PDA

View Full Version : Hidden descriptions in spell compendium

Splendor
2010-11-13, 07:18 AM
Hello,

Anybody else ever find some hidden spell description extras in the Spell Compendium PDF version?

I know I've seen two others, but here's the third one I came across today.

The Sink spell on pg 190. Normally it reads "When this spell is cast, it causes the targets, which must be currently in water or another liquid, to sink. Each
subject descends 100 feet down into the liquid (or to the bottom, if the liquid is not deep enough). Affected creatures can then swim up normally. Once on the bottom, a creature must still make a Swim check to move, or else it can move along the bottom at one-quarter its land speed."

But if you copy the spell and past it in note pad the sentence...

"When this spell is cast, it causes the targets, which must be currently in water or another liquid, to sink. Each subject descends 100 feet down into the liquid (or to the bottom, if the liquid is
The sink spell defeats even the best swimmer
Illus. by B. Hagan
CHAPTER 1
SPELL
DESCRIPTIONS
not deep enough). Affected creatures can then swim up normally. Once on
the bottom, a creature must still make a Swim check to move, or else it can move along the bottom at one-quarter its land speed.

See the extra "The sink spell defeats even the best swimmer".

Just wondered if anyone else ever caught it.

Runestar
2010-11-13, 07:23 AM
The text "The sink spell defeats even the best swimmer" is from the illustration on page 190. It is likely that when you copied the text, you selected the picture and its caption as well.

That's my guess at least, since I don't own the PDF version. :smalltongue:

Splendor
2010-11-13, 07:31 AM
Ahh... Just reselected and looked and for some reason the selection does jump up there... thats weird.