PDA

View Full Version : [3.PF] Attack of Opportunity Question

bartman
2010-11-13, 07:00 PM
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to make an attack with a bow, without provoking attacks of opportunity? If it helps, this is for the Big Bad, or part of his retinue, so prereqs are not an issue. The game is going to be PF rules with 3.5 for flavor.

Thanks in advance

Kamai
2010-11-13, 07:11 PM
I know it isn't the same, but the APG has a feat called Stabbing Shot which replaces one attack with a melee stab that pushes a target 5ft back on hit, which with a 5ft step could get enough space. Also, the Archer Fighter gets the ability to not take AoO for shooting a bow as class feature at 9th level.

Thurbane
2010-11-13, 07:17 PM
I'm pretty sure there's a PrC that does that...Order of the Bow Initiaite maybe?

Also, the spell Arrowmind.

Both are 3.5, of course, and not strictly Pathfinder.

Last Laugh
2010-11-13, 09:38 PM
I'm pretty sure there's a PrC that does that...Order of the Bow Initiaite maybe?

Of the two Arrow mind is much better.
Immediate action, 1 min/round. ranger 1 or sorc/wiz 1
you threaten melee reach (based on size) with your bow and do not take attacks of opportunity for ranged attacks with your bow.

bartman
2010-11-13, 11:40 PM
I know it isn't the same, but the APG has a feat called Stabbing Shot which replaces one attack with a melee stab that pushes a target 5ft back on hit, which with a 5ft step could get enough space. Also, the Archer Fighter gets the ability to not take AoO for shooting a bow as class feature at 9th level.

Did not know about the alternate class builds in the APG, that is awesome

Completely forgot about the Order of the Bow PrC

Thank you, I will pass the suggestions on to my GM

ryzouken
2010-11-14, 12:26 AM
PF Adv. Players Guide has a feat.
I don't recall the prereqs, but they're low, like level 4 on low.
Close Quarters combat or something? Anyway, it removes the AoO for shooting in melee. Then there's archery focused Fighter and Monk class focuses.

APG: Buy it, Read it, Love it.

Ashram
2010-11-14, 01:08 AM
Point Blank Master, from APG. It basically requires you to be a fighter or ranger.

Point Blank Master
Requirements: Weapon Specialization for any ranged weapon
Effect: You do not provoke attacks of opportunity for firing while being threatened.
Special: A 6th level ranger with the archery combat style may take this feat, but must have Weapon Focus for the ranged weapon rather than Weapon Specialization.

Zen Archery archetype monks get Point Blank Master as a bonus feat at 3rd level.

It's also a 13th level class feature for the Crossbowman fighter archetype: Safe Shot.

Kantolin
2010-11-14, 03:02 AM
There is the second level Psychic Warrior psionic power 'Perfect Archery', which does that exactly. It's in the Complete Psionic, on page 93