PDA

View Full Version : Finding a Game

fireinakasha
2010-11-13, 06:14 PM
So, here's the deal. I used to have a pretty close group of friends that all played D&D together, and it was great. But over time, all of said friends have moved away, for jobs/school/marriage/what have you, and now I am here in this town all by myself.

I have been trying to find another group to play with. I've tried checking Google, the Comic and Gaming shops, meetup.com, EN World...even Craigslist. But nothing doing. I can't seem to find any other players. Well, correction; I can find a couple gamers, but they're all obsessed with 4e, and I am...not. I'm looking for a 3.5/3P game, but have come up empty.

Does anyone have any suggestions for other tactics I could use or avenues I could explore to try and find some local gaming connects?

Edit: Oh, PS - I'm in Gainesville, Florida, USA. It's a college town, so it's pretty surprising to me that I can't find anyone. But it's a football-centric college, so maybe I shouldn't be surprised.

Starbuck_II
2010-11-13, 06:18 PM
I assume you are looking for face to face and not PbP (play by post) games?

Because otherwise the PbP forums here while slow at times work great.

fireinakasha
2010-11-13, 06:23 PM
I assume you are looking for face to face and not PbP (play by post) games?

Because otherwise the PbP forums here while slow at times work great.

Well, yes, this is the case. I'm actually in an online game right now, using Skype and Gametable, but it's just not as satisfying.

KillianHawkeye
2010-11-13, 06:57 PM
My group schedules its events on Meetup.com; you can do a search to find a local gaming group.

Irbis
2010-11-13, 07:01 PM
You know, it would be helpful if you mentioned even country you're looking for.

I don't see how anyone can give you helpful local sites that deal with that without that kind of info, unless you're in DC :smallsigh:

fireinakasha
2010-11-13, 07:08 PM
You know, it would be helpful if you mentioned even country you're looking for.

I don't see how anyone can give you helpful local sites that deal with that without that kind of info, unless you're in DC :smallsigh:

Oops, I meant to go back and edit that in, but I got distracted. Thanks for the headsup :smallcool:

fireinakasha
2010-11-13, 07:10 PM
My group schedules its events on Meetup.com; you can do a search to find a local gaming group.

Tried meetup.com. It does have some gaming groups, but they're all at least two hours away by interstate...

KillianHawkeye
2010-11-13, 10:31 PM
Edit: Oh, PS - I'm in Gainesville, Florida, USA. It's a college town, so it's pretty surprising to me that I can't find anyone. But it's a football-centric college, so maybe I shouldn't be surprised.

Hey, I started playing D&D while I was at Iowa State, which is also really into football, so it's possible. Just keep trying!