city?"

Tacitus
2010-11-15, 08:39 PM
Relic

The jackal-headed scholar's ears twitch as he approaches the woman in shining plate, his gaze suddenly drawn to Puck. His eyes flash a gleaming white that lingers as he slides up behind the puppet with far less sound than should be made in his billowing robes, "I would be surprised to learn you can smell. You were built, were you not? But you are lively and animated, not dull and passive." A wheezing laugh oddly reminiscent of a hyena rather than the jackal his face and fur bring to mind, "No, I pry to much. Apologies, Puck was it? If you would all permit me I would follow your lead. I'm no good in dark spaces on my own, the energy of the arcane taxing my dusty old body. But my ears, ah, my ears, I'll hear anything and everything there is to hear."

The Antigamer
2010-11-15, 09:10 PM
The Puck starts at the jackal-man's words. Eyes shifting from side to side, he says,
"Hearing is a very useful skill I'm sure. As for the other things...let's just say I'm an animated individual."

Salbazier
2010-11-16, 03:39 AM
When Rozalia approaches, Lania gives her a polite nod. "It certainly got your attention, didn't it?"

Smiling, Rozalia answers. "Yes, it certainly did"

He turns as the newcomer approaches, and after Lania responds, he adds,
"Would you like to join us on a leisurely stroll through the scented gardens beneath the city?"

"With pleasant companies such as yours? Certainly. My Name is Rozalia ir'Matreish" she introduces herself with rather formal gesture.

MammonAzrael
2010-11-16, 05:57 AM
Dethir

In the corner of the great hall stood a giant of a man, listening to the announcement of the test from the rear, as he had no trouble watching over the heads of nearly every other applicant. Nodding solemnly to himself as the representatives of Morgrave finished their speech, his gleaming golden eyes swept over the crowd, judging their reactions, trying to gauge who he would be competing against. And if there were any that wouldn't betray a partner with a knife in the back if it came down to less medals than comrades.

He was about to turn towards the sewers in disappointment as a young woman called out in clear, clean voice. The way she stood, the confidence and honesty in her cry for allies, her hair shining from the light of her sword...No...Delanna has been gone now for 3 years now. My sister is at peace. Though perhaps she lights my way now.

His decision made, he strides swiftly through the dispersing crowds towards the group gathering around her.

"The world will tell you all its secrets provided you listen to it's guiding whispers," he says with a smile as he catches the last of the conversation. "My name Dethir, and I would join you all in this test laid before us."

The Antigamer
2010-11-16, 06:09 AM
The Puck glances back and forth at the diverse beings who have gathered around the woman with the glowing sword.
"Quite a group we have here, yes indeed, we better head off to the sewers quickly before we get more members than medallions. We can further introductions while running to the nearest sewer opening."

King Tius
2010-11-16, 07:36 AM
Lania lowers her sword, a look of satisfaction on her face. "I agree; let's be off. Most of this lot will likely rush towards the first open grate they can find. Perhaps we'd be better suited if we moved away from the pack." She begins to move towards the door as she speaks.

Salbazier
2010-11-16, 09:05 AM
Rozalia glances at the jackal-person and the large man. Not a bad group for, I suppose. Looks like I can enjoy this. She moves along the group toward one of the doors. Inside, she can feel excitement building up, but she keep in check and maintain a calm demeanor.

Admiral Squish
2010-11-16, 12:30 PM
The salt-and-pepper human nods and looks over the group once more as the bell begins to toll. "Well, then, if there are no more questions, let the games begin!" He exclaimed. With that, the doors swung open, and like a roaring surf, adventurers surged from the gap, whooping battle-cries and shouting directions to one another over the din. The vast majority did exactly as predicted, and swarmed around the small, circular sewer gate in the front walk, elbowing and shoving to get ahead of one-another, clogging the narrow gate with bodies.

A few of the crowd dispersed to the sides, seeking less competitive entrances to the city's underbelly. Nearby the surging throng stood an enterprising student with a portable table covered with a number of alchemical devices and other gear, probably making a killing by selling to the unprepared. Fresh-breath masks, alchemist's fire, frost, and spark, vials of acid, ropes, sunrods...

The Antigamer
2010-11-16, 01:18 PM
Knowledge(Local) to remember alternate sewer entrances [roll0]
Any animals about?

King Tius
2010-11-16, 01:49 PM
Lania breaks into a run (albeit a slow one), turning her head as she trots down a side street.

"Let's get a move on! Perhaps we can get a jump on some unsuspecting students down a side passage."

She leads the group two blocks away from the "main" sewer entrance (or as far as she needs to in order to get a sewer grate all to themselves). If necessary, she'll use her sword as a makeshift crowbar to pry up the sewer cover.

Strength Check: [roll0]

Once the way is clear, she will take point, her shining sword guiding the way.
(my light spell lasts 50 minutes, so we should be good)

EDIT: Unless of course Puck knows a better way to go, in which case she follows him.

The Antigamer
2010-11-16, 01:53 PM
Puck runs alongside Lania, and when they reach a grate, he lets her and the giant man move the grate, hopping in after Lania with a murmured "Ally-oop!"

MammonAzrael
2010-11-16, 07:07 PM
Dethir

Dethir jogs alongside his new companions easily, keeping an eye out for an entrance less crowded than those near the great hall.

"We may want to continue for more than a few blocks before descending. The sewers will undoubtedly be more difficult to navigate than the streets, and the students will most assuredly have a head start. We may gain an advantage from moving above ground for several more streets before beginning our search."

When they do stop at their chosen entry point, he gently lays a hand on Lania's shoulder as she moves to use her sword to leverage the grate. He pulls a crowbar from his pack to use instead.

Salbazier
2010-11-16, 08:23 PM
Once the grate opened, Rozalia jump in right after Lania. "What a beautiful garden. Now, how do we find those students? Running blindly trough this place?" Confident as she was, she have to admit that finding something in a dark sewer is not exactly her strong point.

Tacitus
2010-11-17, 05:19 AM
Relic

Though he still has some objections to rooting around in a sewer, Relic climbs on down with his eyes glowing ever so slightly as he scans around the sewer to try and get his bearings, examining the construction and creating a general idea of what the layout might look like in his head. His head tilted to one side as he ponders and his ears twitch at every little sound as though focusing on even the faintest breath before moving on.

Hmm... Knowledge Arch/Engineering or Dungeoneering (both +11) check for some insight to a general layout and maybe good hiding spots for students? [roll0]

Also, Listen check? [roll1]
Furthermore, counting number of heartbeats/living-construct-sounds (ie presence within 30ft).

The Antigamer
2010-11-17, 05:23 AM
Survival check to notice any signs of students, or other, having passed this way. [roll0]

King Tius
2010-11-17, 07:37 AM
Lania stands quietly for a moment while the others try and figure out which way to go. She uses her sword to provide them light as best she can.

Salbazier
2010-11-17, 02:23 PM
I guess I'll help with the checks

Trying to notice any signs of someone/something

Spot check:[roll0]
Listen check:[roll1]
Survival check:[roll2]
Search check:[roll3]

Admiral Squish
2010-11-17, 02:54 PM
Once the grate is open, you find yourselves looking down a dark shaft of stone. The side is studded with iron bars to form a ladder of sort. As you descend, you find yourselves in the sewer proper. The first thing you notice is an overpowering stench that almost makes your eyes water when you first encounter it. The tunnels that make up the sewer are about twenty feet across. Two five-foot-wide raised walkways on the sides of a ten-foot channel that flows slowly between them. Strange things bob in the dark current, dark shapes and bits of debris coated with grime. The walkways themselves are similarly coated with grime, and the walls are slimy to the touch. The peak of the arched passage is about ten feet above your heads, centered over the channel in the center. The passages echo and distort sound, amplifying the sound of running water many times over.

Relic:
While you knowledge does turn up a number of facts and trivia about the construction and design of sewers, nothing present here gives you any clue as to the proximity of any of the structures in your mind.

Your sensitive ears, meanwhile, pick up a number of sounds. The rushing sewer water is the loudest. But as you block that out, you can pick out the pulse of each of your companions, though Puck remains silent as ever. However, another sound catches your notice, even fainter then their heartbeats. A crackling, popping sound in the distance, almost obscured by the sounds of the echoing water.

Puck:
You don't see much of interest here, though you can see the usual markings of a sewer. Specifically, rat droppings. Lots and lots of rat droppings.

Rozalia:
Once your eyes adjust the darkness, you can see that the floor is positively covered with rat droppings. It basically appears to be just like any normal sewer.

The Antigamer
2010-11-17, 04:46 PM
The Puck gives a low whistle, and produces squeaking sounds that sound exactly like a rat. He reaches into his pack and pulls out some trail rations.
If you can speak rat:
"Calloo, callay, come out and play! Uncle Puck has got some food for whoever can give me some information! "

Handle animal check if you want it Admiral: [roll0]

Tacitus
2010-11-17, 04:54 PM
Relic

Though he did not entirely close his eyes, the lids slid low over the faintly glowing orbs as he moves towards the source of the sound, or at least in the direction he estimates it was from. He glances to the others and puts a finger to his thin lips to call for silence as he tries to catch some sound again.

Mmm... what kind of crackling and popping? Like bones being stepped on, electrical, fire?

Knowledges? [roll0]
Arcana is +14, A&E/Dungeoneering is +11, all others are +7, use whatever knowledge skills fit best, I suppose.

Oh, and if you need an Int check for following the sound, [roll1]

Salbazier
2010-11-17, 05:16 PM
Not noticing anything but rat droppings, Rozalia can only watch as Puck and Tejat is trying to look for something to guide them. She remains vigilant in case there are some beast lurking too near to the ground.

Admiral Squish
2010-11-17, 05:32 PM
Relic:
More like a fire. It wasn't a raging inferno, either, it sounded more like a smallish one. The sound was definitely coming from the right-hand direction.

Puck:
While there is an abundance of rat marks, and they're probably relatively nearby, there aren't any rats in the immediate area.

The Antigamer
2010-11-17, 06:12 PM
Puck clucks his tongue in frustration, and puts away the rations. Quietly to the others, so as not to disturb the jackal-man, Puck says,
"Well, there's no tracks to follow, and no animals nearby. I vote we just pick a direction and start walking until we find a lead."

MammonAzrael
2010-11-17, 06:36 PM
Dethir

Dethir shrugs at Puck's suggestion, "I don't see any other options before us, unless Relic happens to hear something. And either way, I doubt the students we are looking for would have remained so close to any openings."

Glancing from the from the area of light surrounding them and into the darkness beyond, he shakes his head and says quietly, "Unfortunately, I have no knowledge of sewer design. Do any of you have an idea of the path that will lead us deeper into this warren of tunnels?"

[roll0]
To see if Dethir notices anything.

Tacitus
2010-11-17, 08:11 PM
Relic

The jackal headed scholar pulls back towards the group and leans towards them almost conspiratorially as he gestures in the direction he heard the fire, "A fire, and a small one. Torch, I would say, maybe a campfire at best. Come." And he starts off in that direction, listening intently all the while.

Yay listens! [roll0]

Salbazier
2010-11-17, 11:03 PM
"One of student, other applicants, or just a stranger who have nothing to do with the test. Either way it is something" She walks straight into the direction Relic pointed at

Another perception check, just in case

[roll0]spot
[roll1]listen

The Antigamer
2010-11-17, 11:09 PM
Puck shrugs his shoulders, and follows the others.

King Tius
2010-11-18, 08:23 AM
Lania also heads in that direction, though she keeps her glowing sword low to the ground. "If they've a fire we may be able to surprise them. I've no skill at sneaking, but perhaps one of you wants to slink ahead and investigate?"

MammonAzrael
2010-11-18, 01:14 PM
Dethir

"I agree," Dethir says softly, preventing his voice from carrying far above the sound of echoing water. "If we can get the jump on them, so much the better. Lania, can you dim your sword? Otherwise it may need to be sheathed before we get much closer to this fire. Does anyone else need the light to see in the darkness?"

He keeps up with the group while admitting, "I am not very skilled at stealth myself, so any scouting would have to be done by another."

Admiral Squish
2010-11-18, 04:55 PM
As you progress through the passage, most of you can make out the sounds of a small fire now, though it's still quite distorted. Up ahead, the darkened tunnel sharply turns, and you can vaguely see a flickering light projected on the wall, coming from beyond the corner.

Lania, Relic, Rozalia:
In addition to the sound of the fire, now that your ears are used to the watery roar, you can begin to make out, albeit faintly, the sounds of squeaking and chittering from up ahead.

Salbazier
2010-11-18, 05:07 PM
"Are those sounds rats?" She asks Puck in low voice.

The Antigamer
2010-11-18, 05:21 PM
Puck looks at the woman quizzically.
"What sounds?"

Salbazier
2010-11-18, 05:28 PM
"You did'nt hear it? There is a squeaking and chittering sound from ahead. Probably near the fire."

The Antigamer
2010-11-18, 05:29 PM
Puck cups a hand to his ear, and strains to hear the sound.
Listen [roll0]
If Rozalia's pointing out the sound counts as aiding another, add two to that :smalltongue:

Salbazier
2010-11-18, 05:32 PM
Rolling aid another, just in case
[roll0]
meh, it didn't work when I'm the one rolling :smallannoyed:

The Antigamer
2010-11-18, 06:00 PM
The Puck shakes his head.
"I'm not hearing anything but the water and fire I'm afraid. If I do hear something, I'll let you know."
He resumes walking towards the fire sounds.

MammonAzrael
2010-11-18, 06:35 PM
Dethir

Dethir shakes his head. "I hear no chittering ahead...can anyone get closer safely?"

Tacitus
2010-11-18, 07:28 PM
Relic

The jackal laughs in a low wheeze, "I will go on ahead and take anyone who would follow." He waits for a moment and then stalks off into the darkness.

So I'm not sure if I ever stated it, but can we assume he tossed up Extended (by a Lesser Rod) Mage Armor before dropping into the sewer, or shortly thereafter? If not, thats fine, but I suddenly remembered I hadn't mentioned it and its not in my stat block. With the rod its an 8 hour duration, but he wouldn't have had it up wandering around a known part of town at a more or less public event.

Anywho, Move Silently: [roll0]
Hide if needed: [roll1]

And more Listens: [roll2]

Salbazier
2010-11-18, 09:01 PM
Rozalia looks at Dethir. "If you mean sneakily, that's is not my forte. But I doubt I will be unsafe." She moves forward to the source of light.

Move silently: [roll0] not that she was trying much.

perhaps I better stick to spot: [roll1]

King Tius
2010-11-18, 10:49 PM
Lania sheathes her sword till it is just giving off a candle's worth of light.

"Perhaps I will approach from the other walkway. It will give us an advantage against whatever's up there."

Unless it seems like an incredibly dangerous idea, Lania will cross to the other path and make her approach, not bothering to try and hide.

Admiral Squish
2010-11-19, 02:41 AM
As you round the corner, you can see it. There's a space up ahead, where the tunnel widens around the channel. There's what looks like a campfire roaring near the entrance to a ramshackle hut of scavenged wood and metal. You can't tell it's a campfire honestly, because there's a figure seated between you and the flames. It looks about the size of a halfling, but the details are obscured by the layers of filthy rags it wears. One thing you do notice, however, in the flickering light, is that the entire widened section is blanketed with rats. There must be hundreds of them in the space, crawling over one another. Their chittering is a quiet, constant sound, except for the occasional sharp squeak. The hunched figure seems not to notice the vermin as they crawl all around him, some even climbing the dingy rags he wears. The figures seems to be absorbed in his task. You can't tell exactly what he's doing since he's between you and the fire and he's still some fifty feet off in the dim light.

The Antigamer
2010-11-19, 03:15 AM
DM
Can Puck understand the chittering?

Admiral Squish
2010-11-19, 03:24 AM
DM
Can Puck understand the chittering?
Puck:
There are a lot of competing voices, but most of them are chorusing "food" over and over.

The Antigamer
2010-11-19, 02:06 PM
Puck walks forward a few feet, and chitters at the rats.
Rat:
Greetings friends, I trade food for information.

Puck doesn't know it's a wererat, he figures there's enough squeaking going on that the figure won't notice one more.
Handle animal if applicable: [roll0]
Diplomacy if applicable: [roll1]

Admiral Squish
2010-11-19, 02:20 PM
Puck walks forward a few feet, and chitters at the rats.
Rat:
Greetings friends, I trade food for information.

Puck doesn't know it's a wererat, he figures there's enough squeaking going on that the figure won't notice one more.
Handle animal if applicable: [roll0]
Diplomacy if applicable: [roll1]

One of the rats near the edge of the churning mass of rats looks at you curiously and chitters.

Puck:
Food! Boss says food soon, needs cooking. Food now? Boss greedy, says he want first taste. Fresh pinkmeat for first time in long time!

The Antigamer
2010-11-19, 02:28 PM
If Puck could, he would have blanched at that. There were many animals who referred to humans as "pinkies."
Rat:
Ah, and Boss is cooking it? Very lucky you, how did you find pinkmeat?

He twists his head sideways, still keeping an eye on the rats, and barely whispers, knowing Relic's ears will hear him.
"They're cooking a human."

Tacitus
2010-11-20, 03:58 AM
Relic

Had Relic not lived in the desert and seen his people reduced to eating just about anything they could put their hands on he would have no doubt been sickened by the notion. He doesn't feel the need to share that particular bit of information with anybody else, but he seems quite prepared to act at a moment's notice.

Hmm... I want to Web, but with that fire there it may not be of much use for long.

Yeah, Ready Action (triggered on Hostile Actions from the figure or the rats) to Web the area, centered on the figure as much as possible without wasting too much of the area of effect. Cloudy Conjuration means I can drop a sickening cloud on any single 5ft space that lasts for 1 round, so I'll drop it on the hunched figure, whom would be Sickened for 1 round unless immune to poison.

Admiral Squish
2010-11-21, 07:57 PM
The rat starts to squeak a response when a raspy voice emerges from the rat-garbed figure. "It came to us! Not to you! You can't have any!" The figure almost snarled, rising to it's feet. As it shifts, you catch sight of the purple robes of a Morgrave student dangling over the fire. The figure then whirls on it's heel, pulling a hook-like blade from the folds of it's rags and baring it's teeth. The figure stand just shy of four feet, all told, and it's posture is hunched and feral. It's face is long and rodentine, covered in black fur, patches of it torn out. It's clawed hands and it's furry face are the only thing visible from under the rags that drape over it's body. It squeals something sharp and angry, and the rats suddenly stop their idle ambling and gather together into tight packs, turning to face the intruders, a horde of tiny, beady eyes glaring in fury.

Puck:
The squeal translates roughly to 'kill them! More pinkmeat!'

Keld Denar
2010-11-21, 08:19 PM
Combat Round 1

Round summary
No surprise round.

Map
http://i54.tinypic.com/2eob5h2.jpg
Please place yourselves on a tile numbered 1-5 prior to moving, first come, first serve.
R is the hunched rat-like figure, S is a large swarm of very small, very hungry rats.

Init:
Relic, Dethir (any order)
Bad GuysTM
Rozalia, The Puck, Lania, Tejat, Dethir (any order)
Bad GuysTM
etc...

Tacitus
2010-11-21, 09:09 PM
Tejat Calx, aka Relic
LN Marrutact Conjurer Level 5, Init +7
Perception +2 Spot, +15 Listen (Discriminating Hearing, Darkvision 60ft)
HP 30/30
Speed 30ft(L)
AC 15+4, Touch 13 (+4vsIncoporeal), Flat-footed 12+4
Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +9
BAB/Grapple +4/+5
Abilities Str 12, Dex 16, Con 15, Int 22, Wis 14, Cha 15
Buffs Mage Armor [8 hours]
Condition -
Resistances SR 19, ER 2 (Fire), ER 5 (Desiccation)
Immunities Natural Dehydration (Can drink mouthful of water to end Magical dehydration)
Racial Darkvision 60ft, Discriminating Hearing (kinda like scent, but for ears), Ancient Scholar (+11), Howl of Healing (Free Action, 10 healing to allies within 30, additional 5hp for those within 10) [1/1], Half Water per day
Class Immediate Magic (Abrupt Jaunt) [6/6]

The marruspawn narrows his slightly glowing eyes and then begins to stride forward, lips peeled back from sharp teeth as he barks out a harsh string of eldritch syllables to call forth a sticky mass of temporary matter from the ether to mix with a bit of spidersilk from one of his spell component pouches. With a flick of the wrist a dagger appears in his hand as he ends the casting with a final proclamation, the white webs exploding into being throughout the sewer.

Move from Square 3 to V3 as a Move Action. I'm fairly certain allies do not hamper movement unless charging, which I'm not. Draw Dagger as part of the move action.

Standard Action to Web.
If I can I'd like to center the 20ft Radius Spread at the intersection of the lines between N/0 and 6/7 at the ground level of the walkway.
Medium range, so no worries about not being close enough. XD
As it is a 20ft Radius it has diametrically opposed points connecting it that span the entire room.
Unless my mental mapping of the area is wrong I think I should be able to get all of the visible foes stuck inside it and still have an open space for someone to melee the humanoid.

Reflex DC is 18

Re-reading Cloudy Conjuration it says 5ft radius on self or adjacent to self or on target or adjacent to target. So if I'm centering the Web over the water that means I probably have to target it there or near myself, unless I'm still misinerpreting.
So if I can't drop it anywhere in my conjuration (I'd drop it so it'd affect the humanoid if so) then just adjacent to the center so it would cover the lower left section of the swarm, which is Sickened without a save unless immune to poison if that can even affect swarms at all (I don't know, don't look at Swarms enough).

After the OOC, N/O 3/4

MammonAzrael
2010-11-23, 02:24 AM
DethirDethir Cloudsong (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=253093)
LG Lesser Aasimar Samurai (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4274953) Level 5, Init +12
Perception +15 Spot, +7 Listen
HP 47/47
Speed 30ft(L)
AC 21, Touch 15, Flat-footed 16
Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +10
Resist Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5
BAB/Grapple +5/+9
Abilities Str 18, Dex 16, Con 17, Int 12, Wis 20, Cha 15
Condition -
Stance Absolute Steel (+10' enhancement to speed, +2 dodge to AC if moved 10'/round)
Maneuvers Readed Crusader's Strike, Emerald Razor, Foehammer, Iron Heart Surge
Item Anklet of Translocation [2/2 d], Healing Belt [3/3 d]
Other Effects -

Dethir's eyes widen at the sight of the poor student roasting in the flames, turning from pity to anger at the filthy creature before them. He moves forward with purpose, pulling a thick bow from his back, the stave of it remarkable thick, and notches an arrow to the string. As he moves in front of his new ally, blocking the creature's path to his companion, he raises the bow, aims, and looses in a single fluid motion.

Move Action Move from square Z5 to square T3
Free Action Draw Composite Longbow during the move
Standard Action Loose an arrow at the ragged halfling

[roll0]
[roll1]

Keld Denar
2010-11-23, 03:12 AM
Combat Round 2

Dethir steps forward and fires an arrow at the creature. Not expecting such a quick response, it reals a bit as the arrow slashes it's fur. Hissing, it assess the damage quickly, acknowledging the wound as barely a scratch.

The web surrounds the creature but fail to stick to its glossy fur. With agile dexterity, the creature wriggles free while skittering loudly. Snarling, it leaps forward slashing fiercely at Dethir with his knife, but its blade fails to bite flesh.

The rats surge out from the web, biting strands and climbing over each other in a frenzy to bite the newcomers. Rats leap onto Dethir, biting him through chinks in his armor. Relic hears more skittering from behind him, turning just in time to see rats leap from holes in the wall onto his chest, clinging to his clothes and knawing at his flesh. The pain is intense, and his eyes blur momentarily with tears.

The Puck
From the skittering, you can make out a chorus of "Feast", "Devour", "Hold them", and "Attack!" Its impossible to tell the difference between the swarms of rats and the larger rat-like creature.

Round Summary

Dethir takes 1 damage from the swarm.

Relic takes 6 damage from the swarm and is nauseated (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#nauseated) for 1 round.

The arrow strikes the creature but does VERY negligable damage.

FYI, swarms are NOT difficult terrain, but they DO block charging.

Map - Updated
http://i56.tinypic.com/246njau.jpg

Rozalia, The Puck, and Lania, place yourselves in the remaining squares (1,2,5 open), and EVERYONE take 1 turn.

The Antigamer
2010-11-23, 03:34 AM
The Puck tumbles forward, squeaking frantically at the rats as he does so, to spring up on the level with the hunched creature.
Rat:
"Not pinkmeat! No food here, like a plated one, yuk!"
Diplomacy [roll0] or handle animal [roll1], whichever you prefer, if needed.

Once near the halfling, he chants in a sing-song voice, directing his smile at the being, while eyeing the purple-robed figure and ramshackle hut.

"If your ratty gets all scatty 'cos his coat is getting matty,
And he's acting kinda batty now he doesn't look so natty,
If he starts to get all chatty, and to voice pratty demands,
Then beware! You've got a bratty tatty ratty on your hands!"

His painted-on smile beams at the halfling.

Move: Tumble [roll2] to S-5
Standard: Hideous laughter at the wererat, DC 16 will save or prone for 5 rounds.
Free: Spot check the area west of him, looking for the golden medallion [roll3]

Salbazier
2010-11-23, 10:07 AM
Cursing inwardly for reacting late, Rozalia concentrates to drwas he arcane arsenal. several glowing runes appears and circling her body together with a flow of arcane energy. She raises her hand and another set of runes appears around it. In a blink of an eye she disappear and reappeared behind the rat-man, with a dagger in her hand that she immediately use to stab to the creature.

As I said before, Rozalia start in square 1

Swift Action: Cant Blinkplate (http://wiki.faxcelestis.net/index.php?title=Blinkplate)
Standard Action: Attack - Cant Blink Dagger (http://wiki.faxcelestis.net/index.php?title=Blink_Dagger): Teleport to R3 and attack the wererat with a +1 dagger
Atk Roll
Dmg Roll[roll1d4+6

whenever Rozalia get an attack she will solidfy blinkplate while she had it last

If the swarm provoke AoO from me, I'll hit with Quickblade (http://wiki.faxcelestis.net/index.php?title=Quickblade) So I can get the benefit of haste in my next turn.

Statblock:
Rozalia ir'Matreish (http://www.dndsheets.net/view.php?id=9749)
TN Swordmage (http://wiki.faxcelestis.net/index.php?title=Swordmage)Level 5, Init +3
Perception +8 Spot, +5 Listen
HP 41/41
Speed 30ft(L)
AC 17, Touch 13, Flat-footed 14
Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5
BAB/Grapple (normal) +5/+5
Abilities Str 13, Dex 16, Con 16, Int 15, Wis 13, Cha 21
Condition -
Incantation Prepared 0th- Composite Longbow, Guisarme, Greatsword, Spear; 1st- Charged Arcana, Critical Point, Blinkplate; 2nd- Blink Dagger, Megaton Hammer, Bleed out; 3rd- Silence Glaive, Quickblade
Item Mage armor (continuous); Teleport 10 ft 2/d as swift action (command)
Other Effects Blinkplate (http://wiki.faxcelestis.net/index.php?title=Blinkplate)(+8 armor bonus, net increase to AC by 4 (21);6 times; 5 rounds)

All canted weapon is at least +1;

King Tius
2010-11-23, 10:17 AM
"I wish I had been born a mage!"

OOC: I guess I'm stuck at position 5?

Dropping her glowing sword on the ground to provide illumination, Lania draws her heavy mace and moves to W5, ready to smash and bash the rats should they come towards her and give her an AoO. She also attacks! (see OOC).

AoO if you need it:
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

MammonAzrael
2010-11-23, 02:48 PM
DethirDethir Cloudsong (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=253093)
LG Lesser Aasimar Samurai (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4274953) Level 5, Init +12
HP 46/47
Speed 20ft(L)
AC 19, Touch 13, Flat-footed 16
BAB/Grapple +5/+9
Condition -
Stance Bolstering Voice (Allies in 60' and can hear get +2 morale bonus to will saves, or +4 against fear effects)
Other Effects -

"Blasted thing was barely scratched! Watch out, it appears to be unnaturally tough!" Dethir curses as several rats bite him in uncomfortable places. "Persevere and we will avenge that poor student!" Dropping his clearly ineffective bow, he draws his family weapon, a huge sword carrying an air of age and history, still well cared for and gleaming. With a yell he brings it down swiftly upon the miserable figure trying to stab him, with a powerful intent to cause as much damage as possible.

Swift Action Switch stance to Bolstering Voice
Free Action Drop composite longbow
Move Action Draw greatsword
Standard Action Attack ragged halfling with Foehammer

[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2] + [roll3] = 23 damage
Note - Foehammer overcomes opponents damage reduction (ToB pg 59)

Tacitus
2010-11-24, 04:51 AM
Tejat Calx, aka Relic
HP 24/30
Speed 30ft(L)
Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +9
BAB/Grapple +4/+5
Condition -
Immunities Natural Dehydration (Can drink mouthful of water to end Magical dehydration)
Racial Darkvision 60ft, Discriminating Hearing (kinda like scent, but for ears), Ancient Scholar (+11), Howl of Healing (Free Action, 10 healing to allies within 30, additional 5hp for those within 10) [1/1], Half Water per day
Class Immediate Magic (Abrupt Jaunt) [5/6]

Flailing like a madman, the jackal headed scholar stumbles away from the swarm of rats. The almost falls into the murky waters and then flees for the relative safety of his own web, yelling back to his compatriots about silver and the rude places it should be violently inserted.

Move to 5R, yes, into the Web, assuming the whole thing isn't going up in flames.
Reflex: [roll0]
If I can, to 5Q, obviously pending the above Reflex save vs my own DC 18.

Keld Denar
2010-11-24, 09:53 PM
Combat Round 3

The campfire roars to life, the new fuel from the webs causing to to spread quickly. With a roar of heat, the flames surge outward, making it uncomfortable to be around.

Flailing as best he can, Relic runs straight into the web. He escapes the rats for the moment, but manages to plant himself squarely in the middle of his own web.

Lania steps forward, brandishing her mace. Swatting downwards, she fails to crush any of the little beasties which promptly scatter away from the impact.

Rozalia turns slightly, disappearing and reappearing behind the wererat. Her dagger penetrates through its lightly armored back. Grinning in success, she yanks the dagger from the wound, yet no blood flows.

Dethir lashes out viciously, the conviction burning in his eyes. Just before the blade would surely take off it's head, the wererat ducks, counting with a frenzy of knife and bite attacks.

A manicacle glint in it's eye from the firelight, the creature dances around Dethir, slashing at him furiously with its knife while biting with its long jaws. Fortunately for him, the blade skips off his armor (leaving a slight char mark) and the bite falls short.

Finally, the rats swarm up again. One group moves down and follows Relic and the Puck, while the other leaps hungrily on Dethir.
Round summary

Relic takes 5 damage and is nausiated (again) and entangled in his own web.

The Puck takes 5 damage.

Dethir takes 1 damage.

The wererat attacks Dethir twice, but misses. Dethir's attack misses even with flanking bonuses, and while Rozalia's attack hit, it fails to deal damage. Lania's attack missed.

Map
http://i51.tinypic.com/2i0wyrr.jpg

Everyone's turn.

The Antigamer
2010-11-24, 10:38 PM
The Puck fails to stifle his chuckles as Relic goes running past him and into his own web. Sidestepping to the right, he twirls his Naginata and stabs it at the wererat.
"I do say folks, we're in a bit of a pickle it seems," he says merrily.

Move to T-5 and attack the rat. Giving up 1d6 subdual damage to use befuddlement on the wererat. If it makes a will save DC 17, Dethir is considered invisible to him, and the next time he gets a critical the critical is cancelled. (I'd post the precise wording, but it's hard on a phone. You can check my sheet at the bottom)
Attack (counting flanking bonus): [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] + ([roll2] non-lethal)

Salbazier
2010-11-26, 06:03 AM
Slightly annoyed with the fact that the wererat is almost unhurt by every attacks at it so far, Rozalia take steps forward while drawing on a more powerful weapon. As she swings her arms, a giant mace appear on her grip with a glowing light.

Move to S3

Attack with megaton hammer (http://wiki.faxcelestis.net/index.php?title=Megaton_Hammer)
atk roll [roll0]
dmg [roll1]
Fort save DC 18 to avoid staggered for 1 round

-1 AC for 1 round (for me)

EDIT:
Wait, wait. I made a mistake. The damage was supposed to be 1d12+7 (+1 from incantation focus) so, I deal 11 damage before DR
Statblock:
TN Swordmage (http://wiki.faxcelestis.net/index.php?title=Swordmage)Level 5, Init +3
HP 41/41
Speed 30ft(L)
AC 16, Touch 12, Flat-footed 13
Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5
Condition -
Incantation Prepared 0th- Composite Longbow, Guisarme, Greatsword, Spear; 1st- Charged Arcana, Critical Point, Blinkplate; 2nd- Blink Dagger, Megaton Hammer, Bleed out; 3rd- Silence Glaive, Quickblade
Other Effects Blinkplate (http://wiki.faxcelestis.net/index.php?title=Blinkplate)(+8 armor bonus, net increase to AC by 4 (20);6 times; 4 rounds)'; -1 to AC for 1 round (accouted in AC above)

King Tius
2010-11-26, 12:57 PM
Lania curses under her breath before taking advantage of the little breathing room she has. Drawing upon the fire inside her, she casts magic weapon on her mace and moves forward to T5, hoping for an Attack of Opportunity against any rats that come after her.

Tacitus
2010-11-26, 01:26 PM
I have no Actions to take, as it would take a full round to break the web and I'm nauseated.

I'm guessing there was no point at which to attempt another Abrupt Jaunt? 3Q, if so, likely still entangled or Ref: [roll0] And yes, he's staying the the web for a reason. He has ER 2 for Fire, the rats (hopefully) don't. XD
On that same note, could I use free actions while nauseated? >.>

Otherwise I'm just stuck until I can get a standard action again.

The above was from the OOC, the Ref was a 20 if needed, and the question on Free Actions was regarding the Marrutact's Howl of Healing.

Side note, best use of a silver holy symbol ever is the Improvised Weapon against lycanthropes. *nods*

"Silver, by the Marru's will, silver you uneducated swine! Have none of you at least a dagger of silver? Who ever heard of a silver flame without an ounce of silver? Not even your holy symbol?!?"

King Tius
2010-11-26, 02:29 PM
"My sword is silver, but it's no use against all these rats!"

MammonAzrael
2010-11-26, 04:14 PM
HP 45/47
Speed 20ft(L)
BAB/Grapple +5/+9
Condition -
Stance Bolstering Voice (Allies in 60' and can hear get +2 morale bonus to will saves, or +4 against fear effects)
Other Effects -

Dethir narrows his eyes as the creature dodges his blow by the hair on it's back, nimbly avoiding the return strikes. Taking advantage of the creatures unhinged ferocity, he aims a blow at an are the creature left unprotected and vulnerable. "If silver is truly the things weakness then stand tall and strike true! Rozalia has given you the perfect opening!" With his words he steps to the side, kicking swarming rats out of his way, to gain a little more breathing space.

Standard Action Attack ragged halfling with Emerald Razor

[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2] = 22 damage
Note - Emerald Razor is a melee touch attack.
Move Action 5' step to U3

Salbazier
2010-11-26, 07:14 PM
All of my weapons are arcane power! I didn't prepare any silver-like weapons! teaches me something about running in the sewers

Keld Denar
2010-11-26, 09:13 PM
Combat Round 4
Fire crackles as the web continues to burn. The fire spreads to the hovel of the creature, lighting the wood and other debris on fire. Casting a backwards glance at its home, the wererat attacks with renewed frenzy.

Rozalia swings both hands over her head, a large hammer of shimmering energy manifesting between her gripped fists. The hammer strikes the wererat, but barely phases it as it focuses on Dethir.

Dethir's blow cuts deeply into the wererat. It hisses in pain and attacks him again as it backs away. Its small dagger punches through his armor while its jaws catch an exposed side of his thigh. Its teeth would have sunk in deeper, had one of the metal plates not been designed as strong as it was.

The Puck tries in vain to strike the wererat, but it proves MUCH too agile as it dances repeatedly away from his blows.

Lania's weapon starts to glow as Tejat blinks through the web yet again.

The rats surrounding Dethir climb higher on his metal armor, biting his thighs and calves. Some of them leap from Dethir onto Lania, biting her as well. The other rats, seeing Rozalia move into thier midst immediately throw themselves upon her body, clawing and biting with all their little furry might. The pain of the assault causes Rozalia to falter a step, explosions of intense pain nearly making her retch.

Round Summary

Dethir takes 6 damage from the swarm.

Lania takes 6 damage from the swarm.

Dethir takes 7 damage combined from a bite and kukiri attack.

Rozalia takes 3 damage from the swarm and is nausiated next round.

Map
http://i51.tinypic.com/1dzn8p.jpg

Your turn.

EDIT: Fixed Lania's location and updated summary.

Salbazier
2010-11-26, 10:10 PM
"Disgusting Creatures!"

MammonAzrael
2010-11-26, 10:33 PM
HP 32/47
Speed 30ft(L)
BAB/Grapple +5/+9
Condition -
Stance Absolute Steel (+10' enhancement to speed, +2 dodge to AC if moved 10'/round)
Other Effects -

Dethir grunts in pain as the halfing and it's pet rats find several tender places and take a few good chucks with them. He pauses for but a moment, repositioning himself, before pursuing the foul little things through the horde of rats, roaring with fury, looming over the small beast.

Swift Action Switch stances to Absolute Steel Stance
Move Action Move to R4 (through S3, avoiding any AoO)
Standard Action Demoralize (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/intimidate.htm) ragged halfling to refresh Emerald Razor

[roll0]

Tacitus
2010-11-26, 10:47 PM
Relic
HP 19/30
Speed 30ft(L)
Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +9
BAB/Grapple +4/+5
Condition -
Class Immediate Magic (Abrupt Jaunt) [4/6]

With the flames growing closer Relic speaks a word of power and the webs dismiss back into the ether from which they came. He slowly backs away through the embers falling all around, though the slight increase in heat is almost imperceptible to his weathered hide.

Standard: Dismiss the Web
Move: N5

King Tius
2010-11-26, 10:47 PM
With her weapon now magically infused, Lania tries to bash away at the swarming rats.

Salbazier
2010-11-26, 10:54 PM
Shruggin off the rats, Rozalia moves to where she can focus for her next attack.

Move to O4 I mean P5 sorry

EDIT: wrong square

The Antigamer
2010-11-27, 09:42 PM
Puck again trys to slash the wererat with his Naginata.

Giving up 1d6 subdual damage to use befuddlement on the wererat. If it failss a will save DC 17, Dethir is considered invisible to him, and the next time he gets a critical the critical is cancelled.
Attack (counting flanking bonus and layline bonus): [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] + ([roll2] non-lethal)

Keld Denar
2010-11-28, 12:48 AM
Combat Round 5
Visibly shaken by Dethir's roar, the wererat shrinks back a step. Unsure of whether or not it can defeat the massive man in front of it, it nonetheless counter attacks. Fortunately for the man, neither the knife nor the jaws manage to sink home.

Lania, renewed by fervor, smashes more rats as the continue to try to climb up her armor. She gets in another good shot as the rats reposition themselves.

The Puck also gets in a good shot as the swarm as it passes beneath his feet and up his legs. Unfortunately, his attack falls just short of hitting the wererat...again.

Relic drops his web spell and flees from the swarming rats, followed shortly by Rozalia.

Round Summary

Dethir, the Puck, and Lania all take 6 damage from swarming rat bites.

The Puck and Lania both hit with AoOs, but Dethir missed his vs the rats.

Wererat is shaken for 1 round.

Map
http://i55.tinypic.com/d46j5.jpg

Your turns.

Tacitus
2010-11-28, 01:59 AM
Relic
HP 19/30
Speed 30ft(L)
Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +9
BAB/Grapple +4/+5
Condition -

With a quick shift of his stance the jackal-headed mage rears back and then spits a word of power that floods forth from his lips and slams into the were-rat with an aura of terrible heat of the noonday sun. Steam rises from the creature even as the moisture within its body tries to bake out from its skin.

Standard: Cast Dessicate.
DC 18 Fortitude Save.
[roll0] Dessication Damage, or half on a successful save.
On a failed save the were-rat becomes Dehydrated, which is treated as Fatigue until treated for dehydration. (Requires magical care in the form of the Hydrate or Heal spells or Long Term Care from the heal skill and double water for 24 hours)

Salbazier
2010-11-28, 02:28 AM
After managed to free herself from the rats' distraction, Rozalia once again to step forward to strike the wererat. She raise her arms high. Another glowing runes appears, forming into an ornate glaive. Focusing all her fury, she swings it at the wererat.

Move to Q5

Power attack: -1 for +2 to dmg
Standard: Cant-Silence Glaive (http://wiki.faxcelestis.net/index.php?title=Silence_Glaive) to attack the wererat.
Attack[roll0] (count flanking)
Damage:[roll1]+[roll2]Sonic
DC 18 to avoid being Silenced (not that will do much good)
Negative level if critical

Statblock:
HP 38/41
Speed 30ft(L)
AC 21, Touch 13, Flat-footed 18
Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5
Condition
Other Effects Blinkplate (http://wiki.faxcelestis.net/index.php?title=Blinkplate)(+8 armor bonus, net increase to AC by 4 (21);5 times; 2 rounds)';

MammonAzrael
2010-11-28, 02:30 AM
HP 26/47
Speed 30ft(L)
BAB/Grapple +5/+9
Condition -
Other Effects -

Pressing his advantage, Dethir slides to the side and uses the creature's hesitation to strike a blow at another area left carelessly open. It's neck.

Move Action 5' step to R5
Standard Action Attack ragged halfling with Emerald Razor

[roll0]
Critical confirmation = 20
[roll1] + [roll2] + Critical - 18 = 30 damage
Critical confirmation and damage here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9849881#post9849881)

Salbazier
2010-11-28, 02:48 AM
Rozalia holds back from the temptation to use some swear words (that was simply unbecoming, even in a filthy place like this). "Relic! You are the wizard! Cast something to stop this creature's movement so we can slay it!"

Spellcraft check: [roll0]

Making this creature thirsty.. Are you trying to make him drink the filthy water?

Tacitus
2010-11-28, 03:22 AM
"You saw how bloody useful my Web was. And yes, thirsty. You wander around a desert for three days without water and see how well you fight when its all said and done. And see, there goes his head. More wasted magic!"

Salbazier
2010-11-28, 03:25 AM
"Well,.. that works too." commented Rozalia on Dethir's decapitating strike. She is slightly disappointed that she didn't deliver the killing blow, but she soon focuses her mind back on the battle ... against a bunch of disgusting rats. What a way to test people

The Antigamer
2010-11-28, 04:34 AM
The Puck gives a joyous hurrah when the wererat's head is removed.
Lightly stepping through the rats to get away from them, he again starts chittering at them in an animal tongue.
Rat
"Your boss is dead! And these pinkies will kill you too if you let them! Flee, come back for food later, we won't take it!"
Diplomacy [roll0] or handle animal [roll1], whichever you prefer, if needed.

He then readies his Naginata to strike if they attempt to attack anyone again.

Move to T3, ready action to attack a swarm and render Dethir invisible with befuddlement if they attack anyone instead of following his advice and fleeing.
Rolls if needed:
Attack (includes layline bonus) [roll2]
Damage [roll3] + ([roll4] nonlethal)
Will save DC 17

King Tius
2010-11-28, 11:26 AM
Assuming the rats DON'T disperse at Puck's bidding, Lania will continue to bash them with her magic mace.

attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

Keld Denar
2010-11-28, 04:11 PM
Combat Round 6

The wererat shrugs off the effects of Relic's spell while dodging under the Puck's attack.

Dethir pushes the wererat off him with tremenous force, spinning around low with the momentum, his blade leading with murderous intent. The creature's expression briefly turns to one of disbelief as the keen edge bites into its neck. It stands there for a moment, hanging in shear defiance of gravity before the body crumples and the head rolls off into the sewer canal.

Lania's mace strikes crush several more rats, the remaining rats in the swarm leap into the sewer as the swarm disperses.

The other swarm, however, continues to climb and bite with full fury. One even manages to climb up Dethir's breastplate, biting at his face despite his helm.

The wererat's hovel continues to burn, the fires spreading to the whole structure. The heat is pretty intense and smoke starts to fill the upper ceiling.

Round Summary

Dethir takes 4 damage from the swarm.

Wererat and one swarm are dead.

Map
http://i54.tinypic.com/2hwia7o.jpg

Salbazier
2010-11-28, 05:23 PM
Conjuring another weapon, this time a simple dagger, Rozalia slashes several rats, trying to get help Dethir get them off. She then continue with the surrounding rats using a conjured Greatsword.

Full Attack: Cant Quickblade (http://wiki.faxcelestis.net/index.php?title=Quickblade)to attack the swarm, gain Haste effect for 2 rounds
Attack roll [roll0] counting +1 from haste
Dmg roll [roll1]

Extra attack - Cant Greatsword to attack the swarms
Attack roll [roll2]
Dmg roll [roll3]

5-ft step to Q4

Statblock:
HP 38/41
Speed 30ft(L)
AC 22, Touch 14, Flat-footed 18
Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5
Condition
Other Effects Blinkplate (http://wiki.faxcelestis.net/index.php?title=Blinkplate)(+8 armor bonus, net increase to AC by 4 (22);5 times; 1 rounds)'; Haste (2 rounds)

King Tius
2010-11-28, 06:37 PM
Envigored by the turning tides, Lania steps up to T4 and brings her mace down on the second swarm.

"We've got them on the run! Let's finish this."

Tacitus
2010-11-29, 12:07 AM
Relic
HP 19/30
Speed 30ft(L)
Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +9
BAB/Grapple +4/+5
Condition -

Knowing he can't truly harm the swarm he slides up warily anyhow and a dagger flashes from within his robes as he makes his best effort while grumbling about rats.

Move: Advance to Q3, drawing a Dagger along the way if I haven't already.
Standard: Whoo, attack, for anywhere from 1 to 2 damage if I hit, yay!
[roll0]
[roll1]

MammonAzrael
2010-11-29, 04:02 PM
HP 22/47
Speed 30ft(L)
BAB/Grapple +5/+9
Condition -
Maneuvers Readied Crusader's Strike, Emerald Razor, Foehammer, Iron Heart Surge
Item Anklet of Translocation [2/2 d], Healing Belt [2/3 d]
Other Effects -

Dethir smiles in triumph only briefly, as the aggressive rat snacks on his cheek. With a grunt he throws the rat off, and heads away from the swarm that has been crawling all over him. With a bit of breathing space he takes a moment to mutter a word, activating his belt and healing some of his wounds.

Move Action Moves to M5
Standard Action Activate Healing Belt on self, using 1 charge

[roll0]

The Antigamer
2010-11-29, 04:44 PM
The Puck shakes his head.
Rat
"What'd I tell ya guys? Shoulda ran."

He slices at the remaining mass of rats.
Attack (includes layline bonus) [roll0]
Damage [roll1] + ([roll2] nonlethal)

Keld Denar
2010-11-29, 06:09 PM
Combat Round 7

Lania and Rozalia disperse the remaining rats with little effort. Squeeking in anger, they jump into the sewer water like...rats jumping into sewer water.

The fire on the wererat's hovel continues to burn cheerily, casting happy dancing shadows on the sewer walls while an ever expanding pool of blood leaks from the void between the wererat's shoulders.

OOC
Out of intiative order, I think Admiral Squish will take over from here.

Admiral Squish
2010-11-29, 06:33 PM
The body of the were-rat lies, headless and prone, upon the stone walkway near the canal, blood pooling beneath it, soaking it's filthy rags. You can hear the fading squeaks of the rats that fled, and the squashed bodies of the dozen or so rats you slew lay crushed and broken upon the stones, piles of ragged fur and bones. The burning shack crackles and burns. You can see now, what's left of the spit supports the tightly-bound body of a young half-elf, it's skin now charred and blackened from the flames of the web, the last of which can still be seen sparking along his undergarments. By the color of the flesh beneath the burns, you can tell that the boy hasn't been dead for long. What flesh isn't scorched retains much of it's color. The boy may even have been alive when the wererat turned to face you all. Now, however, he's clearly quite dead. Beside the cooking fire are the now-scorched remains of his student robes and a number of his other belongings. A textbook, a small dagger that clearly failed to protect him, a quill, and a number of other scholarly accessories.

The Antigamer
2010-11-29, 06:39 PM
The Puck moves to stare at the student, shakes his head and gives a small sigh, then begins to check the robes for a medallion.

"Can anyone put out those fires in the hut? We may have to check in there."

Search [roll0]
Expending one repair belt charge [roll1]

King Tius
2010-11-29, 07:53 PM
Lania keeps her sword out (for light) and casts Create Water to douse the flames.

Salbazier
2010-11-30, 01:05 AM
Rozalia stares the body with a sour expression for a few moment.

"Seriously, warning us of the danger going alone while sending mere students alone."

She runs her fingers on her hair a bit, removing some dirt left by the rats. Well, I guess that's why they are hiring.

"Any sign of the medallion?" she asks The Puck.

Tacitus
2010-11-30, 01:19 AM
Relic

Covered in bites with robes stained with blood, Relic wanders over near the fire and slowly sinks down to the ground with his back against the wall. His dimly glowing eyes inspect the corpse and he son realize that he may have killed the... boy? Yes, it seems to have been a boy. He lets out a quivering sigh, though he says nothing.

Admiral Squish
2010-11-30, 05:05 PM
Puck:
It doesn't take long for you to uncover the medallion in the pile. It's at the very bottom, perhaps the wererat removed the potentially valuable item first.

Lania:
The hut sizzles and pops a few times as the last of the flames struggle to find hold in the now-wet and scorched hut, but they quickly die. The air of the expanded section is now quite steamy, and the remaining water quickly flows into the channel, bearing chunks of ashen wood and trinkets from the rat's hovel.

The Antigamer
2010-11-30, 06:12 PM
Considered using sleight of hand to hide the medallion, as that's what Puck would probably do (while still going on to help find more) but figured I should be a team player :smalltongue:
Puck lifts the medallion to show everyone.
"One down, four to go. Who else votes Dethir should hold on to this one?"
He tosses the medallion to Dethir, then walks over to where Relic sits, and holds out a hand.
"It wasn't your fault, the rats said their boss killed him before he was placed on the fire," he says firmly.
"Now help me search what's left of this shack."

MammonAzrael
2010-11-30, 08:02 PM
Dethir

Catching the medallion, Dethir nods to The Puck. "I would be happy to hold onto this, and the others we will find down here. Though hopefully," he pauses, looking at the poor roasted student, "not with such a dismal fate for the students carrying them. Should we not return him to the Academy? Even if it waits until after this test, the Academy should have the chance to resurrect the boy...or at least let him be laid to rest with his ancestors." With a sad final glance to the deceased and a whispered prayer to the ancestors to watch over him, he heals himself again as he goes to collect his bow.

Tucking the medallion into one of the side pouches of his pack, Dethir walks back to the were-rat's charred hut. Ducking inside, he looks around, checking for any other items the rat may have squirreled away over it's time in the sewers.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Tacitus
2010-12-02, 06:32 PM
Relic

With a heavy sigh he takes Puck's hand and slowly rises to his feet, "Aye, aye, but if he wasn't..." He shakes his head and goes about sifting through ash and timbers, and generally through anything else in the area.

Search check! Come on 6 int mod, don't fail me now! [roll0]

The Antigamer
2010-12-02, 06:40 PM
Seeing that the shack is full, Puck turns back to the Wererat, searching the body to see if it had anything useful.

Search [roll0]

King Tius
2010-12-02, 08:41 PM
Lania drops to a knee beside the fire and says a prayer for the fallen student.

"It is a shame that he has come to such a fate, but surely he knew the risk when he took this assignment? I cannot imagine that the university forced these students into this role, or else we'll have to purge the academy halls like we are cleaning out these sewers."

She keeps an eye on the sewers while the rest of the party searches the area.

MammonAzrael
2010-12-02, 09:36 PM
Dethir

From inside the shack Dethir's voice speaks out, full of thought. "While I do not suspect the academy to have forced students to perform this task, it would not surprise me if they understated the dangers present. Or this could simply be a tragedy due to unforeseen circumstance or the student flouting the rules placed for his safety. Either way I feel it is our duty to return the boy."

Admiral Squish
2010-12-02, 10:56 PM
Dethir:
The interior of the hut yields nothing particularly surprising. A filthy mattress, a few cheap, dirty implements scavenged from the streets above, a couple bones hung on the wall. Some of the skeletons are to be expected, rat bones, a dog's skull, but then there's a long, narrow jawbone that looks like it belongs on a crocodile, and a hollowed out insect shell the size of a man's head.

Relic:
The search turns up nothing particularly out of place. Rusted pipes, and, of course, rat poop. Piles upon piles of rat poop.

Puck:
Underneath the rat's rags, you find his equipment to be surprisingly well-made. Likely stolen, he's wearing a fine chain shirt and buckler concealed beneath his ragged clothes. Similarly, his hooked knife is also of rather fine quality, once the filth and grime are wiped off of it.

The Antigamer
2010-12-03, 12:15 AM
Puck mentally rolls his eyes at Lania's words, but beckons the woman over to the wererats body.

"I say, this ratty had some pretty toys. Do you have any way to check for magics? There's a rather fine chain shirt on him, a sturdy shield, and this dagger isn't too shabby once the filth is rubbed off. Like so."
He picks the dagger up, and the dirt, grime, and blood from the battle all seem to lift off the blade, the particles misting off to leave the hooked dagger sparkling like new. Puck then looks at Lania happily.

MammonAzrael
2010-12-03, 01:30 AM
Dethir

Walking back out of the hut Dethir glances towards The Puck and Lania. "I didn't see anything worth salvaging in there, though there is relatively little fire damage."

Carefully, he attempts to lift the dead student off of the fire, asking for help if needed. At the very least he deserves more dignity than hanging over a fire.

Salbazier
2010-12-03, 01:50 AM
While the other busy themselves with searching for booty, Rozalia take the time to meditate quietly. It seems some of her chosen weapons today is not best choice for raiding through the sewer.

Re-prepare incantations
HP 38/41
Speed 30ft(L)
AC 22, Touch 14, Flat-footed 18
Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5
Condition
Incantation Prepared 0th- Composite Longbow, Guisarme, Greatsword, Heavy Flail; 1st- Piercing Spear, Critical Point, Blinkplate; 2nd- Blink Dagger, Megaton Hammer, Fellfrost Cross; 3rd- Radiance, Quickblade
Other Effects

King Tius
2010-12-05, 11:14 PM
As per Puck's request, Lania casts Detect Magic and gives the area a thorough search.

Admiral Squish
2010-12-05, 11:46 PM
Lania:
Nothing seems to be picking up as magical until your eyes settle on the were-rat's gear. Both the chain shirt and buckler show up as faintly magical.

The Antigamer
2010-12-06, 02:56 AM
After hearing the results of Lania's magic, Puck slips the dagger into his belt, and slides the armor and buckler into his haversack.
Standing up and slinging it on his back, he surveys the group.
"Right-o, let's find our next student. Hopefully in a better state than this one."

MammonAzrael
2010-12-06, 03:22 PM
Dethir

"I agree. I doubt that any other student would've made it past this animal, even had they decided to travel the same way. We should probably head back towards the Academy, at least until we find another fork we can travel down."

Double-checking his gear, Dethir ensures that he has everything as he prepares to leave.

Tacitus
2010-12-07, 05:17 AM
Relic

Wrinkling his nose at the piles Relic shakes his head and glances back the way they came and then further down the way, "I think we should at least explore down this passage a little farther. It is all the same sewer, so perhaps the lad was actually coming from the other direction."

King Tius
2010-12-07, 08:07 AM
Lani picks up where Relic left off... "Or perhaps the other students entered the sewers at different points. I agree we should press on." She holds her longsword up again as a source of light and takes point heading further down this sewer passage.

Salbazier
2010-12-07, 09:44 AM
Finishing her short meditation, Rozalia is ready to walk off once again. She glanced at the corpse once again before turn away to catch of the group. "Wonder what kind of other creatures this city keep as pet down here"

The Antigamer
2010-12-07, 01:16 PM
Puck joins up with the others, answering Rozalia's question with a quip.
"You mean besides us, my dear?"

MammonAzrael
2010-12-07, 01:56 PM
Dethir

"Fair enough. And it is much more likely for us to encounter other applicants if we turn back towards the Academy." With a final sad look towards the student, Dethir follows Lania down the sewer.

With a raised eyebrow he glances back at The Puck, "Pets? No, I think at this point we're more likely potential commodities, and expendable. Especially if they know about creatures like that lurking down here and send their students. Regardless, we best remain alert, as we could find ourselves with more surprises."

Salbazier
2010-12-07, 03:53 PM
Rozalia shrugs her shoulder "Well we are not pets, though I dare say we will make a much better ones. I don't particularly care what those people think of us. My best guess is tools, perhaps cleaning tools in this case. Which suit me just fine, as long they pay our dues anyway."

Admiral Squish
2010-12-09, 05:58 PM
As you trek through the sewers along the slimy walkway, very little looms from the darkness apart from the occasional slow rat fleeing from you and the strange, dark shapes that you don't really want to identify that float past on the slow, steady current.

The waterways branch ahead, going in three directions. The path you're turns out of sight to the right. Straight ahead, another tunnel looms in the darkness, and to the left, yet another cavern waits. Each seems basically the same, though one never knows what challenges may lie down each path.

King Tius
2010-12-09, 07:14 PM
Lania looks at the three different paths and immediately makes towards the cavern on the left.

"Another cavern? Let us see if our luck holds up."

The Antigamer
2010-12-09, 07:19 PM
Puck shrugs, and follows Lania. One way was as good as another when you don't know where you are.

Salbazier
2010-12-09, 08:38 PM
Rozalia tarries a moment before taking a step to see around each tunnel branch

Spot[roll0]

Admiral Squish
2010-12-09, 10:00 PM
Rozalia:

Looking carefully at the water flowing from each of the three passages, you notice first that the water from straight ahead is rather clean compared to what you've seen so far. However, the water from the right path seems to make up for it, carrying animal bones, scraps of fabric, and any number of broken things. The left path carries a number of empty bottles bobbing in the current.

Salbazier
2010-12-10, 01:42 AM
Though she a bit wonder about the source of the clean water, with nothing particularly interesting visible she turns away rom the sewer to follow the group.

Some drunkards maybe?

Tacitus
2010-12-10, 01:51 AM
Relic

The wizard follows along after, trying to shuffle himself away from the outside of the group, eye and ears alert.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Admiral Squish
2010-12-10, 02:19 AM
Relic:
You don't immediately notice anything other than the water flowing from straight ahead is cleaner than what you've see so far. However, your ears pick up a faint sound down the left passage, a muffled beating sound. It sounds like it's repeating regularly, though you only seem to be catching the loudest parts of it.

Tacitus
2010-12-11, 12:18 AM
Relic

The marru's ears twitch and his eyes flicker as he hears the sound. He leans forward ever so slightly and tries to peer into the darkness towards the sound, whatever it may be, as he whispers to the others, "I hear something, a drum perhaps. Rhythmic beating. On your guard."

The Antigamer
2010-12-11, 12:20 AM
Puck claps his hands delightedly.
"Drums?! I do love a good promenade."

Tacitus
2010-12-11, 12:33 AM
Relic

He turns his gaze on Puck and if looks could kill, or he were a more powerful wizard, the puppet-man would surely be aflame.

MammonAzrael
2010-12-11, 12:57 AM
Dethir

Nodding at Relic's comment, Dethir follows along behind Lania. "Yes, I here it too. And given the debris in the water, Puck, I don't think this is any sort of party you would enjoy. We should make our approach cautiously, quietly."

The Antigamer
2010-12-11, 01:31 AM
Puck gives an exaggerated frown, and begins to move in a more stealthy manner.

Admiral Squish
2010-12-11, 05:57 PM
As you move along, the sound of the drumming grows slightly louder. Further on along the path, you see a pile of empty bottles strewn across the stone walkway haphazardly, some still rolling across the path in a slow arc. Further down the passage, there's a ladder to the surface set into the wall and as you get closer, your realize what you thought was just a bad patch of stone is actually a tunnel about a foot off the ground.

The tunnel itself is about a foot and a half in diameter, with rough sides that look like they've been smoothed over time. Looking in, the tunnel is completely unlit and it only goes about five feet into the tunnel wall before it makes a swift downward turn. The sound of drums is clearly coming from the hole, however.

The Antigamer
2010-12-11, 06:05 PM
Puck leans down and picks up a bottle while the others examine the hole, examining it as he straightens, looking to see if there's any evidence of what it contained.

Admiral Squish
2010-12-11, 06:34 PM
The bottle is dirty and the label is slightly worn, but holding it up you can make out 'Drakenbrew: Golden Ale' written in draconic characters on the bottle, surrounding an illustration of a draconic silhouette colored gold. Around your feet you can see a number of similar labels on the bottles, though the color of the draconic silhouette varies. Here's a red, there a black...

The Antigamer
2010-12-11, 08:12 PM
Knowledge(local) on Darkenbrew [roll0]

Admiral Squish
2010-12-11, 08:44 PM
Oop, mispelled. It's actually Drakenbrew.

Drakenbrew is a rather common band of ale. Rather strong, it comes in a number of varieties, each named after a sort of dragon. Red dragon red ales, gold dragon golden ale, black dragon dark brew, white dragon pale ale, things like that. It's generally a popular brand, most often among lower-class workers. The company claims the drink is actually made from recipes stolen from the Soren Barbarians that live on the shores of argonnessen.

MammonAzrael
2010-12-12, 10:31 PM
Dethir

Looking between his teammates, Dethir shrugs. "Does anyone want to check out the tunnel? I probably could, but it isn't really the best fit."

Glancing at Puck, he asks, "What're those? Did we just miss the people using them?"

King Tius
2010-12-12, 10:44 PM
Lania
The armored woman gives a laugh at Dethir's question. "I very much doubt that I will be able to sneak through that hole without raising half the city. Perhaps there is another way down?"

The Antigamer
2010-12-12, 11:11 PM
Puck tosses the bottle over his shoulder.

"Just empty ale bottles. Drakenbrew to be exact. I can squeeze in the hole and take a look down if ya'd like."

Salbazier
2010-12-13, 07:01 AM
"Go on, but be careful"

The Antigamer
2010-12-14, 05:03 PM
"Allrighty, someone hold onto my boots!"
He beings to squeeze into the hole, aiming to come abreast of the downward drop and look down.

Admiral Squish
2010-12-14, 07:31 PM
"Allrighty, someone hold onto my boots!"
He beings to squeeze into the hole, aiming to come abreast of the downward drop and look down.

You can see a rather faint glow at the bottom of the tunnel, about ten feet down, but it's not bright enough to make out the contours of the chimney by. The sound of the drum is now quite loud, an energetic tempo, punctuated with louder beats. You can hear what sounds like a woodwind underneath the thundering drums.

The Antigamer
2010-12-14, 07:39 PM
Puck motions for whoever's holding his feet to pull him back. He comes out of the hole and starts rummaging in his pack.
"It sounds like a party down there! I'm going to check it out, " he whispers.
Removing a rope from his pack, he ties one end securely around his waist, and hands the other end to Dethir.
"One tug means pull me back up, two means trouble, three means come down. Pull me back up regardless if I'm down there for 5 minutes."
He flashes the group a grin, visible through his painted-on one, and wiggles back in the hole, heading face-first downwards, relying on Dethir to keep him from falling. He stops just short of the lip of the hole exit. (Or sooner if he sees something.)

Admiral Squish
2010-12-14, 09:17 PM
Puck motions for whoever's holding his feet to pull him back. He comes out of the hole and starts rummaging in his pack.
"It sounds like a party down there! I'm going to check it out, " he whispers.
Removing a rope from his pack, he ties one end securely around his waist, and hands the other end to Dethir.
"One tug means pull me back up, two means trouble, three means come down. Pull me back up regardless if I'm down there for 5 minutes."
He flashes the group a grin, visible through his painted-on one, and wiggles back in the hole, heading face-first downwards, relying on Dethir to keep him from falling. He stops just short of the lip of the hole exit. (Or sooner if he sees something.)
As Puck passes the midpoint of the tunnel, the sound of the music is suddenly cut through with the sound of a single, clear ring, and all at once, the music stops.

The Antigamer
2010-12-14, 10:52 PM
Puck moves down the tunnel as silently as he can until he can see what's below.
[roll0]

Admiral Squish
2010-12-14, 11:49 PM
Puck moves down the tunnel as silently as he can until he can see what's below.
[roll0]

Puck:
The room below is dark. Almost completely black, the only faint light in the room comes from a pair of glass-shielded candles sitting on a counter near one side. The ceiling of the room is maybe five feet tall at it's highest, probably 4 feet at most points, and the wall illuminated by the candles has a set of shallow shelves, stocked full with bottles of all shapes and sizes, some matching those seen outside. Behind the counter stands a small figure, a figure with a narrow frame and reddish, scaly skin. His long, scaly snout is aimed straight at you, with a pair of large eyes above it fixed on you. Looking into the rest of the darkness, you see the gleaming eyeshine of several dozen pairs of eyes locked onto you as you peer into the room. In the back of the room, you can hear a few indistinct mutterings in draconic and some of the eyes shift, but the room is otherwise oppressively silent.

The Antigamer
2010-12-14, 11:58 PM
Admiral
Puck gives the rope a sharp tug, and gives a cheery wave to the scaled figure looking at him.
"What's up chaps?" he says in perfect draconic.

OOC- ((Puck knows Draconic.))

Dethir feels a sharp tug on the rope.

Admiral Squish
2010-12-15, 12:15 AM
Puck:
The tension snaps like a rubber band. Everyone is suddenly shouting, chairs topple in the darkness, metal scrapes over stone. The kobold behind the counter reaches under the bar. "We don't take kindly to your type 'round here." he explains, his tone even but loud enough to be heard over the rabble of voices and shifting furniture.

The Antigamer
2010-12-15, 12:29 AM
Admiral
If Puck had the capacity to sweat, he would have felt beads of it dripping up his back. But his face still smiles, and he raises an eyebrow.
"What exactly do you mean by my type? I'm no human. I'm just here on a retrieval job, trying to find a runaway student. Apparently stole a medallion of sentimental value to the Dean. I've go some coin here if you have information."
He reaches into his pocket and pulls out 4 gold sovereigns.
"I just wanna grab the kid and head back to a pub, y'knaw?"

The Antigamer
2010-12-15, 12:31 AM
Admiral
Meant to post a diplomacy roll [roll0]

Admiral Squish
2010-12-15, 01:19 AM
Puck:
Slowly, the hush returns to the bar and the group stare turns to fix itself on a point in the darkness. You hear a somewhat nasal voice shout out. "Don't listen to him! I told you guys what was going on, he's lying! You know I wouldn't be so stupid as to steal from my own school! Come on guys, think about it! He's gonna drag me up there and then he's just gonna slit my throat! Are you really gonna listen to this freak over me? My dad helped dig this place, come on!" the voice in the darkness whines.

The Antigamer
2010-12-15, 01:27 AM
Admiral
Puck, still hanging upside down, puts a hand over where his heart would be if he had one. "I promise I'm not here to kill anyone. I just need the medallion, and I'll be on my way. The Dean only wants the medallion returned."

MammonAzrael
2010-12-15, 01:48 AM
Dethir

As soon as he feels the rope jerk in his hands, Dethir braces himself against the wall. When no tugs follow the first, he begins to haul Puck back up the tunnel as smoothly and silently as he can manage.

The Antigamer
2010-12-15, 04:46 AM
Admiral
Puck feels the rope pull, and curses his immediate reaction.
"Excuse me a moment, my companion is worried I'm in trouble."

Puck wiggles his fingers, and sends a ghost sound up the hole to where he entered.
Hanging onto the rim of the hole to keep from being pulled up, he continues,
"So, how about a round of Drakenbrew on me for the medallion? Sound good to you?"

Dethir hears Puck's disembodied voice sound from near the hole's entrance.
"False alarm, give me a minute!"

Spellcraft DC 20
You recognize the voice as coming from a Ghost Sound cantrip.

MammonAzrael
2010-12-15, 07:11 AM
Dethir

Hearing Puck's call, Dethir stops, before lowering him back down to where he was. His muscles remain tense, ready to jerk Puck to safety at the first sign of actual alarm.

Admiral Squish
2010-12-15, 03:20 PM
Puck:
The bar is largely quiet, seemingly torn as the frantic voice struggles to denounce you and defend it's owner's honor at the same time. The bartender's voice once again cuts through the chatter. "Everyone shut up!" He shouts in draconic, and in the candlelight you can see the bartender turn to you again as the bar goes silent a third time. "What makes you think we're just gonna take your word for all this? Wouldn't be the first time a bigfolk lied to us."

The Antigamer
2010-12-15, 04:24 PM
Admiral
Wheels turn in Pucks mind.
"Ah, well, you see, to be perfectly frank, I was lying to you."
He holds up a hand briefly to forestall any shouting.
"Now, now, hear me out. I had no idea that the student was one of you. Once his voice popped up, I tried to stick to that story, I admit. But my initial lie was an attempt to protect another student from getting killed. The medallions are meant to be collected by people such as myself as a job application. One of the students sent into the sewer is already dead, killed by a wererat, who I and my companions slayed for his crime. I thought if I made it a simple stolen property case, no one would see any need to find the student themselves. Now, I apologize for misleading you, but I'm being perfectly honest right now; more bigfolk will come here looking for the medallion, until eventually someone takes it. There are over a hundred applicants in the sewer right now. If you give me the medallion, you can tell any bigfolk that stick their heads in here to shove off, the medallion's been taken. And in gratitude, drinks will be on me. Now waddaya say?"

Admiral
Diplomacy [roll0]
What's your take on Ghost Sound? Can I keep talking to the ones above with it, or does it only get a script at casting time?

Admiral Squish
2010-12-15, 10:02 PM
Puck:
The bartender arcs an eyebrow and a low murmur passes through the kobolds gathered in the small room. The bartender seems to consider things for a few moments. He seems to make a decision and looks over the darkness, counting, before he turns back to him. "That'll be 25 gold. One gold a head." the bartender says. Immediately, the whining voice perks up and starts to speak, but it's cut off by the bartender as he continues. "Silvis, give him the damn necklace or I'll have Dominik take it off you." The voice goes quiet, and you hear a rustling of fabric. "Gold first." The bartender adds.

The Antigamer
2010-12-15, 10:19 PM
Admiral
Puck's painted-on smile seems to grow wider. He counts out 25 gold coins from his pack, and hands them off to the bartender, then proffers a hand to the creature.
"Pleasure doing business with you!"
Shaking the bartender's claw, grabbing the medallion, and giving a quick tug on the rope before starting to climb up.

Admiral Squish
2010-12-15, 10:42 PM
Puck:
You feel the medallion in your hand rather than seeing it. "Don't mistake this. I'm only doing this because you and whoever's holding that rope would probably break something if you came down to take it." He explained. "Don't be coming back."

The Antigamer
2010-12-15, 11:13 PM
Admiral
"Righty-o, I'm glad we were able to solve this like gentlebeings!" Puck tugs the rope once, and begins to climb up.

Dethir feels the rope tug once, and pulls up Puck as he awkwardly climbs backwards out of the hole.

Once free, the jester holds up a medallion, his painted smile somehow growing wider as he does so.
"Look what a pleasant bunch of kobolds in a bar handed over to me in exchange for a round of drinks!"

"As I was heading down there, the music stopped, and I poke my head out to see nigh-on 25 scaly snouts pointed in my direction. So I waved at 'em, and asked, if they'd seen a runaway student with a stolen medallion. They all look at some bloke in the corner, who starts protesting his innocence. After some hurried negotiations, and some admitted lies, we came down to me buying everyone a round in exchange for this guy."
Still beaming, he stores the medallion in his pack, along with the rope.
Shouldering it again, he claps Dethir on the back in gratitude, and looks at the assembled.
"Where to now? Back to the fork?"

King Tius
2010-12-16, 07:46 AM
Lania can't quite suppress a small giggle. "Well, that was certainly easier then stomping on rats!. Let's press on."

She will lead the group back to the fork and go down the right fork. (Would it be fair to say that the central fork looks like the "main" line or are they all equal?)

Salbazier
2010-12-16, 01:25 PM
"Nicely done." Rozalia compliment Puck as they walk "Looks like the only truly difficult part of this test is dealing with all this smell and dirt" She kicks some garbage from her path to the water.

Spot check on the right path
[roll0]

Tacitus
2010-12-18, 03:26 AM
Relic

"Nicely done indeed." The jackal-headed scholar has thus far only waited patiently and now that yet another medallion has been secured he glances around a bit and perks up his ears, hoping to hear whatever they may be to hear before the party below truly gets going again. He'll follow along unless something catches his attention.

Huh, I'm suddenly left wondering how much of that Relic could have heard.

Does this passage continue after the Kobold Bar (almost as amusing as a bard, but thats neither here nor there) or is it just a cavern with the Kobolds' tunnel at the end?

The Spots and Listens
S: [roll0]
L: [roll1]

MammonAzrael
2010-12-20, 07:35 AM
Dethir

"A good choice, to avoid any violence. And it looks like I was wrong about it being a party you'd enjoy," he comments with a smile. "I wonder just how much the Academy knows about the things going on underneath it...at the very least I suspect that other students have skipped classes to spend time at this bar. I'm beginning to think that no student we find will simply be wandering down around this...place."

With an approving nod to Puck, Dethir starts back the way they came. "I don't think we'll find any more students down this path, as they would likely have joined the other for a drink. I think for now we may want to return to that fork a bit back and find the source of that clean flowing water...another student may have thought that the safer path and taken it."

Admiral Squish
2010-12-20, 01:29 PM
Rozalia:
You see nothing particularly new or interesting as you travel against the sluggish flow.

Relic:
While you don't see anything new or interesting as the group travels, as you progress down the clean-water passage, your sensitive ears begin to pick up a semi-rhythmic tapping and scuffing sound, emanating from the twist up ahead. It sounds like footsteps, someone, or something, running.

As the group moves down the passage with the clean water, the light reveals that despite the clean water, the rest of the passage seems just as dirty and slimy as ever. A good ways ahead, the tunnel turns off to one side, out of view.

Tacitus
2010-12-21, 01:01 AM
Relic

Once again the ears of the jackal-headed scholar twitch and focus on the sound around, zeroing in on the sounds of feet upon stone. He pauses and holds out a hand as the other fumbles in his pouch for bits of pork rind. To the others he whispers just loud enough for them to hear, "Footsteps, coming fast."

The Antigamer
2010-12-21, 04:37 AM
Puck had been watching the water, trying to decide whether it merited examination or not, but at Relic's word he nods, and takes a slow, careful step to place himself against the sewer wall, his sword-spear moving into a defensive position. He carefully begins to slide down the wall towards the turn ahead.

MammonAzrael
2010-12-21, 06:18 AM
Dethir

At Relic's words Dethir moves swiftly to the front of the group, unsheathing his sword and readying himself for any aggressive attacks. "More than one pair? humanoid feet, shoes, claws?"

King Tius
2010-12-21, 09:04 AM
Lania brings her sword to the ready and steps to the front of the group.

Admiral Squish
2010-12-21, 07:00 PM
The footsteps get closer and closer. Suddenly, from around the bend there is a flash of orange light and something makes a horrible, angry screech. You see the purple of a student's robe in the light of Lania's blade, as the panicked student falls forward onto the walkway next to the corner. He begins to flail and scream, kicking at some glittery black shape barely visible around the edge that swiftly drags him back out of sight, despite the student's feeble attempts to grab onto the corner.

King Tius
2010-12-21, 08:12 PM
Lania takes off to rescue the student! She'll do her best to slash at whatever it is and try to free him.

Initiative: [roll0]
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

The Antigamer
2010-12-21, 08:51 PM
Puck's painted eyebrows shoot up as high as they can go.
"What in Kyber was that?!"

Appropriate knowledge skill roll?

Salbazier
2010-12-21, 09:36 PM
"Something dangerous" Rozalia said as he dash forward to stab the thing with a freshly conjured rapier

Knowledge Arcana[roll0] ED: Oh, man

Attack with Critical point (http://wiki.faxcelestis.net/index.php?title=Critical_Point) [roll1] ED: Well, this compensate :smallamused:
Damage [roll2]

MammonAzrael
2010-12-21, 09:42 PM
Dethir

"No idea..Relic?!" Dethir calls out as he charges forward with Lania, attempting to rescue the screaming student.

[roll0]

With 60' of Darkvision, can Dethir get a clearer picture of what grabbed the student and what is around the corner?

Admiral Squish
2010-12-23, 02:16 PM
As you round the corner in pursuit of the black thing and the student, you come across a strange scene. The bend of the passage is actually a tunnel connecting two channels. Four pillars hold it open, two at each end. Near the far end, hovering in the center of the circular tunnel, a swirling green light sits, casting a faint greenish glow over the walls. The walls of the tunnel are scorched and a charred rat carcass smokes, the damage still fresh. The student has been dragged back to the edge of the green light by the blackish thing, and two more of the beasts lurk in the sick, green light. They seem completely unharmed by the recent flames.

Each creature resembles a massive beetle, about the size of a black bear, with a jet-black reflective shell. As you round the corner, all three beetles let out a screeching sound and their abdomens flex, curling up over their backs in a parody of a scorpion's tail. Their black armor shifts and warps, running over their bodies like a fluid, parts of it surging up in black boils that burst and reform instantly, others distending into short tentacles that thrash briefly before receding into the black mass. From between joints in the plating, foul bile bubbles and froths, oozing down along their flowing armor.

Puck
These beetle-like things... the markings are all wrong, and you haven't the slightest idea what that boiling armor thing is about, but the behavior, the coiling abdomen, it reminds you of bombardier beetles, a type of beetle known to be able to spray burning, acidic froth from their abdomens at attackers.

Relic
The warping armor, the chaotic surging flesh... these things are symptomatic of prolonged exposure to magic, usually when the creatures were young. You've read some papers on things like this. Typically, subjects are known to show... unusual responses to magic sometimes, absorbing the arcane energy and gaining a temporary boost as their metabolism processes it harmlessly out of their system. But the subjects usually showed a more stable physical form than these. You can't positively classify it, but the amount of chaotic energy required to cause this much physical disturbance would have to be massive.

Keld Denar
2010-12-30, 06:30 PM
Combat Round 1

Round Summary
None

Map
http://i54.tinypic.com/20fd9w7.jpg

Rozalia, Relic, and Dethir may act, then the creatures. Place yourselves in a numbered slot, you know the drill...

King Tius
2010-12-30, 07:55 PM
I would like to be at position 1 seeing as Lania took off around the corner straight away. No chance she'd get to go in a surprise round?

MammonAzrael
2010-12-30, 08:09 PM
HP 43/47
Speed 30ft(L)
BAB/Grapple +5/+9
Condition -
Item Anklet of Translocation [2/2 d], Healing Belt [1/3 d]
Other Effects -

"What in the Nine Hells are those things? Whatever they are, we can't let them take the student!" With that Dethir moves around the column while pulling out his bow, before loosing an arrow at the...creature...near the student, hoping to distract it.

Claiming square 2

Move Action Move to square V8
Free Action Draw longbow during move
Attack Action Attack the beetle nearest the student, R8?

[roll0]
[roll1] = 5 damage

Salbazier
2010-12-31, 03:51 PM
Undaunted by the creatures' grotesqueness, Rozalia dash forward to attack the closest beetle-like. Conjuring a rapier, she stabs on the hideous thing.

From square 3

Charge to S9
Attack R8 with Critical point (http://wiki.faxcelestis.net/index.php?title=Critical_Point)
Atk roll[roll0] Crit at 15-20 Auto confirm
Dmg [roll1] ED: plus 10 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10072490&postcount=344) dmg from critical

Swift Action to activate Blinkplate (http://wiki.faxcelestis.net/index.php?title=Blinkplate)

StatusRozalia ir'Matreish (http://www.dndsheets.net/view.php?id=9749)
HP 38/41
Speed 30ft(L)
AC 20, Touch 12, Flat-footed 16
Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5
Condition
Incantation Prepared 0th- Composite Longbow, Guisarme, Greatsword, Heavy Flail; 1st- Piercing Spear, Critical Point, Blinkplate; 2nd- Blink Dagger, Megaton Hammer, Fellfrost Cross; 3rd- Radiance, Quickblade
Other Effects Blinkplate (+8 Armor bonus to AC;5 rounds;6 times); -2 to AC from Charging

Tacitus
2011-01-02, 07:24 PM
Relic
HP 19/30
Speed 30ft(L)
Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +9
BAB/Grapple +4/+5
Buffs Mage Armor [~8 hours]
Condition -

Looking over the scene again quickly, Relic calls out to his companions before he focuses his mind and barks out a few harsh syllables, "Extraplanar rip, keep away from it, I think its warped the beetles somehow." With a whisper of power ...

...nothing happens, "Damn, the student is dead." He brushes past the others and draws a crossbow and checks to make sure that it is loaded.

This is a longer if/then spoiler than I was expecting, so bear with me

If I can see around the corner from 4, aka Z10, I'd like to Benign Transposition with the student (or his body). Not moving I'm assuming unconscious, and unconscious creatures are always considered willing, so... If I can't peek around the corner then Move to Y9, drawing a dagger as I do so.

If I can use a Swift Action to make use of an Abrupt Jaunt without revoking my ability to Jaunt as an Immediate Action after my turn ends I will do so 10ft away to whatever square is farthest from the beetles and closest to my allies. XD (I'm unsure of what square the body is in, so I'm unsure of where I can get to.)

If I can Benign without having to use a move action and cannot use my Swift Action to Jaunt without revoking my ability to do so after my turn ends I will then try to move from where the body was back to where the body would be after the Jaunt.

Assuming the Jaunt is not used in a manner that makes it so I can't use it after my turn ends I will be using it to avoid the first hostile action that comes my way.

Edit: Wasted standard action, but not the spell. Move action to Z5 and draw Crossbow along the way.

Keld Denar
2011-01-02, 09:42 PM
Combat Round 2

Rozalia dashes forward valiantly, an emphemeral rapier appearing in her hand right as she stabs at the offensive looking creature.

Dethir steps forward, firing an arrow at the bugs. The arrow skips harmlessly off its chitinous armor, but as it skips past the greenish light, the arrow seems to twist and writhe briefly as if it were alive, and in pain, before striking the back wall and shattering.

The bugs surge forward, biting with angry jaws. Despite Rozalia's best attempts to ward them off, their bites strike true, tearing flesh as if it were cloth. Rozalia collapses in shock from the pain, blood pooring from her open wounds.

Round Summary

Rozalia takes 39 damage from 4 different bites. Rozalia is down and bleeding. [roll0] = roll of 1 stabilizes.

Map
http://i54.tinypic.com/11vlbvp.jpg
NOTE: Relic's position is actually Z5, I already had the pic uploaded and I'm too lazy to reupload it for such a minor change.

Everyone's turn. Due to the way init is handled, if someone heals Rozalia back to positives, she still will not be able to take an action until next turn.

Tacitus
2011-01-02, 10:12 PM
Relic
HP 30/30
Speed 30ft(L)
Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +9
BAB/Grapple +4/+5
Condition -
Racial Darkvision 60ft, Discriminating Hearing (kinda like scent, but for ears), Ancient Scholar (+11), Howl of Healing (Free Action, 10 healing to allies within 30, additional 5hp for those within 10) [0/1], Half Water per day
Class Immediate Magic (Abrupt Jaunt) [3/6]

Seeing Rozalia fall, Relic barks out the words of power once more in an effort to save his fallen comrade. With a surge of power he leaps into the fray among the warped beetles as Rozalia appears behind the column. He does not stop, however, and vanishes again only to reappear a few feet away, howling as he tries to back away from the fell creatures.

Standard: Benign Transposition
Move: N/A
Swift: Abrupt Jaunt to U9
Freeish: 5ft Step to V9
Free: Howl of Healing. All allies within 30ft regain 10hp. All within 10ft gain an additional 5hp. Rozalia should be 30ft after my 5ft step unless I have counted squares incorrectly.

Stat block above updated to display these changes.

At the moment I expect to get charged by C4, and if so I'll be using an Immediate to Jaunt to V7 or W8 (hah, or T9 if I can Jaunt that late for lulz), but that may change if I don't get charged or something crazy happens. Just mentioning my most likely actions given the standings at the end of my turn so editing won't be as required.

The Antigamer
2011-01-02, 11:38 PM
Puck peers around the corner, assessing the situation.
Something about those beetles...they're far too large, misshapen, and he hadn't the slightest idea what that boiling armor thing is about, but the behavior, that coiling abdomen...something clicked.

"Heads up chaps, they're bombadiers! They'll shoot acid at you from their tails!"
Grasping his naginata firmly in one hand, he runs over to the closest pillar, grabs the side and swings around with his momentum, rolling forward to jump up next to dethir, looking for the medallion on the student's body.

Move to V-7, spot check on the student [roll0]

MammonAzrael
2011-01-02, 11:52 PM
HP 47/47
Speed 30ft(L)
BAB/Grapple +5/+9
Condition -
Other Effects -

Dethir's eyes narrow as his arrow bounces off the bug, and he freezes for a split-second as it passes past the green swirls. Dropping the bow, he dodges to the side as Puck swings by before stepping up to the beetle swelling in front of him as he pulls his ancestral sword from it's scabbard. "Acid, is it? Well try that stuff over here you malformed abominations!" With a yell intended to focus their attention on him, Dethir swings a mighty blow at the cracks between the beetle's plates.

Free Action Drop Longbow
Move Action Move to square U8 from V9
Free Action Draw greatsword during move
Standard Action Attack the beetle C2 with Emerald Razor

[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2] = 25 damage

King Tius
2011-01-04, 09:25 AM
Lania reaches down and casts Cure Moderate Wounds on Rozalia before striding forward 4 squares and hollering at the bugs, trying to get them to attack her.

healing: [roll0]

Salbazier
2011-01-04, 04:53 PM
"Thanks Lania, Relic" Recovering from her wounds, Rozalia charges back into combat.

As she dashes toward the furthest beetle, a sword of pure light appears in her grip. With her full might, she swings the blade.

Action Surge! 2 AP for extra move action

Move Action - move to U6

Charge to S7 to attack C3 with Radiance (http://wiki.faxcelestis.net/index.php?title=Radiance) (probably important bits here (http://forum.faxcelestis.net/viewtopic.php?p=831#p831))

Attack Roll [roll0]
Damage Roll[roll1]

If it hits, Fire damage to all enemies withing 1ft-sphere, radiating from corner between R8 and Q7. This damage ignore fire resistance EDIT: sorry, misread. The fire damage is automatic.

C1-[roll2]
C2-[roll3]
C3-[roll4]
C4-[roll5]

Edit: oh, well :smallfrown:

Swift action to teleport to S5

BTW, my previous statblock is messed up in many places. Sorry.

HP 26/41
Speed 30ft(L)
AC 19, Touch 11, Flat-footed 16
Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5
Action Points 5
Condition
Item Mage armor (continuous); Teleport 10 ft as swift action (command; 1/2). Healing belt (3/3)
Other Effects Blinkplate (+8 Armor bonus to AC;5 rounds;2 times); -2 to AC from Charging

Keld Denar
2011-01-05, 12:45 AM
Combat Round 3

In a flash of magic, Relic and Rozalia disappear, instantly swapping locations. Not to stand still, Relic blinks again before skipping backwards and releasing a shout that fills his allies with hope and vigor.

Puck moves up, threatening the bugs with his weapon.

Dethir steps forward, his blade cutting deep through the chitinous armor as if it wasn't there. The creature hisses fiercely in pain, its armor boiling and rolling chaotically.

With a prayer, Lania chants words of power, her glowin blue hand touching Rozalia briefly in the shoulder, instilling the woman with divine vigor. Bolstered by the magic, Rozalia rushes forward again into the fray. Fire flashes around her blade as the magic congeals into real heat, but his blow falls short as she recoils from the ghastly face screaming in horror in the shiney black carapace of the beast.

Hissing aggressively, the beetles step forward, their bulging abdomens raised. Acid washes over Dethir, the Puck, and Rozalia, stinging their flesh and nearly blinding them with pain. Dethir and Rozalia shrug off most of it, but it seeps into the Puck's metal joints and causes much internal damage.

Round Summary

Dethir takes 7 damage from acid spray.

The Puck takes 18 damage from two sprays of acid.

Rozalia takes 11 damage from an acid spray.

BTW, the current HP totals I have are:
Rozalia - 15
Relic - 30
The Puck - 12
Lania - 32
Dethir - 26
Lemme know if these are off. I got the Howl of Healing factored in.

Map
http://i55.tinypic.com/2jetnrd.jpg

Your up!

EDIT: Locations updated!

EDIT EDIT: Locations updated again!

The Antigamer
2011-01-05, 12:55 AM
OOC
Word on if Puck saw the medallion? He doesn't really care about the beetles, if the medallion is nabbed, as far as he's concerned they can bug out.

A-hee.

MammonAzrael
2011-01-05, 02:16 AM
HP 45/47
Speed 20ft(L)
BAB/Grapple +5/+9
Condition -
Other Effects -

Dethir barely notices the acid as it trickles down his armor. He shakes it off more from annoyance than anything else. "Get behind me, if you can!" he shouts out to his teammates. "I will blunt their attacks while you recover. We shall not fall to such perverse creatures!" With a quick twist of his sword to clean off the ichor, he swings again at the beetle in front of him.

Swift Action Switch stance to Bolstering Voice
Standard Action Attack the beetle C2 with Crusader's Strike

[roll0]
[roll1] + Critical - 11 = 25 damage
[roll2] targeting Puck
Note - If Crusader's Strike hits then Puck is healed 7 HP.
Critical confirmation and damage here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10098775&postcount=366)

Salbazier
2011-01-05, 05:18 AM
Ignoring the slight acid burns, Rozalia steps forward. A pair of white runes glow around her wrists and small storm of frost whirls around hands. The frost forms a pair of translucent shortswords. Spinning her body gracfully, she launch another set of attacks with the iceblades.

Move to R6

Attacking with Fellfrost Cross (http://wiki.faxcelestis.net/index.php?title=Fellfrost_Cross). Two attacks at C1

Attack 1[roll0]
Damage [roll1] plus Cold damage [roll2]
Attack 2[roll3]
Damage [roll4] plus Cold damage [roll5]

If hits, Fort save DC 17 to avoid hypothermia and frostbite ... if itcan be affected by such things

HP 15/41
Speed 30ft(L)
AC 17, Touch 13, Flat-footed 14
Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5
Action Points 5
Condition
Item Mage armor (continuous); Teleport 10 ft as swift action (command; 1/2). Healing belt (3/3)
Other Effects

Tacitus
2011-01-06, 04:58 AM
Relic
HP 30/30
Speed 30ft(L)
Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +9
BAB/Grapple +4/+5
Condition -
Racial Darkvision 60ft, Discriminating Hearing (kinda like scent, but for ears), Ancient Scholar (+11), Howl of Healing (Free Action, 10 healing to allies within 30, additional 5hp for those within 10) [0/1], Half Water per day

Even as the echoes of the howl fade into the distance of the sewers the jackal-headed scholar is starting up another string of arcane syllables. His hands draw upwards with a sickly yellow light before he casts them out towards two of the beetles. A moment later the ground under their chitinous legs becomes covered in an incredibly slick substance. He retreats a few steps, mainly to keep an eye on the surroundings in case something comes running after his howl.

Standard: Grease on RS-78, which should get C1 and C3
5ft Step: to W5
I suppose Move Action to actively make a listen check out beyond the sounds of combat, if allowed? More flavor than anything. >.> [roll0]

Edit: Sorry, DC 17 reflex save on the grease.

King Tius
2011-01-06, 08:28 AM
Lania steps up to T7, putting herself thoroughly in harm's way. She swings at C2, hoping to help Dethir take it down.

"We can hold them off together!"

Attack on C2: [roll0]

The Antigamer
2011-01-06, 01:54 PM
Puck reels under the effects of the acid, his painted smile at odds with the grimace of pain on his face.

Noting Lania and Dethir step up to take the bugs attention, he acts upon a curiosity he'd been feeling for some time, and pulls out four of his magical gold pieces, throwing them at the swirling green light.

Keld Denar
2011-01-07, 02:55 AM
Combat Round 4

Dethir, shaking off the worst of the acid, strikes the bug with righteous vengeance. The weight of the blow cleaves most of the creature in half, black ichor seeping from the cleft. A quick glance at the insides of the bug reveals hundreds, maybe thousands, of tiny insects crawling around inside of it. The fervor of the attack heartens Puck though, allowing him to reach greater reserves of power.

Relic whispers a few words of power, conjouring a puddle of grease beneath two of the creatures. The one closer to the rift falters and falls on its belly, but the other manages to retain it's footing.

Rozalia steps forward as well, engaging the creatures nearest the portal. Her first blade pierces the creatures chiton, but the second skips across it leaving a trail of frost but no real damage.

Lania descends upon the balancing insect, but fails to connect with a solid blow.

The Puck pulls a couple of coins from his pouch, tossing them at the rift. The coins pass harmlessly through the rift, although he's pretty sure he saw the face on one of the coins scream silently as it passed through the green light.

Screeching and chittering, the bugs again raise their abdomens, great gouts of acid streaming of the party.

Round summary

Lania take 10 damage from C4 but no damage from C1.

Dethir takes 5 damage from C4 but no damage from C1.

Rozalia takes 12 damage from C2.

The Puck takes no damage from C4.

I redirected Rozalia's attack to the one that failed its save, since that would be the smart thing to do. I redirected Lania's attack to the only other one she could hit, but she still missed.

Map
http://i52.tinypic.com/qqs36o.jpg

Your up.

Salbazier
2011-01-07, 09:19 AM
Rozalia smiles seeing one bug split under Dethir's blade "Nice one, Dethir!" Seeing the perfect chance in front of her, she ignore the burning acid and continue to launches her attacks toward the creatures.

Full Round Attack:

Attack C3 with Quickblade (http://wiki.faxcelestis.net/index.php?title=Quickblade) [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Extra Attack: Cantrip Greatswod at C3 [roll2]
Damage [roll3] EDIT: forgot to multiply by 1 1/2 Should be +8 so 16 damage instead

Note: I'll use Megaton Hammer (http://wiki.faxcelestis.net/index.php?title=Megaton_Hammer)if someone provokes AoO from me

HP 3/41
Speed 30ft(L)
AC 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 14
Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +5
Action Points 5
Condition
Other Effects Haste (2 rounds)

King Tius
2011-01-07, 09:39 AM
Lania attacks C1, hoping to catch the thing off guard in the greese.

attack:[roll0]
damage:[roll1]

MammonAzrael
2011-01-07, 12:31 PM
HP 40/47
Speed 20ft(L)
BAB/Grapple +5/+9
Condition -
Other Effects -

Dethir shakes the acid from his eyes, wondering if the momentary pain made him see things. "Bugs! They're filled with hundreds of bugs! Keep an eye on the corpses, they may still be dangerous!" Shifting his focus he swings powerfully at another beetle.

Standard Action Attack the beetle C4 with Foehammer

[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2] + [roll3] = 24 damage
Note - Foehammer automatically overcomes an opponents damage reduction.

The Antigamer
2011-01-07, 02:28 PM
Puck's painted eyebrows jump up on his face.
"[COLOR="Indigo"I strongly advise no one touches the glowing green thing,[/COLOR]" he says to his companions.

Noting that Dethir can manage his bug, the construct, shifts warily Lania's back, looking for an opening to strike the bug she's working on.
Spying one, he thrusts his long-hafted sword at the beetle's underbelly.

Move to S-5
Attack with naginata: [roll0] Damage: [roll1] + [roll2] non-lethal

Tacitus
2011-01-08, 03:14 AM
Relic
HP 30/30
Speed 30ft(L)
Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +9
BAB/Grapple +4/+5
Condition -

Still keeping an ear out, Relic raises his crossbow and looses a bolt into the fray.

Ugh, I was damn sure I had posted. I suppose my listen check returns nothing?

Attack with crossbow at any that are standing (as opposed to prone or dead) If none are Standing and Alive then Full Defense.
Attk: [roll0] (-4 for firing into melee accounted for)

Move: Reload! Reload! *shoots off screen* God, I hope thats not an omen for how terrible my attack is going to be.

Keld Denar
2011-01-08, 02:38 PM
Combat Round 5

Nearly crushed under the weight of the blow, the creature Dethir was attacking barely holds on.

Lania and the Puck cut into the standing insectile creature. Both blades cut deap, but you only see pure malice reflected back in the creatures black, uncaring eyes.

Rozalia slashes furiously, her arm guided with unnatural speed. The poor prone creature has no chance to escape the deadly strikes. Luckily its chiton is thick enough that while greivous, none of the blows are mortal.

Relic fires at the bug that Dethir nearly killed, but right before the bolt strikes the creature, its body warps slightly, flexing in an unnatural way that makes your stomach churn as the bolt passes through now-empty space.

The bugs rear up again, acidic fluid spraying from their abdomens. The one on the corner tries to bite Lania, but slips in the grease spell, misses horribly, and falls prone. Acid washes over Lania, Dethir, Rozalia, and the Puck from the other two. Dethir and Rozalia manage to resist most of its effects, but Lania is badly burned and the Puck's delicate paint continues to sizzle and melt.

Round Summary

Lania takes 11 damage from acid.

The Puck takes 6 damage from acid.

The others are unaffected. Lania gets missed by a bite.

Map
http://i55.tinypic.com/2eyyzwz.jpg

Your turns.

MammonAzrael
2011-01-08, 02:58 PM
HP 40/47
Speed 20ft(L)
BAB/Grapple +5/+9
Condition -
Other Effects -

Taking a moment to survey the battle and his companions, Dethir feels a grim satisfaction in seeing two of the beetles struggling to simply stand in the slick substance now coating the floor. With a deep, revitalizing breath, he feels renewed and ready to launch a flurry of violence down upon the acidic monsters.

Full-round Action Meditate to recover all maneuvers

Tacitus
2011-01-08, 06:39 PM
Relic
HP 30/30
Speed 30ft(L)
Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +9
BAB/Grapple +4/+5
Condition -

With slow deliberate actions the jackal-headed mage takes aim with his crossbow yet again and looses another bolt. Thereafter he pulls back on the lever and fits another bolt into position.

Same routine as before.

Move: Reload.

The Antigamer
2011-01-08, 11:32 PM
OOC
Quick note: Puck moved to S-5, not S-6

"I'd just like to point out how very much I'd like to be done with these insects," Puck moans, as he again stabs at the beetle.

Attack with naginata: [roll0] + 2 from AP = 19. Damage: [roll1] + [roll2] non-lethal

King Tius
2011-01-10, 09:05 AM
Lania will take advantage of the prone beetle, hoping to kill it before it has a chance to stand.

Attack:[roll0]

aaaand here's my Attack of Opportunity if it tries to stand up

Attack:[roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Salbazier
2011-01-10, 12:46 PM
Intoxicated with battle fervor, Rozalia almost went for another attack. But the burns from the acid has become almost unbeareable. She decide to step back a bit less she fall again by the bugs. Once is bad enough, twice is humilliating. Evading the creatures' grotesque mouths and acid splashes, she took several steps back to find some relief so she can refresh herself.

Withdraw to V4

Keld Denar
2011-01-11, 12:31 AM
Combat Round 6

Rozalia dances away from the bugs while Dethir pauses a moment to refocus and Relic misses with his crossbow.

Again, Lania and the Puck double up on the other bug, striking hard and fast. The creature reals from the assault, but doesn't go down.

Hissing, the two near Lania release another stream of acid over Lania and Dethir. Lania shrugs most of it off, but Dethir isn't quite fast enough. The acid gets in his eyes, stinging them even as he shakes most of the effect off.

The 3rd bug, no longer threatened, manages to find purchase on the stone floor despite the grease. The Puck, taking advantage of its awkward positioning, striking it once with his Naginata. The creature bites at him savagely, but the little construct manages to dodge out of the way.

Round Summary

Dethir takes 5 damage total from two acid spray (after Resistance 5).

Lania doesn't take any damage from two acid sprays.

The Puck hits with an AoO.

Map
http://i53.tinypic.com/mja1lk.jpg

Your turns.

MammonAzrael
2011-01-11, 12:46 AM
HP 35/47
Speed 20ft(L)
BAB/Grapple +5/+9
Condition -
Other Effects -

Squinting through the burning acid, Dethir takes aim at the blighted beetle, hoping to remove it as a threat permanently before stepping to one side to support Lania. "Stay firm my friends, they cannot last much longer!"

Standard Action Attack the beetle C4 with Emerald Razor, Power Attack for -5

[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2] = 23 damage
Misc Action 5' step to T8

The Antigamer
2011-01-11, 12:58 AM
Puck leaps back from the biting jaws of the beetle.
"Stay firm he says! We're being attacked by magic-warped, acid-spitting giant beetles made of smaller beetles next to a portal to Kyber knows where, my face is melting off, and everything will be rainbows and daisies if we just. Stand. Firm!"

He swings his naginata on the last words, straight at beetle's mandibled maw.

5-foot step to S-4

Salbazier
2011-01-12, 11:21 AM
Safe from the bugs, Rozalia calm herself to refocus her magical power

Full round action to recover all incantations

King Tius
2011-01-12, 11:35 AM
Lania tries to finish off the bug

AoO if it tries to get up:

Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Tacitus
2011-01-12, 03:50 PM
Relic
HP 30/30
Speed 30ft(L)
Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +9
BAB/Grapple +4/+5
Condition -

Despite knowing that his conjured grease will soon disappear, he figures he has at least a few more moments to unleash another bolt into the fray before he will have to put any more magic into this fight. As he notes Dethir shift positions he keeps an eye on the beetle, half expecting to have to Jaunt to the opposite side of the column in case it comes after him.

Same routine as before.

Move: Reload.

And yeah, if the beetle decides that he's got an open charging lane? Jaunt. Well, if it survives and doesn't want to just eat Dethir.

Keld Denar
2011-01-13, 03:35 AM
Combat Round 7

Dethir's blow is resounding. While his first killing blow mearly split the creature open, this one neatly slices the creature into two equal parts and gouges the floor. Centipedes, beetles, and worms nearly explode from the halves of the destroyed creature, scattering across the floor in all directions.

The Puck's attack, while less impressive, is no less lethal. With a screech, the creature's legs colapse under it and it falls. Shadows and images that appear like elongated screaming faces continue to crawl across its shiney chiton.

Lania's swing goes wide while Relic's crossbow bolt just barely strikes the final bug despite being prone. The creature, malice in its eyes, sprays another cloud of pungent liquid over Lania and Dethir, but both manage to close their eyes in time, wise to the ways of the grotesque creature.

Round Summary

Dethir kills one bug, the Puck kills another. The last one remaining sprays Dethir and Lania with acid, but both resist, no damage.

Map
http://i54.tinypic.com/2u6jpcz.jpg

You're up!

The Antigamer
2011-01-13, 03:50 AM
"Ha-hahaha, take that! Can you feel my firmness!?" the jester cries.
Whirling his blade in an arch, he steps forward, and swings the blade down on the remaining bug.

Move to S-5

MammonAzrael
2011-01-13, 04:37 AM
HP 35/47
Speed 20ft(L)
BAB/Grapple +5/+9
Condition -
Other Effects -

"Well done! And here I thought you might not have believed me." Dethir laughs, amused, before shielding himself from the latest spray of acid. Once he finds a moment between the blasts he lashes out at the last of the creatures, feeling confident in approaching victory.

Standard Action Attack the beetle C1 with Crusader's Strike

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] - targeting Dethir

Note - If Crusader's Strike hits then Dethir is healed 11 HP.

King Tius
2011-01-13, 08:03 AM
The bug is probably dead, but just in case....

Lania will circle around counterclockwise two squares to gain a flanking position on the bug without stepping into the grease.

Salbazier
2011-01-13, 11:55 AM
Likewise, if the bug hasn't dead yet..

Rozalia moves forward to give the finish the bug if still show any signs of life - and to burn to the whole grostqu vermis spewing out from its carcass

Charge to c6

Attack with Radiance again. [roll0]
Brillliant energy Greatsword damage [roll1]
Automatic fire damage (regardless of atk roll result) [roll2]

If it's dead already just consider I'm cleaning the vermins

HP 3/41
Speed 30ft(L)
AC 15, Touch 11, Flat-footed 12
Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +5
Action Points 5
Condition
Incantation Prepared 0th- Composite Longbow, Guisarme, Greatsword, Heavy Flail; 1st- Piercing Spear, Critical Point, Blinkplate; 2nd- Blink Dagger, Megaton Hammer, Fellfrost Cross; 3rd- [S]Radiance[/S[, Quickblade
Other Effects

Keld Denar
2011-01-13, 01:08 PM
Combat Conclusion

Dethir's greatsword strikes true again, drawing a large gash across the head and thorax of the remaining creature. It falls lifelessly into the puddle of grease which promptly evaporates into nothingness. The chittering now ceased, the passage between the two canals is earily quiet, the only sound a low hum, almost visceral in nature, coming from the green point of light.

OOC
Dropping out of initiative, you may act freely.

The Antigamer
2011-01-13, 01:39 PM
Puck pulls a small rag from his pack, and begins to wipe off the blood ichor from his naginata.
"what a trip this has been. Why in Kyber's name are there so many monsters here? What kind of ecology is this?"
He finishs wiping, and casually tosses the rag into the humming green light.

OOC
Hooray, one more step closer to being the same level as the rest of you :smallbiggrin:

Keld Denar
2011-01-13, 02:11 PM
The blood on the rag separates from the rag as it passes close the green light. Suspended in mid air, the blood drop slowly spins, light from the point reflecting off its glassy surface. Slowly, the blood contorts itself to form a symbol none of you have ever seen before. It hangs suspended for another moment, then bursts into white hot flame. The fire quickly burns itself out, leaving a calmly humming point of green light suspended in mid air above the walkway.

MammonAzrael
2011-01-13, 02:41 PM
Dethir

Dethir lowers his sword as the strange creature disappears into nothingness, still wary, but confident the battle is finished. After a moment he relaxes his guard, the bringing his massive sword up to inspect and clean.

After taking a few moments to ensure the blade is free of all bug juice, he sheaths it and walks over to reclaim his dropped bow.

"Has anyone seen such foul creatures before? Or know what the..." He is cut off as he watches the rag twist in the foul light, the blood form into a mysterious sigil before burning away.

"What was that?" he exclaims. "I have no answer for you Puck, but I think you may have answered yourself here."

King Tius
2011-01-13, 02:48 PM
When the symbol appears Lania readies her sword, expecting to be attacked. When it bursts into flame and disappears, she tries to make a sketch of it on the side of the tunnel with the point of her dagger (working quickly so as not to forget it).

"Do any of you have some parchment and a quill? We should copy this symbol down and bring it to the University. Perhaps they can tell us what this is about."

She then cleans and sheathes her sword before rubbing her hands together and looking about. "Who needs healing?"

Salbazier
2011-01-13, 08:19 PM
"I can use some if you don't mind" said Rozalia gesturing her burnmarked hand "they are quite nasty."

Really this place remind me to Mournland

The Antigamer
2011-01-15, 07:32 PM
Puck stares at the light.
"If that's the answer, there's much more to the question."

Pulling parchment and quill from his pack, he passes it to Lania before walking warily past the light to examine the dead student.

King Tius
2011-01-16, 05:24 PM
Lania uses the paper to copy the rune. She then drops one Cure Moderate Wounds and one Cure Light Wounds on Rozalia and one Cure Moderate Wounds spell on herself.

Rozalia: [roll0] + [roll1]
Lania: [roll2]

MammonAzrael
2011-01-16, 05:55 PM
Dethir

Shaking his head at Lania's offers of assistance, Dethir begins to explore the small area.

"If that's the answer, there's much more to the question."

"Indeed, I would say so. And I think it would be best if we didn't leave the student near this...thing. I realize that we'll have to leave it here like the last student, and merely alert the Academy, but I think leaving it so close to this anomaly would be most unwise."

The Antigamer
2011-01-16, 07:59 PM
OOC
Test post to make Mammon's appear.

Admiral Squish
2011-01-16, 10:21 PM
Indeed, it probably would be unwise to leave him there in the sickening green light. Already, you can see a change in the hem of his robes closest to the disturbance, the fibers shifting and squirming against each other like tiny worms woven together. The insects from the corpses of the beetles have crawled free of the warped bodies of their carriers, and several dozen of them fly in a wide orbit around the light. The bodies of the beetles, now free of passengers, begin to dissolve, losing their solidity until they are nothing but piles of black, tar-like ooze and green fluids, the piles pulsing as though they still retained some impossible life force. You begin to think that perhaps it would be wise to move on, before the light begins affecting you as well...

A quick search of the student's body reveals his pendant is present and unharmed, though the metal has a strange, rubbery texture to it for a few seconds after you pull it from his neck. It quickly turns back to normal once out of the radius of the green light, however.

The Antigamer
2011-01-16, 10:28 PM
Puck helps Dethir move the student to a corner away from the light, and begins bouncing the medallion in his palm.
"Who's holding onto this then?"

MammonAzrael
2011-01-17, 06:00 PM
Dethir

"I recommend we discuss this as we keep moving. There appears to be nothing here but further risk."

[roll0] to make sure Dethir isn't just totally missing something other than further risk. :smallsmile:

The Antigamer
2011-01-19, 02:55 PM
Puck nods, and shoves the medallion in his pack, taking out a wand as he does so. With one last glance at the sickly green light, he turns to examine the direction they were heading before this mess, tapping the wand against his forehead.

UMD check: [roll0] Repair light damage [roll1]
UMD check: [roll2] Repair light damage [roll3]

The Antigamer
2011-01-19, 02:58 PM
OOC
And one more
UMD check: [roll0] Repair light damage [roll1]

King Tius
2011-01-19, 10:38 PM
Reasonably healed, Lania wipes the blood off her armor and puts away the parchment (though not in that order).

"Only two more metals to go? Hopefully we won't have to kill anything else to get them."

Tacitus
2011-01-20, 03:06 AM
Relic

After checking his crossbow and looking for errant bolts that had not found their mark, a futile effort in the sewers, the jackal headed scholar nods as he walks back up to the group, "Aye, time to press on. So long as we have a rough estimate of this location in regards to depth and whereabouts in the city above we should be able to report it just fine." He takes a moment to look down the passageway they came from and where it was headed as well as the other passage that that this particular junction joined it to.

King Tius
2011-01-20, 08:44 PM
Lania leads the way down the next unexplored passage. If memory serves, that's the center one at the three-way split, yes?