PDA

View Full Version : [NEXUS] OoC VI: Do You Think You Can Handle It?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Ashen Lilies
2010-11-13, 02:34 AM
Due to general agreement between people on both sides of the line, TOWN and ACRO have been merged. Thus, all threads which previously would have fallen in once category or another, should now be tagged [NEXUS].

LONG LIVE THE NEXUS!

:wink:

So, what is Nexus?
Well, the Nexus itself is like a rift, a single, brilliant point where all the universes in this strange thing we call 'reality' meet. Traveling to, from, and between any world or cosmology is theoretically possible here, and the Nexus itself seems to encourage this happening, often sucking beings and locations out of other universes at random, and dumping them on the world that lies at its center. It was not always like this, however. Once there were two worlds at the Nexus' heart, separate and distinct, though somewhat similar in ways. Similar enough that they slowly and eventually merged, so that only one remained. Here in this world the Nexus' influence reigns supreme, and as such the world has defied almost all attempts at classification. Here, knights of old may engage with Jedi knights. Gleaming spaceships land in Dark Age hamlets. Cowboys and samurai quest together to find holy sandwich boxes. And in the heavens above, Xi Wangmu and the Flying Spaghetti Monster meet every Woden's Day to play bowls with Pelor (it gets pretty epic). Here the possibilities are endless, and the universe without rules (except the Forum Rules, and the general FFRP rules, and the Individual Thread Rules, and oh whatever). Welcome to Nexus. Fun is had here.

Major Locales

For an endless world that defies all logic and classification, Nexus can be pretty darn consistent at times. As such, several locations have survived the test of time, remaining (somewhat) constant amidst the chaos of the rest of the world.

Town - At the heart of the Nexus lies the city-state of Town. Self-governed by an elected council, Town can most accurately be described as a city's planner's worst nightmare. A sump of urban madness, here spires of glass and steel can be seen next to Ancient Babylonian slum. Where Hellenistic Temples co-exist with Gothic Cathedrals and the odd Oriental Pagoda. Where crumbling, zombie infested crypts lie untouched in the middle of verdant parkland. It's craaaaaazy. It's Town.

Inside - A sister city to Town, the City of Inside is less chaotic than its close relative. Inside mostly resembles a modern city, with high-rise buildings and apartments, alleyways and roads, though the odd Demonic Monument can still be seen rising up above the surrounding suburb, teeming with dark cultists. Inside is the current seat of the Acronymian Empire, which controls much of the surrounding area.

Outside - If you ain't Inside (or in Town), you're OUTSIDE! :smallamused: Simple as that. Outside is a meta-thread for all those wildernessy type areas that don't merit their own threads, be it wood or lake or tiny shack.

ACRONYMS - Home to adventurers, these complexes provide headquarters and occasionally living space for like-minded Player Characters. Invariably equipped with cheesy names, these structures provide a place for their various members to fight crime, cause chaos, or have kinky lesbian sex. Current Acronyms include:

AMEN - Association for the Malicious, Evil and Nefarious. Evil aligned organization, exists to be EVIL! And sometimes Ebil.
HALO - Heroic, Anti-evil and Lawbreaking Organization. Non-Evil aligned organization, exists to smite wrong-doers.
GLoG - Good League of Good. Good aligned organization, exists to redeem evil-doers.
NO - Neutralist Oganization. Neutral aligned organization, exists to arbitrate between other organizations, and occasionally do their dirty work.
WATCHTOWER - You Know What? Screw It. Non-aligned aligned organization. Exists to destroy threats to Nexus, whatever form they may take.

The Taverns
What kind of vaguely DnDesque adventurer would you be if you didn't visit one of these places at least once? The various Taverns, Grills, Hotels, Cantinas and Restaurant provide meeting places for the Player Characters, areas for quest givers to stand mysteriously in, and also places for people to eat and spend the money they seem to have infinite amounts of. Though there are a vast number of such places in Nexus, some with their own thread and some without, throughout history three major hubs have existed, without which Nexus as we know it wouldn't exist. The Dancing Fox Inn, which is located in Town. Taverna Generica, which is located near Inside. And Trog's Tavern, which is located, maddeningly enough, in Town and Inside at the same time.

Nexus? In my white text?

Nexus Character Directory (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8624672#post8624672)

Ashen Lilies
2010-11-13, 02:38 AM
And while we're on the topic, Mr. Moff:

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x280/kriskatarn/HatersgonnaSPLORK.png

Recaiden
2010-11-13, 02:38 AM
I think I can handle it. :smallcool:

Moff Chumley
2010-11-13, 02:40 AM
And while we're on the topic, Mr. Moff:

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x280/kriskatarn/HatersgonnaSPLORK.png

You can kill me. You can kill mah homies. But the funk? THE FUNK SHALL LIVE ON!

Also, I'm going to throw out there that if you were to attempt to list my five favorite bands, you'd get one. At most. :smalltongue:

The Bushranger
2010-11-13, 02:46 AM
*eyes Moff's sig*

But do you kill them dead as a doorknob?

Ashen Lilies
2010-11-13, 02:49 AM
Probably. Though if anyone asks, they fell down the stairs.

IonDragon
2010-11-13, 02:54 AM
In Ukrain, someone once was decided a suicide. They shot themself in the head. Twice. From 10-20' away. Maybe. I went to go find a link, but couldn't.

happyturtle
2010-11-13, 04:20 AM
And now, for your weekend viewing pleasure, the scariest rose since Stu:
http://epicwinftw.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/b1b6ea36-bb0e-424f-80ad-29bae1323f19.jpg

Morty
2010-11-13, 07:56 AM
My Dwarfs would be happy to help goblins. They certainly aren't speciesist. KK lives in a sensible timezone. Reinholdt's characters are well-adjusted.

:smalltongue:

In all seriousness, they might help out. Probably should aim to talk to the male dwarf first though. He doesn't have a crossbow.

Hey, I never said they'll be happy to help out, just that they'd fit this plot well.
Speaking of the plot... *pokes monsterslayers to Inside* One person just won't do.

Wenomir likes flowers.

HOW DID YOU FIGURE IT OUT ._.

Ashen Lilies
2010-11-13, 07:59 AM
Hey, I never said they'll be happy to help out, just that they'd fit this plot well.
Speaking of the plot *pokes monsterslayers to Inside* One person just won't do.

"Don't bet on it."

Shush, Kazia.

Lix Lorn
2010-11-13, 11:07 AM
I'd be happy to help in most plots. As fun as fluff is, it's getting repetitive. XD

Morty
2010-11-13, 11:12 AM
In this case see the advertisement on the Wall and inquire in the Slums. :smalltongue:

Maxios
2010-11-13, 01:26 PM
Darn you Kris! Last time it was Snares beating me to make the thread, now it's Kid Kris!

horngeek
2010-11-13, 08:32 PM
<.<
>.>

*wonders whether to put Rose in the monsterslayers plot*

happyturtle
2010-11-13, 08:36 PM
You like combat, right? If so, do it.

Murkus
2010-11-13, 08:39 PM
Combat? Monster-hunting?

Where is this quest?

happyturtle
2010-11-13, 08:42 PM
Monster Hunters Needed.
Will Pay Well.
Inquire In Building 97B, Inside Slums.
Ask for Goldbaka Flatnose.

Monsters !

Murkus
2010-11-13, 08:45 PM
Oh yeah that! I think I might have Adir sign up for that.

McBish
2010-11-13, 08:46 PM
Hey all in case someone has noticed I have posted in several days, and I think it is time to make it official. I'm going to take a Hiatus from posting. I don't know how long it is going to be. I think I am going to work on making my own Host a Murder Mystery.

So until I get back here is what is happening with my 3 most active characters.

Angie has disappeared from HALO. All her stuff, the few possessions she had, are still in her room. Someone might spot her in the Slums every now and then, but if they try to investigate she disappears.

Snake Lady that joined AMEN is off trying to gather as much info about GLoG and all of it's members as possible. Trying to figure out something about who killed the snake man several months back.

Phoebe a little annoyed at the fact that the quest she was on wasn't adventurous enough she wandered off into the desert.

The Bushranger
2010-11-13, 08:51 PM
Awww. Hurry back McBish.

Murkus
2010-11-13, 08:58 PM
Well-wishes, Bish. See you around.

Maxios
2010-11-13, 10:11 PM
Asta lavista Bish.

I know I haven't updated the comic in a while guys, but from now on, the Nexus Webcomic updates regurarly.

Nexus #8: Gods of War R' Us
http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy59/maxios5/Nexus008nexusa.png

Nexus #9: Methinks the Beast makes a good statue
http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy59/maxios5/Nexus009.png

Anyway, all embodiments will be named after users that posted on here. Any volunteers for lending their name to be an embodiment of a certain force?

Ashen Lilies
2010-11-13, 10:25 PM
*twitches at improper Spanish*

Bye Bish.

*poofs out of thread*

Also, why am I blond, white and wielding a green sword? :smallconfused:
And War is like, totally not my calling. :smalltongue:

Recaiden
2010-11-13, 10:30 PM
Hasta la vista, KK.

Hyozo
2010-11-13, 10:30 PM
Anyway, all embodiments will be named after users that posted on here. Any volunteers for lending their name to be an embodiment of a certain force?

You absolutely do not have my permission to name any off them after me.

The Bushranger
2010-11-13, 10:35 PM

What he said. <_<

Maxios
2010-11-13, 10:36 PM
*twitches at improper Spanish*

Bye Bish.

*poofs out of thread*

Also, why am I blond, white and wielding a green sword? :smallconfused:
And War is like, totally not my calling. :smalltongue:

No clue. I drew the guy first, then decided to name him Kris.

Boo
I'm feeling like the dialogue is too heavy for each panel.

If you take your time with the comic (specifically drawing, but writing as well) the result will be more rewarding. Eventually, you will be able to do much more in much less time.

horngeek

Same here.

Maxios
2010-11-13, 10:37 PM
Alright. Next time, I'll take longer on it. Also, it says continued tomorrow on each because I wrote the strips a few days ago, and planned on doing them the day after the other, then I decided to put both on the site at the same time.

To the others: Ah no. I guess that goes to randomly looking at the people who posted in the various threads, and naming them like that.

Ashen Lilies
2010-11-13, 10:40 PM
Man, I really wish I had the time to make a comic of my own. :smallfrown:

Maxios
2010-11-13, 10:41 PM
Yeah. Maybe you could illustrate one of the strips Kris.

v Recaiden: Man! I really need to someone to name the Hooded Skeleton dude after!

Recaiden

The same for me, please.

happyturtle
Oh man.. an Annals of Hell comic by Kris would be epic. WANT!!!!!

Maxios
2010-11-13, 10:42 PM
Does anyone volunteer to draw the next couple of Nexus strips? If so, you'll be given credit for drawing in it.

Moff Chumley
2010-11-13, 10:46 PM
Er, guys, I don't think it's quite necessary to officially withhold permission to use your characters... don't ya think just not explicitly giving permission is alright? :smallconfused:

Ashen Lilies
2010-11-13, 10:48 PM
Yeah. Maybe you could illustrate one of the strips Kris.

v Recaiden: Man! I really need to someone to name the Hooded Skeleton dude after!

Sorry, it's the illustrating that takes the most time. :smalltongue:
It already takes me more than an hour to draw a single avatar; a full sized comic could take me the half a day. Add in a complicated action sequence, and... :smalleek: Time better spent doing homework (or posting on the forums and not doing homework, as the case may be... >.>).
Of course, I could speed things up by using copy pasta and dropping the art quality, but... where's the fun in that? The excessive amounts of artsiness would be kind of the draw, dig? I mean, no one would read it for the writing. :smalltongue:

Anyways if I did do a comic, it would probably be more along the lines of Angelic Slayer or that one comic Free Hand did, with all the answering of questions and general gag stuff, with a few mini-arcs. Kris doesn't have the attention span for plawt, especially not drawn out over weeks like in a webcomic. v.v

@v: Indeed you did. I could tell. It's not a good thing. :smallconfused:

Maxios
2010-11-13, 10:51 PM
Kid Kris: I copy paste to make the comic. If you look at the one with The Beast, his posture is the same in the first two panels.
The current strips are currently flashbacks, and will be for 3 or 4 more, and will not involve big action sequences.

Recaiden
Er, guys, I don't think it's quite necessary to officially withhold permission to use your characters... don't ya think just not explicitly giving permission is alright? :smallconfused:

Seeing that Kris was there, I think so. The name Recaiden should only be associated with me.

happyturtle
Diabolic Slayer with hell gags? Come on, you know you want to! :smallbiggrin:

Maxios
2010-11-13, 10:54 PM
To clarify, I didn't get Kris' permission. I just decided to name the character that.
All future embodiments, if named after a user, will be drawn like their current avatar. That means if Moff says I could use his name as an embodiment, we may have a Deadpool embodiment :smalleek:
I'm also thinking about naming the hooded figure Nameless, due to large similarities between his avatar, and the character.

happyturtle
2010-11-13, 10:56 PM
You really should get permission before using anyone's name. Or lack of name, in the case of Nameless. :smalltongue:

Maxios
2010-11-13, 10:57 PM
Your point is valid Happyturtle. I'll PM Nameless and ask.

Lix Lorn
2010-11-13, 10:58 PM
I've only been here for a month, but if you need an embodiment of pervertedness or something, I'm free. :)

Ashen Lilies
You really should get permission before using anyone's name. Or lack of name, in the case of Nameless. :smalltongue:

Yes. I'm not going to demand that you rename your character, or anything silly like that, especially since 'Kris' is a common enough name to pin on simple coincidence, but it does rather irk me. :smallconfused:
If anyone ever refers to him as 'Kid' though, I'm gunning you down. :smalltongue:

Maxios
Lix: Alright. You'll appear as an embodiment soon.

Kris: Alright.

Moff Chumley
2010-11-13, 11:04 PM
Maxios, perhaps a good idea to keep discussion of your comic in its own thread.

Maxios
2010-11-13, 11:04 PM
Good point.

I guess we the discussion of the Nexus webcomic must continue in it's thread.

Ashen Lilies
2010-11-13, 11:18 PM
I regret this. Says the Not-Man, and thinks. All od DC's devices should fritz, because Not-Man has just removed the laws of physics that allow them to function, replacing them with pure magic and illogic. Private morphic demiplanes of insanity are like that.

I'd argue that most of DC's devices run on pure magic and illogic already. They certainly don't obey any physical laws I've ever seen. :smalltongue:

Darkcomet
2010-11-13, 11:23 PM
I'd also argue that physics-deleting is breaking the rules of the fight.

Shadow guy kinda let himself get maneuvered into a corner with DC's precise omission of things that weren't 'mental attacks' in the 'list of things DC isn't allowed to do'. :smalltongue:

Boo
2010-11-13, 11:26 PM
Man... why does it bug me when people claim insanity? Oh, right! It's like an airhead calling themselves an airhead! :smalltongue:

EDIT: I found this funny...

"limiting any godly abilities to a sane level"

Private morphic demiplanes of insanity are like that.

There was another thing, but that would be nitpicking too much. I had myself a giggle is all.

Maxios
2010-11-13, 11:54 PM
If anyone wants to have a picture of their character made, please PM me.

Boo
2010-11-14, 12:29 AM
Dearest DC, if you would like a break, I may be of use. If not, then do join the party some time.

Moff Chumley
2010-11-14, 12:35 AM
So instead of starting with the character and finding a themesong, I wanna try the reverse.

What kind of character would have this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylxT7bQ0AmA) as a themesong? :smallbiggrin:

Boo
2010-11-14, 12:41 AM
A drug addicted scientist who has developed a love potion that only affects hot hipster (or indie) chicks. Alternatively: mistakenly used the love potion on him/herself and is in love with someone or something (such as a lamp).

The first minute made me think of CSI montages and it took off from there.

Moff Chumley
2010-11-14, 12:54 AM
I think the drug-addicted part is pretty obvious. But I'm not sure about the indie/hipster part, seeing as Era Vulgaris only managed a 6.2 on Pitchfork. :smalltongue:

Boo
2010-11-14, 01:07 AM
What can I say? I like irony.

Moff Chumley
2010-11-14, 01:11 AM
Subtle. I dig it. However, a case could be made that Nexus has a significant dearth of indie chicks. Or even chicks that swing that way, and you can ask anyone, I don't play whiney characters, and since it's me playin' em, that means unsuccessful characters. :smalltongue:

Boo
2010-11-14, 01:22 AM
I lack the... depth of musical knowledge to play such a character. :smalltongue: The most I could do would play a bitchy, GB'd version of myself.

Moff Chumley
2010-11-14, 01:24 AM
*shoves Chumley behind back*

I totally haven't done that. *cough*

Boo
2010-11-14, 01:42 AM
*thinks about it*

IonDragon
2010-11-14, 03:41 AM
Okay, it's really late and there's like 5 pages of Trog's I don't think I really want to read right now. Did anything important happen with the Arken plot?

happyturtle
2010-11-14, 03:55 AM
I haven't started my part of it yet. I'm hoping to by Monday, but it will depend on whether I'm still sleeping around the clock like I am not.

IonDragon
2010-11-14, 04:15 AM
Hooray for nothing happening!

Ashen Lilies
2010-11-14, 07:37 AM
Diabolic Slayer with hell gags? Come on, you know you want to! :smallbiggrin:

Hmm... maybe a choose your own adventure RPG style thing? Probably less artistically demanding since you'd only have to do one or two panels per update.
The only problem is trying to fend off the inevitable massive wave of MS Paint Adventure references...
Perhaps a post-apocalyptic setting where pumpkins are extinct... :smalltongue:

On topic now:
Yeah, can't think of anything on topic. Have a WINSIGN instead.
http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/29a2686b-6f15-4590-ad12-8428eb5f95d1.jpg

Boo
2010-11-14, 07:47 AM
*SWOOSH* (http://vimeo.com/15425583) :smallsmile:

Ashen Lilies
2010-11-14, 08:00 AM
Wha- What did I just watch!? :smalleek:

Morty
2010-11-14, 08:13 AM
On the subject of the monster-slaying plot that was mentioned before the silly intermission containing badly-drawn comics happened: yes, everyone is free to put their characters there. It's kind of the point. :smalltongue: And since it's a whole mountain, there can be as many monsters to kill there as I want.
Also, *prods peoples to NO*. Dipsnig needs to have the sword looked at before he sends it to the Admiral.

IonDragon
2010-11-14, 10:36 AM
Wha- What did I just watch!? :smalleek:
Acid at work, and lot's of it. Over a 20 day period.

On the subject of the monster-slaying plot that was mentioned before the silly intermission containing badly-drawn comics happened: yes, everyone is free to put their characters there. It's kind of the point. :smalltongue: And since it's a whole mountain, there can be as many monsters to kill there as I want.
Also, *prods peoples to NO*. Dipsnig needs to have the sword looked at before he sends it to the Admiral.
What's the short version of this monster hunter plot? It probably wouldn't fit Lo, I don't think.

Morty
2010-11-14, 10:39 AM
Acid at work, and lot's of it. Over a 20 day period.

What's the short version of this monster hunter plot? It probably wouldn't fit Lo, I don't think.

The gist of it is: some goblin NPCs from Inside, played by me, want to settle down in their own mountain colony. They're hiring people both from organizations and unafilliated, to clear the mountain out of monsters first. Meaning that a character will simply enter, slay some monsters and leave.
On another note, I made another attempt at a Wenomir TekTek avatar. While the creator doesn't seem to contain a simple mail and surcoat, I managed to achieve something relatively satisfactory:
http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1011/d14/1229/1830281.png (http://tektek.org/avatar/40695158)

IonDragon
2010-11-14, 10:42 AM
It's probably not for me at this time. Lo is low on ammo and doesn't know where to get any in town yet, and he still hasn't acclimated to the whole Nexus thing either. Maybe next time.

Haruki-kun
2010-11-14, 11:47 AM
Hey, everyone!

Got a bored spare character with nothing to do?

GOOD! Beach party at Outside! Now! Go! =D

Project_Mayhem
2010-11-14, 12:28 PM
Raz mutters something in highspeech

I'll give it a look, hold on

He proceeds to scan the object with his matter/space sight. He should pick up anything generically magical, anything spatially interesting, and anything to do with the objects composition.

((I'm going to post this in the OOC thread for DC and Reinholdt to describe what he sees))

Because magical properties and hidden explosives.

Maxios
2010-11-14, 04:31 PM
The Rings of Power thread has been formed!

Boo
2010-11-14, 07:43 PM
We've only just begun. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175904)

Thank spagetti this is small scale. I doubt anyone will take the time to ask someone else to build whatever they want, but you never know.

Darkcomet
2010-11-14, 08:00 PM
"A place of pain and suffering. And the planning of such to be done to others."

AMEN isn't a nice place. That's why Rogar usually gives Cyan a few extra coins at the end of the week. Hey, henchmen stick together, most of the world is against them.

What's next, are they going to go on strike until Gordon gives them higher pay? :smalltongue:

ThePhantom
2010-11-14, 08:02 PM
Oh, Gordon pays them well. They get vacations to Hawaii, very good health insurance (Note, no life insurance), and once Gordon wins, they'll lord over the people. After all, at that point, they won't be the member's targets.

Except maybe Cyan. Poor guy.

The Bushranger
2010-11-14, 08:04 PM
"What's that, somebody said we get to strike the henchmen?

...Bowling for Henchies!"

:smalltongue:

Boo
2010-11-14, 08:18 PM
The best I ever got was a turkey.

happyturtle
2010-11-15, 04:18 AM
http://www.savagechickens.com/images/chickentroll2.jpg

The Arkenshirt plot might start tonight. But might not. I'm still really tired.

Zefir
2010-11-15, 04:27 AM
I can wait for it and both of my chars are in Trogs.

Maxios
2010-11-15, 11:41 AM
Hey guys, could someone create a character for my "Rings of Power" thread?

Recaiden
2010-11-15, 06:06 PM

If someone wants to, they will. Rae already plays a Blue Lantern, I think.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-15, 06:07 PM
If someone wants to, they will. Rae already plays a Blue Lantern, I think.

I'm already there, actually.

Maxios
2010-11-15, 06:10 PM
Gimiligamer told me earlier that he/she may join as a Red Lantern.

ApeofLight
2010-11-15, 07:15 PM
umm whats going on with the arkenpants plot? It seems to have gotten eaten by other posts.

Maxios
2010-11-15, 08:09 PM
[Docks]

Rot is hit by torpedoes!

:smalleek::smalleek::smalleek:

Uh... There... Where'd the vampire go?

Oh. There he is. All those dust particles floating around. Yeah. :smallannoyed:

He'll be back! Eventually! >.>

Does this mean Rot has been finally killed?

Gullara
2010-11-15, 08:10 PM
Does this mean Rot has been finally killed?

Nope Fiiiiiiiiler

Rot does indeed!

His coffin!

See how he re...gen...er...

Okay, so the coffin in his room only has a bit of swirly dust in it. Regeneration's not an instantaneous process. :smallannoyed:

*goes off to watch paint dry*

Maxios
2010-11-15, 08:12 PM
OK. I was confused about whether everyone's (least)favorite vampire had been finally done in.

Beans
2010-11-15, 08:13 PM
How does "He'll be back! Eventually!" leave any room for confusion?

ApeofLight
2010-11-15, 08:15 PM
OK. I was confused about whether everyone's (least)favorite vampire had been finally done in.

Hey, I like Rot, what's wrong with Rot?

Maxios
2010-11-15, 08:16 PM
Nothing's wrong with Rot.

Gullara
2010-11-15, 08:16 PM

Ya, I here he's fun to light on fire:smalltongue:

Maxios
2010-11-15, 08:18 PM
I've heard that too.

VampireRot
I hear its very fun to walk up to Rot and present your bare neck.

For cookies! >.>

ApeofLight
:smallconfused:

Then why say he was every bodies (least)favorite vampire without any sign of being sarcastic?

Gullara
2010-11-15, 08:20 PM
I hear its very fun to walk up to Rot and present your bare neck.

For cookies! >.>

Speaking of which, regenerate faster!

:smallconfused:

Then why say he was every bodies (least)favorite vampire without any sign of being sarcastic?

I believe it was a joke, thus putting it in brackets.

Recaiden

Direct hit with a torpedo, as I understand.

Maxios
I WAS being sarcastic.

I heard it's fun to throw a stake at Rot, and that he prefer's T-Bone.

happyturtle
2010-11-15, 08:21 PM
Rot is made of win and cookies. And fire. Lots of fire.

ApeofLight
2010-11-15, 08:22 PM
Mmm, fire....

IonDragon
2010-11-15, 08:43 PM
The Arkenshirt plot might start tonight. But might not. I'm still really tired.

I kind of hope not. I'm headed to my IRL game in just a moment...

Rae Artemi
2010-11-15, 08:50 PM

It sort of started already...

happyturtle
2010-11-15, 11:23 PM

Sorry, Ion. I don't think I've ever seen you log on early enough to participate though. :smallfrown:

FireFox
2010-11-15, 11:30 PM
I thank everyone waiting on my plot in GLoG for their commendable patience. I will continue there tomorrow afternoon.

happyturtle
2010-11-15, 11:33 PM
Hmmm...

Maxios goes to the Noir HQ, and hires them to takedown Mercury.

Maxios, you actually need to interact with the people who run NOIR. They don't just run on automatic. :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2010-11-15, 11:34 PM
I thank everyone waiting on my plot in GLoG for their commendable patience. I will continue there tomorrow afternoon.

No problem. RL first and all. :smallsmile:

I will say I'm having a great deal of fun with it. :smallbiggrin:
Maybe too much. >>

horngeek
2010-11-15, 11:39 PM
No problem. RL first and all. :smallsmile:

I will say I'm having a great deal of fun with it. :smallbiggrin:
Maybe too much. >>

And I reading it so far. Only didn't put Karen in before because... well, she was building a Manse. On the other hand, plot clones! :smallbiggrin:

Ashen Lilies
2010-11-16, 05:38 AM
Rot is made of win and cookies. And fire. Lots of fire.

Vampires: Rich in phlogiston? :smallconfused:

Quincunx
2010-11-16, 07:05 AM
That would explain the sparkling. :smallamused:

Darkcomet
2010-11-16, 07:34 AM
*glances at Inside*

Another attack so soon? Really, Phantom, TE?

This is gonna be ridiculous. :smallsigh: This kind of thing is why AMEN was getting counterattacked constantly a while back, and I'm quite sure no one really enjoyed that.

Zefir
2010-11-16, 07:51 AM

I could send you Zefir he is on the quest and has no super powers but hey will be my first plot clone.

Ashen Lilies
2010-11-16, 08:56 AM
Getting a little leery of thread necromancy, and the tags are terribly out of date anyway, so...
New thread for Restaurant Enchante? Yes/No?

Morty
2010-11-16, 09:07 AM
Maxios, you actually need to interact with the people who run NOIR. They don't just run on automatic. :smalltongue:

Not to mention taking down people is SAINT's job.

Getting a little leery of thread necromancy, and the tags are terribly out of date anyway, so...
New thread for Restaurant Enchante? Yes/No?

Sure, why not.

happyturtle
2010-11-16, 09:19 AM
If you use the report function on any thread, you can request a mod to change the tag (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9239406#post9239406), as well as ask permission to revive it (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9758865&postcount=3).

Or you can make a new thread, but with the necromancy limit being changed to 6 weeks, it's likely to need more permission granted every time a new set of customers arrive.

Or you can use the new Random thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175999).

Zefir
2010-11-16, 09:23 AM
Necromancy is changed from 3 months to 6 weeks? Does this only count for the PbP threads or does that count for all?

happyturtle
2010-11-16, 09:25 AM
Everywhere. The only exception is homebrew.

Ashen Lilies
2010-11-16, 09:25 AM
I think I'll go ahead and make a new one anyway, updated for NEXUS.
That'll be sometime tomorrow, of course. Or next week. :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2010-11-16, 09:27 AM
You should post in the MagCave before you poof for the night.

Ashen Lilies
2010-11-16, 09:28 AM
Oh of course. I'll be on a while yet, I just don't have the time to post big long posts or new threads and the like. Also, is it safe to assume The Weald has rolled over to the next day? I'm so looking forward to killing everybody. >.>

KerfuffleMach2
2010-11-16, 09:29 AM
...man, it's weird knowing that it's night for you right now, Kris, while it's morning here. In fact, I'm in class right now.

Zefir
2010-11-16, 09:29 AM
Just a question is the wdding of Magtok done or isn't he married yet?

Ashen Lilies
2010-11-16, 09:32 AM
Not yet. I'm assuming it'll be the big event of the year.
I'm wondering if it will surpass Happy and Fan's wedding in terms of sheer chaos.

happyturtle
2010-11-16, 09:37 AM
You missed your chance to kill Charity. She got summoned home by robot messenger.

Magtok isn't married yet. Maybe the RE needs to specifically list some party venue options, such as the Gothic Temple of No Specific Religious Affiliation or the Four Star Hotel Ballroom with Open Bar.

@Kris: You forgot the bridal train getting dragged through insanity dust. Edit ninja. :smalltongue:

Morty
2010-11-16, 09:41 AM
Ah, Fan and Happy's wedding. Good times. :smallcool: If Magtok does invite everyone, his wedding has a good chance of being just as merry, I'd say.

Ashen Lilies
2010-11-16, 09:49 AM
Happy: Why do you think I brought Restaurant Enchante up just now? :smallcool:And yeah I did. Need to go find that thread again.

Just as merry, though hopefully it would avoid the OMG DRAMAZ I seem to recall happening. My recollection may be faulty though. Again, I shall re-read the thread and reminisce.

happyturtle
2010-11-16, 09:54 AM
*handwaves*

There was no drama.

Ashen Lilies
2010-11-16, 09:56 AM
There was no drama... O_O

The anti anti magic field field needs to see more use... Though then again, nowadays it isn't antimagic that's the problem any more...

Morty
2010-11-16, 09:59 AM
There'll be at least one fight. It's kinda, you know, guaranteed. Hopefully it'll be a nice, friendly brawl instead of a free-for-all battle.
Also, *pokes Kris to the monter-slaying*.

Zefir
2010-11-16, 09:59 AM
Does Mag already have a religion or more a priest doing the wedding. You know my lesser god for Andys backstory just waits to show up.:smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

Ashen Lilies
2010-11-16, 10:12 AM
So I was thinking of titles for hypothetical Kris-comic, when suddenly A Devil and a Demigoddess Walk Into a Bar... leaped out and grabbed me by the face. And I thought, OMG IT'S PERFECT! Except I don't have a demigoddess character, so I'd obviously have to create one. So I thought and thought and thought, and utterly failed to come up with any ideas. Is something wrong with me? :smalleek:

Murkus
2010-11-16, 10:26 AM
There'll be at least one fight. It's kinda, you know, guaranteed. Hopefully it'll be a nice, friendly brawl instead of a free-for-all battle.
Also, *pokes Kris to the monter-slaying*.

Did anyone else think of this song? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzpWJx3I2DY)

Morty
2010-11-16, 10:28 AM
So I was thinking of titles for hypothetical Kris-comic, when suddenly A Devil and a Demigoddess Walk Into a Bar... leaped out and grabbed me by the face. And I thought, OMG IT'S PERFECT! Except I don't have a demigoddess character, so I'd obviously have to create one. So I thought and thought and thought, and utterly failed to come up with any ideas. Is something wrong with me? :smalleek:

Who are you and what have you done with Kris? o.e

Did anyone else think of this song? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzpWJx3I2DY)

<.< What song is it? Because it appears I can't watch it in my country for whatever reason.

Murkus
2010-11-16, 10:31 AM
Ballroom Blitz. Can't watch it in your country... that's odd.

happyturtle
2010-11-16, 10:33 AM
The bastard daughter of a goddess of fidelity. :smallamused:

Ashen Lilies
2010-11-16, 10:35 AM
It happens. Quite a lot of videos (especially music videos) aren't available outside AMURRICAH. It's better that people give the name/some sort of clue to what song they're linking to so others can search it up if they get the dreaded read box.
Stupid Sony Entertainment Media. :smallannoyed:

Reinholdt
2010-11-16, 10:37 AM
Oh of course. I'll be on a while yet, I just don't have the time to post big long posts or new threads and the like. Also, is it safe to assume The Weald has rolled over to the next day? I'm so looking forward to killing everybody. >.>

Yes. I had thought I had mentioned that in my most recent post. :smallconfused:
But then no one else replied, so it may be Riace and Eldy are snuggled together in a tent still sleeping. Cats... :smalltongue:

Recaiden
2010-11-16, 10:42 AM
Yes. I had thought I had mentioned that in my most recent post. :smallconfused:
But then no one else replied, so it may be Riace and Eldy are snuggled together in a tent still sleeping. Cats... :smalltongue:

That might just make them easier to kill.

happyturtle
2010-11-16, 10:52 AM
The bastard daughter of a goddess of fidelity. :smallamused:

Or you could steal Helen's origin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leda_%28mythology%29) but have her turn out half swan with Decker-ish tendencies.

Ashen Lilies
2010-11-16, 11:13 AM
Not working... >.<
Like I need my attention divided between even more characters anyway.
Maybe I should go unjoin SW: Redux too. Even if I do have... six character ideas for it.

The Bushranger
2010-11-16, 12:41 PM
...six weeks on threadomancy?
I think we need to campaign for an extension for FFRP.
Then again, in the past, I've re-posted in threads older than three months and never had a problem... <_<

Also, big storm = DSL at home dropping again. :smallsigh: At library now, not sure if it'll be up enough for chat tonight.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-16, 05:00 PM
"My hops are gone in the past, I don't want to fear or be feared, love is a thing i only knew a few hours, compasion isn't allways my thing and rage either way."

He picks up the green ring.

"My will is twice as strong and stands a powerfull mindcontroll yes this is my thing."

Wait, but it was Andy's hope that broke the mind control, not his willpower...

Zefir
2010-11-16, 05:03 PM
Not really the thing that took over controll had the hope its like carry the lost parts of his mind.

Maxios
2010-11-16, 05:04 PM
Here's the link to the LANTERN thread, Zefir.
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175890

I can't belive how many people are joining the thread, and how fast it's growing!

Lix Lorn
2010-11-16, 05:21 PM
Light All Nights, Transform Evil into Rent Nothingness!

Zefir
2010-11-16, 05:23 PM
Here's the link to the LANTERN thread, Zefir.
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175890

I can't belive how many people are joining the thread, and how fast it's growing!

I liked the latern idea but and you hit my char in the right moment with it^^.

Maxios
2010-11-16, 05:30 PM
Lix Lorn: Maybe you should create a character to join the thread.

Zefir: Great! If I didn't post the box thing right then, then perhaps the LANTERN thread would be one member short.

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-16, 05:31 PM
Yeah, it has grown pretty fast. I guess cause people want to play crimefighters, and HALO doesn't fight crime much anymore.

Maxios
2010-11-16, 05:33 PM
Indeed. All HALO does is have romance plots.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-16, 05:38 PM
Fighting crime? Rae's just there for the food. :P

Maxios
2010-11-16, 05:39 PM
I thought he was there for the talking toilets :smalltongue:

Rae Artemi
2010-11-16, 05:47 PM

Nope, those are just a bonus.

Maxios
2010-11-16, 05:50 PM
Oddly enough, the toilets alone cost 1/4 of the total cost. They also cost more then the Danger Room, Arena, and Teleporters put together.

VampireRot
2010-11-16, 05:50 PM

Nope, those are just a bonus.

Bu...

Wha...

The... kz!

O.-

Why?! :smalleek::smallmad:

Maxios
2010-11-16, 05:52 PM
Rot: If you really want to understand, you'll have to join the thread.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-16, 05:53 PM
Bu...

Wha...

The... kz!

O.-

Why?! :smalleek::smallmad:

Blame Maxios. (The character, not the player.)

Maxios
2010-11-16, 05:54 PM
He assumed a lot of people would join just so they could see the talking toilets.

Darkcomet
2010-11-16, 05:55 PM
Hey Maxios. Bit of advice. You seem a bit...overzealous with your advertising and recruiting attempts rather often. Not just things like the constant advertising in OOC either.

I mean, really.

Handing those things out like Halloween candy in Trog's seems like a bit much to me. >.>

VampireRot
2010-11-16, 05:55 PM
But why would you want your toilets to talk?!! ._.

That's... Like... :smallyuk:

Rae Artemi
2010-11-16, 05:56 PM
But why would you want your toilets to talk?!! ._.

That's... Like... :smallyuk:

You do realize that they actually have talking toilets, like, in real life, right?

Maxios
2010-11-16, 05:57 PM
DC: What can I say, Maxios (the PC)'s reruiting methods are...unorthodox. And I wasn't the one who started the conversation about the thread earlier.

Rot: I don't really know either. It just occured to me that talking toilets would be really interesting to be in the base,

Rae: Indeed. I got the idea for it to appear from a tv show.

VampireRot
2010-11-16, 06:00 PM
You do realize that they actually have talking toilets, like, in real life, right?

My toilet doesn't talk.

I don't want my toilet to talk.

._.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-16, 06:01 PM
Rot: I don't really know either. It just occured to me that talking toilets would be really interesting to be in the base,

Then why is he not actually, you know, advertising them?

In completely unrelated news, apples to apples (www.nutsybolts.com/invite.php/18577/OOTS), anyone interested? RPGs, Kerfuffle and I are already there.

Maxios
2010-11-16, 06:02 PM
It's the toilets in the rocket ships that talk.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-16, 06:02 PM
It's the toilets in the rocket ships that talk.

Rae: I think I'll check your thread out that you just mentioned.

Thread? No thread, just the game. Which I lost :/

Maxios
2010-11-16, 06:03 PM
Alright. What's the name of the server?

Murkus
2010-11-16, 06:04 PM

What?

Why?

Where?

Rae Artemi
2010-11-16, 06:04 PM
Alright. What's the name of the server?

Just click the link, and you're there. You were there for a second.

Maxios
2010-11-16, 06:05 PM
Alright, I joined

Gullara
2010-11-16, 06:05 PM
In completely unrelated news, apples to apples (www.nutsybolts.com/invite.php/18577/OOTS), anyone interested? RPGs, Kerfuffle and I are already there.

Join us, join us, join us *continues chanting*

Quincunx
2010-11-16, 06:07 PM
What?

Why?

Where?

Talking toilets, because they're crazy over there, Japan. You can even get a toilet with an amplified faux flushing noise, in case you want to disguise the sounds of your bodily processes without wasting water.

ThePhantom
2010-11-16, 06:14 PM
*glances at Inside*

Another attack so soon? Really, Phantom, TE?

This is gonna be ridiculous. :smallsigh: This kind of thing is why AMEN was getting counterattacked constantly a while back, and I'm quite sure no one really enjoyed that.

Look, it wasn't my idea. Just relax.

Ashen Lilies
2010-11-16, 06:21 PM
Power rings with the potential for near-omnipotence? In a box? Given away utterly free and without a hitch, without regard for who or what would put them on, and what they would use them for?
How... massively destabilizing. :smallcool:

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x280/kriskatarn/KRnewbig.png

Maxios
2010-11-16, 06:22 PM
Like I said, Maxios is a tad unorthodox.

Murkus
2010-11-16, 06:22 PM
Talking toilets, because they're crazy over there, Japan. You can even get a toilet with an amplified faux flushing noise, in case you want to disguise the sounds of your bodily processes without wasting water.

Well, that explains it.

But I still don't understand why your toilet would need to talk to you. Does it say 'thank you' after flushing?

:smalleek:

horngeek
2010-11-16, 06:23 PM
Well, that explains it.

But I still don't understand why your toilet would need to talk to you. Does it say 'thank you' after flushing?

:smalleek:

Some, probably.

They're Crazy Awesome over in Japan.

VampireRot
Power rings with the potential for near-omnipotence? In a box? Given away utterly free and without a hitch, without regard for who or what would put them on, and what they would use them for?
How... massively destabilizing. :smallcool:

I was this close to having Ermine grab one then go on a rampage of thievery and pirating. >.>

But I missed my chance. She doesn't need no stinkin' magic anyway.

Maxios
I wonder if the toilets say "NUMBER 1 or NUMBER 2" depending on what you did.

Darkcomet
Look, it wasn't my idea. Just relax.

It looks like it was your idea to me. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9773119&postcount=576)

Lix Lorn
2010-11-16, 06:26 PM
I was this close to having Ermine grab one then go on a rampage of thievery and pirating. >.>

I like Ermine. (nodnod)

Ashen Lilies
Like I said, Maxios is a tad unorthodox.

I'm sure KR would have different word for it. Shortly before she descends on your organization in a wave of petty vandalism and spite.
Er... Rage and fury. RAGE AND FURY!

Rae Artemi
Why does everyone blow the power ring's power so out of proportion? They have nowhere near the power of near Omnipotence, they take time to learn how to use, and they all have weaknesses.

Darkcomet
2010-11-16, 06:28 PM
Perhaps, Rae, but the fact that the two who planned LANTERN were Maxios, famous for casually putting an apocabeast under HALO, and ThirdEmperor, whose every character seems to be ludicrously powerful, do not help matters of perception of power.

Maxios
2010-11-16, 06:29 PM
Kris: Unless KR has a spaceship, there's no way she can destroy them.

Rae: Yes, but to these newcomers with the rings, they thing that there is nothing they can't do. Maxios has yet to learn that.

DC: Acually, the Beast was tricked into working for HALO. And it was all my idea.

ThePhantom
2010-11-16, 06:30 PM
It looks like it was your idea to me. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9773119&postcount=576)

It was late, and he wanted something to do. As I said, relax.

Beans
The fact that people recognized the apocabeast as actually existing (no offense, Macks, but it's honestly the sort of hellspawn you'd see as a MCDONALD'S KID'S MEAL TOY) gave me several heart attacks.

However, I find the fact that the beast is literally doing menial housework at HALO to be somewhat redeeming.

Rae Artemi
Rae: Yes, but to these newcomers with the rings, they thing that there is nothing they can't do. Maxios has yet to learn that.

Well, Rae's gonna put a stop to that right quick. Having a whole bunch of people with powers and no ideas of the limits of them is a good way to get people killed.

Ashen Lilies
2010-11-16, 06:31 PM
Of course, but a box of free power boosting items, powered by (on occasion, less than healthy) emotions is still a problem in KR's eyes.

Maxios
2010-11-16, 06:33 PM
Beans: No offense taken.

Rae: Indeed. I'm surprised Maxios didn't already destroy HQ.

KR: Yeah, it probably wasn't one of his best ideas.

Darkcomet
2010-11-16, 06:38 PM

*shrug* You guys didn't like getting attacked constantly either, so I figured I should remind you of that before you did the same to me.

Gullara
2010-11-16, 07:05 PM

She still can. But you'd have to joint the corps

Agreed.

Darkcomet
2010-11-16, 07:06 PM
Because AMEN literally JUST got done attacking Inside once already, and I don't feel like being attacked constantly. AMEN didn't like it when they were being attacked constantly either.

What's not to get?

ThePhantom
2010-11-16, 07:08 PM
Relax, I was going to leave off attacking, but he wanted something to do.

Darkcomet
2010-11-16, 07:10 PM
Yeah, so TE gets to derive amusement from my irritation.

Nice to know.

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-16, 07:17 PM
Perhaps, Rae, but the fact that the two who planned LANTERN were Maxios, famous for casually putting an apocabeast under HALO, and ThirdEmperor, whose every character seems to be ludicrously powerful, do not help matters of perception of power.

Every character? Hmmmm...... Prince is very tough and skilled, yes, but any wizard could take him down with a hold person spell, or other such thing. Heck, take away his bag of holding and a novice wizard could take him. Mercury? Really doesn't have much but illusions, and is exhausted very easily by non-illusions, his offensive power is pretty much nil. Chezchire can teleport, has floating eyes that let him see stuff, and can stretch his jaw. Somewhat owerful, but dimensional lock or anything of the kind is a death toll for him, and I try not to overuse teleport in (serious) fights.

The Weather cannot attack people except through his champion the Weatherman, who is a pacifist, and would die to a quick stab to the back. The Not-Man cannot leave his private demi-plane, so yes, ludicrous power, but only if you walk in and attack/challenge him. Riv was very overpowered for a time, but is now one-armed, powerless, crippled and mortal. My powerfull characters all have serious limits, in case you didn't notice.

Plus? LANTERN was Maxios's idea. I just joined cause it looked like a cool place to hang out.

Darkcomet
2010-11-16, 07:24 PM
1. I seem to recall Mercury telekinetically yanking at a certain hat with the strength of a bulldozer. And yes I'm aware Altara is rather high powered, so no, you can't use that against me either.
2. Something about Prince having Exalted powers...? Uncertain of the status of that, really. Vaguely remember him going to Haruki's Witch to get his powers back...
3. ...you know what, never mind, I've noticed a pattern.

You like glass cannons, don't you? >.>

Recaiden
2010-11-16, 07:36 PM
Kris: Unless KR has a spaceship, there's no way she can destroy them.

She can be provided with a spaceship. :smallamused:

Maxios
2010-11-16, 07:37 PM
Yes but then KR will have to deal with a meager defense system guarding the base, then an army of people with power rings.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-16, 07:39 PM
Army? We have five people...

Maxios
2010-11-16, 07:41 PM
Good point. It's under the assumption though, that by the time KR does get a spaceship, there will be a bunch of people in the team.

Beans
2010-11-16, 07:43 PM
Good point. It's under the assumption though, that by the time KR does get a spaceship, there will be a bunch of people in the team.
Are you serious, mah boi?
http://obamiconme.pastemagazine.com/entries/images/b0/2a/828121/original_image.jpg?1234928884

Maxios
2010-11-16, 07:45 PM
Half-serious. When KR attacks, there'll probably be 10 or 8 people with power rings, against one person.

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-16, 07:47 PM
1. I seem to recall Mercury telekinetically yanking at a certain hat with the strength of a bulldozer. And yes I'm aware Altara is rather high powered, so no, you can't use that against me either.
2. Something about Prince having Exalted powers...? Uncertain of the status of that, really. Vaguely remember him going to Haruki's Witch to get his powers back...
3. ...you know what, never mind, I've noticed a pattern.

You like glass cannons, don't you? >.>

1. Yes, but that took out a good third of his magical reserves in one shot. Which is why he had to give up. As I said, he does non non-illusions, but they cost him a lot. And dangit, the bit about Altara killed my retort, as I knew this would come up and thought of one in advance.:smalltongue:

2. He's actually a defective Exalted proto-type from a alternate universe. He's stronger, faster, and tougher while using his powers, but he lacks the Charms and such that make Exalted kickbutt. And he got his powers back, but he can only use them if someone asks him to or to defend himself. He's pretty much incapable of attacking anyone. Very much overcomplicated? Yes. Fun? Yes.

And yes, I like glass cannons and powerful characters with massive limitations. Like being trapped in a demi-plane or stupidity of beyond-Elan levels.

Recaiden
2010-11-16, 07:48 PM
Half-serious. When KR attacks, there'll probably be 10 or 8 people with power rings, against one person.

Why assume it will be only KR? :smalltongue: Besides, space stations are notoriously vulnerable.

Maxios
2010-11-16, 07:49 PM
Why assume it will be only KR? :smalltongue: Besides, space stations are notoriously vulnerable.

Unless they recruit a farm boy who used to bullseye womp-rats, I think LANTERN would win. Even if KR brings with her everyone in WATCHTOWER,

happyturtle
2010-11-16, 07:49 PM

Good. Then LANTERN might stand a chance. :smallbiggrin:

Maxios
2010-11-16, 07:50 PM
Maybe. But, I'm sure LANTERN would win. I think WATCHTOWER should attack, and we'll see who is victorious.

Darkcomet
2010-11-16, 07:51 PM
Unless they recruit a farm boy who used to bullseye womp-rats, I think LANTERN would win. Even if KR brings with her everyone in WATCHTOWER,

I'm pretty sure we have a psychic who has access to significant military equipment, along with having telekinetically yanked a killsat out of space once.

...of course, that made him pass out last time...

>.>

<.<

Beans
2010-11-16, 07:51 PM
http://fc36.deviantart.com/fs23/f/2007/356/2/2/LINK_STOP_LAUGHING_MAH_BOI_by_Aethios.png
*water comes out nose*
Yeah, I was drinking while reading that.

Recaiden
2010-11-16, 07:52 PM
Maybe. But, I'm sure LANTERN would win. I think WATCHTOWER should attack, and we'll see who is victorious.

You don't know KR, do you? :smalltongue:
Or WATCHTOWER.

Maxios
2010-11-16, 07:52 PM
Sure I do! I have a character in WATCHTOWER you know.

UncleWolf
2010-11-16, 07:54 PM
Not to mention Jeremy/Vengeance, who is probably the Anti-thesis of a Lantern now that I think about it...

hehe

Maxios
2010-11-16, 07:54 PM
It's setteled: WATCHTOWER will attack LANTERN

KerfuffleMach2
2010-11-16, 07:55 PM

...I missed something, didn't I?

Darkcomet
That's not your choice to make, I'm afraid, Maxios. :smalltongue:

ApeofLight
Then you know that Watchtower was set up to stop APOCALYPSES. It would probably be a half day event for them. Might even put it on the same day as bring your child to work.

You could however have Lantern attack Watchtower. They might even blink.

horngeek
2010-11-16, 07:56 PM

Why?

I mean, LANTERN hasn't actually done anything apocalyptic. So, why?

Maxios
Keruffle: Yeah. Users with characters in WATCHTOWER want to attack LANTERN. So soon, LANTERN HQ will likely be invaded.

Why? LANTERN was giving power rings away like candy. Which may cause an apocolypse.

Darkcomet
Then you know that Watchtower was set up to stop APOCALYPSES. It would probably be a half day event for them. Might even put it on the same day as bring your child to work.

"Uh...isn't that basically all the time for me?"

Isn't it, Kris? =P

Also, I'm not sure if there's going to be an attack. I don't care, myself, but I'm pretty sure we're speaking in hypothetical terms, here...

ThirdEmperor
Honestly, I really want to see this fight now. Chezchire will probably be the only one to "win" though. Because he'll steal the HQ, power rings and possibly KR's spaceship the moment everyone's distracted by the fighting.

Murkus
Why?

I mean, LANTERN hasn't actually done anything apocalyptic. So, why?

Handing out power rings could be considered destabilizing. Might threaten the world.

But maybe not. Meh.

Recaiden
2010-11-16, 07:57 PM
Keruffle: Yeah. Users with characters in WATCHTOWER want to attack LANTERN. So soon, LANTERN HQ will likely be invaded.

That's not how it works. One person said one of their characters kind of disliked LANTERN, and then another agreed. You just ran with it.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-11-16, 07:57 PM
Handing out power rings could be considered destabilizing. Might threaten the world.

But maybe not. Meh.

Entertaining, to say the least.

Maxios
2010-11-16, 07:58 PM
If WATCHTOWER attacks, it will be over giving away the Power Rings.

Recaiden: It wasn't just me, it was other people suggesting the battle too.

Beans
... You're going to unwrap the long, narrow box in hopes of it being a BB gun, only to find it's another pair of pool cues.
Not the best Kweeznuz morning experience, eh?

/metaphor

Honestly, I really want to see this fight now. Chezchire will probably be the only one to "win" though. Because he'll steal the HQ, power rings and possibly KR's spaceship the moment everyone's distracted by the fighting.
Ugggggggggggggghhh.

I had a little heart attack reading that.

You do know there's something inherently wrong with this post, right?

Recaiden
If WATCHTOWER attacks, it will be over giving away the Power Rings.

You ....can't decide these things. WATCHTOWER can do whatever it wants

@V: Then why did you say it?

Also, I was reading this thread. You were the most definitively pro-fight.

Maxios
2010-11-16, 07:59 PM
I know that.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-11-16, 08:00 PM

...I'm gonna call shenanigans on that.

Honestly, I don't care either way. I think a fight would be fun.

...hey, what about a test battle? Practice sort of thing?

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-16, 08:01 PM
I honestly wish I did. But I don't. So tell me what's wrong with it. I, for the record, fully understand the fight will probably not happen. But that's how it would go if it did.

Beans
2010-11-16, 08:01 PM

WAIT I'LL EXPLAIN.
1. Assuming there will be an attack.
2. Assuming Chez will be the ONLY winner.
3. Assuming anyone will let you get away with that ridiculous I'MMA STEAL ALL UR STUFF malarkey.

People will not just roll over and let you pull crap like that, honestly.

I honestly wish I did. But I don't. So tell me what's wrong with it. I, for the record, fully understand the fight will probably not happen. But that's how it would go if it did.
Please see numbers 2 and 3.

The rings are the basis of the entire LANTERN organization.
So... yeah, you plan to steal an organization's means of DOING STUFF and their HQ.

And KR's ship.

... *deep breath, counts to eleventy* That is what is wrong.
A single player planning to render an entire organization (I don't care if it's small or not, because there's always potential for others to join) defunct and more.

Maxios
2010-11-16, 08:02 PM
Keruffle: That could work. Just a friendly test battle.

ApeofLight
2010-11-16, 08:04 PM
If you want you can go dig up the old Island war thread that kind of died... don't think it's to old for necromancy

Maxios
2010-11-16, 08:04 PM
I've never heard of the Island War thread.

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-16, 08:06 PM
2. The reason I said only Chez would win? Because no-one wins a war, except the guy who sat on the sidelines and sold weapons to both sides.

3. True, but it would be awesome if he did.

happyturtle
2010-11-16, 08:07 PM
Good luck selling weapons to Watchtower. The expression 'coals to Newcastle' comes to mind.

Beans
2. The reason I said only Chez would win? Because no-one wins a war, except the guy who sat on the sidelines and sold weapons to both sides.

3. True, but it would be awesome if he did.
2. That's an opinion held by some, true.
Not by everyone.

3. It would be awesome to you.
Not everyone.

A pattern arises. And covers itself in road flares. And tap-dances onstage before a crammed arena stadium audience.

And the pattern is the need for other players to be considered.

KerfuffleMach2

Still assuming too much. Like neither side getting pissed that he's working with both.

Or that he can stay on the sidelines the whole time.

Or that he doesn't end up innocent bystander #27.

Darkcomet
2010-11-16, 08:08 PM
Also there's how he's never worked with WATCHTOWER at all and honestly I'd prefer it if it stayed that way.

We don't need more AMENites with cross-membership. :smallyuk::smalltongue:

Maxios
2010-11-16, 08:09 PM
Maxios was never actually a member of AMEN. He was a spy for HALO.

The character I have in WATCHTOWER is The Mask.

Terumitsu
2010-11-16, 08:10 PM
....Right, so.. I'm reading this and the only thing that comes to mind is:

http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/ab337/RPNotebook2/DnDemotivators/111146f.jpg

Also, something else that is completely different but still awesome:
http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/ab337/RPNotebook2/DnDemotivators/1254263613800.jpg

Darkcomet
2010-11-16, 08:10 PM
I was referring to Chezchire, Maxios.

Maxios
2010-11-16, 08:12 PM
Ah, sorry DC. I thought you were talking about Maxios.

Beans
2010-11-16, 08:14 PM
....Right, so.. I'm reading this and the only thing that comes to mind is:

http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/ab337/RPNotebook2/DnDemotivators/111146f.jpg
Looks like somebody had a few too many margaritas and nobody took the keys away from them.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-11-16, 08:16 PM
Looks like somebody had a few too many margaritas and nobody took the keys away from them.

<_<...>_>...*raiseshand*...my bad...

And, I'm off for a while! Be back later.

Beans
2010-11-16, 08:21 PM
Yeah...

In short, TE... you need to keep in mind that there are exactly sixteen hyper-bollillion people in this section of the forums, and they all come here to enjoy themselves with some FFRP. I'm pretty sure nobody comes here hoping to be annoyed or disappointed or frustrated.

And while something might be awesome for you and your characters, it might be totally not radical for all the other dudes, dude.

So be a broski and keep that in mind, man.

That'd be about this awesome:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y215/turky_ii/spartaaaaa.jpg

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-16, 08:22 PM
Fair enough, but I think it would be awesome. And "selling weapons" was a metaphor. Plus, I doubt it would disable LANTERN, just make them mad. Plus,
this is all pointless, as I doubt the Watchtower vs. Lantern war will happen, and doubt that Chez would get away with it even more.

Beans
2010-11-16, 08:25 PM
Fair enough, but I think it would be awesome. And "selling weapons" was a metaphor. Plus, I doubt it would disable LANTERN, just make them mad.
Ugh.

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURSE!
GET ME MY MEDS!
http://ritakml.info/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/my-meds.jpg

happyturtle
2010-11-16, 08:26 PM
TE, every encounter doesn't have to be a fight or a dominance challenge, you know. I think people would enjoy roleplaying with you more if you varied it up a bit.

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-16, 08:34 PM
Apparently I have been misunderstood. My last post, to rephrase as it was apparently unclear: "Yeah, I know, and I wouldn't actually try it were this not all hypothetical."

Also, most of my character's who don't cause endless fights are tied up doing nothing at the moment.

Ashen Lilies
2010-11-16, 09:15 PM
@ Spaceship talk: KR knows how to cast teleport, or can find someone who can. Space isn't as large a barrier as you think it is? :smallconfused::smalltongue:

But yeah. I doubt it would happen. KR's just going to go over to the Taverna, ask the box to take her to its leader, and then have a nice, civilized discussion about why handing out power rings to every Tom, Richard and Harry who comes across the box is a bad idea. Because obviously that's what KR does. Obviously.
>.>