PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] WATCHTOWER 6: Like Justice League, but ON LAAAND!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Gullara
2011-01-03, 10:57 PM
Sakura smiles and wraps her arms around his waist. She returns the kiss gladly.

That couldn't have went better.:smallbiggrin:

Darkcomet
2011-01-03, 11:02 PM
"Nah. Nothing special. Just didn't know if you knew." Darcy must've found out or something. She doesn't ask how they already knew.

"Hm. Well, thank you for the report. Do try to avoid getting into more trouble." A clicking noise is heard, and DC teleports away without waiting for Ilpholin's reaction to that last comment. Whoops.

Reinholdt
2011-01-03, 11:03 PM
"Hmph."
Ilpholin crosses her arms and leans back in the chair and resumes waiting for KR to come to.

Murkus
2011-01-03, 11:28 PM
Adir smiles, squeezing her close and keeping up his broad, foolish grin. "So... did you want to see the base a bit more? Or are we just gonna do this all day?" He pauses, hand running down her back again. "Cause honestly, the latter's seeming a little tempting. But if you're curious..." The way he talks, the stag sounds like he'd be happy to do either.

I wonder what would happen if Ilpholin wandered in about now.

Gullara
2011-01-03, 11:34 PM
Bad things would happen.

Sakura puts a finger in her lips, "Well as much as I'd love to stay with you here, we should probably get out of bed." she leans forward to give him a peck on the lips before slipping out of bed. Her back to him, she stretches as her 'clothes' reform.

Murkus
2011-01-03, 11:46 PM
Adir slips out as well, watching with relatively innocent interest as her 'clothes' return. "That's kinda neat. I sort of wish I could do something like that when I shift." He pauses, smiling mischievously. "Of course, then I wouldn't get the same amusing reactions."

The Stag puts on some pants and a t-shirt, the latter having a large, bold-white caption:

In God we trust. Everyone else, keep your hands where I can see 'em.

With that finished, he goes to open the door. "After you. What would you like to see first?"

Gullara
2011-01-03, 11:52 PM
Sakura giggles and rolls her eyes. She walks out the door and attempts to snatch his hand as she goes by. "I don't really know. I'm not sure what there is." Apparently her earlier wandering wasn't very fruitful.

Haruki-kun
2011-01-03, 11:54 PM
Haruki undeadtimes and walks around the base, examining. First day on the.... "job", huh? Oh, well, it's always like this. Why, back in the day....

....no, wait, none of that stuff. He doesn't want to wave a cane at kids and yell at them to get off the lawn.

"Anyone here?" he calls out somewhat loudly.

Murkus
2011-01-04, 12:02 AM
His hand is taken, and the two probably go walk back into the main room. "Hm. Well, there's a kitchen. I know that much. And a training room." He pauses, thinking.

Perhaps they run into Haruki. "Hey there." Adir says, smiling in a friendly manner.

Unfortunately, I gotta deadtime. If Sakura goes anywhere, she can feel free to put Adir on autofollow.

Haruki-kun
2011-01-04, 12:06 AM
"Oh, hi," says the Angel. "Uhm...who are you guys?"

Gullara
2011-01-04, 12:13 AM
Sakura walks along with Adir. She has a bounce in her step and her hair bobs with every on she takes, leaving a small trail of cherry blossoms behind them.

Sakura gives Haruki a little wave. "Hey." she says, wearing a friendly smile of her own.

Adir is being uncharacteristically quiet right now (:smalltongue:) so she introduces him. "He's Adir and I'm Sakura. I don't think I've met you yet. I'm new here."

Haruki-kun
2011-01-04, 12:16 AM
"Oh, cool! Me too! Let's be new together!" he says. "I'm Haruki. People call me Ruki, or Haruki, whichever one works for you. And uh....I'm an Angel!"

Gullara
2011-01-04, 12:24 AM
Sakura grins, "Nice to meet you Ruki. I'm a dryad." Thus the young bark like skin and the waist length mass of cherry blossoms for hair.

EDIT: She eyes him curiously. She's never seen an angel before I believe.

Haruki-kun
2011-01-04, 12:34 AM
Ruki's probably seen more than one dryad in his life. "A pleasure. So why are you here? Watcha join for?

....Pun not intended."

Gullara
2011-01-04, 12:41 AM
Spot check... failed. I don't see the pun.

Sakura looks embarrassed at the question, "Um... you know." she glances at Adir, "To protect the world and stuff."

"Pun?"

Haruki-kun
2011-01-04, 01:30 AM
"You know... WATCHa join for?" he says. "Anyway, that sounds like a good reason to join. I suppose. Better than joining for...

So do we get rooms?"

Still no idea why he joined.

Gullara
2011-01-04, 01:35 AM
"I think so. I mean yeah, but I don't have one yet. I..." she trails off. She look kind of flustered. She's blushing furiously. Just realized dryads can't blush.

Haruki-kun
2011-01-04, 01:37 AM
"Well, if they're gonna give me one, anyway, I'll just be taking it now, I guess. I'm rather tired. It was a pleasure. Hope to see you around. Good night."

In a moment, he'll head off to bed, whereas I'll be deadtiming now.

Gullara
2011-01-04, 01:44 AM
"Good night." she says. The dryad sighs. Well that was awkward. Kind of her own fault.

horngeek
2011-01-04, 06:23 AM
Meanwhile, Cathy, the plot she was in having been abandoned/finished/DM went off, is around. Could interact with anyone, really.

horngeek
2011-01-04, 02:21 PM
Cathy is still around, could run into anyone. :smallsmile:

Haruki-kun
2011-01-04, 02:40 PM
After a long nap, Haruki wakes up and stretches. Getting dressed in... the exact same clothes he always wears, he walks out of his room.

"Oh, hello," he says to Cathy. "What's your name?"

Morty
2011-01-04, 03:27 PM
Wenomir is walking up and down the common room with a thoughtful expression.

Haruki-kun
2011-01-04, 03:31 PM
Haruki approaches. "What's on your mind?"

Morty
2011-01-04, 03:41 PM
Wenomir turns around and spots the angel. I was thinking about what we talked about when you joined, actually. Estabilishing a clearer chain of command.

Haruki-kun
2011-01-04, 04:08 PM
"Oh..." And that's what he gets for suggesting. "So... who do you have in mind?"

Morty
2011-01-04, 04:14 PM
The demonhunter shrugs. First I'm going to talk to members, especially DC and KR, and see what they think.

Murkus
2011-01-04, 05:40 PM
"Good night." she says. The dryad sighs. Well that was awkward. Kind of her own fault.

Adir totally participated in that conversation. Actually, no, he was distracted by the angel's wings. He does bother saying goodbye before Haruki leaves, though.

"Never met an angel before." Then he glances at Sakura, grinning. "So you ready to, uh, 'protect the world and stuff'?"

Gullara
2011-01-04, 05:48 PM
Sakura decides that she's going to pretend her conversation with Ruki never went past introductions.

Sakura rolls her eyes and smiles, "'And stuff', right." She slaps him on the arm lightly, "You don't need to point out me tripping over my own sentences."

Murkus
2011-01-04, 06:28 PM
"Aw, I thought it was kinda funny." Adir says, still smiling that fool's smile. He probably goes to take her hand again, looking around the main room. "Well, you've seen this place already. Whatcha wanna look at next?"

Anyone can feel free to talk to them, I would think.

Gullara
2011-01-04, 06:39 PM
She lets him take her hand. I don't know if she ever let go actually.

"Well... maybe we can go see the training room." Sakura looks hesitant. Part of her doesn't want to think about learning to fight, but she's going to do so anyway.

horngeek
2011-01-04, 06:41 PM
Well, they could encounter Cathy... :smalltongue:

Murkus
2011-01-04, 06:45 PM
"Let's go." Adir says, happy about it. He seems proud that someone wants to be trained. By him.

Maybe they run into Cathy up there?

"Wow. There sure are a lot of members here I don't know yet." He murmurs to Sakura, before calling, "Hi! What's up?"

horngeek
2011-01-04, 06:45 PM
""Hmm? Oh, my name's Cathy. Who are you two?"

Murkus
2011-01-04, 06:56 PM
"I'm Adir." He gestures at the dryad with his free hand. "And this is Sakura. You a member here, Cathy?"

Gullara
2011-01-04, 06:59 PM
Sakura waves at Cathy enthusiastically, "Hey, nice to meet you."

horngeek
2011-01-04, 07:18 PM
Cathy nods, and waves back. "Yes, I am. Nice to meet you two too."

Murkus
2011-01-04, 07:29 PM
"We're both pretty new." The stag says, glancing between Sakura and Cathy, beaming pleasantly. "Been around here long?"

Reinholdt
2011-01-05, 02:03 PM
Ilpholin is still waiting for KR to come to.

But this is about the phone.
Cause it's ringing.
Brnnng. Brnnng.

Haruki-kun
2011-01-05, 02:05 PM
Haruki hears the phone ring. "I'm not sure if I should go pick it up..." he says. "Huh... anyone around who can pick up the phone?" he calls out loudly.

Morty
2011-01-05, 02:07 PM
Wenomir picks up the phone, then. WATCHTOWER here. Who's speaking?

Reinholdt
2011-01-05, 02:10 PM
A voice on the other end, magically disguising itself to be neutral, replies.

"AMEN will attack soon to free one of your prisoners. Be wary."
*click*
The phone hangs up on the other end.

Morty
2011-01-05, 02:21 PM
Wha- oh, damn. Which prisoner was whoever was out there talking about? It probably doesn't matter, unless it's just a ploy to get them all riled up for no reason.

Reinholdt
2011-01-05, 02:22 PM
As far as I know... Watchtower only has one prisoner. :smalltongue:
Unless they have more than one. :smallconfused:

Morty
2011-01-05, 02:27 PM
This player can't even remember them having one prisoner. >.>

Murkus
2011-01-05, 11:26 PM
[Training Room]

Since Cathy seems to have broken off/deadtimed, Adir shows Sakura the shooting range. "Well, here's where you'll be learning some of it."

Gullara
2011-01-05, 11:43 PM
[Training Room]

"Oh yeah." Sakura says. She looks around the range. It's clear she's nervous about the whole thing.

She puts on a brave face though.

Murkus
2011-01-05, 11:49 PM
[Training Room]

Adir steps over to a wall, grabbing a simple, Earth-level revolver and handing it to her. "Feel the weight a little. You wanna try it out?"

Gullara
2011-01-06, 12:02 AM
[Training Room]

The weight is totally unfamiliar in her hands. Those hands are much better suited to picking flowers than firing a weapon.

"Um, sure. What do I do?" Sakura asks.

Morty
2011-01-06, 09:33 AM
Wenomir undeadtimes and heads off to find someone to tell about the supposed AMEN assault.

Earl of Purple
2011-01-06, 11:45 AM
There's always Malice, the purple half-dragon. He's bald, with a pair of large wings, and not as muscular as he was a year ago. He's also in the cells, and has been since his dad, the Earl, attacked WATCHTOWER alongside the army of catpeople. I just haven't known what to do with him. He's staring at a gold ring set with a large, green stone on his finger, fiddling with it slightly but not taking it off.

Haruki-kun
2011-01-06, 02:20 PM
Haruki undeadtimes and looks around for something to do. "Man, what I wouldn't give for an apocalypse right now. So bored..."

Morty
2011-01-06, 02:25 PM
Wenomir runs across Haruki, then. You... Haruki, right? Someone just called and said that AMEN is supposedly about to attack us to free someone from our prison.

Haruki-kun
2011-01-06, 02:28 PM
"Oh... OK? And... who is this person from our prison?"

Morty
2011-01-06, 04:48 PM
I'm honestly not sure. I wasn't aware we had anyone in our prison, much less someone AMEN might want to free. So the call might have been a ruse.

Haruki-kun
2011-01-06, 05:14 PM
"That's unlikely, it would make no sense in the context of the RP. I think we should assume they're after something here."

Chain Chomp bursts into the main room. How he managed that is beyond me.

"ARF ARF!"

"Oh, you're a good boy, aren't you, Chompy? Who's a good boy? Who's a good boy? You're a good boy!" The Angel climbs on the Chomp's back. Or well, the top of the Chomp's head, whatever it is.

"Well, this is what I have at my diposal. Chomp can stand guard if you want. I'm not sure how good he is in an all-out fight, though."

Morty
2011-01-06, 05:22 PM
What... in the hell is that? Wenomir stares at Chain Chomp.

Haruki-kun
2011-01-06, 05:27 PM
"This? It's a Chain Chomp. I found him when he was just a little puppy, right, Chompy?"

"ARF ARF!"

Haruki leans over and hugs the Chomp. "He's a really good pet. I didn't know he'd grow this big when I found him, he was so small."

Morty
2011-01-06, 05:35 PM
Wenomir rolls his eyes and mutters something. Yes, I suppose he'll do a good job at guarding the prisons. If only because if someone manages to get there will be completely dumbfounded when they see him.

Murkus
2011-01-06, 07:06 PM
[Training Room]

The weight is totally unfamiliar in her hands. Those hands are much better suited to picking flowers than firing a weapon.

"Um, sure. What do I do?" Sakura asks.

"Well, first, we gotta load it." The stag extracts a few bullets from the cases of ammunition that are presumably there, and taking his hands over hers, swings out the revolver's cylinder. "Now we insert the cartridges and pop it back in. There's a trick to reloading a revolving gun like this, but that's not important right now." The stag is talking as if he were speaking to a child. Carefully, simply, slowly.

Adir holds the weapon up in front of her, and probably thumbs back the hammer for her. "You'll need to do that before each shot. Then squeeze the trigger." He says, gesturing. "Now, you give it a go."

He finally lifts his own empty weapon, taking up a one-handed shooting stance down-range, just to show her how.

Gullara
2011-01-06, 07:12 PM
[Training Room]

Sakura nods a couple times during the explanation. She appreciates that he's explaining it nice and slow. She studies his stance a moment before imitating it.

I think two handed would have been a better idea. She pulls the trigger and is completely unprepared for the recoil. It tosses her arm back and she drops the gun in shock. She lets out a little scream.

Murkus
2011-01-06, 07:39 PM
[Training Room]

Adir almost manages to keep a straight face as the gun goes off, watching Sakura. Then his mouth breaks out in an amused grin, and he laughs a bit. "Got some... heh, uhm, real kick to it, don't you think?"

Well, he was taught to use it one-handed for the most part. Plus, it seems like he expected that to happen. Gotta learn somehow.

Gullara
2011-01-06, 07:44 PM
[Training Room]

"Are you crazy? I could have hurt myself!" she is definitely upset. She's breathing pretty heavily.

Probably the shock.

Murkus
2011-01-06, 07:48 PM
[Training Room]

Adir's smile falters a little, but still seeming cheery, he goes to pick up the gun. "In that order: Yes. And only if you pointed it the wrong way." He glances at her hand, only a tiny bit concerned. "C'mon. The worst you've got is a tingle, am I right? It wasn't so bad."

Gullara
2011-01-06, 07:53 PM
[Training Room]

She takes a deep breath. "You're right." Another breath, "I'm okay." She gives him an embarrassed smile.

She thinks for a second, and giggles, "Did you just say you're crazy?"

Murkus
2011-01-06, 08:08 PM
[Training Room]

Adir flashes a wry smile, setting his empty weapon down on the table nearby. "Who? Me? Didn't say a thing."

The stag holds the pistol out to Sakura, grip first. "You wanna try again? I'll help you this time."

Gullara
2011-01-06, 08:18 PM
[Training Room]

She laughs and shakes her head. Cherry blossoms shower around her. "Of course you didn't."

She sobers when he offers her the gun. With a determined look in her eye she takes it. "Okay."

Murkus
2011-01-06, 08:30 PM
Training Room

Adir walks towards her, and goes to help her with the stance. He demonstrates where the feet should be, and then tries to take her hands. "Now, lets try the two-handed grip. Hold it straight." The stag steps behind her, steadying her arms if she'll allow, and then steps back. "Be ready for the kick. Don't let it surprise you."

Gullara
2011-01-06, 08:34 PM
[Training Room]

She lets him do anything to help her. She nods and pulls the trigger.

This time it goes a lot better. She never even dropped the gun. She turns around and gives Adir a grin. "How was that?"

Murkus
2011-01-06, 08:48 PM
Training Room

Adir grins back once more, crossing his arms good-naturedly. "Much better, I think." He glances down-range to see if she actually hit anything, eyes flicking back and forth. If not, he says, "Good form. Keep that up. Might wanna keep your arms a bit straighter next time, though. Helps with the aiming."

Gullara
2011-01-06, 08:56 PM
[Training Room]

Oh yeah, not a chance she hit anything.

"Gotcha." Maybe this wasn't so bad. "Should I try again?"

Murkus
2011-01-06, 09:00 PM
Training Room

Adir nods enthusiastically, clearly happy she's picking it up. "Go for it. See, there's only so much I have to teach you about this stuff. A lot of it's just aiming and keeping in combat shape."

He'll give her pointers every now and again, probably letting her figure out the reloading. At some point, he probably shows her the little finger-trick you can do to load it much quicker.

Deadtime, for a couple hours.

Gullara
2011-01-06, 09:03 PM
[Training Room]

Shooting range montage!

For the next little while Sakura practices her shooting and, since this is the Nexus, gets better surprisingly quickly.

Murkus
2011-01-06, 11:41 PM
[Training Room]

Adir cheers her on, and she may well keep it up until an entire ammo case (while only a tiny box) is emptied.

He seems impressed with her aim. "Wow. You pick stuff up quick, Sakura."

Haruki-kun
2011-01-06, 11:41 PM
Haruki chains the chomp in front of the prison. "Now, listen here, Chompy, be a good boy and don't let anyone out, alright? Preferrably no one in, unless they're PC's who are part of the faction."

"ARF ARF!"

"Good boy!"

---------------

The Angel then walks up to the training room. "Hi, how are you guys? Good? Great! Now listen, I just need a dummy... a there's one."

He grabs a dummy and begins to attack it with a sword. Since it's a sort of videogame dummy, he could bring down the apocalypse on it and still not tear it. Those are good dummies.

Gullara
2011-01-06, 11:48 PM
Sakura looks down at her feet, embarrassed at the praise. "Thanks."

And then the angel walks in. He just gets a funny look.

Haruki-kun
2011-01-06, 11:49 PM
He might be getting a funny look, but it doesn't bother him much. He just beats the crap out of the dummy with some super awesome kickass anime sword moves. You can almost hear a narrator yelling "FINISH!"

Murkus
2011-01-06, 11:54 PM
Adir's gaze is drawn to Haruki, and is significantly impressed by the moves. "Huh. Been at that a long time, pal?"

Gullara
2011-01-06, 11:58 PM
Sakura watches Ruki wide eyed. Wow he's fast.

Haruki-kun
2011-01-06, 11:59 PM
"A couple of years," says the Angel. "A couple" meaning about three or four hundred. "It's kinda required for us. Fighting demons and devils who are even stronger... well, you can see it's necessary. And then there's those world-balance-altering eldritch abominations. I hate them. They all go around saying 'ooooh, look at me, I'm ancient and the gods got nothing on me'!" He blows a raspberry. "Yeah, right. They're usually such smalltime that the gods themselves can't be bothered with them. It's our job to deal with it."

He smiles in a friendly way. "You?"

Murkus
2011-01-07, 12:04 AM
"About a year and a half. Though longer, with a bow." Adir says, clearly fascinated by the angel. "Well, given your talk, I can certainly understand why you work here."

Gullara
2011-01-07, 12:11 AM
Doo dee doo dee dum. Sakura is busy not being part of the conversation.

Haruki-kun
2011-01-07, 12:12 AM
"Well, yeah. I'm not big on factions, but... it's pretty much one that does the same thing I was sent to the mortal plane to take care of. I might as well."

He looks thoughtful. "Although I HAVE been in a few other factions. AMEN, HALO... mostly depended on how things were."

Murkus
2011-01-07, 12:24 AM
His ears perk a little. "AMEN? How'd that happen?" What with him being an angel, n'all.

Then, absentmindedly, he glances at Sakura. "You know, that reminds me. I could probably teach you how to fire a bow, too. Might suit you better."

Haruki-kun
2011-01-07, 12:30 AM
"Well, it's kind of a long story. I was theco-founder of HALO, but we had our differences, and I needed a place to stay. Back then, there were only two places to stay, AMEN and HALO. So I dropped by AMEN, asked if I could stay, they thought 'sure, why not', then I stayed with them for abouta year or two. It was nice, really.

Of course, I was pretty much killing them every chance I got. I mean, it wasstill my job to put them down. But strangely enough, I made a lot of friends. AMENites are the nicest people!"

And he means it, too.

Gullara
2011-01-07, 12:31 AM

But then she wouldn't be a dryad with a gun.

"Sure, whatever you think." He is the expert as far as she's concerned.

Haruki-kun
2011-01-07, 12:32 AM
Haruki picks up the gun, spins around, aims it at the dummy and fires 6 rounds.

They all miss. And he's standing like three feet away.

"....this is the sort of thing I never could get accustomed to."

Murkus
2011-01-07, 12:35 AM
Adir stifles a bit of laughter, also still a bit fascinated by the story. He momentarily looks at the floor, to disguise his chuckles. "Hm. Not, uh, really your style Haruki."

Of course she'll still be a dryad with a gun!

Funny how a slaying archangel can miss everything but a wood spirit is actually pretty good.

Haruki-kun
2011-01-07, 12:37 AM
Well, he can't be good at everything. :smalltongue:

"No, not at all. I do look cool with them, though. Then again, everyone looks cool with a gun."

Murkus
2011-01-07, 12:42 AM
"You look cooler with the sword. And trust me, I didn't look so 'cool' when I started this stuff out." Adir slips back into his good-humoured conversational tone. "But Sakura here seems to be picking it up quicker than me. I'm a bit jealous, actually."

Haruki-kun
2011-01-07, 12:47 AM
Haruki does that trick where he spins the gun in his hand, and blows the smoke out of the barrel. "Unbelievable," he mutters, handing the gun over.

"Well, whatever works for you, I suppose. I'm all for the close combat."

Gullara
2011-01-07, 12:56 AM
Sakura grins at Adir's comment. "Thanks."

Morty
2011-01-07, 12:47 PM
Wenomir undeadtimes, heading for the training room for the lack of anything better to do.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-07, 01:44 PM
Cessie (http://whisperingworm.wikidot.com/cessie) goes up to the entrance of watchtower, looking quite worried as she starts to knock on the door, waiting for someone to open it.

Morty
2011-01-07, 01:46 PM
Wenomir turns around on his way to the training room and heads for the door to open it. Yes, what is it?

Shadowcaller
2011-01-07, 01:50 PM
"Hello, thanks for opening." She replies with a slight nod, her hair a bit messy as she just had to fix it outside the door.

"This is watchtower correct? I came here to meet a friend..."

Morty
2011-01-07, 01:51 PM
This is WATCHTOWER. Who is this friend of yours? Wenomir examines the girl suspiciously.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-07, 01:55 PM
"Sakura, the dryad?" Cessie replies nervously, feeling a bit uncomfortable, still trying not to itch that damn mark on her arm.
"I'm in need of some help actually..."

Morty
2011-01-07, 01:56 PM
Hm, yes, there is a Sakura the dryad here. Come in. What sort of help do you need?

Gullara
2011-01-07, 01:57 PM
Sakura happens to be in the training room.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-07, 02:07 PM
The magician enters watchtower, looking around a bit before turning to Wenomir again, his appearance reminding her of the Dah'rs of Hestopia. Could he possibly...?

"Well, first of all there is a minor curse I need removed and secondly I think I have discovered some type of evil force in the place I stayed at. I'm not really sure yet but I don't like to investigate it myself." She tells Wenomir.

"And thirdly, I would like to speak with Sakura while I'm here."

Morty
2011-01-07, 02:09 PM
Alright. Both things are something that we deal with. Sakura is in the training room, I think. Follow me. The demonhunter will lead Cessie to the training room.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-07, 02:15 PM
"Bye the way." Cessie asks as they are going to the training room, "Do you happen to know what a Dah'r is? You look very much like them."

Morty
2011-01-07, 02:16 PM
Never heard of them, Wenomir says as he walks.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-07, 02:23 PM
"Oh... I was just wondering." She says as they enter the training room. "This world is quite new to me."

Haruki-kun
2011-01-07, 02:29 PM
Haruki looks up from his sword training. "New person?" he asks, curiously.

Morty
2011-01-07, 02:30 PM
She's here for help, actually. Wenomir steps aside so Sakura can see Cessie.

Gullara
2011-01-07, 02:31 PM
Sakura looks around when Ruki talks. She spots Cessie, "Hey Cessie!" She smiles wide. "What are you doing here?"

horngeek
2011-01-07, 02:33 PM
Cathy enters to see the person! "What kind of help?"

Shadowcaller
2011-01-07, 02:42 PM
"Hello again Sakura." Cessie says as she returns to Dryad's smile. "I was planning to visit eventually but it seems I am forced to come a bit earlier..." She pauses. "The hotel I was staying at, something very strange is gone on there. I tried to feel the magic within and discovered a very potent source of magic that... attacked me."

"I got a mark... some type of symbol, it doesn't effect me in any way, it's sort of just there." She drags back her sleeve to show the itching mark (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/5/5f/Slaanesh_mark.png) on her arm so everyone can see it, making a face.

Gullara
2011-01-07, 02:44 PM
Sakura's smile fades and is replaced by a look of concern. She walks closer to get a better look at the mark. "Attacked you? Are you okay?"

horngeek
2011-01-07, 02:46 PM
Cathy walks over. "Can I have a look?"

If the answer's yes, she'll take hold of the arm and study the symbol. Then say the bottom line.

If no, skip to the below.:smalltongue:

"...we need someone to go investigate. I've got high magic resistance, so I might be the best choice."

Haruki-kun
2011-01-07, 02:46 PM
Haruki glances over at the mark. "...yeah, I got nothing," he mutters. Though he's rather interested in that hotel thing.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-07, 02:53 PM
"I'm okay... the mark just itches, that's all. But thanks for your concern Sakura." Cessie tells the Dryad, trying to smile reassuringly, keeping her hand away from the strange symbol.

And Cessie doesn't seem comfortable with letting Catherine touch her arm. "I have already checked it I assure you, there is nothing to it beyond it being magically on my arm. I would like to ask if someone can remove it however."

Morty
2011-01-07, 03:02 PM
The hotel definetly deserves investigation. Needless to say, Wenomir also has no idea what the mark might mean.

horngeek
2011-01-07, 03:04 PM
"I'd probably go about it by staying there, possibly for an extended period of time.

And I don't know. That's why I wanted to study it."

Haruki-kun
2011-01-07, 03:11 PM
"I'm not sure I know how to remove it... except in a way that you wouldn't like... <.<"

He looks thoughtful. "Is there anyone else around here who can work with curses?"

Gullara
2011-01-07, 03:12 PM
Sakura can't do anything about it. She just gives Cessie a small 'everything will be alright' smile.

Morty
2011-01-07, 03:14 PM
Wenomir shakes his head. Not me, that's for sure.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-07, 03:16 PM
Cessie sigh, "Normally I could easily deal with curses, but this curse don't function as the way I'm used to. It lacks a residue binding, unless it would bind into my soul, which as far I know it's impossible."

She looks at Cathy doubtfully, "If you try not to touch it you can have a look."

((Please ignore Cessie's magic babble, it just work in a specific way in her world, those rules don't go over here.))

Haruki-kun
2011-01-07, 03:20 PM
"Well... you could go look for someone in one of the other factions, maybe GLoG... or you could ask the Witch, but that's kind of an easy way out. Or an extremely complicated way out, depending on her Price."

Morty
2011-01-07, 03:50 PM
We do have more mages here. I haven't seen Ilyena in some time, but Spyridon and KR might be able to help.

horngeek
2011-01-07, 03:54 PM
Cathy has a look, then frown. "Yeah, get them in here, I'd say."

Morty
2011-01-07, 04:04 PM
Alright, I'll be back when I find one of them. Wenomir goes to look for any of the three mages he mentioned.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-07, 04:07 PM
Cessie frowns "That really shouldn't be nessecary, maybe if I just try it my way..." She pauses, stroking her chin. "Now normally the best way would be to disturb the curse by sunder it's residue-binding's physical connection. But if we assume it have somehow bound to my soul..." She looks at the mark thoughtfully. "Maybe if I just try to unravel the magic that theoretically would be bound to my soul..."

And she tries that theory.

UncleWolf
2011-01-07, 04:09 PM
The mark vanishes, but a feeling of moderate pain/pleasure hits her when it does. Not nearly as bad as last time though.

Gullara
2011-01-07, 04:13 PM
Sakura smiles. "Hey, it's gone. That's a relief."

Morty
2011-01-07, 04:14 PM
Wenomir stops halfway to the door. Oh. I guess I won't have to look for them.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-07, 04:24 PM
Cessie cries out a bit as the mark disappears and blushes slightly due the other part. She hated how that energy seemed to manipulated what she felt.
She really hoped the others haven't noticed anything, last time had at least been alone at least.

The magician clears her throat and tries to pretend that never happened. "Yes... but we are dealing with something powerful here if it managed to do that just for a mark." She says, trying to make herself and the others focus on that part.

Morty
2011-01-07, 04:30 PM
Wenomir doesn't really notice anything strange about Cessie's behavior. Hm. Yes, we'll defiently have to be careful when we send someone there. But we knew that already.

Haruki-kun
2011-01-07, 04:32 PM
"Right. So who wants to be the sacrif- I mean, the volunteer?"

Morty
2011-01-07, 04:48 PM
I suppose it might be an opportunity for the newer members to see some action...

Gullara
2011-01-07, 04:50 PM
Sakura is pointedly looking elsewhere. What could she do in that place anyway?

Doo dee doo dee dum.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-07, 05:08 PM
"I'm mostly worried about the others that live on that hotel, I was visited by some strange ghost that claimed it wanted to know my secret desires when I slept." Cessie says with concern. "I mean, I don't know what is going on exactly, but I don't think it's anything good."

She is going to spare Sakura from this thought. :smalltongue:

horngeek
2011-01-07, 05:55 PM
"I already volunteered. I have magical resistance, due to the way my magic works, so I should be less susceptible to it, at least."

Morty
2011-01-07, 06:02 PM
I would go, but it sounds like this case will need investigation skills rather than martial arts... He falls silent and sniffs at the air around Cessie. Yes, definetly... say, you didn't happen to spot any demons in that place, did you?

Shadowcaller
2011-01-07, 06:10 PM
Cessie gives Wenomir an odd look as he sniffs, that reminded her too much about the way wolfen smelled. They smelled far too much of her taste.

"Demons? Pardon me, but could you enlighten me what that is? You seems to have me at a disadvantage here." Cessie asks the demons hunter.

Morty
2011-01-07, 06:14 PM
Wenomir rubs his forehead. Demons... definitions vary from place to place, but they're evil creatures emerging from various hellish places. I was mutated and conditioned to hunt them. And I can smell them on you. So the place you told us about had something to do with demons or demon summoners. Or both.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-07, 06:22 PM
"Ah, we call them oni where I'm from, but I didn't saw any of them there thought, unless that ghost was one of them which is very possible." Cessie replies.

Morty
2011-01-07, 06:43 PM
However you call them, they're there. Which means it might be a good idea for me to go, since I know how to fight them.

horngeek
2011-01-07, 06:45 PM
"If too many of us go, it'll look suspicious. To be honest, apart from the magic resistance, I can also pull weapons from nowhere, so I can appear harmless right until the last minute."

VampireRot
2011-01-07, 06:55 PM
The front door opens silently, evidentially a member as there was no knock. And indeed, it is Merrak. The drow walks through with ever-silent steps and a guarded and blank expression. He makes his way to the training room, as the rest of the base seems empty. He steps in with a raised eyebrow.

"What's going on?" :smallconfused:

Shadowcaller
2011-01-07, 07:00 PM
"Err... actually, I doubt the oni are really there, but it's hard to explain. Let's just call them 'demons' from now on." Cessie says and then looks at Cathy.

"And I agree, I did leave some of my things there so it won't be weird if I return. The others can come after me and check in. Seems easy enough really, then we can just..." Cessie is interrupted by Merrak that she directly links to that horrible drow woman Mel.

She glances at him coldly and waits until the others explain the situation.

horngeek
2011-01-07, 08:36 PM
"Hmmm... actually, I was intending to get a room there and see what happens."

VampireRot
2011-01-07, 08:39 PM
"Get a room where?" :smallconfused:

Merrak is suspicious now, if rather annoyed his question was ignored by two people. Cessie's glare is simply met by an emotionless glance. Well, a glance that hides emotion. Not quite emotionless.

If they're talking about... Oh, that would be ironic wouldn't it? :smallamused:

Murkus
2011-01-07, 09:29 PM
Adir wanders in on the conversation, looking curiously at everyone. "What, uh, the elf said. What's doing, folks?"

Shadowcaller
2011-01-07, 09:30 PM
"Yes, thats what I meant." Cessie replies shortly, not intending to let the drow be any part of this discussion.
"I mean, I'm not sure they are actually doing anything criminal, but it's worth investigating if they are together with 'demons'."

Morty
2011-01-08, 01:47 PM
Adir wanders in on the conversation, looking curiously at everyone. "What, uh, the elf said. What's doing, folks?"

There appears to be a hotel outside of Inside where something strange is going on. Cessie here came and asked us to investigate. I know that demons are involved, at least; I smelled them off her.

Gullara
2011-01-08, 01:57 PM
Sakura goes over to stand by Adir.

Exciting post I know.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-08, 02:09 PM
Cessie seems to notice Sakura's reaction to go near Adir. "Oh, hello, I'm Cessie, the one that stayed at that hotel. Who are you?" She asks curiously.

Murkus
2011-01-08, 02:10 PM
"So we get to investigate?" Adir says, clearly interested in actually doing something. "Can me and Sakura tag along?"

He grins at Cessie, waving. "I'm Adir. Nice to meet you."

Gullara
2011-01-08, 02:14 PM
Sakura gives Adir a worried look, but she'd be safe with him.

"Oh yeah. Cessie Adir, Adir Cessie. I met Cessie at Trog's Tavern."

Shadowcaller
2011-01-08, 02:16 PM
"Nice to meet you Adir." Cessie replies with a smile and nods politely at him and even offers her hand. "So how do you two know each other exactly?"

horngeek
2011-01-08, 02:18 PM
"I'm... not sure how good an idea it'd be. It would be a good idea for you two to be part of the backup, but I don't think you should be part of the investigation, partially because they might get suspicious."

Murkus
2011-01-08, 02:20 PM
"We're old friends. Which is code for: I used to hang around and pester her at court meetings." He grins, and shakes the offered hand. The kid's hands are still pretty smooth, whatever fighting profession he's at, he hasn't been at it long.

The stag glances at Cathy, obviously perturbed. "Aw, why? How are we more suspicious than you guys?"

Gullara
2011-01-08, 02:24 PM
Sakura grins at Adir, "I never minded."

"So a hotel is like an inn right?" Sakura asks. "I don't think we'd be that suspicious. We'd just have to pretend no to know you." She looks determined to be useful now. More than before at least, but now Adir would be there too.

horngeek
2011-01-08, 02:25 PM
"Hmmmmm... what do you think, Weomir?"

Shadowcaller
2011-01-08, 02:25 PM
Cessi'es hands are smooth and elegant, one would be surprised if she had ever held a weapon in her entire life, or even hit someone with it. "Oh, your from the same place then? Mind I ask what a court meeting is? I'm afraid I don't know much of this place at all."

"And for the hotel... it could be dangerous, are you sure you like to risk it?"

Morty
2011-01-08, 02:32 PM
Wenomir shrugs. I'm willing to step aside so Adir and Sakura can go instead. Three people isn't too much.

Murkus
2011-01-08, 02:37 PM
Adir grins back at Sakura, glancing around at the assembled WATCHmen. "Yeah, we come from the same planet. Court meetings are... well, like a combination of a festival and a diplomatic meeting. We went to discuss recent events, designate territory, you know..."

He looks at the others excitedly. "As for the hotel, we'll be fine. But if worse comes to worst, we might need a way to call for backup."

VampireRot
2011-01-08, 02:43 PM
"That hotel?"

Merrak raises an eyebrow and thinks fast. Hm...

"I was there recently, and I noticed nothing strange." :smallconfused:

The drow is an exceptionally good liar.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-08, 02:47 PM
Cessie is still ignoring the drow to some extent, "Planet? Well... I see. I don't want anyone to get hurt, but I really just wanted this to be an investigation, I don't really know what is wrong there or even if it's something criminal. As I already said. So we need to be careful and discreet. They might be innocent after all."

Morty
2011-01-08, 02:48 PM
So... Adir and Sakura will be going with Cessie, then? Some way to call backup if things go south would be handy, yes... He has no idea what it would be, though.

VampireRot
2011-01-08, 02:49 PM
"Unless the hotel turned me invisible, of course." :smallannoyed:

Merrak folds his arms, letting a small but visible look of annoyance onto his face. For snarking.

horngeek
2011-01-08, 02:51 PM
"And I'll be going as well. I might check in shortly after they arrive, though."

Murkus
2011-01-08, 02:51 PM
Adir approaches Merrak, clearly curious. "So nothing happened at all?" He glances between the drow and Cessie. "Hm. Odd."

Shadowcaller
2011-01-08, 02:55 PM
And finally Cessie seems to pay the drow some attention. "Well, that mark everyone here can tell I had was a proof something was odd in there." She tells the drow and then smiles a bit, politeness had been trained into her at a early age. "I'm glad you never encountered anything thought mr...?"

Gullara
2011-01-08, 02:55 PM
Sakura watches the exchange between Adir and the black skinned elf, or drow as Cessie called them.

VampireRot
2011-01-08, 02:56 PM
Merrak nods and raises an eyebrow.

"I spent two nights there. The strangest thing I saw in that time was some sort of fancy calamari dish."

Made from baby Kraken. :smalltongue:

"The name's Merrak."

Shadowcaller
2011-01-08, 03:01 PM
"Ah, Merrak, I'm going to assume you are not at all like a woman I met not long ago who claimed your kind had the most dreadful opinions of elves." She tells the drow and offers her hand. "My name is Cessie Mithar."

Murkus
2011-01-08, 03:03 PM
"Well, danger or no, it's something to do." Adir says, shrugging and glancing around. "If Merrak's right, we'll come back after a day or two. Should be pretty easy to scope out."

Morty
2011-01-08, 03:05 PM
I guess we have a plan, then. Wenomir nods.

VampireRot
2011-01-08, 03:08 PM
"Oh? Well my species is generally considered as a whole to be "evil" by many people. It is understandable." :smallconfused:

Merrak shakes the hand, expression blank.

"If there is something strange going on, I hope we can find out what then."

Shadowcaller
2011-01-08, 03:14 PM
"Thats is most unfortunate." She tells the drow, "But I think our conversation must end here I'm afraid, it's my duty as a mage to investigate this possible magical intrusion. Or so it is where I'm from at least."

She turns to the others. "So should we move out then?"

Gullara
2011-01-08, 03:16 PM
Sakura looks uncertain. "Maybe I need some... clothes." She's got to blend in. And probably a weapon to.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-08, 03:20 PM
As Sakura mentions clothes, Cessie's eyes shines up. "Ohh... you could burrow one of my dresses Sakura."

Murkus
2011-01-08, 03:32 PM
"Lemme pack a couple things while you guys take care of the clothes." Adir says, before running off to his room.

He returns minutes later with... well, he's no more conspicuous than before, but he has a big suitcase now. "I, uh, got Sakura a gun. Just in case."

Gullara
2011-01-08, 03:36 PM
"Sounds great." Sakura says to Cessie. Bleh, she doesn't like clothes.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-08, 03:43 PM
Cessie loves clothes thought, she never wears the same dress twice when she is back home.

"Okay." She says excitedly as she is taking out her bag that apparently is filled just with clothes. "I think you would look great in pink, perhaps purple... it would go really well with your skin. Purple goes well with both brown and green in my opinion. What do you think Sakura?" Cessie turns to her with a smile.

FireFox
2011-01-08, 03:45 PM
Spyridon undeadtimes and starts wandering around.

Gullara
2011-01-08, 03:48 PM
"Um..." She really doesn't know. "What ever you think." Light brown skin and hair to match her text colour for reference.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2118/2376807697_5776771b31.jpg

Morty
2011-01-08, 03:49 PM
Spyridon might run across the group in the training room that's debating an expedition to a possibly demon-infested hotel.
Wenomir leans against the wall, listening to the others talk.

Murkus
2011-01-08, 04:03 PM
Adir sits down to wait for Cessie and Sakura, rummaging in his new suitcase for something. It's certainly more suited for a hotel than his shoddy backpack.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-08, 04:03 PM
Cessie takes a short glances at Sakura and then picks up two dresses, one dark red and one dark purple. "This... or this I think." She says, looking between them.
Both are in a fairly conservative style but still look very elegant.
They are made of wool and for an everyday use rather then some sort of party thought. They even have discreet pockets sewn into them.

Cessie smiles at the dryad, "You pick, both would look simply lovely on you Sakura."

VampireRot
2011-01-08, 04:06 PM
Merrak watches for a moment, before shrugging.

The drow steps back and heads out of the training room, his footfalls again making no sound. Unless stopped, he'll exit Watchtower without another word to anyone.

FireFox
2011-01-08, 04:07 PM
Spyridon steps into the training room and looks around. ... What is happening?

Gullara
2011-01-08, 04:10 PM
Sakura looks between the two dresses a while before deciding on the purple one. ((My characters wear too much red as it is. Lots of vampires and all.:smalltongue:))

"This one looks nice." She takes it and walks out of the room with it. "I'll be right back." I'm assuming shoes come with the dress.

And after probably more time than it should have taken to dress, Sakura returns.

"How does it look?" she mostly looks at Adir.

Morty
2011-01-08, 04:11 PM
Spyridon steps into the training room and looks around. ... What is happening?

We're preparing an expedition to a hotel that's likely demon-infested, Wenomir explains. Three of our members will go with a girl who came to us asking for help.

Murkus
2011-01-08, 04:16 PM
"I like it. Cessie was right, suits you." He gives her barely a glance, however, a bit distracted with his suitcase.

FireFox
2011-01-08, 04:20 PM
We're preparing an expedition to a hotel that's likely demon-infested, Wenomir explains. Three of our members will go with a girl who came to us asking for help.

The necromancer frowns. Demons. Nasty things. Do you require my magical support?

Morty
2011-01-08, 04:21 PM
We might need it, yes. Do you think you could put up some form of communication so the team can call for backup?

Shadowcaller
2011-01-08, 04:23 PM
Cessie smiles excitedly, "That dress look perfect on you Sakura, do you like to keep it? I can always buy a new one."

"And... yes, we might need back up, I can use telepathy if needed." She tells the others, a bit distracted by dressing up the dryad.

FireFox
2011-01-08, 04:28 PM
I can create a scroll that will allow someone to contact us from any distance away, and I can summon a spirit that will let me know if you encounter any difficulties.

Gullara
2011-01-08, 04:30 PM
Sakura is disappointed that Adir isn't paying more attention to her new clothes. She pouts a little bit.

Looking back at Cessie, she smiles and says, "Are you sure? It's so nice." Seems that she's starting to warm up to clothes a little bit.

She doesn't really pay attention to the planning going on around her.

Morty
2011-01-08, 04:30 PM
Alright. Even if Cessie can use telepathy, the others will use the scroll if she's somehow incapacitated.

Murkus
2011-01-08, 04:43 PM
"I'll take this scroll. Keep it in my case." Adir says, still rummaging and only half-paying attention to the others.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-08, 04:44 PM
Sakura is disappointed that Adir isn't paying more attention to her new clothes. She pouts a little bit.

Looking back at Cessie, she smiles and says, "Are you sure? It's so nice." Seems that she's starting to warm up to clothes a little bit.

She doesn't really pay attention to the planning going on around her.

"Oh, don't worry about it, I have a lot of dresses back home. Sometimes I just give them to charity after I have worn them just once." Cessie replies. "I haven't even worn this one yet, but I can tell it looks much better on you then me. It's really you."

Clothes are clearly more important then mysterious hotels.

FireFox
2011-01-08, 04:48 PM
Spyridon quickly makes the scroll, then hands it over to Adir.

Gullara
2011-01-08, 04:57 PM
Clearly.:smalltongue:

"Thanks." the dryad says and tries to give Cessie a little hug. She then goes and sits by Adir. "Whatcha up to?"

Murkus
2011-01-08, 05:02 PM
Adir takes the scroll and stuffs it in his suitcase. Anyone might catch the glint of firearms or a steel helmet within the container. "Oh, just making things organized." The stag says, looking up and smiling. "You're not feeling nervous or anything, I hope."

Gullara
2011-01-08, 05:07 PM
"Everything will be okay," she says, smiling. The way she says it suggests 'with you there' should be tacked on to the end.

"So how am I going to hide a gun on this dress?" she asks.

Murkus
2011-01-08, 05:11 PM
"Um... I don't really know. Maybe we can get you a purse?" Adir says, looking her up and down. "It is nice on you though."

Gullara
2011-01-08, 05:16 PM
Sakura doesn't bother asking what a purse is, and instead tries to give Adir a kiss on the cheek. "Thanks."

Shadowcaller
2011-01-08, 05:18 PM
Cessie is a bit busy packing down the dresses again, but is looking curiously at Sakura and Adir, figuring they must be more then friends. It took her long enough.

Dryads weren't so prone about that whole marriage bit thought...
"Uh, so are we all ready to go to the hotel?" She asks the group.

Murkus
2011-01-08, 05:22 PM
"You're welcome." Adir says, grinning his most foolish grin.

Then he looks at Cessie, and gives a little thumbs-up. "All set. Though do you happen to have a purse that Sakura could borrow?"

If so, Adir will give her a pistol to keep there. He can also be brought along to the hotel. For the moment, however, he deadtimes.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-08, 05:32 PM
Cessie returns his smile. "I think I might have, I don't use purses that much, I prefer bags since my wandering days, but I did bought some for my sisters..."

She once again opens up her bag and after a bit of searching, she picks up a rather exclusive light-blue bag and shows it to the dryad. "Do you like this one Sakura? I really don't think Tyra mind if you use it a little while."

Gullara
2011-01-08, 05:40 PM
"Yeah, okay." Let's just hope it doesn't get destroyed by demons or something. Sakura will take the purse once it's offered to her and slip the gun into it.

horngeek
2011-01-08, 10:36 PM
Cathy frowns, and turns to Sakura. "I need to know something, how sensitive are you to nature? Because my most powerful ability pretty much completely forces reality to conform to my soul, and it can give creatures that are especially in tune with nature a headache."

{{For those who are thinking 'isn't that broken?', she said her soul, not her mind. Yes, it's still powerful, but she's altering the landscape. Those who are familiar with who she's a partial Expy of will know what to.}}

Gullara
2011-01-08, 10:41 PM
She's a dryad, so very attuned. She frowns a little, "Well, I'm sure I can deal with a headache."

horngeek
2011-01-08, 10:43 PM
Cathy nods. "Given the nature of what we're investigating, I'm not discounting the possibility I'll have to use it, but I'll try not to."

Gullara
2011-01-08, 10:47 PM
Sakura's frown is replaced with a smile. "That's alright. Do whatever you need to."

What they might face at that hotel hasn't really occurred to Sakura. She's never had to deal with fighting or people trying to kill her.

horngeek
2011-01-08, 11:19 PM
"Are we all ready, then?"

Shadowcaller
2011-01-09, 06:20 AM
The magician appears to have her things ready. "Yes, I'm as ready as I can possibly be I think."

Murkus
2011-01-09, 11:10 AM
"All set." Adir says, snatching up his suitcase and glancing around at his new companions.

Gullara
2011-01-09, 11:36 AM
Sakura stands and loops the purse over her shoulder. "I'm ready."

Shadowcaller
2011-01-09, 04:39 PM
"Okay, let's go then I suppose." And I suppose they will leave unless Cathy have something to say.

Murkus
2011-01-09, 10:27 PM
I suppose the troupe heads for the The Serpent's Gaze (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182192).

Gullara
2011-01-09, 10:36 PM
They do. Onward!

Morty
2011-01-10, 09:32 AM
Wenomir undeadtimes in the empty training room.

Murkus
2011-01-11, 09:49 PM
DC enters the tower.

Or, more closely approximated, Jack wearing a powerful illusion to match his appearance. It's designed to affect the minds of each viewer, making them believe they see and hear the psychic.

Anyone with a strong will or magic is free to try and resist, of course. They might get a slight headache just looking at him closely, in fact.

The not so grey man makes his way inside, mouth set in a tiny smile.

FireFox
2011-01-11, 10:08 PM
Good evening. Who are you? Spyridon, the emerald-robed necromancer who apparently makes will saves like a boss, confronts Jack.

Murkus
2011-01-11, 10:12 PM
"I'm, uh, one of the organization's sponsors." Jack says, immediately letting the illusion drop and trying to make Spyridon forget he noticed it. His voice is smooth, unnaturally convincing. Roll another of dem saves. "I'm just taking stock of the place. Having a look around."

FireFox
2011-01-11, 10:15 PM
The wizard rubs at his eyes and takes another look at Jack. Ah. My name is Spyridon. I am a fairly new member...

Darkcomet
2011-01-11, 10:25 PM
And now DC, the real one, returns from whatever trip he was on, spotting Jack. Spyridon might hear something in his head... That bastard's an AMENite. Kill him.

The psychic, meanwhile, attempts to telekinetically grab Jack by the foot, and he might sense the 'invisible hand' trying to grab him before it manages it. This is of course meant to make direct telekinetic attacks less...well, undodgeable. >.>

That of course is meant to give Spyridon some time, while DC is retrieving that beam gun of his.

Murkus
2011-01-11, 11:34 PM
"Ah. Welcome to the organization, then." Jack says, smiling charitably. Then something grabs at his foot.

Jack moves it away a bit, then kicks backwards violently. The psychic might not only feel his hand dissipate, but might feel a painful bash at his own mind. Dem metaphysics.

FireFox
2011-01-12, 07:31 AM
Spyridon's eyes widen and he quickly backs away from Jack. His hands flutter in the air as he casts a spell, summoning a phantom warrior in front of him.

Morty
2011-01-12, 11:19 AM
Hearing some noise, Wenomir heads downstairs... and sees DC flailing around in the air, apparently fighting Spyridon. Using his illusion-piercing gaze reveals that "DC" is in fact Jack, at which point he draws his sword and charges.

Murkus
2011-01-12, 05:21 PM
Jack takes a step back from Spyridon, raising his hands in a pacifying gesture. "Hey, man, calm down. What's the, uh..."

He grins and flicks his wrist at Wenomir. A rippling bolt of energy traces towards him, a blast of sheer Pain. If it hits, he should suddenly feel a rather horrible sensation of being eaten alive. By hundreds of tiny monsters. Even with anti-illusion powers, it affects the subject's nerves. Of course, if it even strikes, hitting a limb will only affect that limb.

"The problem? Can't two practitioners get along anymore?"

Morty
2011-01-12, 05:25 PM
Wenomir dodges the bolt in a quick, fluid motion, and is back in a fighting stance as soon as it zaps by. It does, however, ruin his charge. Why do all of you bastards think we're guilible idiots? I'd feel insulted if I gave a crap.

FireFox
2011-01-12, 05:26 PM
Spyridon just starts chanting another spell. The spirit tries to slash Jack with its ghostly sword, which feels just as sharp and solid as a normal blade.

Darkcomet
2011-01-12, 05:36 PM
DC's grip is thrown off, but fortunately Jack still doesn't seem to have noticed him. That's certainly useful.

DC loads a specific power cell into the beam gun, this one being icy blue in coloration, and fires a sweeping 'beam' of elemental ice at Jack's feet, which will probably result in freezing the impact areas once it hits. Ideally, this means Jack's feet and a strip of floor between them will be iced.

He's avoiding outright lethal attacks because firing into melee like that is rather dangerous.

Murkus
2011-01-12, 05:58 PM
"I can't help being a talkative guy." Jack says, stepping back to avoid the spectral blade. He raises a hand, as if to cast another spell, but is momentarily distracted by having his feet frozen to the floor. He flashes Wenomir and Spyridon a wide smile. "But I don't appreciate the 'bastard' bit. I mean, what did I ever do to you?"

He bends down, hopefully ducking any more oncoming attacks, and goes to start melting the ice through magic.

Morty
2011-01-12, 06:00 PM
Wenomir doesn't respond. Talking to this guy was almost as pointless as talking to Magtok. Instead, he charges Jack again and aims an overhead chop at him.

FireFox
2011-01-12, 06:03 PM
The warrior's spirit attacks in tandem with Wenomir, aiming a slash where it thinks Jack will dodge to avoid Wenomir's attack.

Spyridon finishes his incantation, which tries to drain Jack's energy, hopefully slowing him down.

Darkcomet
2011-01-12, 06:07 PM
"How about you shut up?" DC...can't really do much in this situation at range. So he...well, aims another ice-beam at Jack's legs.

This is going to be difficult.

Murkus
2011-01-12, 06:31 PM
Jack, seeing he's about to be cut in twain, opens a portal beneath his feet. Ice and all, he drops in, but DC's attack manages to catch one of his legs. Spyridon's incantation manages to affect him, but the other wizard might sense that Jack has plenty of energy where that came from.

He tumbles back out, now beside the stairs, momentarily weakened by the spell. One foot unfrozen, but his entire left leg is now cold and stiff.

The grey man grips a wall and heaves himself to his feet, taking a limping step backwards. "See? Talking too much has its uses."

With that, he limps rather quickly towards the stairs. He's gonna have a bit of fun with this. He would ready a ward to block the entrance to the stairway, but Spyridon's incantation is still messing with his powers.

Morty
2011-01-12, 06:33 PM
Wenomir mutters the command word and teleports right in front of the stairts in a flash, hopefully getting between them and Jack. No. He immediately slashes at his neck.
((Deadtime.))

Murkus
2011-01-12, 06:38 PM
"Yes." Jack ducks, and because one of his legs is incapable of bending at the moment, instead falls sideways. With an oof.

He swings his half frozen leg at Wenomir's ankles, hopefully sweeping him off his feet. Rather painfully.

FireFox
2011-01-12, 06:48 PM
When Jack disappears, the spirit slips through the floor. After he falls down by the stairs, it comes back up right next to him and stabs towards his chest.

Darkcomet
2011-01-12, 10:25 PM
DC heads to the staircase to get back in firing position, but the situation there means he can't really get a shot off without risking hitting someone he doesn't want to hit.

So no shooting.

Instead he prepares, a hand flaring up with a familiar dark red aura.

Murkus
2011-01-12, 10:51 PM
Jack is stabbed through the chest, his teeth gritting as the sword passes through. He raises a hand, twitching his fingers in a graceful motion, and a small glyph appears. With a violent shove, he pushes it towards the ghost-warrior and snarls his own brief incantation.

If successful, it may well banish the spirit, accompanied by a flash, a howling noise, and a rush of wind. Or at least damage its incorporeal form.

Jack crawls backwards on his hands, glancing at the stairs. Looks like he might be about to portal again.

Morty
2011-01-13, 12:47 PM
Wenomir's legs are swiped at and he loses his balance, but not enough to fall down. Instead, he staggers, leans on his sword and backs away so that DC has a clean shot.

Darkcomet
2011-01-13, 05:55 PM
DC notes the opportunity Wenomir gave him, though he still can't do the most effective thing against Jack. Using his gun's fire-cell would be entirely too likely to cause collateral damage.

Fire does that, as much as DC would like to set Jack on fire again.

Instead, as he notices that the ice is clearly not working, he loads the weapon's normal power cell and fires at Jack, the resulting hot energy beam aimed away from Jack's frozen leg so as to avoid melting it.

Though that's not all. He did spend a bit of time preparing another attack, after all...

This one consists of attempting to telekinetically grab (same as before) Jack by one of his shoulders and attempting to forcibly dislocate it with great strength if it's grabbed. 'Great strength' in this case meaning only 'borderline superhuman'. Nothing completely ridiculous.

Murkus
2011-01-13, 11:00 PM
The telekinetic grab appears to have no effect, seeing how Jack's shell is supported by a hole in space-time rather than a skeleton.

The beam, however, does just the opposite. A hole gets punched through his chest, and Jack howls in pain and rage.

A large, air-rippling blast of sheer Pain is sent DC's way, and hoping that'll serve as a distraction, Jack drags himself to his feet once more.

Of course, depending on whether or not his previous action was successful, he may or may not still have a spirit-blade embedded in his chest.

FireFox
2011-01-13, 11:01 PM
The spirit warrior is banished before it can stab Jack again.

Darkcomet
2011-01-13, 11:19 PM
DC is hit dead center by the attack, and staggers, dropping the beam gun. The psychic clenches his teeth as he raises both of his violently shaking hands, flaring with dark red auras, at Jack, hoping to maintain his telekinetic grip despite its initial ineffectiveness.

He tries to use that grip to violently slam Jack back to the floor next to Wenomir and hold him down, hoping to give the warrior a free attack.

Murkus
2011-01-13, 11:32 PM
Jack is slammed backwards with an oof and a curse. He glares at DC, and widens his gaze ever so slightly, eyes flashing briefly. He extends an amount of Focus to try to increase the psychic's pain, if only to beat down that tremendous willpower.

Then his attention returns to Wenomir, and he grins wide. "Gonna take me out, boy? Take me out with that dull thing? Why, I can't tell the flat from the sharp spots."

Morty
2011-01-14, 04:57 AM
Wenomir steps forward and brings his sword down with great force and speed, trying to cut Jack's head clean off.

Murkus
2011-01-14, 06:20 PM
Jack tries to time it, waiting for Wenomir to step close enough. The grey man then swings his remaining operative leg up, trying to kick Wenomir where a man should not be kicked.

Morty
2011-01-14, 06:26 PM
Jacks' kick encounters a problem, the problem being that Wenomir's mail goes down to his knees, so the groin region is protected by it, obviously. He's kicked, but shrugs it off thanks to the armor and continues his attempt to behead Jack.