PDA

View Full Version : pesky questions that you can't find the answer to, despite knowing it is right there

drack
2010-11-13, 10:09 AM
OK, so I'm opening this thread for all the little questions regarding little facts that you either can't find in that book under your nose (ex (fictional): man, I can't find the AC mod for being Large size), or that you can't get to your own book to find.
example (fictional): I'm on a camping trip (yes with computer, internet and no books XD) and can't get to my books, what is the HD of a nightmare?

I don't know about everyone else, but this always happens to me where I remember something, and just can't find it in my books, and now I forgot to bring my books with me this semester of college. =(

I think this may border on disrupting copyrights or something in the rules (been a while since I read them), so pleas keep it as small obscure things, ratther than putting in the whole entry for a phoenix or something. :smallwink:

drack
2010-11-13, 10:13 AM
Yay, double post :smallbiggrin:

Here, I'll go first, I was just pouring through the SRD, remembering from somewhere that you can throw 3 shurikens as the equivalent of one attack, can anyone verify?

Kaww
2010-11-13, 10:21 AM
I suggest you use this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9591652#post9591652) thread.

Valameer
2010-11-13, 10:22 AM
I don't think you can anymore - but that was the rule in 3.0!

true_shinken
2010-11-13, 11:25 AM
I don't think you can anymore - but that was the rule in 3.0!

Yup, that's from 3.0
It needed a clarification on Oriental Adventures... or shurikens would be broken beyond measure. First level rogue doing three sneak attacks a round? Ouch.

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-13, 11:26 AM
Yup, that's from 3.0
It needed a clarification on Oriental Adventures... or shurikens would be broken beyond measure. First level rogue doing three sneak attacks a round? Ouch.

6th level ninja chucking them around. I spent an entire session throwing wave after wave of skeletons & plants at them so I could stall his endless assault.

Valameer
2010-11-13, 11:42 AM
6th level ninja chucking them around. I spent an entire session throwing wave after wave of skeletons & plants at them so I could stall his endless assault.

That's how ninja should be!

I miss 3.0 sometimes, with the fighters running around dual-wielding two +5 keen vorpal scimitars for an insta-kill range of 12-20 on 8 attacks. Or great cleaving on a whirlwind attack with a spiked chain. Ahh, memories.

true_shinken
2010-11-13, 12:03 PM
That's how ninja should be!

I miss 3.0 sometimes, with the fighters running around dual-wielding two +5 keen vorpal scimitars for an insta-kill range of 12-20 on 8 attacks. Or great cleaving on a whirlwind attack with a spiked chain. Ahh, memories.

Oh, please. We all know melee can't have nice things. :smallamused:

Greenish
2010-11-13, 12:56 PM
First level rogue doing three sneak attacks a round? Ouch.Kobolds present!

true_shinken
2010-11-13, 01:34 PM
Kobolds present!

Melee range with Str-4? Penalties for secondary natural weapons? Hideous to-hit because of Str-4 and no Weapon Finesse?
3.0 shurikens didn't have such weaknesses.