PDA

View Full Version : San Dagon [3.5]

Sillycomic
2010-11-13, 06:20 PM
The city of San Dagon is rather large, and is separated by a couple of different hills. These hills make up the different parts of the city. There is a Celest hill that has mostly temples and bath houses. Iron hill has a lot of the politician offices and larger mansions. Tamber Hill is filled with merchant shops, taverns and night clubs.

Between each of these hills are the valleys, known mostly as the shallows.

20 years ago, the city itself was once thriving and prosperous. Now, it is a different story altogether. Crime has risen exponentially. The Shallows have it worse, but even the hills now see crime almost every day. An increase in town watch hasn't helped anything. The town has fallen from its former glory.

So today, in the Celest district, there is a hopeful sign. One of the museums is holding a grand opening for a new wing dedicated to the origins of the city and the surrounding areas. The owner of the museum, a short and chubby halfling named Cubain DeRoot, stands proudly at the top of the steps, speaking to the large crowd in front of his museum.

There's about 50 or so people in the crowd.

"Yes, this will be a testament to how good this city used to be. An origin, if you will. I hope that by bringing out the past we can see that the future too can be changed."

The crowd cheers at this. In the distance hoofbeats can be heard.

"The proud jewel for this wing is going to be the Diamond Crown worn by the first King, Gargeo Littorin. I do believe they are deliving is just as we speak."

The carriage comes into view from the far road, but once it appears everyone knows something is wrong. A few women scream and people begin jumping out of the way.

The carriage driver is slumped to his side, reigns held loosely in his hand. His throat has been cut.

One man in dark robes is riding atop the carriage, fighting with one of the carriage drivers, they are trading blows with their respected swords.

It sounds like there's even more fighting going on inside of the carriage.

If this carriage isn't stopped, it will run right into the crowd of innocent people.

If only there was someone who could help...

Maxios
2010-11-13, 08:51 PM
The Swordsman is riding his Light Horse named "The Ghost" right next to the side of the carriage.

CaeruliusVentus
2010-11-13, 08:58 PM
Melthior is standing with a hood on near the back of the crowd and a look of concentration on his face. Close to but not directly in the path of the carriage.
"Just a bit closer..."

Maxios
2010-11-13, 09:00 PM
"Every back away!" the Swordsman yells to the crowd. "Unless you want to be run over!"
He then tries to jump into the carriage.

Pezmerga
2010-11-14, 01:15 PM
Griffon, in the crowd himself, yells for everyone to get behind the building "Get behind the building and take cover!". He draws his bow, nocks an arrow, and looks for a shot on the mysterious figure on the carriage...He, afterall, doesn't want to hit the carriage driver.

(Not sure what kind of modifiers, but if its coming right at us hopefully it isn't too severe)
If the shot isnt too hard by my estimates , I take it.
[roll0] (+1 to hit and damage if I can wait until they are in thirty feet, and i do have precise shot)
Dmg is necessary [roll]1d8[/ran] +2 if human...+1 within 30 feet if applicable

Pezmerga
2010-11-14, 01:19 PM
(oops lol damn EQ /ran...lol)
Dmg if necessary [roll0] +2 if human...+1 within 30 feet if applicable

Perducci
2010-11-14, 02:08 PM
Grog is standing patiently in town waiting on the exhibit to open. He heard about the big shine they were bringing to this place and just had to see it.
While waiting he turns to a small child and grins(not exactly a charming smile).

Grog love shines! Grog dig for shine too. Grog dig big shines. Maybe Grog shine dig bigger!

He hears the screams and begins to look around. It takes him a moment to spot the carraige out of control. Oh no...Grog has new friend. Grog not let horse cart get new friend.

He grasps his head and tries to form a plan.

Maxios
2010-11-14, 03:05 PM
The Swordsman, if succesful, jumps into the carriage as a move action, then will take the rein of the carriage in an attempt to stop the carriage.

Sillycomic
2010-11-14, 03:14 PM
The mysterious man in robes fighting on top of the getaway carriage screams out in pain as an arrow hits him in the shoulder.

And then there is a dashing swordsman, who used his amazing riding skills to daringly jump onto the runaway carriage.

You successfuly grab the reins and begin to carouse the horses to stop. (give me a handle animal check)

The people in the crowd are running and screaming. Some seem to follow advice and begin ducking down alleyways behind the buildings, others are just randomly picking a direction to run. The good news is they are getting out of the way of the carriage.

Maxios
2010-11-14, 03:19 PM
You got it.

Handle Animal:
[roll0]

Sillycomic
2010-11-14, 03:25 PM
The animals are spooked and unsure what to do.

You slow down the stagecoach so it is no longer running wildly out of control, but it is still barreling through the streets. Both horses are nervous and fighting you on the reins.

Maxios
2010-11-14, 03:44 PM
"Stop why don't you!" The Swordsman yells to the horses, and attempts another handle animal check.
[roll0]

Pezmerga
2010-11-15, 12:41 AM
Griffon is going to approach the Coach cautiously with an arrow knocked. Looking for more criminals, and making sure not to spook the horses again (assuming they stopped with a Handle Animal check of 20).

"Alright you scumbags, come out with your hands up and don't try anything stupid!"

Perducci
2010-11-15, 06:52 PM
Grog's mind loosely grasps a plan of action. He swivels his maul off his back and runs towards the slightly less out of control coach.

I stop horse cart!!!

At this point he swings his oversized hammer at the wheels hoping to smash them to bits.

[roll0]
[roll1]
If thats successfull and its possible to cleave into the next one...
[roll2]
[roll3]

Maxios
2010-11-15, 07:18 PM
"Don't smash! I nearly got the cart to stop!" Swordsman yells out.

Jallorn
2010-11-15, 09:22 PM
Take your son and get to safety, I've got to help, Tevin says to the young woman next to him. Pulling up his bow, (you can never be too careful in this city), he shoots off an arrow at the dark robed man on top of the carriage.

Attack:[roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Sillycomic
2010-11-15, 09:48 PM
The hulking Grog comes up to the carriage and asks it to stop nicely. He blows out both of the wheels on the carriage. At this speed the carriage crashed down onto its right axle, jarring to a complete stop and then tumbling over on its side.

Swordsman, dc 15 jump or tumble to avoid falling damage.

Tevin, had the carriage not fallen over at that particular moment your arrow would have flown true.

The robed figure falls on his side and quickly leaps up. Sword still in hand he runs back to the carriage and knocks on it.

"Will you two hurry up!" He shouts.

The driver on top of the carriage falls as well. He hits his head on the cobblestone road and rolls to a stop. He doesn't move.

Inside you hear a large growl as the door (which is now on top of the fallen carriage) opens up. Out comes a half orc with a bloody head. He stands atop the carriage pulling out a great axe.

"What was that?"

The robed figure points to Grog.

The horses appear unharmed, however they are still harnessed to the fallen over carriage.

The robed figure searches the crowd for the people that shot arrows at him, but in all the confusion he can't pinpoint anything.

"Careful, I was shot at a few times. I think there are guards here..."

The half orc shakes his head, "No... look, it's the Swordsman. We need to get out of here quickly.

"Acerak..." The half orc yells into the carriage, "You better use that scroll!"

Ok. You can all go. No particular order. For the sake of making it easier on me everyone is within 30 feet of the now fallen carriage.

Jallorn
2010-11-15, 10:03 PM
Tevin fires another arrow off, this time at the half-orc.

Attack: [roll0]

Perducci
2010-11-15, 10:09 PM
Graaaa!!!! Grog yells with glee and smiles. He is extremely proud of himself. Grog now tries to figure out who the bad guys are for a moment.

Waaaugh...Fall man good...Arrow shot guy bad. Lil' orc maybe good. Maybe Fall man bad...no...Fall man steer horse cart...waugh...dead man dead....arrow shoot guy good? GRAAAAA!!!!

Grog's thoughts are interrupted by an instinct to bash something.
GRAAAA!!! GROG NOT SMART!!! He hits himself in the head and then flings himself at the robed figure. Swinging his maul furiously, he attempts to drive the man into the ground like a tent stake.

[roll0]
[roll1]

CaeruliusVentus
2010-11-16, 11:53 AM
Melthior uses prestidigitation to make the end of his quarterstaff glow different colors, then moves up to the side carriage away from the two orcish persons. In his best 'authority' voice, "Drop the scroll out of the window and come out with your hands up!" While brandishing the glowing stick as menacingly as possible.

rolls are in the OOC thread since I got them mixed up.

Maxios
2010-11-16, 11:58 AM
Tumble
[roll0]

Pezmerga
2010-11-16, 12:30 PM
Since I was holding my action I will jump in now and ready action to shoot the robed man if he does anything but give himself up after moving up as close as possible (within 30 feet, but at least 10 feet away) while saying "I suggest you give yourself up knave, you are clearly in over your head"

if needed here is my readied attack, assuming the hooded man is human and im within 30 feet.
[roll0]
Dmg
[roll1]

Sillycomic
2010-11-18, 08:04 PM
We'll just assume The Swordsman hit his head very hard on the ground and is taking a turn to gather himself.

Tevin's arrow strikes the half orc square in the shoulder, who cries out in anger more than pain.

Grog shows the poor robed man exactly what it means to feel pain. The robed figure screams bloody murder, but doesn't quite fall down. You think he's only one more good hit from dropping though.

Griffon, your arrow goes wide and hits the carriage with a resounding thud. It surprises everyone.

Melthior, you're convinced the person inside either didn't hear you or doesn't care about your threat. Considering the large amount of commotion going on, it might help your ego to pretend he just didn't hear you...

Everyone is close, you can make a spellcraft check as the person still inside the carriage speaks out a few command words and then a WOOSH of magic can be heard.

DC 20 Spellcraft

Teleport

The robed figure withdraws from the large half orc, he holds his side. He's looking depserately for a way to escape at this point.

The half orc has no such qualms about leaving the fight though. With an enraged growl he jumped down next to Grog. He brings his greataxe down as hard as he can, and the sounding thunk into Grog's flesh gives the half orc a very happy smile.

**Grog takes 11 points of damage**

"You wanna play?" The half orc sneers, "Come on, let's play!!"

Maxios
2010-11-18, 08:39 PM
The Swordsman get's back up. "That hurt!" he mutters. He attacks robed figure.

[roll0]

Jallorn
2010-11-18, 09:43 PM
Seeing the robed man go to escape, Tevin fires one last arrow at him, aiming, as best he can, for the man's legs.

Attack: [roll0]

CaeruliusVentus
2010-11-18, 10:16 PM
Melthior yells, "Watch out, he's got a fireball scroll!".

He moves behind the Swordsman and casts mage armor on him.

Perducci
2010-11-18, 10:23 PM
Grog looks down at the weapon stuck in his body. It takes him a moment to realize what just happened.

GRAAAAAH!!! ALMOST ORC NOT GOOD!!!

Grog swirls his maul around and tries to knock the new enemy's head off. He's completely ignoring the fact that he's bleeding quite profusely.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Pezmerga
2010-11-19, 10:36 PM
My next action will be to try and bring down that hooded figure as well with an arrow. Unless he is down by the time i get to attack again...

Atk: [roll0]

Knowledge Local check to see if I know who Grog is..or if I heard of him
[roll2]
"You ok Grog (or Orc, as informal as it is, if I do not know name.)"

Sillycomic
2010-11-20, 06:39 PM
Swordsman, perhaps it was the bump on the head, but your sword swings wide and the robed figure easily dodges out of the way. A man comes up behind you a casts a spell on you.

Tevin, your arrow falls short, hitting the cobblestone just underneath the robed figures legs.

Melthior, your spell goes off as it should.

Grog. You crush the half orc's arm. He howls like a wolf when your blow lands into him. He looks busted, but still standing.

Griffon your arrow lands right next to another arrow that just missed the robed figure. It seems as though he has some sort of gust of wind spell going on around him, no arrows seem to hit him.

You do recognize Grog quite easily. He is a bouncer for one of the night clubs in Tavern Hill. Very strong physically... not so much mentally.

The robed figure, realizing he is outnumbered at this point will simply try to flee. He's running as quickly as he can into the nearest alleyway. Swordsman you get an attack of opportunity.

The half orc will swing his greataxe at Grog and hit you right in your midsection.

*Grog takes 5 points of damage*

There is no sound or movement from the tipped over carriage.

Everyone can hear the familiar whistle of the town guards. They are approaching and should be here fairly soon

CaeruliusVentus
2010-11-20, 08:01 PM
To the Swordsman, "It is dangerous out there, take this to keep you sa...oops."

Pezmerga
2010-11-21, 12:30 PM
For next round this is my action when my turn comes up.
I will fire the half orc ...seeing as he is hurting a good orc that just needs a little guidance!

[roll0]
[roll1]

Perducci
2010-11-21, 07:25 PM
Grog brings his maul around once again howling in a painful fit of rage.

NOT GOOD ORCS GET NO SHINY!!!!

[roll0]
[roll1]

Jallorn
2010-11-21, 07:54 PM
Tevin puts up his bow, moving forwards, The guards are coming, we've done our duty, now follow me before they throw us all in jail for brawling.

Pezmerga
2010-11-24, 12:56 PM
Griffon will use knowledge local, to see if he knows of a good hideout.

[roll0]

edit: I cant hit the broadside of a cloaked man but I know my city!

"Guys, I know the perfect place! Follow me."

Griffon motions for the others to follow him to the new "Headquarters"!

Along the way...

"I am Griffon for those of you who don't know. I am a bounty hunter by trade. What are your names?"

Maxios
2010-11-24, 05:15 PM
"I am the Swordsman, bane of those who harm the innocent" Swordman tells Griffon, bowing.

Pezmerga
2010-11-24, 09:18 PM
I have heard of you, Swordsman...Its nice to finally meet you. I know you have made strides to make this city a better place...A common goal amongst us all.

Sillycomic
2010-11-24, 09:54 PM
The robed figure is lucky enough to run away. The half orc is not so lucky. Grog's final blow and an arrow piercing through his heart means that he is already dead by the time his body hits the ground.

With people screaming, fleeing and in a general hysteria about what happened, its easy to lose yourselves in this crowd as guards begin to show up.

Gryffon, you know of a bounty hunter office that isn't used anymore only a few blocks from here. It's the perfect place to hide while things cool down.

A few back alleys and you guys arrive at the hideout.

Jallorn
2010-11-25, 12:30 AM
We could have simply headed to my church...

Maxios
2010-11-25, 02:51 PM
"Nice hideout." Swordsman says looking around. "I really should get one someday."
He suddenly facepalms. "I left my horse back there!"

Perducci
2010-11-25, 03:24 PM
Grog growls low over his conquered foe for a moment. In all the confusion and chaos, he almost misses that the others want him to follow. When it clicks in his head he starts beaming. He also runs his mouth....the whole time.

Grog friends stopped bad little orc.....Me Grog....Grog like new friends....You see Grog smash horse cart?....Grog saw horse cart go at other new friend...Grog think 'Grog smash it!'....So Grog smash it....

Then mid-stride his blood stops boiling and he looks down at his wounds. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! Grog hurt. Grog burn. GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Jallorn
2010-11-26, 12:51 PM
Come here Grog, I don't have much skill binding wounds, but I'll do what I can. Tevin rips a few strips of cloth from his habit, they're clean, and cheap. This place is fine for now, but I'd like to take all of you back to my church. It's small, but it's safe, safe as anything gets in this town.

Perducci
2010-11-26, 12:58 PM
Grog winces as the bandages are applied. He looks grateful and extremely confused. He turns his head to the side and asks with a thick raised eyebrow.

You know Grog?

Jallorn
2010-11-26, 01:04 PM
No, we've just met, but you keep saying your name.

Sillycomic
2010-11-26, 07:26 PM
It's been only a minute since you arrived into this hideout and you all hear a large thud hit the door behind you. It's startling. There is heavy breathing coming from the other side of that door.

Maxios
2010-11-26, 07:27 PM
Swordsman draws his sword. "Do you hear that noise?" he whispers to the others/

CaeruliusVentus
2010-11-29, 07:26 PM
A voice that seems recently familiar calls,"Uh...I'm coming in and would prefer not to be target practice."
A glow enters the room as the door opens to reveal Melthior, still out of breath.
"I am quite certain I wasn't followed. Are you guys interested in fighting crime too?"

Pezmerga
2010-11-30, 12:47 PM
Ah, hello again Melthior...Griffon is the name. Glad to see you are safe. Crime? It all depends. I am not government lapdog, but I do fight against injustice and protect those who cannot protect themselves. I hunt down those who have wronged families and our townsmen who are just trying to make a honest living. If that's fighting crime, then count me in.

Jallorn
2010-11-30, 01:12 PM
Oh, idealists, Tevin says softly, with just a hint of disappointment.

CaeruliusVentus
2010-11-30, 08:16 PM
"Here, the least I can do is clean those bandages. *waves his hand* You know, if you moved those a little, it might work better. Has anyone searched to see if there is anything left in this office that could be of use?"
To Tevin, "You look familiar, do you work at a temple near here?"

Jallorn
2010-11-30, 08:44 PM
Tevin sighs, As I just said, I'd rather take everyone to my church, it's safer there. Not that that's saying much.

CaeruliusVentus
2010-11-30, 09:33 PM
Completely ignoring the sigh, "Great, but can everyone move? Maybe you could run and get someone that can heal."

All this said seriously and naively.

Jallorn
2010-11-30, 09:38 PM
Tevin gapes at Melthior for a moment before recovering his composure, Alright look, I gotta head back anyway, you guys can join me, or you can stay here, either way, it's been... interesting. He waits a moment to see if anyone who might need help moving would like to join him.

CaeruliusVentus
2010-12-01, 12:10 PM
Moving to the swordsman, "Hi, I am Melthior the Radiant. Sorry if I surprised you earlier, but you looked as though you might want some help. I can help you in the future, but alas I will have to wait until tomorrow. Very impressive acrobatics though. You really looked like a hero as you leaped off of the carriage."

Perducci
2010-12-01, 08:18 PM
Grog nurses his wounds and watches the conversation. He isn't sure what all this talk is implying but...

Oh...you want Grog come?

CaeruliusVentus
2010-12-03, 11:33 AM
Holding up the poster for Roach, "Grog, does this look familiar? I guess some guardsman is going to get a nice bonus." Waving his hand at the guard uniforms, "Anyone know a good tailor?"

"Hello, what's this? It would seem this dwarf got himself into trouble at the library. Must have ticked someone off, though it doesn't say he stole anything. Any of you know anything about this? Now holding up the poster of Dirk Umber.

Jallorn
2010-12-03, 01:13 PM
It would be my pleasure Grog, responds Tevin.

Perducci
2010-12-03, 07:49 PM
Grog eyes get wide. Graah! Yes! Grog knows! He says matter of factly.

Grog see almost orcs all the time! You never see almost orc? He jumps up in excitement and then grasps his wound in pain. The happy look is still smeared across his face.

Graah No No. You see almost orc today! Grog laughs a little and apprehensively smiles. You joke Grog? Tsk tsk. You not fool Grog! Grog know joke!

CaeruliusVentus
2010-12-07, 01:35 PM
Having searched the place thoroughly, "Eh, not much else to do here. Maybe these church people will know something. Wait for me, just got to grab this stuff."

Melthior fashions the wanted posters and guard uniforms into an impromptu backpack and moves toward the door.

Jallorn
2010-12-07, 02:01 PM
Tevin decides that he's waited long enough, and heads out the door towards his church.

CaeruliusVentus
2010-12-07, 02:10 PM
Melthior catches up to Tevin. "Uh...does your church happen to sell potions? For that matter, what church are you a part of?"

Perducci
2010-12-08, 12:18 AM
Grog stands and bursts out the door stumbling from his wounds towards his new friends.

Hey...No leave Grog! Grog like new friends.

Jallorn
2010-12-08, 12:25 AM
I'm sorry Grog, I thought you were right behind me. Would you like some help? Tevin graciously offers to let Grog lean against him as they walk. As for your questions, he says to Melthior, I believe you may have misunderstood. This is no upper class church with magic and the such. Just me, a small stone building, and whoever shows up for prayers. Oh that's right, Tomin is staying with me too. He was a beggar, poor man, just traveled from place to place. I let him stay at the church as long as he helped clean up. He's becoming quite the assistant.

CaeruliusVentus
2010-12-08, 10:29 AM
"I see, I see. Well I am sure an opportunity will present itself, it usually does."

Sillycomic
2010-12-08, 10:39 AM
It is a mostly uneventful trip to your church.

The people who are out on the street are gossiping over the carriage fight that just took place. Some people whisper the Swordsman, other try to figure out who his partners were.

And some think that these sorts of vigilantes are why crime is so high in the first place.

You do pass buy a little herbal shop that looks like there might be potions and healing inside.

CaeruliusVentus
2010-12-08, 10:46 AM
I'll step inside and see what potions they have (I guess I will have to wait on getting that wand of blasting).

Sillycomic
2010-12-08, 11:15 AM
A female halfling with blonde hair is up on a ladder grabbing some ingredients as you walk into the room. The place smells of cinnamon. The walls are lined with various cannisters that have different herbs, dried leaves and various spices.

"Hello," She gives you a warm smile as she jumps down from the ladder.

"Healing? Oh, that's right over here," there is a display that has various potions.

11 cure light potions for sale, 45 gold a piece.

4 potions of lesser vigor for sale, 55 gold a piece.

1 wand of cure light wounds with 10 charges for sale, 135 gold.

2 cure moderate potions for sale, 300 gold a piece.

There are other potions, but she just points out the healings ones to you.

"I can also cast spells, that's much cheaper... 15 gold for a cure light spell, if that's more in your price range."

CaeruliusVentus
2010-12-08, 11:33 AM
Sticking his head out, "Hey Grog, come here and we will get you all patched up." Then to the shop lady,"I will take two potions of cure light wounds, and some healing for my friend."

Jallorn
2010-12-08, 01:58 PM
Tevin follows them in, sometimes it's nice to be a lower class priest, you're never out of place.

Perducci
2010-12-08, 11:28 PM
Grog walks in behind them and begins to spin around sniffing.

Grouwaaa! Grog....mmmm....

Grog listens to her list of prices and nods...He puts his hand into his pocket and pulls out a dirty little pouch. More of a grubby sack really. He sits down on the floor and dumps the sack out. He sorts out all the coins from his iron spikes and something that looks like a mushy bread wrapped in...some sort of sour smelling fruit peels.

He then divides his coins into two roughly even piles and hands the halfling one of them(27g).

You can fix Grog now?

Jallorn
2010-12-08, 11:46 PM
That's a bit more than she was asking for Grog.

Sillycomic
2010-12-09, 03:15 AM
The blonde halfling takes the orc's money and gives him a warm smile. She holds his hand in a reassuring way.

"Don't worry, Salmia is gonna take care of you now," And she closes her eyes as she speaks a few pleasant words.

Salmia heals Grog for 15 points with 2 cure light spells.

When she pulls away from Grog there is a small piece of candy in his hand, a raspberry drop.

She takes care of the transaction of the potions for Melthior.

"You boys looked like you were banged up pretty good. I hope that isn't a normal thing... well I'm here if you need me. I close at night, but if you knock hard enough to wake me I can make sure you get taken care of.

"Is there anything else you need."

CaeruliusVentus
2010-12-09, 10:44 AM
"Thank you. That is all for me for now, but I like your shop. A good enclosed feeling. We may yet be back."

Perducci
2010-12-09, 07:02 PM
Grog looks down into his hand and then to his healed wounds. He sniffs the candy carefully and licks it. He smiles and puts it in his sack with the rest of his things.

Wagugbaru! Grog like Sam-a-lee-a!

He stands up and stretches out his body to make sure everything works. He pats her on the head and laughs quietly. He then pulls Melthior to the side.

Grog need help later.

Sillycomic
2010-12-09, 07:23 PM
"Sure, you all come back anytime. You become regular customers I might even give you a discount."

Salmia goes back to stocking her inventory.

You all arrive at the church easily enough. It is just how you left it.

CaeruliusVentus
2010-12-13, 10:22 AM
Taking a quick stroll around the small church, "Looks cozy enough. Could use some more books though."

Can you give a description of the church?

Finding a place to put the pack down, Melthior begins unpacking the uniforms and posters.

Jallorn
2010-12-23, 02:02 PM
Rest, feel free to read, if that interests you, though most of them are religious texts, not really sure how that interests you. If you'll excuse me, I have to check to make sure Esa and her son got home safely.

CaeruliusVentus
2010-12-28, 08:30 PM
Melthior stands transfixed between exploring the books and staying far away from them. Eventually settling on a bench, he seems to focus on the ceiling as he ponders what to do.