PDA

View Full Version : Empire of Golvian [IC]

Zazori
2010-11-13, 01:54 PM
You all wake up in a cave, the only source of light is a torch hanging on the wall next to a wooden door.
You can hear water running down the cave wall on the opposide of the cave than the door.

When you look around you recognise the other people, you have had a dream about them, and the more you think about it the more you like to work with them... To raise your own name.

You have no idea why and how you got here, you just know you need to do something evil.

Everyone

I'm sorry for the bad intro, but I lost all my notes.

Obrysii
2010-11-13, 02:12 PM
"How I loathe being corporeal," the fiend noted, his dark eyes gazing across those who were before him. How he ended up here of all places was confusing, and beyond his current understanding.

These people - they were allies, some how, he knew that - but why?

"Everyone," he said simply, "I will be establishing a mind-link with at least one of you, and then I am doing some scouting."

Iun
2010-11-13, 03:06 PM
A huge figure, something between an ogre and a deformed orc, jumps up from the ground and grabs a ridiculously long spear from the ground in one fluid motion. His only other weapon is a thick bow on his back and he is completely unarmored; the simple garments he is wearing offer little protection.

"Does anyone know where we are or how we got here?"

The creature's pronunciation is impeccable, almost artificially so, but every word seems carefully chosen one by one so that the flow of his speech is broken at several points.

megabyter5
2010-11-13, 06:02 PM
Hearing the unidentified voice, Kirtok stirs. Unfurling his wings slowly and carefully, he sees the intimidating forms of the creatures before him and vanishes in a black glimmer. He is certain they will be of use to him, but for now there is no reason to draw their attention.

(Invocation: Walk Unseen)

The Antigamer
2010-11-14, 03:23 AM
Kheldar Onysu shakes his head groggily.
Where am I? And who are these rubes?
He stands up, accessing the situation. It seems everyone else has arrived by the same means as he. Taking charge of this situation might be advantageous.

"Gentlebeings, greetings to all. If anyone can point to who brought us here, that would be splendid. I'm sure we all have questions for him."

Iun
2010-11-14, 04:18 AM
The half-ogre grunts derisively before opening the door. By any means necessary.

If the door is locked:
Strength Check to break it open: [roll0]
If that doesn't work he tries to smash it:
Full attack: [roll1],[roll2],[roll3]
Damage: [roll4],[roll5],[roll6]

Zazori
2010-11-14, 08:55 AM
As you open the door, you are dazzled by the sunlight, after you have regained your vision you see that you are in a forest, maybe on a mountain, a river floads from up hill and down next to the cave, turning left around it and past you.
The only way you can go from here is to the left, the river blocks all other ways, and the mountain seems very unsafe to climb.

megabyter5
2010-11-14, 09:12 AM
Stretching his wings, Kirtok invisibly flies upward and perches on the top of the nearest tall tree, trying to find any familiar landmarks.

Zazori
2010-11-14, 11:26 AM
Kirtok.

You see that the forest spreads far in every way, but you also spot a little village at the bottom of the mountain.

Edit:
Whats ur flight speed and manuverability?.

megabyter5
2010-11-14, 01:10 PM
30 ft. flight speed, average maneuverability, but only 1 round of flight at a time. 30 ft. glide speed, too.

The Antigamer
2010-11-14, 05:38 PM
Kheldar sighs.
Why am I always surrounded by imbeciles?

He turns to the fiend who at least seemed like he was capable of reasonable communication.

"You might as well link with me friend. What do you call yourself?"

Obrysii
2010-11-15, 07:30 AM
"I assume you, I am not an imbecile," Xandar Vicious said, shifting out - in the sun his mortal frame looked exceedingly weak - "One moment - I mush shed this body and take on a more useful form."

"With everyone's consent I shall mindlink with you, so as to keep communication up."

If they consent, he begins to weave his supernatural power.

He looked to the ogre, looking for any weapon - and once he found one, he would 'pop' - shifting into an ethereal form, pushing his essence into the weapon, and granting it additional magic, based on what it had prior.

As Xandar is lawful, he'll grant the weapon that the half-ogre has, assuming he has one, +4 worth of different powers.

Iun
2010-11-15, 08:03 AM
The half-ogre thinks for a moment (a rather strange sight) before he answers.

"If you must."

When Xandar disappears and his spear somehow seems different, he asks over the mindlink, >where are you? What have you done to my weapon?<

The spear is a shock spear +1, so will it gain more abilities until it is a +4 weapon or will it gain abilities for a total of +4 and become a +6 weapon?
And who chooses the enhancements, you or me?

Obrysii
2010-11-15, 08:19 AM
Xandar attempts to manifest mindlink on the half-ogre, and if it is successful, speaks into his mind: "I am a fiend of possession - and I am communicating telepathically; I can enhance your weapon to the fullest of my abilities - enhancements to its power. In order to foster friendship, how might you like it enhanced?"

It adds +4 - either I can make it a +5 shocking spear or give it other abilities, like firey or whatever, up to a +4 bonus in total. So it can become a +1 shocking firey spear of returning, or whatever, or a +5 shocking spear. It's up to you what happens but the total extra bonuses I can apply is limited to +4 altogether.

Iun
2010-11-15, 08:27 AM
>Make it stronger. And sharper.<

Let's make it a keen shock spear +4. A simple choice for a simple creature.

Obrysii
2010-11-15, 10:01 AM
The edge of the blade seemed to sharpen, glinting with greater potency.

"It is done. So long as I reside within it it shall be difficult to harm me - and I shall make it stronger; however, when necessary I will need to leave your blade, at which point it shall return to normal."

Xandar Vicious - prone to helping those with his lawful nature, sought only his own personal power; specifically, at present he wanted to find a source of adamantine - such a source, forged into a statue, would give him a potent body to possess.

Iun
2010-11-15, 10:22 AM
"Let us see, then. Krchdar."

As the strange-sounding word is uttered with far less difficulty than any other the creature has spoken so far, several bolts of electricity begin playing around the bone spear.

Satisfied with the effect, he attacks the nearest tree at three points, each blow as fast as lightning, and even more powerful.

Attacks: [roll0],[roll1],[roll2]
Damage: [roll3]+[roll4],[roll5]+[roll6],[roll7]+[roll8]

Zazori
2010-11-15, 12:11 PM
The tree falls to the ground.

Syke

You hear a voice, whispering "Does a tree make a sound when falling, and there is no one around to listen?, Take care or the woods will be your enemy.."

You also spot something moving in between the trees, about 50ft further down next to the river.

Obrysii

Please go to the OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9755839), and claim a color of speech for your character, it will make your posts a bit easier to read. (:

The Antigamer
2010-11-15, 12:13 PM
OOC
Obrysii, italics means he's thinking the words, quotations means he's saying them aloud :smalltongue:

Aaaaannnd now were attacking trees. Wonderful.
The aasimar shakes his head, and walks out of the cave.

Iun
2010-11-15, 12:18 PM
"Did anybody hear that?"

Sykes seems to be following something moving next to the river with his eyes.

The Antigamer
2010-11-15, 12:33 PM
"I heard a tree falling down," Kheldar says fastidiously.

Iun
2010-11-15, 01:03 PM
"After that. Somebody said something, like this:'Does a tree make a sound when falling, and there is no one around to listen?, Take care or the woods will be your enemy..'"

Strangely, Sykes' voice imitation has a better flow of speech than his normal talk.

Obrysii
2010-11-15, 01:05 PM
Antigamer, correct. That is standard English tendency. I use quotations AND italics to represent speech in a mindlink.

Good - that should demonstrate my usefulness to the group - in at least the power to enhance this weapon; my true abilities are not yet revealed the demon thought to himself - smiling inwardly.

"I should think we need to find a way to disguise any sense of inhumanness within the group - and head into the village to determine where we are," he called to the group through his mindlink.

megabyter5
2010-11-15, 01:46 PM
Kirtok nimbly leaps from the tree and descends in a spiral glide. He forces himself to hold back a chuckle.

"If you're afraid of hearing voices, you won't make much of an ally."

Iun
2010-11-15, 01:57 PM
Sykes looks in the general direction of the sounds coming from the descending Kirtok before the ogre's left hand reaches toward his own face as he starts walking along the only path possible.

"You all seem rather useless to me at the moment."

>Except for you, maybe<, he adds towards the one possessing his weapon through the mindlink.

"But for some reason I feel one of you might be the one I have been searching for."

>And how do you suppose we disguise someone of my size as a human?<

The Antigamer
2010-11-15, 02:39 PM
Kheldar rolls his eyes skywards.

Kirtock

Are you invisible? If not, Kheldar sees you and mouths "We're useless?"

megabyter5
2010-11-15, 05:24 PM
I am in fact, still invisible.

Zazori
2010-11-16, 05:40 AM
Syke

As you move down the path, you see a big mound of vegetation just next to the path.

You spot something moving behind it, you wasn't able to see what, but it seemed to be around medium size.

Iun
2010-11-16, 05:54 AM
Sykes doesn't react, but as he moves further down the path he walks closer to the mound. When he is next to it he suddenly runs towards the mound and jumps over, trying to trap whoever might hide there between the mound and himself.

Taking 10 on jump for a total of 35.

Zazori
2010-11-16, 06:04 AM
Syke

do you want to jump up on top of the mound or all the way across to the other side?
If on top: doesn't look like it can carry your weight.

Edit: you jump bonus is +17, take 10 would add it up to 27 and not 35.

Also when I say "big" I mean 15ft tall. d:

The Antigamer
2010-11-16, 06:11 AM
Kheldar strolls lazily down the inclined slope after the half-ogre.

Iun
2010-11-16, 09:21 AM
DM:
I get an extra +8 due to my 50 ft. speed. But never mind, it's still too high.

Getting a closer look at the mound, Sykes reconsiders and keeps walking. When he passes the mound he points at it with his spear several times.

>Something is hiding behind that mound.<

The Antigamer
2010-11-16, 01:07 PM
Kheldar tilts his head quizzically as he walks towards the half-ogre.
First he attacked a tree, now he's jabbing his spear at an earthen mound? Ogres.

Obrysii
2010-11-16, 01:22 PM
"If necessary, I can phase down within - though I see nothing when you dig into the dirt," the fiend whispered mentally. He had many tricks to try - but he was more the patient than the quick to act type ...

Iun
2010-11-16, 01:45 PM
>Can you talk to the invisible one?<

Obrysii
2010-11-16, 01:49 PM
If he was within 15ft. of me when I cast mindlink, he was targetted by it - and if he fails his will save, Xandar can telepathically communicate with him.

Zazori
2010-11-17, 01:52 AM
Iun

Did you poke the mound or did you point at it?
Since your post says, Point, I assumed that you just pointed and didn't touch it, but now Obrysii says; though I see nothing when you dig into the dirt,.
I'm just confused. d:

Iun
2010-11-17, 02:49 AM
DM:
I didn't notice that. No, it's just pointing a few times in the direction of the mound, then walking on. If nobody reacts, I won't pursue the matter for now.

Zazori
2010-11-17, 03:20 AM
Kheldar

Kheldar is the second to walk past the mound, right?

The Antigamer
2010-11-17, 03:52 AM
DM
Sure, if the half-ogre moves on, he walks after him, glancing at the mound to see what he was stabbing at.

Zazori
2010-11-17, 04:53 AM
As Kheldar is just next to the mound a big "mouth" opens in the mound, the mouth is filled with teeth like sharp branches and long thorns.

It looks something like this.

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/622/skovmonster.jpg (http://img543.imageshack.us/i/skovmonster.jpg/)

The mound lashes Kheldar with its long tendrils.

Tendrill attack1: [roll0]
Tendrill damage1: [roll1]

If hit by Tendrill.
Free grabble: [roll2]
If the grabble succeeds, the mound will move Kheldar to the mouth and deal Bite damage and then establish a hold on Kheldar.
Also the 2nd Tendrill attack will not take effect.
If the grabble fails, the 2nd Tendrill attack will occur.

Tendrill attack2: [roll3]
Tendrill damage2: [roll4]

If hit by Tendrill.
Free grabble: [roll5]
If the grabble succeeds, the mound will move Kheldar to the mouth and deal Bite damage and then establish a hold on Kheldar.

Bite attack1: [roll6]
Bite damage1: [roll7]

Knowledge Nature and Arcana, can tell you more about this creature.

Zazori
2010-11-17, 04:57 AM
Init for the mound.

[roll0]

The Antigamer
2010-11-17, 05:19 AM
Neither attack hits my AC of 24 :smallsmile:
Initiative [roll0]
Knowledge arcana [roll1]
Kheldar ducks beneath a flailing tentacle, and barely avoids the second one that swings straight at him.

"Damn it you fool, why didn't you attack the plant that's actually a threat?"

Iun
2010-11-17, 05:46 AM
"I did not know."

Sykes doesn't seem to react much to either the beast or Kheldar; just turns around and starts attacking.

I assume that I'm within the 20 ft. range of my attack or that I can at least get in that range with a 5 ft. step.
Initiative: [roll0]
Attacks:[roll1],[roll2],[roll3]
Damage:[roll4]+[roll5],[roll6]+[roll7],[roll8]+[roll9]

Obrysii
2010-11-17, 07:28 AM
"Rather curious - you better be careful," he warned, focusing his mind now - readying powers of considerable strength.

megabyter5
2010-11-17, 01:00 PM

Kirtok holds out his arm, hand in a loose fist, as he summons a rapier from thin air. An impressive sight, if anyone could have seen it.

Zazori
2010-11-17, 01:04 PM
Kirtok makes some flashy super awesome moves, but he is invis. :O

Xander readies a power.

The mound turns around and lashes out for Syke this time.

Tendrill attack1: [roll0]
Tendrill damage1: [roll1]

If hit by Tendrill.
Free grabble: [roll2]
If the grabble succeeds, the mound will move Syke to the mouth and deal Bite damage and then establish a hold on Syke.
Also the 2nd Tendrill attack will not take effect.
If the grabble fails, the 2nd Tendrill attack will occur.

Tendrill attack2: [roll3]
Tendrill damage2: [roll4]

If hit by Tendrill.
Free grabble: [roll5]
If the grabble succeeds, the mound will move Syke to the mouth and deal Bite damage and then establish a hold on Syke.

Bite attack1: [roll6]
Bite damage1: [roll7]

Kheldar, complains a bit.

Kheldar.

You know that the creature have plant traits and it eats large amounts of meat, the more meat the better, It doesn't care if the meat is dead or alive.

Syke deals 106 piercing damage and 12 lightning damage, if not grabbled by the mound.

Syke

Correct me, if it's not lightning damage.

Iun
2010-11-17, 01:12 PM
DM:
Weirdly enough, it didn't even hit. Not to boast, but is it still alive?

megabyter5
2010-11-17, 01:20 PM
Making sure to keep his distance from the monster (if less than 20 ft away, take 5ft step back), a winged kobold with black-tinted scales flickers into visibility as he conjures and fires a blast of dark energy toward it.

Eldritch blast, attack roll [roll0]. Invisibility ends because of attack.

megabyter5
2010-11-17, 01:21 PM
Oh right, damage. [roll0], if it hits.

The Antigamer
2010-11-17, 01:39 PM
If the mound is still alive, Kheldar snaps the fingers of his gloved hand, his naginata appearing in it suddenly, he whirls and strikes the mound, channeling negative energy into it.
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]+[roll2] negative energy damage.

Also, two things Zazori: it's "grapple," not "grabble" :smallwink:
And if this thing has improved grab, like I expect, doesn't it need to hit with both tendrils in order to get a free grapple?

Zazori
2010-11-17, 03:11 PM
Kheldar's attack seems to kill the mound, it falls to the ground and doesn't move.

Argh.... the "grabble" type error ): - I usually fail at typing grapple, cuz it seems easier to push double "b" instead of "p" d: dont mind it if you see it again d: haha..

Also, Yes it have Improved Grab and yes it should hit with both tendrills, but no it didn't have to d:
I'm editing the monsters so that they are harder if it's an easy fight or I'll edit the monsters so they are more fun or more realistic, than just what the books says (:

It also prevents a little tiny bit of cheating :3

350 experience to everyone :D

Iun
2010-11-18, 03:34 AM
Sykes nods to himself, apparently satisfied, and resumes walking down the path. He is still keeping an eye out for whatever might be following them, though.

The Antigamer
2010-11-18, 04:35 AM
Kheldar wipes the blade of his naginata on the mound, sends a daggered glare at Sykes' back, and gives his weapon a twirl, sending it back into his glove.
He looks up at the Kobold.
"He did not kno-ow," he says in a singsong voice.
Spitting on the mound, he walks after the half-ogre.

Iun
2010-11-18, 04:41 AM
The half-ogre doesn't react, at all.

Obrysii
2010-11-18, 08:58 AM
His true powers kept hidden, the fiend remained in possession of the spear - having no need to leave it, nor need to consider it; his awareness spread to its full extent, but otherwise no thought-speech came from him.

megabyter5
2010-11-18, 06:41 PM
Smugly satisfied, Kirtok dismisses his weapon and fades back into invisibility.

"There's a settlement of some sort at the base of the mountain. The structures all looked freestanding, but I don't know who or what lives there."

Iun
2010-11-20, 04:30 AM
"It is probably the best place to gather information on our current location. Does this path lead there directly?"

Obrysii
2010-11-20, 09:49 AM
"I can go forward - I can possess the houses, the rocks - anything; and through this I can examine safely. At worst, I must phase with the earth and return here," Xandar said simply.

His spirit left the spear, and he reformed as a mortal body; he flexed his fragile muscles. "Does it sound like a plan?"

Iun
2010-11-21, 04:21 AM
Sykes waits a few minutes before he voices his opinion.

"It sounds slightly paranoid, but go ahead. We (or at least I), shall catch up with you in about an hour."

At the last words Sykes shades his eyes with his left hand and looks towards the sky.

The Antigamer
2010-11-21, 04:33 AM
Kheldar snorts
"Speak for yourself, I'm off to the comfort of an inn."
He starts heading towards the village.

Iun
2010-11-21, 08:05 AM
For a moment Sykes tightens the grip on his spear, turning his knuckles white; then he just shakes his head and keeps walking with the group.

Zazori
2010-11-21, 10:11 AM
As you keep walking along the river, it suddenly makes a sharp turn downwards.
The path that you followed now goes in two directions, one moving up towards the top of the mountain, the other one moves down along the river.

Iun
2010-11-21, 03:19 PM
"Which path leads to the settlement?", Sykes asks Kirtok.

megabyter5
2010-11-21, 07:56 PM
Making no attempt to veil the condescension in his voice, Kirtok replies, "If I were to guess, I'd say the base of the mountain is downward."

The Antigamer
2010-11-21, 08:07 PM
Kheldar laughs from down the path following the river, not having stopped at the fork.

Iun
2010-11-22, 03:59 AM
"You sound as if paths never changed their directions. Since I cannot look through the trees to see if these two do so, I thought I would ask someone who could easily answer that question. I will not repeat that mistake."

Looking almost exhausted by his little speech, Sykes shrugs and follows the river path.

Obrysii
2010-11-22, 11:08 AM
"Down the hill would be best, I think," Xandar said - still in his mortal form; he did not yet shed it - but he'd have to, if they were to climb the mountain.

Zazori
2010-11-23, 01:49 AM
As the day seems to take an end, your journey to the base of the mountains has also ended.

You can now see the village pretty close, some torches light up the dark in the village, but you cannot see anything living.

The Antigamer
2010-11-23, 01:55 AM
Kheldar pauses momentarily to study the village, holding one arm at the elbow and tapping his lips with a finger. He then continues walking towards the village.

Activates Detect Undead, then continues walking towards the village.

Zazori
2010-11-23, 04:29 AM
Kheldar

Nothing shows up, at the moment.

Obrysii
2010-11-23, 10:37 AM
Xandar will return to the spear - reempowering it in the same fashion as before.

I will be largely AFK due to retail work and black friday until monday.

Iun
2010-11-24, 05:39 AM
Sykes follows.

Zazori
2010-11-27, 06:18 AM
You walk straight into the village, it still seems empty, though there is light in what you believe is the inn.

megabyter5
2010-11-27, 03:35 PM
Kirtok focuses his eyes, tuning in to the minute details of magic. If he notices anything, he continues to focus until he can clearly make it out.

Activate Detect Magic and focus for one round. If there are magical auras nearby, continue to focus for two more rounds (for a total of 3 rounds).

Iun
2010-11-28, 01:16 PM
Sykes takes a look through one of the lighted windows, trying (at least somewhat) to not be seen.

Hide:[roll0]

The Antigamer
2010-11-28, 02:15 PM
Kheldar waits to see what Sykes sees, figuring that if anything bad happens, the half-ogre will take the brunt of it.
He also uses Detect Undead once more.

Zazori
2010-11-28, 03:05 PM
Kheldar

Nothing shows

Kirtok

Nothing shows

Syke

You spot several living beings, most of them have thier faces covered by different methodes, there is only 3 you can see the face on.
One who seems to look like the bartender, maybe innkeeper, and two who seems like waiters.
The inn itself looks very dirty and nothing seems like the owner does anything to keep it repaired.

P.S. sorry for my bad english, I dont know how to say Waiter when there is more than one and "keep it repaired" is prolly wrong too d:

Iun
2010-11-28, 03:16 PM
"It is shady and run-down, so I do not anticipate too much commotion concerning our appearance," Sykes comments before he heads for the door and steps inside (as graceful as his size allows).

P.S.: It's good enough; if I have any problems I'll ask. :smallsmile:

The Antigamer
2010-11-28, 03:23 PM
Kheldar follows inside, a jovial smile on his face, looking around at patrons.

megabyter5
2010-11-28, 07:49 PM
Kirtok follows closely behind, remaining invisible in case the patrons appear hostile towards his hulking new ally.

What races are the "living beings"? All Human? Mixed standard? Are there any monster races besides us?

Zazori
2010-11-29, 02:36 AM
Kirtok

You are not able to notice at this moment, but the bartender/innkeeper and the waiters are human.

There is awfully quiet as you enter, some of the other beings turn around to look at you and then turns their attention back to themselves.

The bartender/innkeeper grunts: "More people who just seek me out to ask where they are?.." His voice is rather unpleasent to listen to.

Iun
2010-11-29, 04:49 AM
Sykes nods. "Yes."

Obrysii
2010-11-29, 08:26 AM
The spear did not say anything - protected by the material strength of the spear, Xandar was content to stay silent, as if he were an intelligent item merely observing.

His power was that of deception, of gaining power out of nowhere - and his was a secret strength that he did not want to be overly open about.

Spot and search checks:
Search: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

The Antigamer
2010-12-02, 05:21 AM
"Has this been happening a lot then my dear fellow?" Kheldar asks the barman.

Zazori
2010-12-03, 02:22 AM
He looks at Kheldar as if he was waiting for this question, "Look around you, everyone you see here, including me, don't know why or how we were brought here, I just know that I was the first and I decided to.. Take.. this inn to my own possession as I found out more was coming. Feel free to sit here and wait like everyone else if you like, or you could explore the new world, but I wouldn't recommend that.. he pauses for a little moment and looks down at his feet, You can sense that the man is thinking of something that troubles him. as he continous, he doesn't sound just as unpleasant as before.
".. A girl and some other beings left the village to explore the grounds around it, but they didn't come back.. It's been 8 days now, they should have been back for atleast 3 days ago..

The Antigamer
2010-12-03, 02:33 AM
"How very interesting!" the planetouched says in an animated voice, followed by a flat, "Get me an ale."

Zazori
2010-12-03, 05:03 PM
He gives you a mug o' ale "It will be 2 copper pieces, please"

The Antigamer
2010-12-03, 05:05 PM
Kheldar laughs, takes a pull, and sets the mug down.
"Which way did your disappearing girl and her guardians go?"

Obrysii
2010-12-03, 06:45 PM
It was during this conversation that Xandar manifested his mindlink with his companions, saying with a cold mental voice, "Why do we care about some child and her guardians? It seems a waste of my considerable person to spend time on a trivial pursuit."

The Antigamer
2010-12-03, 07:12 PM
"And do you have any other ideas spear? I figure whatever happened to them is more interesting than this dump."

Iun
2010-12-04, 04:06 PM
"Are there other settlements in the area? Is their any mayor, sheriff, or any other type of government at all here?"

Sykes' brows have been furrowed for a few minutes, and now you know why; it seems to have cost him quite a bit of concentration to get these two questions out.

Obrysii
2010-12-05, 08:51 AM
"As the path to a larger city-state, a place where we can find real power - a place where we can buy real influence," the spear sneered into the minds of those nearest him. "I do not think we should waste our time in a loathsome little village."

The Antigamer
2010-12-05, 06:11 PM
"Weren't you listening? These imbeciles arrived the same way we did, they have no idea where they are."

Zazori
2010-12-06, 03:30 AM
"I'm sorry to tell you that I do not know that, since I've got transportet here 10 days ago" He answers Syke.

The Antigamer
2010-12-06, 05:15 AM
"See, what did I tell you?"

"And the direction of the missing persons, goodman?"

Iun
2010-12-06, 08:07 AM
>Please ask him what his exact plans are. I hope he does not simply want to play hero,< Sykes requests of the one possessing his spear.

Zazori
2010-12-07, 05:43 AM
"They went the opposite way of the mountain, they said that they would walk the ground around the village, but that they no matter what would come back after 5 days.."

The Antigamer
2010-12-07, 01:18 PM
"Off we go then! I'm sure we'll find them safe and healthy. Come along troupe!"
With that, he swirls his cloak, and exits the building, taking the mug with him, headed in the direction opposite the mountain.

Iun
2010-12-07, 01:34 PM
Once outside, Sykes voices his doubts out loud:

"Why would you help some strangers too weak to survive in the wilderness. And why should I help you?"

The Antigamer
2010-12-07, 01:40 PM
Kheldar sighs.
"Always give the impression that your intent is more honorable than it actually is. That way, if it just so happens that you are able to fufill what you said you would, while completing what you meant to do, you have an easy cover, and a possible reward. I'm not after the kid, fool. I'm after whatever held them up. And if you want answers, you'd better come with me. The reason we're here is not in some abandoned town, but out there, most likely protecting itself from intruders."

Iun
2010-12-07, 02:14 PM
Sykes nods, apparently very satisfied and even a bit impressed with that answer.

"Very well, I will follow you."

megabyter5
2010-12-07, 04:34 PM
Kirtok appears from the shadows, gives a quick nod to the bartender, and begins walking to the exit. As quickly as he appeared, he is gone, vanishing just before leaving the building.

Obrysii
2010-12-08, 08:23 AM
Xandar said nothing - as befitting his position as a field of possession, he was good with simply existing, waiting to act when the moment was right.

As the spear of their front-line warrior, he was carried along with the group - waiting, biding his time. He had acted a bit foolish, and perhaps was ashamed of that; but he was glad to be leaving the town - even if it was on a fool's errand, it was still a potential means to acquire more power.

Zazori
2010-12-09, 02:41 AM
You leave the city and moves out to an open field, (I take it your following the road?), the road divides and heads in two directions, one seems to end up in a forest far ahead and the other one seems to go around the village and back to the mountain.

The Antigamer
2010-12-09, 03:14 AM
Kheldar discards his now-empty ale mug on the side of the trail, and continues on towards the forest.

Iun
2010-12-09, 03:48 AM
Sykes follows, eyes and ears open for anything like the monster they encountered earlier.

Obrysii
2010-12-09, 02:22 PM
Spending each moment on focused thought, Xandar's awareness spreads to its full one-hundred and twenty feet.

Zazori
2010-12-14, 12:16 PM
After a few hours, you now find yourselves at the entrance to the forest, the darkness inside seems almost unreal.

megabyter5
2010-12-14, 12:35 PM
This assumes the darkness is not magical. If it is magical darkness, ignore the rest of this post.
"If any of you have trouble seeing the trees", Kirtok says, "I suggest you stay behind. I don't want any dead weight tagging along."

The Antigamer
2010-12-15, 05:00 AM
Kheldar gives a little half-wave flick of the wrist to the voice, and enters the forest.

Iun
2010-12-15, 09:40 AM
Sykes follows wordlessly.

Obrysii
2010-12-15, 10:35 AM
"The darkness does little to me - and I can create my own," Xandar said - despite shedding his mortal form he had its spell-like powers.

Zazori
2010-12-17, 02:24 AM
As soon as you enter the forest everything goes black..
You can see nothing, not even the free fields outside, every step, every sound you make sounds extrodinary high.
But you can't hear anything else than what sounds you make.

megabyter5
2010-12-17, 05:33 PM
Once again, is this or is this not magical darkness? If it is nonmagical, Kirtok can see perfectly fine.

Zazori
2010-12-18, 03:54 PM
Once again, is this or is this not magical darkness? If it is nonmagical, Kirtok can see perfectly fine.

I ignored your post as you said I should if it was magical darkness, and truely yes it is magical darkness.

Obrysii
2010-12-19, 08:25 AM
"It seems to be a magical darkness - I am accustomed to this, and unless it is greater than it appears, those of us with the ability to see in the blackness should be fine - such as myself," Xandar said - again focusing his visual capacities in all directions.

Iun
2010-12-19, 11:24 AM
>I see nothing, you will have to guide my steps.<

Obrysii
2011-01-10, 07:33 PM
Did this die?

Iun
2011-01-11, 04:11 AM
At the very least it's in deep hibernation. Although there is a fairly recent DM post in the ooc.

Zazori
2011-01-17, 08:12 AM
Important!

Hey guys, I am so sorry!
I just had some bad luck, my internet crashed just before i was going to move, so i didnt have a chance to tell you that i wouldnt be online for some time, but things got worse..
It seems my internet is still down and i have alot of stuff to work on in the new house, so i dont know when i'm back again..
I think it is dead.
I am so sorry!

I think the forum is eating my posts... O.O

megabyter5
2011-01-18, 01:32 PM
A moment of silence for our fallen campaign.

Obrysii
2011-01-18, 02:43 PM
I never got to demonstrate why a Fiend of Possession is crazy powerful.

Iun
2011-01-18, 03:25 PM
Too bad, I wanted to see how cool a weapon I'd get to wield. That and the whole calm monk / crazed berserker mix.